The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   People afraid of a prune shortage but….. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=119181)

Uncle Rutherford 08-11-2021 02:28 PM

People afraid of a prune shortage but…..

I cannot find a single verse about prunes in The KJV Bible. Those complaining about a prune shortage and worries over staying “regular” should be turnin’ to prayer! Not prunes!!!! To the women in the congregation who shall remain nameless, stop discussing your “body issues” in the church lobby. Absolutely disgusting.

Johny Joe Hold 08-11-2021 10:33 PM

Re: People afraid of a prune shortage but…..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rutherford (Post 1287886)
I cannot find a single verse about prunes in The KJV Bible. Those complaining about a prune shortage and worries over staying “regular” should be turnin’ to prayer! Not prunes!!!! To the women in the congregation who shall remain nameless, stop discussing your “body issues” in the church lobby. Absolutely disgusting.

Prunes no. Figs, there is an important message in the Bible. Jesus smote a fig tree, killed it on the spot. I refuse to eat figs because they made Jesus so angry(Mark 11:13). :nono:

handmaiden 08-11-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1287916)
Prunes no. Figs, there is an important message in the Bible. Jesus smote a fig tree, killed it on the spot. I refuse to eat figs because they made Jesus so angry(Mark 11:13). :nono:

Figs are disgusting. Inside each fig is a bunch of dead wasps.

And wasps are mean. . . The animal kind, that is. W.A.S.P.s--the people kind--aren't mean; they are resolute. Compromise in the face of sin and liberalism and miscegenation is weakness and a sin in itself.

WWJDnow 08-14-2021 06:21 PM

I haven't seen a prune around Landover in a while.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-14-2021 08:22 PM

Honestly, Brothers and Sisters, I despair of these people! Have they absolutely no initiative? As Marie Antoinette almost certainly didn't say: if the people have no prunes, let them eat plums.

MitzaLizalor 08-15-2021 05:05 AM

MOLASSES: A WARNING

Often in times of shortage alternatives are suggested. The figs, the dates, how often has a sticky date pudding been suggested as a dessert with freshly grated ginger and a smothering of cream or ice-cream? Or both? Quite popular and with good reason BUT BE WARNED during a prune shortage alternative recipes using novel ingredients will be popping up everywhere. Whether called black treacle, blackstrap molasses, just plain old molasses, these are VETERINARY products often stored in unhygienic conditions or imported from places where "hygiene" isn't even a word. And often made from alternative sources such as pomegranates. Now what exactly you have to do to a pomegranate to turn it into bitter treacle defies imagination but this imported muck originates where God is mocked at every opportunity and I haven't forgotten that His priests wore pomegranates on their uniform that would rattle to show he was still alive in The Holy Of Holies. If they stopped rattling, the people would know God had smitten him due to falling short in some way and that their sacrifice and/or prayers had been rejected.

Pecan pie or walnut tarts are a suitable alternative not requiring alien products from lands of wailing, warbling and waving around of hands.

WWJDnow 08-16-2021 07:39 AM

Amen. Molasses is a tool of the Devil.