The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Will Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim be ok to play or will it be evil (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=59451)

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 07-06-2011 08:07 AM

Re: Will Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim be ok to play or will it be evil

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nex Sacramentum (Post 772151)

I take it a insult for my religion. I think, I WILL try it or watch some videos about it. to get a better view about that.

Speaking of, what is your religion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nex Sacramentum (Post 772151)
Can i ask for you're opinion of this game?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe your user name sums it all up. A blood oath that you will kill someone certainly doesn't glorify God, therefore I think it's a bad thing.

Nex Sacramentum 07-06-2011 08:07 AM

Ah never mind i don't want to start a battle Talk with you guys.

Oh and one last question: i searched too about the Game called Darksiders.
And saw something about Horseman of apokalypse.

I take it a insult for my religion. I think, I WILL try it or watch some videos about it. to get a better view about that.

Can i ask for you're opinion of this game?

Nex Sacramentum 07-06-2011 08:14 AM

Sry about that spam my browser gone wrong.

Ok my religion is Ortodox, many people has it in Russia but I'm a german.
With romanian ancestors. So the religion is in romania too.

I go every Sunday to the church and graveyard to bring flowers to my mothers and fathers grave

Fetusboy 07-21-2011 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 695697)
Are you seriously rejecting the Word of God? :huh:

Please directly link me to where the bible states the sins that are being committed by playing a video game? I cannot for the life of me find "Thou shalt not play thy oblivion" (or any other variation leading to the sinful act of playing a video game) in any of my reading /= You seem adamantly sure that partaking in such an action like playing games that are made in no way intended to target a religion, religious figure, or religious beliefs is synonymous with worshiping Satan. Do quote the bible for me as I will clarify your assimilation so your judgement will not be clouded by these misinterpretations any longer.

Uncle Festur 07-21-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 695697)
Are you seriously rejecting the Word of God? :huh:

Please directly link me to where the bible states the sins that are being committed by playing a video game? I cannot for the life of me find "Thou shalt not play thy oblivion" (or any other variation leading to the sinful act of playing a video game) in any of my reading /= You seem adamantly sure that partaking in such an action like playing games that are made in no way intended to target a religion, religious figure, or religious beliefs is synonymous with worshiping Satan. Do quote the bible for me as I will clarify your assimilation so your judgement will not be clouded by these misinterpretations any longer.

Zechariah Smyth 07-21-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Fetus (Post 776673)

How about introducing yourself properly in your own introduction thread before coming in here and spouting stilted nonsense like "clarify your assimilation" okey-dokey?

(Colossians 4:6) "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man"

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 07-21-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetusboy (Post 776671)

You can't find it, because you want to believe in your own version of the Bible.

1 Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

In other words, anything that glorifies evil like the use of witchcraft and magic! If you can't figure out what the bible says about witches, I feel sorry for you. I suggest you use the googler thingy.

Uncle Festur 07-21-2011 03:53 PM

Zech: Excuse me for skipping the formalities and getting right to the point.

Willy: now that "googler thing" didn't help. I went to google translate going from bs to English but it didn't work. You can't say that I'm following my own version of the bible. And in a game where you KILL demons and other companions of Satan, by doing so you are glorifying him and all evil? I don't see how that makes sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pastor Ezekiel 07-22-2011 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Festur (Post 776754)
Zech: Excuse me for skipping the formalities and getting right to the point.

Willy: now that "googler thing" didn't help. I went to google translate going from bs to English but it didn't work. You can't say that I'm following my own version of the bible. And in a game where you KILL demons and other companions of Satan, by doing so you are glorifying him and all evil? I don't see how that makes sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

What you don't see could fill a football stadium, boy. We aren't interested in your unsaved opinions.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

Alphonse Alban 07-22-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Festur (Post 776754)
And in a game where you KILL demons and other companions of Satan, by doing so you are glorifying him and all evil? I don't see how that makes sense.

How exactly you do this in thin game? Do you read scripture for them from KJV 1611? No, you use all sorts of wicked sorceries and witchcraft for it in this twisted game. Bible clearly forbids all this kind of activity.

So end does not justify the means. :angry:
Of course that must be hard to understand for heathen like you, but no Christian would ever play game as satanic as this one.

Parallel 07-26-2011 06:56 PM

Actually, in the game Oblivion, you don't use "witchcraft", rather you don't HAVE to, you have a sword and a shield, or a sword. You go and kill demons the spawn of Satan, in my opinion it is rather glorifying God. If you do use said "witchcraft" you only show that you are being tainted and tempted by Satan. But rather, it's just my opinion.

Redeemed Papist 07-26-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

it's just my opinion.
Proverbs 18:2 A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.

Ecclesiastes 10:3 Yea also, when he that is a fool walketh by the way, his wisdom faileth him, and he saith to every one that he is a fool.

Bobby-Joe 07-26-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parallel (Post 778044)
Actually, in the game Oblivion, you don't use "witchcraft", rather you don't HAVE to, you have a sword and a shield, or a sword. You go and kill demons the spawn of Satan, in my opinion it is rather glorifying God. If you do use said "witchcraft" you only show that you are being tainted and tempted by Satan. But rather, it's just my opinion.

This makes this better, how? Jesus didn't butcher the Romans and the Temple priests, He confronted them about their own evil. Oblivion is more of the secularist obsession with violence that lead to that Muslim terrorist in Norway.

Parallel 07-26-2011 07:43 PM

I admire you would take time to say this but, they are irrelevant to what I was talking about. It is also said... Matthew 7:1 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged."

Billy Bob Jenkins 07-26-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parallel (Post 778073)
I admire you would take time to say this but, they are irrelevant to what I was talking about. It is also said... Matthew 7:1 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged."

How is that relevant to this topic?

Bobby-Joe 07-26-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parallel (Post 778073)

John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Acting like a murdering Islamic terrorist like you do in Elder Scrolls means you are a murdering Islamic terrorist.

Norway means nothing to you Sir?

Henry Poppendorfer 07-27-2011 09:00 PM

The very title causes me to shudder. "Skyrim" is clearly a portmaneu of "sky" and "rimming," an act so vile that I can only imagine how depraved an individual would have to be before trying it (just to note: The Christian rule is that you never go rectum-to-mouth. Or for that matter, go anything except 'go to your room alone and pray to Jesus for forgiveness'). That they would associate the sky, which is clearly the location of Heaven, with such an indescribably foul act is sickening in the extreme. No surprise that it's being made by game developers, who are notably anti-Christian. Rest assured, their neckbeards will be caught aflame once they're burning in the pits of hell!

DaveTheGamer 08-28-2011 05:34 PM

All I can say is. Please. Dont speak about something you have no clue about, it just makes you look like a really, really, dumb Christian.

Redeemed Papist 08-29-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTheGamer (Post 789026)
All I can say is. Please. Dont speak about something you have no clue about, it just makes you look like a really, really, dumb Christian.

It's good of you to lead by example. However, we're used to having know-nothing false Christians coming in here all the time telling us crazy stuff like "God loves everyone" and "I don't see why God would do this that and the other" without ever once checking to see if they're right.

DaveTheGamer 08-29-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 789283)
It's good of you to lead by example. However, we're used to having know-nothing false Christians coming in here all the time telling us crazy stuff like "God loves everyone" and "I don't see why God would do this that and the other" without ever once checking to see if they're right.

That's probably right.
Thou I very much disagree with your interpretations of the Holy Bible.

Anyway on topic.
That doesn't justify throwing trash at something without any knowledge about it now does it?

I mean just look at the Diablo 3 thread. If you took 5 minutes of your time and Googled Diablo 3, the very first link that pops up is to the official site.

Which explains in rather detail about the "not advertising for prostitution, murder and what else crap" that hideous game the thread maker found.