The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

Dr Laurence Niles 02-13-2012 10:55 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?

Yes you can.

Exodus 21:7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
Joel 3:8 And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Morality does not change because a few years go by.

Do you see, now?

Praise Him! :jesus:
Posted via Mobile Device

lilfaggy 02-13-2012 10:59 PM

Not in the USA, you can't. Welcome to this day and age, my friend.

Thomas Dalton 02-14-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lol u guys (Post 847755)
You guys are just odd. You can't sell a human being, we aren't living in the 1700's anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lol u guys (Post 847762)
Not in the USA, you can't. Welcome to this day and age, my friend.

Dear mr. Internetlawyer.

Study law for a few years before deciding what we can or cannot do.
Asking for a dowry is not illegal, as you would have known if you had bothered to read the thread.

YiC,

Thomas

goodboy 03-14-2012 04:46 PM

Well, I don't think this is right in a way. How could it be legal to sell somebody?

Dr Laurence Niles 03-14-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodboy (Post 858496)
Well, I don't think this is right in a way. How could it be legal to sell somebody?

Please read the post directly above your previous post.

What you need to do is scroll up a bit, focus your eyes on the post above the one I'm replying to and read the words written. Then think about how what you have just read with your eyes and understood with your brain could relate to your post.

Your post is directly above my post (this post) that I'm am typing and you are currently reading.

Simple :angry:

All the best.
Posted via Mobile Device

goodboy 03-14-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larni69 (Post 858498)
Please read the post directly above your previous post.

What you need to do is scroll up a bit, focus your eyes on the post above the one I'm replying to and read the words written. Then think about how what you have just read with your eyes and understood with your brain could relate to your post.

Your post is directly above my post (this post) that I'm am typing and you are currently reading.

Simple :angry:

All the best.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, I meant from a view from our goverment eyes.

Dr Laurence Niles 03-14-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodboy (Post 858507)
Well, I meant from a view from our goverment eyes.

I don't have any government eyes. Are you on the drugs?

All the best.
Posted via Mobile Device

goodboy 03-14-2012 05:15 PM

No. But can't the police get involved and stop the purchase?

Didymus Much 03-14-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodboy (Post 858512)

Mr. Larni is constrained in the language he can use to respond to you, due to his being a True Christian™.

I, however, am not.

So: READ THE FUCKING THREAD, DIPSHIT.

goodboy 03-14-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 858520)
Mr. Larni is constrained in the language he can use to respond to you, due to his being a True Christian™.

I, however, am not.

So: READ THE FUCKING THREAD, DIPSHIT.

Yeah yeah. Well, is it legal if you compare laws? :jesus:

Thomas Dalton 03-14-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodboy (Post 858512)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dowry+illigal+in+sweden

Only in India.

Stupid Muslims. :lex_12:

Didymus Much 03-14-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodboy (Post 858523)
Yeah yeah. Well, is it legal if you compare laws? :jesus:

Gee, why don't you READ THE FUCKING THREAD ALREADY and find out?

goodboy 03-14-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Dalton (Post 858524)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dowry+illigal+in+sweden

Only in India.

Stupid Muslims. :lex_12:

So I can sell my daughter here in Sweden? :D

Oceanwander 03-23-2012 04:50 AM

In the Bible, children are considered property.

If I were to buy her, will I be able to use her as slave labor if I wish?
I mean it is your flesh and blood, but if you are giving her to me, I should be able to do with her as a please, whether I treat her like a loving daughter or a slave.

Just so you know, my Daughters have only a mattress to sleep on and a bible to study. Toys, books, T.V and Computers forbidden unless it pertains to or helps teach them about Jesus.

As a slave she will be lucky to get a floor to sleep on, let alone decent clothing.

If you are O.K with this, I'll gladly take her. $150,000?

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 03-23-2012 05:05 AM

You completely miss the point of the verses.

Quote:

Exodus 21:7-11 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.
And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.
And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.
If a man sells his daughter, her new master can't mistreat her or make her a field slave. She can only be an indoor slave.

If he forces her to become his concubine or wife, he can never stop providing for her in clothes or in sexual intercourse.

It's a very humane and enlightened way to go about it, don't you agree?

Joshua.Wright 03-25-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson (Post 861972)
If a man sells his daughter, her new master can't mistreat her or make her a field slave. She can only be an indoor slave.

If he forces her to become his concubine or wife, he can never stop providing for her in clothes or in sexual intercourse.

It's a very humane and enlightened way to go about it, don't you agree?

But if you look at from a legal standpoint, it's punishable by law (human trafficking)

P.s. I'm noot saying the bible should never be obeyed, but when it comes to legality it's not the best thing to reference.

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 03-25-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua.Wright (Post 862827)
But if you look at from a legal standpoint, it's punishable by law (human trafficking)

P.s. I'm noot saying the bible should never be obeyed, but when it comes to legality it's not the best thing to reference.

Again, asking for a bride price/ reverse dowry is not illegal in many jurisdictions. Check your local law for details. Many states allow younger people to get married with parental consent. Some require a court hearing first.
We are lobbying tirelessly for state and national governments to recognize our right to freedom of religion. Until such time, we will have to stay within local laws.

I'm sure that's why Pastor Levi wants to keep this within the family of believers.

Good Christian Woman 03-25-2012 11:27 PM

Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?

My daughter Naomi just turned 14, and my husband believes it's high time to find her a good, Christian husband.

He'd like at least $700 for her, since she is a True Christian virgin, but he's willing to be flexible with price because, well, let's just say there's a reason I'm choosing not to post her picture.

She's an excellent cook, and she'll have a nice warm cherry pie waiting for you every night after you get home from work. We've taught her submission, so you won't have to worry about obedience. Her cleaning skills are lacking, though, so don't put away that rod just yet.

Jedediah 03-26-2012 02:17 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?

My oldest son is 12, but I've already arranged for him to marry the newborn daughter of my buddy Earl. I think she'd be too old by the time the others came of age. Starting at an early age is more important for girls since they only have so many prime child-bearing years.

Vocaltard 03-27-2012 07:22 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?

you have no right to sell her to begin with! she just turned 14! its her decision to marry or not! this is slavery! how does this make you any different from Joseph Kony?:angry: