The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pray that Franklin Graham Brings no Gifts for Haitians (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=57594)

Johny Joe Hold 01-12-2011 02:11 PM

Pray that Franklin Graham Brings no Gifts for Haitians

http://www.christianpost.com/article...ds-your-grief/

Franklin Graham is preaching in Haiti today. He says Haitian homeless, hungry and dysentery-infected people should bring Jesus into their hearts. If they do, He will forgive them for their sins.

I like preachers like that who do not come with gifts, housing and medical supplies. Let's pray the Graham does not change and become like those do-nothing-do-gooders.

Oakland "Reb" Griner 01-12-2011 03:06 PM

Re: Pray that Franklin Graham Brings no Gifts for Haitians

I am not sure how Graham's ecumenical pap is going to help anyone in Haiti.

And do we know if he is passing out false Bibles?

Johny Joe Hold 01-13-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakland "Reb" Griner (Post 673323)
I am not sure how Graham's ecumenical pap is going to help anyone in Haiti.

And do we know if he is passing out false Bibles?

The only thing is that someone, even if they have questionable Christian credentials as does My. Graham, needs to point out to Haitians that sex hopping from tent to tent is sin, plain and simple.

What we do not need are more preachers going down their with their little housing and medical programs and ignoring the sin that is right under their noses.

Oakland "Reb" Griner 01-13-2011 04:04 AM

That's a tall order to so fundamentally change the Haitian negroidal life style . . .

Maybe Haiti could be divided up administratively with various successful (compared to Haiti, of course) governments overseeing the respective zones. I am thinking France, Holland, Britain, Spain, Portugal, and the US. Any zone(s) doing particularly better than the others would be allowed to increase the size of their administrative area. Let Adam Smith and the force of Godly free market capitalism clean up that stink hole!

Brother Enoch 01-13-2011 04:08 AM

Haitians really pi** me off.

"Oh, we need food! Oh, we need shelter! Send us doctors so our kids don't die! Rebuild our country because we couldn't build it right in the first place!"

Are they serious? They're lounging around in tents, living the good life, expecting the rest of us to build them homes and send food to them. Why aren't they out there building their own homes? And planting their own crops to feed themselves?

Are foreigners coming over to America to build our homes because we have none? To plant our crops because we can't feed ourselves? Hell, no!

Seriously, is Haiti the laziest nation on Earth?

Oakland "Reb" Griner 01-13-2011 04:23 AM

Maybe a mine could be dug, and a railroad built to the port, and the Haitians could be put to work digging and lugging the minerals?

Seems like if some big multi-national concerns could make a buck or two there, we might get some fundamental attitude shifting going amongst the locals. Having all these nigs and jigs slacking around shifless all day is just reinforcing some negative stereotypes!

It looks like a warm sunny climate, maybe a watermelon farm would spark some interest?

Oakland "Reb" Griner 01-13-2011 04:27 AM

How about a chicken ranch?

Cotton Plantation?

Or maybe a little factory to make curb feelers? Pink fedoras? Big thick white coats? Nasal chicken bones? Lip plates? K, L, and M sized bras?

Seems like the possibilities for making some serious coinage exists!

Johny Joe Hold 01-13-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakland "Reb" Griner (Post 673680)
How about a chicken ranch?

Cotton Plantation?

Or maybe a little factory to make curb feelers? Pink fedoras? Big thick white coats? Nasal chicken bones? Lip plates? K, L, and M sized bras?

Seems like the possibilities for making some serious coinage exists!

I'm opptimistic that just after we see Haitians come to Jesus in large numbers, we'll see sweat shops open all over the island and things will get better.

Right now, God is holding them back because of sin.

TC Patriot 01-14-2011 06:10 PM

I don't even think our own Pastor Deacon Fred could bring these Voodoo oogie boogies to Jesus. I think we should be praying for another earthquake but that may be too merciful. Jesus is giving these heathens a chance to know him. They will probably reject him.

I have long advocated military action. A few days of saturation bombing and then we take over and unite Haiti with the more Godly Dominican Republic. Godly Rush Limbaugh vacations there.

Johny Joe Hold 08-18-2021 04:17 AM

I would expect Franklin Graham's plane to land in Haiti shortly. The thing I like about Graham is he comes there after earthquakes to preach against sin, not to haul in relief supplies. He helps people by telling them of their sins and challenging them to get to work.

After the earthquake ten years ago, lots of Haitians were sleeping outdoors. Without locks on doors and both men and women out there under the stars you can imagine the sin that took place. Graham did not let them get away with that--gave rousing sermons condemning sin.

Let's pray Franklin arrives soon to condemn sinners.

WWJDnow 08-18-2021 05:07 PM

The Haitians need to repent of the deal they cut with the Devil to escape from slavery. The Bible tells us that slaves should serve their masters:

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ... Ephesians 6:5

But the Haitians were not content with the perfect life as slaves that God bestowed upon them. So they made a pact with Satan to get free. Now God is punishing them with poverty and starvation and earthquakes and diseases and death.

Until the Haitians turn away from their sinful lives and return to bondage under their French slave masters, they will continue to live in squalor.

handmaiden 08-18-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1288269)
The Haitians need to repent of the deal they cut with the Devil to escape from slavery. The Bible tells us that slaves should serve their masters:

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ... Ephesians 6:5

But the Haitians were not content with the perfect life as slaves that God bestowed upon them. So they made a pact with Satan to get free. Now God is punishing them with poverty and starvation and earthquakes and diseases and death.

Until the Haitians turn away from their sinful lives and return to bondage under their French slave masters, they will continue to live in squalor.

It really is sad how few people understand the value of slavery and the role that it plays in salvation.

Johny Joe Hold 08-19-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1288276)
It really is sad how few people understand the value of slavery and the role that it plays in salvation.

Brother Pat was right on target when he spoke of the demons that infest Haiti. It is the responsibility of Haitians to rid the island of those demons. Our pastors could help, but if Haitians themselves don't care why bother. Good luck to Franklin in his efforts to rid them of sin. I pessimistic on Haitians getting rid of demons.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 08-19-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1288373)
It is the responsibility of Haitians to rid the island of those demons. Our pastors could help, but if Haitians themselves don't care why bother. Good luck to Franklin in his efforts to rid them of sin. I pessimistic on Haitians getting rid of demons.

Brother Mayor, I hear the heavy burden of leadership weighing on your soul. I can suggest physical remedies for temporary relief, but long term what Haiti really needs is fresh young men filled with the Holy Spirit to go over there and get down to the serious business of saving every soul one at a time. Or two on occasion.

Look at Pastor Zeke, for example. After all those years as a missionary in Japan he still has an insatiable appetite for the orientals, it's unnatural.

Johny Joe Hold 08-19-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1288382)
Brother Mayor, I hear the heavy burden of leadership weighing on your soul. I can suggest physical remedies for temporary relief, but long term what Haiti really needs is fresh young men filled with the Holy Spirit to go over there and get down to the serious business of saving every soul one at a time. Or two on occasion.
Look at Pastor Zeke, for example. After all those years as a missionary in Japan he still has an insatiable appetite for the orientals, it's unnatural.

When we send our Pastors overseas to save souls there are always busy bodies whispering about what really takes place. Pastor Zeke saves the souls of young men and women, period. Pictures prove the most beautiful of them is most appreciative of his message. Personally, I think there are young people in Haiti who await Pastor Zeke:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...cropped%29.jpg

James Hutchins 08-19-2021 11:18 PM

Once again, those heathens are looking for hard working decent people to give them new beach front homes.
I asked Miss Cookie wo give me a list of all the people from that Godless country that have provided any support for LBC. Not-a-single-one.
Take, take, take. No giving. God sends messages to people. Seems to me that haters are going to hate, hate. hate. Where is their compassion for those struggling Pastors living a meager existence on what small stipend afforded them.

Did you ever wonder why disasters seem to continually befall them? Not me.

Dennis Lukes 08-20-2021 02:09 AM

Earthquakes are always striking sin-heavy zones that thumb their noses at God and the Bible. California, Haiti, Japan. Those coons just violated Romans 13:1 by gunning down their HNIC, so maybe that was why God shook them up. They haven't let up their rampant voodoo, fornication, coonery, thuggery, and laziness one bit since Jesus smashed the hell out of the place a decade ago. They literally share a small island with the Dominican Republic, but it's always Haiti that God pinpoints for His seismic wrath.

Johny Joe Hold 08-22-2021 07:11 PM

There was a wonderful news release today from Franklin Graham. While the rest of the evangelical community is hand wringing about Haiti and Afghanistan, Franklin is seizing an opportunity. No one else to doing nightly evangelical events so he has it all to himself.

Franklin and his bus entourage will be moving down Old Route 66. They will have nightly revival meetings in cities along the way. He will start where Route 66 starts in Chicago. Look for him coming to your city--you will hear about sin.

Graham Launches Route 66 God Loves You Tour - Christian Newswire

MitzaLizalor 08-23-2021 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1288269)

Ephesians is always encouraging for me. In verse five, a comparison is drawn with Christ highlighting what "Godfearing" means. It does involve respect, yes, and a willingness to follow His commandments but also to be frightened. It's not some special "magic" sort of fear having an esoteric meaning only senior clergymen would understand. The abject servant is very obviously frightened, even to the point of trembling before its owner in the flesh. God made sure the language was unambiguous because it's being used as a model for our understanding of Christ.

And God is consistent. This is not just Paul being unreasonable, as critics represent him; recently I've been reading Peter's epistles which were written to a much broader audience than Ephesians. In the first letter, Peter identifies strangers† living in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, quite a big area; his second letter is addressed to them that have obtained faith‡ through the righteousness of God and Jesus Christ, again a very broad category. Like Paul, Peter also mentions the slave status.
I Peter 2:18-20 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
It's sometimes claimed the reference to "servants" is not actually about slaves but employed staff, such as a butler or a cook. That is a frivolous claim however because whether an employee or a slave, the work environment is sufficiently arduous to frighten the individual and induce trembling (which is quite an advanced stage) or in Peter's case, one where buffeting is appropriate for mistakes——spilling the soup, say——and moreover suffering inflicted when the wretched servant has done well. Whether a paid chef, a well-remunerated majordomo or a bought-and-paid-for slave makes zero difference. It's the master's birthday. You've made a cake he loves, perhaps buying the ingredients out of your own pocket, and he is so pleased. "[Name of servant] that is one fine cake," he says. Everyone gets a slice and they all enjoy it. That's called doing well. But what would please God? The fact that everyone was happy? Or for the master to inflict suffering as a reward for the cake, a wicked beating right there in front of everyone, utter humiliation.

This is spelled out just so we'd know what was being referred to: being frightened, trembling all over, wrongful punishment or deserved buffeting, unjust suffering inflicted for doing well, that's what's acceptable to God. So often when fake churches make up a different Gospel I worry that in doing so they're making themselves unacceptable to God and depriving their congregations of His Perfect Love.

I Peter 1:1-2
II Peter 1:1

Dennis Lukes 08-24-2021 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1288580)
Franklin and his bus entourage will be moving down Old Route 66. They will have nightly revival meetings in cities along the way. He will start where Route 66 starts in Chicago. Look for him coming to your city--you will hear about sin.

Must be a real Fire-'n'-Brimstone hellfire revival if he's going down Route 666 and starting in Chicago, the spawning ground of Hillary "Satanist Bulldyke Bitch" Clinton. I always hated that bipartisan cuck Billy Graham (currently getting raped up the ass by demons in Hell) going around giving Christianity a bad name and misrepresenting Jesus and the Holy Bible with his putrid fluffy bunny self help gospel. Kudos to Franklin Graham for actually spreading what the Bible actually says about faggots, non-Christians (such as Democrats and Muslims), and other worthless disgusting vermin, hated by God.