The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   History teaches us: Young Presidents are BAD PRESIDENTS! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=8727)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-18-2008 09:56 PM

History teaches us: Young Presidents are BAD PRESIDENTS!

I just got the latest Republican memo regarding Barack Obama. It has 5 bullet points, the last two being:
  • undisciplined messaging carries great risk [Resist the urge to use the N-word]
  • His greatest weakness is inexperience. He is not ready to be commander in chief. He is not ready to be president. [Young presidents are bad presidents, just like young people are bad people.]
So, I'll be using the historical record to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the truthfulness of the central theme of the 2008 election.

Young Presidents are Bad Presidents:

President: Age when he took office

Theodore Roosevelt: 42

Teddy Roosevelt, the youngest commander-in-chief of the USA, is also widely regarded as the second worst president. His nickname, "teddy" refers to the fact that he still slept with a teddy bear, even while president.

Roosevelt's many disasters included national parks, which elevate animals to a status above human beings. We all know kids love animals, so voters should have predicted this.

He also introduced antitrust legislation, which paves the way for a command economy by breaking up corporations, and interfered with the right of consumers to buy inexpensive meat, when we all know "food poisoning" is God punishing people for sin.

John F. Kennedy: 43

This inexperienced baby messed up the Cuban missile crisis, squandering a perfect opportunity to nuke the USSR. He also convinced China to pull back from its invasion of India, squandering an opportunity to nuke China. And let's not forget that God showed his disapproval for young presidents by allowing him to be assassinated. It was not the first time.

Bill Clinton: 46

Being young doesn't just mean inexperience: it means hormones. Clinton was a sex-maniac by caucasian standards, but just wait until there's a black molestor-in-chief. Forget Monica's blue dress with white blobs on it: Obama's interns will look like they have white dresses with a blue bit here and there.

Expect foreign relations to be a mess, as our allied heads of state start becoming fathers of brown babies.

And look at the state of the economy today to see what happens when you let an inexperienced kid run the economy. Are you better off than you were 16 years ago?

Barack Obama: 47 (as of January 20th 2009)

Of course the democrats will say "Nuh-uh! He's 47 and a half!" Well, he's still hardly any older than the 3 most disasterous presidencies the USA has had to survive. And the rest of the under-50 club aren't much better:

James A. Garfield: 49

Never heard of him? Maybe that's because he was assassinated by God. Yes, God makes clear what He thinks of young presidents.

James K. Polk: 49

Inexperience in a commander-in-chief means defeats on the battlefield. Polk's legacy is the long, straight border between the US and Canada. A more experienced presidient, like McCain, would have conquered Canada, and probably Britain too.

He also "won" the Mexican-American war, if by "won" you mean "failed to conquer Mexico and treat it as the Bible demands we treat conquered nations".

Conclusion:

I think I've made the Republican Party's point clear. Now all we have to do is keep repeating these points over and over until November.

Unfalsifiable 02-18-2008 10:12 PM

Re: History teaches us: Young Presidents are BAD PRESIDENTS!

JFK was also a papist, which meant that America bent over and took it from the Pope for the 3 years he was in power. Let us never forget that.

SalvationSeeker 02-18-2008 10:42 PM

Well said, brother Jeb.
BTW history also teaches us that negro presidents are bad presidents. Just look at Africa!
I ask: Do we really want another Idi Amin? But this time on AMERICAN soil?
Jesus weeps!

Nobar King 02-18-2008 11:24 PM

By judging the remainder of the presidents, do you think it is possible to determine the optimum age for a president?

narrowpathy 02-19-2008 12:14 AM

But there were young kings, emperors, czars, and some of them were very good!

Pastor Ezekiel 02-19-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narrowpathy (Post 147281)
But there were young kings, emperors, czars, and some of them were very good!

Name them.

narrowpathy 02-19-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 147295)
Name them.

Peter I of Russia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_I_of_Russia

narrowpathy 02-19-2008 12:59 AM

Jesus, King of the Jews
King David

Pastor Ezekiel 02-19-2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narrowpathy (Post 147298)
Jesus, King of the Jews
King David

What was so wonderful about a commie king from russia?

Jesus doesn't count in this discussion, because He is God.

How old was King David when he became king, mr. narrowbrain?

Is that the best you can do?

narrowpathy 02-19-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 147299)
What was so wonderful about a commie king from russia?

Jesus doesn't count in this discussion, because He is God.

Is that the best you can do?

How can a king be a commie? Besides he was an autocrat. In other words, King of England was a democratic wuss in comparison to Peter.
What he did? He had a weak, backward army, he made that army good and modern and then he beat Swedes (who were too afraid to fight with anybody else afterwards). Then he greatly increased Russian territores.
Have you achieved something like that Pa Zeke?

King David was younger than those "young" presidents.

Last but not least, Mr. Narrowpathy
or if you want Pathy.

Ahimaaz Smith 02-27-2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 147299)

Excellent, Pastor Ezekiel, excellent indeed! This nancypatty keeps criticizing the Bible, so let's see if he even bothered to read it, first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narrowpathy (Post 147303)
King David was younger than those "young" presidents.

Narrowminded, I'm glad that at least you agree with us that King David was a real person (how athiests can dispute that is beyond my ability to comprehend). Nevertheless, you failed the test. it's not that hard a question to answer. No trick or anything. Just two digits. There, in the Bible, in plain site. Really:

David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years. In Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months: and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty and three years over all Israel and Judah.2 Samuel 5

So, please refrain from attacking the Bible until you've read it at least once.

Of course, unlike the coward Bill Clinton, who weaseled his way out of the righteous Vietnam war by lying and running to England to hide, David actually fought when his country called upon him, so he was wise beyond his years. And let us not forget, David was annointed king (and what a great King he was, truly a man worthy of the confidence of our just and merciful God!), which means the biased liberal Jewish elitist Ivy League media didn't control who got picked like they do all too often in US politics today.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-12-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narrowpathy (Post 147296)
Peter I of Russia

His daughter was the infamous nymphomaniac Catherine the Great, who, like Chelsea Clinton, was raping her pillows from the age of 12. Peter, like Bill Clinton, decided to spare the rod and spoil the child.

So you've proved that young leaders are also bad parents.

Atheist_Sinner 03-22-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 158385)
His daughter was the infamous nymphomaniac Catherine the Great, who, like Chelsea Clinton, was raping her pillows from the age of 12. Peter, like Bill Clinton, decided to spare the rod and spoil the child.

So you've proved that young leaders are also bad parents.

A. Two examples are not proof against a group, especially if the group as a whole is not present at the event being used as "proof"
B. I have seen no proof that either Catherine or Chelsea was "raping pillows" at 12. Catherine had quite an active sex life with several partners after the death of her husband but I have yet to find any information that she had any before her marriage at the age of 16 (even 13 wouldn't have been considered entirely inappropriate at the time). Also, to the best of my knowledge you are unable to prove that Chelsea Clinton has had sex at all. By all means feel free to enlighten everyone with your knowledge but please don't expect anyone to take your assertions seriously without a smoking gun (or semen-stained dress... I couldn't avoid the cheap-shot at Bill). If you produce the name of at least one reputable historian that shares your view or perhaps a couple of first-person accounts then you might have a leg to stand on.

Anyway, if I'm wrong about A then the Bush twins would also "prove" Republicans are bad parents whose children become alcoholics:

Jenna Bush fined for Alcohol Possession by a minor http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/04/27/bush.daughter/

I also know that both the twins, Jenna and Barb, were arrested in another incident for underage drinking though I can't find a link to a source ATM.

Brother Temperance 03-22-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narrowpathy (Post 147303)
How can a king be a commie? Besides he was an autocrat. In other words, King of England was a democratic wuss in comparison to Peter.

Oh, so you hate Freedom now, Mr. Sociopathy?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atheist_Sinner (Post 162694)
B. I have seen no proof that either Catherine or Chelsea was "raping pillows" at 12. Catherine had quite an active sex life with several partners after the death of her husband but I have yet to find any information that she had any before her marriage at the age of 16 (even 13 wouldn't have been considered entirely inappropriate at the time). Also, to the best of my knowledge you are unable to prove that Chelsea Clinton has had sex at all. By all means feel free to enlighten everyone with your knowledge but please don't expect anyone to take your assertions seriously without a smoking gun (or semen-stained dress... I couldn't avoid the cheap-shot at Bill). If you produce the name of at least one reputable historian that shares your view or perhaps a couple of first-person accounts then you might have a leg to stand on.

Nice try, but we are not going to pollute these boards by posting perverted Chelsea Clinton erotica for your sick pleasure.
Quote:

Anyway, if I'm wrong about A then the Bush twins would also "prove" Republicans are bad parents whose children become alcoholics:

Jenna Bush fined for Alcohol Possession by a minor http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/04/27/bush.daughter/

I also know that both the twins, Jenna and Barb, were arrested in another incident for underage drinking though I can't find a link to a source ATM.
They were framed. It's all a liberal conspiracy.

The_Arizonan 06-21-2008 10:21 PM

The reason why James K. Polk did not conquer Canada was because he was more loyal to the South. He wanted all of Mexico, but he screwed up somewhere along the way, even though American troops occupied Mexico City.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 05-08-2019 01:59 PM

Bumping this thread because Pete Buttigieg is rising in the polls despite being young.

I should point out that young presidents are especially bad in these fast-moving high-tech times. Because young people use computers, they are vulnerable to being hacked by Russian hackers and Nigerian princes.

MitzaLizalor 05-10-2019 04:30 PM

It's not entirely a new thing. When, aged under 21, Jean-Claude “Baby Doc” Duvalier took over the reins in Haiti things didn't turn out so hot.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 05-11-2019 03:34 PM

When asked the describe himself, the first thing Pete Buttigieg says is his age:

The next thing he mentions is that he's a veteran, forgetting that Americans don't vote for veterans of losing wars. Our last veteran President was Bush Sr. a veteran of the last war we won, WW2.

MitzaLizalor 05-12-2019 04:04 AM

I listened for over five minutes but was unable to continue all the way through. It was at 5 minutes and 51 seconds where it started. They had been talking about Mike Pence and Buttigieg's decision to announce his homosexuality to the world. He said there was something Pence needed to understand:

If that was a choice it was made way above my pay grade [laughter] so what he doesn't realize is that his quarrel is with my creator [applause] My marriage has moved me closer to God and I wish he respected that
V.P. Mike Pence
Quoted verbatim

"Which 'God' is that?" I wondered. I decided to read The Bible to see how things stacked up. After all, it's not as though the Creator of the universe hasn't told us how He wants homosexuals treated.
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Abomination. That's quite a strong word. Now it could be that Buttigieg's creator didn't mind that he was an abomination. I continued reading Leviticus and will link to the whole passage below but right there in chapter 20 God explained what He wanted to happen next. This was conclusive: Buttigieg is not referring to God as presented in The Bible. He has decided that he knows better than that and made up a different creator for himself. One that's just like him.
Leviticus 20:1,13 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying..If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Buttigieg needs to explain how someone able to create the whole universe, all life in it, each and every part of every individual alive now or ever alive in the past, able to see the need for Redemption and the means to achieve it and bring that into reality so effectively (if that's what he believes) would be so incompetent in handing down instructions for the homosexuality as to cause such immense suffering over so many centuries for so many people NOT BY DEFAULT but BY THE VERY COMMANDMENT ITSELF could ever elicit feelings other than the utmost revulsion?

Even if he claims that God overturned His commandment a couple of thousand years ago—in which case it's taken an awful long time to filter down—he still needs to account for the suffering before that and accommodate it within his belief system.

I can't see how he can do that. Giving up the pope and rooting for the archbishop of Canterbury doesn't cut it. Neither of them follow The Bible. And since Buttigieg rejects our only source for God's justice and our only record of Jesus Christ, why does he call himself a believer at all? He must believe in something, but it isn't God.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 05-12-2019 05:46 AM

Young ones are the worst but really old ones are really the worst, like imagine Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren or Joe Biden. Absolute worst choice possible. I think the talking points say that now.