The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I am allowed to hear Jonny Cash? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=49697)

TitusVI 09-06-2010 03:03 PM

I am allowed to hear Jonny Cash?

Im not sure, do god allow me to hear Jonny Cash. How do you TrueChristians Think about Jonny Cash? All i know is that he was a christian.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 09-06-2010 03:08 PM

Re: I am allowed to hear Jonny Cash?

Who?

I'm sorry, I'd like to help but Google doesn't seem to be turning up anyone by that name. Is he a hymn singer? Does his music cause you to spell "God" with a lower case "g"?

James Dewitt 09-06-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitusVI (Post 594267)
Im not sure, do god allow me to hear Jonny Cash. How do you TrueChristians Think about Jonny Cash? All i know is that he was a christian.

Wasn't he the guy that wrote a song about a transvestite?

What was the name of that song, Oh yea I remember " A boy named Sue". I don't thing Jesus approves of his music.

TitusVI 09-06-2010 04:16 PM

Sister Mary Maria,

first i read your Post about Iron man, and i m now working on a letter which i send to the präsident of germany ( i know its not that much but better then do nothing!)

Second the guy called Jonny Cash i found his song on youtube

I checked the lyriks and it seem ok, nothing against what God says

Pastor Ezekiel 09-06-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitusVI (Post 594267)

You can "hear" anything I suppose.

What you listen to is another matter. :rtfm:

Quote:

1 Chronicles 14:14 Therefore David enquired again of God; and God said unto him, Go not up after them; turn away from them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.
14:15 And it shall be, when thou shalt hear a sound of going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt go out to battle: for God is gone forth before thee to smite the host of the Philistines.
14:16 David therefore did as God commanded him: and they smote the host of the Philistines from Gibeon even to Gazer.
14:17 And the fame of David went out into all lands; and the LORD brought the fear of him upon all nations.

Be like David. He listened to the mulberry trees. :thumbsup:

TitusVI 09-06-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Dewitt (Post 594282)

What was the name of that song, Oh yea I remember " A boy named Sue". I don't thing Jesus approves of his music.

What :o If that is true i was close to hear blasphemous music:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 594286)
You can "hear" anything I suppose.

What you listen to is another matter. :rtfm:

As the music industry is apparently controlled by the evil, i must admit that hearing no music is the safe side.
Why do we not defend ourselves against the evil which pushes us back?:angry:

Jo Freddie 09-06-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 594286)

Did he hug them?

Jo Freddie 09-06-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Dewitt (Post 594282)

And just where does cross dressing come into this song?

Your ignorance is showing Jimmy.

TitusVI 09-06-2010 04:41 PM

@ Hurt video:

It looks like he have a son:). And his dinner table is full of meat looks like god has blessed him with good food:cowboy:

TitusVI 09-06-2010 04:47 PM

James Dewitt @ a man named sue song:

It looks like the father had a weak son and he was not proud of him. So he gave him the name Sue and because of that the son grow up to a good christian because he defend himself against the sodomites.

Jo Freddie 09-06-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitusVI (Post 594301)
James Dewitt @ a man named sue song:

It looks like the father had a weak son and he was not proud of him. So he gave him the name Sue and because of that the son grow up to a good christian because he defend himself against the sodomites.

Looks more like the Son had a weak father who tried to do one thing to help him grow up strong before he bailed.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 09-06-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitusVI (Post 594284)
Second the guy called Jonny Cash i found his song on youtube

Oh, you mean JoHnny Cash! :lol:

No. Rock and roll is the devil's music. :angry:

Billy Bob Jenkins 09-06-2010 07:20 PM

Hearing Johnny Cash is forgivable, but listening to Johnny Cash is something altogether different. I once took my late ex-wife into town because she had done an exceptional job baking and cleaning one afternoon. While in town we visited a mall where I was going to allow her to move amongst contemporary people for a little while, when I heard some Johnny Cash playing in the parking lot. I'm sure that Ethel heard it as well. I did not throw her down on the asphalt and start kicking her until I heard her singing along.

HTannor 09-07-2010 01:42 PM

This Cash person was pure evil. I actually heard him say the words, "I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die."

A self-confessed murderer is NOT the sort of role model I want to have.