The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Poetaster's Korner (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What kind of music do Baptists like? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=1434)

Bert from Belgium 01-05-2007 11:56 PM

What kind of music do Baptists like?

Excuse me, it may be the wrong place to post this. I looked, but all the other places speak about religion only, and this one seems to be about poems.

I just wanted to ask you what kind of music do you like?

Music is important, it's like a prayer. Myself I play the clarinet and the saxophone for 12 years. I like classic music (Wagner, Verdi, Tchaikovski, Strauss...and Orff! Do you know Carmina Burana?) as well as modern music (human league, duran duran, boney m...)

I heard there was "christian rock" in the USA. Do you really listen to that?
And the Gospel must sound great too. Unfortunately, the music in our churches is particularly pityfull, most of the times it's a old guy playing simplistic tunes with a big organ.

Bobby-Joe 01-06-2007 12:23 AM

Re: What kind of music do Baptists like?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert from Belgium (Post 28439)
Music is important, it's like a prayer. Myself I play the clarinet and the saxophone for 12 years. I like classic music (Wagner, Verdi, Tchaikovski, Strauss...and Orff! Do you know Carmina Burana?) as well as modern music (human league, duran duran, boney m...)

Don't you find the those instraments disturbing friend? When being used they look like nothing more than someone is orally servicing a brass tallywacker. Hardly the image a Christian should present to the world.

mollychu 01-06-2007 12:42 AM

whoo another clarinet player!:lol:

but um. clarinets and saxaphones (well.not saxaphones alteast) dont really resemble a "tallywhacker"

and the clarinet is just....long. so i guess all things that are long resemble "tallywhackers" :fear2:?

oh man. my entire post is deliciously perverted.

and instruments being used for sex; thats only on american pie.

shaunasaurus 01-06-2007 12:43 AM

a lot of things resemble "tallywhackers", but ONLY to the PERVERTED mind such as your own!

oh whose the "sinner" now... :D

i play B-flat clarinet and love it.

Daisy Mae Johnson 01-06-2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunasaurus (Post 28450)
a lot of things resemble "tallywhackers", but ONLY to the PERVERTED mind such as your own!

oh whose the "sinner" now... :D

i play B-flat clarinet and love it.

Son,

We True Christians™ care NOT to hear about your skin flute playing abilities.

Get the HENCE!

Since you were asking about True Christian™ Music. Here is a WONDERFUL thread with HEAVENLY recommendations.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showt...hristian+Music

With Love, Sister Thumper

Bert from Belgium 01-06-2007 03:59 PM

I really try to understand you, but it's difficult to me because you are really different from all the people I have met before.

1) Why do you call me "friend" or "son"? It must be kind but it disturbs me.

2)
Quote:

Don't you find the those instraments disturbing friend? When being used they look like nothing more than someone is orally servicing a brass tallywacker. Hardly the image a Christian should present to the world.
Is it serious? Are you also against sausages, pencils, lollypops and carrots?
You really always see sins everywhere or it's just because I (as a unsaved poor sinner) posted it?

3)
Quote:

Since you were asking about True Christian™ Music. Here is a WONDERFUL thread with HEAVENLY recommendations.
I watched this thread. Since I don't know any of those titles, I may not judge, but you always listen to this kind of music only? You seem to live in autharcy, cut from the rest of the world, speaking about God all day long. Don't you feel any curiosity about what happens outside your community?

Pastor Al E Pistle 01-06-2007 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert from Belgium (Post 28622)
Is it serious? Are you also against sausages, pencils, lollypops and carrots?
You really always see sins everywhere or it's just because I (as a unsaved poor sinner) posted it?

Friend, sin is all around us! Homerism is Satanism and soybeans are the messengers. Just look at this Belgian advertisement:

Bub. 01-06-2007 07:22 PM

Pastor (how should I call you? Dad? Daddy? Father?) I just would like to say that your post is a lie (or if you intended to be humorous, I did not see it)

What is written on this picture looks like Polish or some Slave language. You know that it is not in French nor Dutch, so not Belgian, yet you posted it saying it was.

I don't know a lot about the Bible, OK, but i know that lying is a sin. So if you want to show me the example, don't sin.

Poetic Peter 01-06-2007 07:40 PM

Re: What Belgians lack?

Q: How can you tell a Belgian?

A: That he has no sense of humor?

Q: Yes, precisely!

A: So, how can you tell a Belgian that he has no sense of humor?

Q: You can't.

A: I'm supposed to give the answers!

Q: OK, so what is the question?

A: The point is moot:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bub. (Post 28694)
....I just would like to say that your post is a lie
(or if you intended to be humorous, I did not see it)...

Bub. 01-06-2007 07:54 PM

lol.

OK, it's my turn.

"Quel est le fruit préféré de l'homme?
La nana."

You don't laugh? So you don't have any sense of humor neither, my friend ;):innocent:

Pastor Al E Pistle 01-06-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bub. (Post 28708)
lol.

OK, it's my turn.

La nana."

You don't laugh? So you don't have any sense of humor neither, my friend ;):innocent:

That's sick and disgusting! I rebuke you in JESUS' holy name!

Poetic Peter 01-06-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bub. (Post 28708)
lol.

OK, it's my turn.

La nana."

Literal, babelfish translation:

"Which is the preferred fruit of the man? The chick."

Now let's correct it and see if it becomes funny:

"What is a guy's favorite fruit? The chick!"

:pirate: idioms do not translate :pirate:

Let me make it funny(er), OK?

"What is a fruit's favorite guy? The cock!"

get it?

Do you know that "fruit" is slang for "homer"?
Do you know that a chick is female and a cock is not?
Do you know that Jesus hates you very much today?
Do you know you do not know?
Do you? Do you?

:D :D :D

Q: What is the fruit's favorite place for chicken?

A: The Cock Inn.

Bub. 01-06-2007 08:44 PM

What is funny in this joke is not the word "chick". I knew you would translate it like this, "la nana".

In fact, thats a play on words, a pun:
la nana = the chick
l'ananas : the ananas

The favorite fruit of men = the ananas

You did not understand because you are not frenchspeaker.
I did not understand you were kidding because I am not englishpeaker. Excuse me.

Quote:

get it?
Yes, I'm more subtle than that, even in English!

shaunasaurus 01-07-2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 28477)
Son,

We True Christians™ care NOT to hear about your skin flute playing abilities.

Get the HENCE!

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showt...hristian+Music

With Love, Sister Thumper

Excuse me.
i'm not a "Son", i have a vagina which i insert the very conveinient "SATAN FINGERS" (or what us NORMAL americans call TAMPONS) into everytime i'm on my monthly bleeding period. Therefore i'm a woman. :thumbsup:

Sorry but i DO NOT beleive i have a "skin flute" considering what you meant to say with that name.

And REAL clarinets arn't made with skin, they're made with wood or plastic. And they arn't flutes, they are CLARINETS. Get it right. There is a real big difference. :wacko:

Pastor Al E Pistle 01-07-2007 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunasaurus (Post 28806)
Excuse me.
i'm not a "Son", i have a vagina which i insert the very conveinient "SATAN FINGERS" (or what us NORMAL americans call TAMPONS) into everytime i'm on my monthly bleeding period. Therefore i'm a woman. :thumbsup:

Sorry but i DO NOT beleive i have a "skin flute" considering what you meant to say with that name.

And REAL clarinets arn't made with skin, they're made with wood or plastic. And they arn't flutes, they are CLARINETS. Get it right. There is a real big difference. :wacko:

You are a FEMALE?!?!?!? Named Shaun? Pull the other one.

shaunasaurus 01-07-2007 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Al E Pistle (Post 28807)
You are a FEMALE?!?!?!? Named Shaun? Pull the other one.

Correction, my name is Shauna. Notice the A, please. :P

Pastor Al E Pistle 01-07-2007 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunasaurus (Post 28815)
Correction, my name is Shauna. Notice the A, please. :P

Don't be parading your "A" in this GODLY FORUM! Have some decency!

shaunasaurus 01-07-2007 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Al E Pistle (Post 28818)
Don't be parading your "A" in this GODLY FORUM! Have some decency!

It's a simple LETTER in my name i was pointing out. The "A" in my name makes the difference between being a boy or girl, and i'm a girl, which is why i have an "A" at the end of my name.

Uhm...duh?

Pastor Ezekiel 01-07-2007 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunasaurus (Post 28838)
Uhm...duh?

Well, now we are certain that you are a female. Your intellectual abilities are those of a guppy.

Do you have a man's permission to be in this forum discussing Jesus? Your father or your husband?

1 Corinthians 14:34-36
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Now run and fetch me a cold beer, girl. Chopchop!:angry:

mollychu 01-07-2007 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 28844)
Well, now we are certain that you are a female. Your intellectual abilities are those of a guppy.

Do you have a man's permission to be in this forum discussing Jesus? Your father or your husband?

1 Corinthians 14:34-36
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Now run and fetch me a cold beer, girl. Chopchop!:angry:

leave shauna alone.:angry: she doesnt care about your bible verses. and i dont think she really wants you to talk about how "dumb" she is.

shes smarter than most of you people here.