The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A friendly reminder for women who wear pants (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=26950)

Mrs. Mary Whitford 08-05-2009 06:51 PM

Re: A friendly reminder for women who wear pants

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard dawkins idiot son (Post 375443)
i have used facts.

Like your lie of a name? You still haven't explained how you can be Dick Dawkins' non-existent "son".

Professor Tyeisha X 08-06-2009 05:08 AM

What is wrong with wearing pants? I have no qualms about wearing my power suit with shoulder pads when I'm going up against some would-be male oppressor in a debate. This is just more evidence that the Bible was created by a bunch of sexist pigs who wanted to provide authority for their bigoted ways.

Personally, I don't mind spying a young woman in tight jeans that shows off her curves. ;) <---racist smiley, should be brown-skinned

Pastor Isaac Peters 08-06-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Tyeisha X (Post 376902)
What is wrong with wearing pants? I have no qualms about wearing my power suit with shoulder pads when I'm going up against some would-be male oppressor in a debate.

Latrina, what's wrong with your wearing pants is that God hates it. You admit that it fits perfectly with your lifestyle choice of backtalking to men instead of submitting to them, so how good can it be?

Mary O'Bryan Thorne 08-09-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Tyeisha X (Post 376902)
What is wrong with wearing pants? I have no qualms about wearing my power suit with shoulder pads when I'm going up against some would-be male oppressor in a debate. This is just more evidence that the Bible was created by a bunch of sexist pigs who wanted to provide authority for their bigoted ways.

Personally, I don't mind spying a young woman in tight jeans that shows off her curves. ;) <---racist smiley, should be brown-skinned

Oh, deary me. Young black woman, you are doomed to burn in hell. Are you not aware that shoulder pads are a total faux pas - that style went out in the late 80's. :thumbdown:

Mary

Jenni111 08-09-2009 07:25 PM

I wear pants and I'm a girl...I don't think it's wrong unless they look like men's pants

angels 08-09-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenni111 (Post 379692)
I wear pants and I'm a girl...I don't think it's wrong unless they look like men's pants

Oh dear missy. All pants are men's. Women should NOT wear them.:angry:

Bob Wajorsky 08-09-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Deuteronomy
22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God

God makes it very clear that women are not to be in pants or any type of clothing that is for a man.

I truly Suggest that you Pick up a Copy of the King James v1611 and read it!

It sounds like you are on a path to Eternal Damnation!

It has nothing to do with what you think is "OK", It has everything to do with WHAT GOD SAYS IS OK.

Pastor Ezekiel 08-09-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Please! This is a Christian forum! Go peddle your lezbeanism somewhere else! :angry:

Jenni111 08-09-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 379793)
Please! This is a Christian forum! Go peddle your lezbeanism somewhere else! :angry:

sorry Pastor

Widow Green 08-10-2009 03:33 PM

Just what kind of pants are we talking about here? This may be lost in the crossover between America and the UK but over here pants can also mean underwear. Are you saying I should go commando? Where in the Bible does it say this. And have you ever experienced a British summer? It gets awfully chilly regardless of how I would fare during winter.

I favour a nice pair of jeans if we are not talking underwear. A nice tight fitting pair that rest on my hips and show off my womanly form for which I do 500 sit ups a day to maintain. No muffin top here. For that much effort I am not covering it all up under a dress. My Pastor has not voiced any disapproval so it can't be wrong, why only yesterday he asked when I would be calling around to clean his windows. He says the stretching to reach the corners helps with my height, me being on the short side. He likes to watch from the inside sitting by the fire with a nice rug over his knees to keep him warm.

Pastor Isaac Peters 08-10-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widow Green (Post 380149)
I favour a nice pair of jeans if we are not talking underwear. A nice tight fitting pair that rest on my hips and show off my womanly form for which I do 500 sit ups a day to maintain. No muffin top here. For that much effort I am not covering it all up under a dress. My Pastor has not voiced any disapproval so it can't be wrong, why only yesterday he asked when I would be calling around to clean his windows. He says the stretching to reach the corners helps with my height, me being on the short side. He likes to watch from the inside sitting by the fire with a nice rug over his knees to keep him warm.

What matters is not what some liberal "pastor" says, but what the Bible says, and it says that women are to dress modestly:

1 Tim. 2:9-10: In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

On the other hand, cleaning the windows counts as adorning yourself with good works.

Morgana 08-13-2009 09:26 PM

So does this mean I can or can't wear my Burquini to the beach tomorrow? I am getting one, minus the cap, for I am not a Muslimah, and don't need that part. Just asking. I sunburn easy, that is why I chose this kind.
http://www.ahiida.com/index.php?a=subcats&cat=20

ownedproperty 01-24-2013 03:43 AM

My father and husband have both forbid me from ever wearing pants. For a woman is to dress modestly and not wear that of men. Additionally, I feel better prepared to serve my husband as he wishes in a dress than I feel I ever would if I were to ever wear pants.

Rebecca

Paragon of virtue 01-24-2013 01:32 PM

@ Morgana, if you don't mind me saying, that's quite the fetching outfit you have on there. Why, if I weren't a married man...

Barry 01-24-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Actually, I dont think you think at all, writing coments like that. But today The US Military, to much hilarity and ridicule the world over, announced it would allow women to serve in combat units. In such circumstances, to preserve what (if any) dignity the US Military has left, I think perhaps those women should be forced to wear mens trousers.

Mary Etheldreda 01-24-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry (Post 971491)
Actually, I dont think you think at all, writing coments like that. But today The US Military, to much hilarity and ridicule the world over, announced it would allow women to serve in combat units. In such circumstances, to preserve what (if any) dignity the US Military has left, I think perhaps those women should be forced to wear mens trousers.

Puh-lease. Those "women" who want to do combat already wear men's trousers. They probably wear after-shave lotion, too, just to complete the fantasy.

http://i.imgflip.com/fg1n.gif

JustGotSaved 01-28-2013 09:34 PM

"Camel toe" is why women cant wear pants!

ownedproperty 01-29-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustGotSaved (Post 972622)
"Camel toe" is why women cant wear pants!

The bible says we can not wear pants, not a camel's toe.

Rebecca

Onthedope 01-29-2013 06:02 PM

Well the bible says to not wear any thing pertaining of a man. Is it still considered bad to wear women's pants is that violating the bibles rules. Because if I recall correctly robes and dress shirts were worn by men. Are they violating the bibles rules. Robes were unisexual back then as pants are today.

Redeemed Papist 01-29-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ownedproperty (Post 972697)
The bible says we can not wear pants, not a camel's toe.

Rebecca

Sounds like a hot mess either way.