The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Should we continue to support foreign missions? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116551)

BrotherLarry 07-07-2019 04:04 PM

Should we continue to support foreign missions?

The Lord God spake unto me, His grateful servant, and led me to pray for a time when pterodactyls roamed freely and we didn’t use hard earned money reaching foreign heathens for Christ. Odd? I don’t think so.

But I ask you, church, to give this some thought. We have enough heathens in America to convert: Democrats, Joos, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Methodists, and homers. I know my ministries could use a financial push. Do we really care about Namibia when we could reach Nebraska at half the cost? Will we miss the Japs in Heaven when we could fellowship with Jersey? What are your thoughts?

I know we are commissioned to go into all the world; what if Jesus meant just our part of the world and people elsewhere are meant to reach their own? Pastor Zeke would have His airplane now if we hadn’t sent millions to Burkina Faso.

I pray we do the right thing.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 07-07-2019 05:27 PM

Re: Should we continue to support foreign missions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1254691)
I know we are commissioned to go into all the world; what if Jesus meant just our part of the world and people elsewhere are meant to reach their own? Pastor Zeke would have His airplane now if we hadn’t sent millions to Burkina Faso.

But Brother Larry, Pastor wouldn't technically need such a large airplane if he were only flying around the Godly US of A. He could "make do" with the one (ones?) he's already got. Would you really deprive him of his due?

As for sending millions to Burkina Faso, I don't know who's been doing that but it certainly isn't anyone in my family! They'd only spend it on music, mosques and soccer players. Plus, they speak French. :thumbdown:

Basilissa 07-08-2019 02:47 AM

Of course foreign missions are important. Without traveling to godless South America I'd have never met Enrique, would I?

BrotherLarry 07-08-2019 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1254707)
Of course foreign missions are important. Without traveling to godless South America I'd have never met Enrique, would I?

No. :thumbdown: No you wouldn’t. :(

MitzaLizalor 07-10-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1254691)
I know we are commissioned to go into all the world; what if Jesus meant just our part of the world and people elsewhere are meant to reach their own?

I wonder how many people in Africa have not heard about Jesus? For them to have heard they must have been contacted and either accepted or rejected The Good News. Surely it's possible to assess whether their blasphemy levels have impugned The Holy Ghost? All across that country we see people turning away from Christ, denying that He is God, denying that He was affirmed by The Holy Spirit in visible form at His baptism and rejecting the Christian message of Redemption. There was an opportunity to walk away from savage spirits, nature demons and always looking out for "ancestors" (actually devils) but so often they move from animism directly to idolatry and moon worship, two things explicitly condemned by God.

Deuteronomy 4:14-19 excerpt
And the LORD commanded me [Moses] at that time to teach you statutes and judgments..Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves..lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image..and lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them
If by so doing they have moved beyond any possibility of Salvation there would seem little point presenting the message again. A similar assessment could be made for other countries too. The missionaries who have the experience would know where their witness had reached and, from their knowledge of other belief systems determine what types of blasphemy were in action there.