The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Oblivion: Video Game Promoting WITCHCRAFT, SATANISM, & POLYTHEISM (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=24063)

Rev. Jim Osborne 06-18-2009 07:15 AM

Oblivion: Video Game Promoting WITCHCRAFT, SATANISM, & POLYTHEISM

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ,

It has come to my attention that the Satanic Cults which plague this country are using video games yet again as a tool to recruit young, impressionable children into their world of sin and rebellion against Our One True Lord Jesus Christ. I visited my niece in Los Angeles the other day, and she is the type of false Christian that thinks you can pick and choose what you want from the Bible like it's the Salad Bar at Sizzler. It turns out her teenage son is playing a game on his computer called Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

After watching him play this game for an hour, I was appalled, no, downright shocked at what the content of this game provides. Here is a little summary of what I witnessed with very eyes...
  • It is a "Role-Playing Game" for the computer, very similar to the well-known Satanic Dungeons & Dragons.
  • You can pick various "races" for your character, including several demonic looking characters called "elves". With their pointed ears and eerie non-human appearances, it allows children to pretend they are a demon themselves.
  • The game is chockful of blasphemous magic and witchcraft. The player is able to perform a variety of spells such as hurling fire from one's hands, turning oneself invisible, forcing others' against their will to obey and listen to the character, and conjuring up demons from Hell to fight for the player. In fact, magic and witchcraft are a major part of the game and it's difficult to play the game without resorting to these Satanic means.
  • The game makes no mention of God or Jesus Christ, instead it pushes a mythology of "Nine gods". You can go to heretical chapels and actually pray to these gods in this game and they heal you!
  • There is a realm called "Oblivion" which is definitely just Hell with a different name. You are required to go through this Hell environment during the game.
  • Thieving and stealing are promoted in the game. You are allowed to pickpocket other people and steal possessions. One questline of the game actually REWARDS the player for this sinful behavior!
  • You can do quests for these demons called "Daedra". By doing these quests, these demons reward you. This tells our children that by serving demons they will get rewarded.
  • Alcohol in the form of beer, wine, and brandy is available to the player and can be drunk.
  • This game promotes astrology. Upon creating a character, you are forced to choose a "birthsign". More occult ideas pushed upon the impressionable player.
  • There are vampires in the game and a few of them are portrayed as "good guys".
This is just what I gathered watching my grandnephew play this game, and there's no telling what more is embedded in this despicable video game. Personally, I've seen enough! There is so much witchcraft, magic, satanism, polytheism, and blasphemy in this game, it could easily turn a good Christian child away from God. We all know the effects of video games.

It is well-understood that playing that demon-worshipping game "Doom" caused those two kids, Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris to do the Columbine shootings. Yet, a game like Doom only had a handful what Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion offers. What kind of unimaginable crimes will come out of impressionable teenagers playing this game? Or, even there is no violent effects from it, how many children will be led away from Jesus Christ and accept Satanism as their religion?

This video game needs to be taken off the shelves of every store right now. It is harmful and a cancer on society. Every parent out there reading this needs to call up their local store which sells this vile Satanic propoganda tool and demand this "game" be banned. You owe it to yourself as a Christian, and most importantly....you owe it to your child.

Thank you and God Bless,

Yours in Christ,
Rev. Jim Osborne

PS - Enclosed is a screen shot of this Satanic game.

lord warrior 06-18-2009 04:36 PM

Re: Oblivion: Video Game Promoting WITCHCRAFT, SATANISM, & POLYTH

You are correct Rev Jim. I myself, when I was in my sinful state, have played this game. The amount of violence and alcohol in this game is astounding. You can be a magic user. Conjuring up demons to fight for you. It is also popular for males to play female characters. That way they can seduce other male characters. Takes demon worship to a new level.

Wash O'Hanley 06-19-2009 09:55 PM

Hopefully in our lifetimes we will see more legislation to keep Super Nintendo games like these off the streets where young and impressionable 30-somethings living in their parents' basements cannot get their hands on them.

Rev. Jim Osborne 06-19-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lord warrior (Post 343667)
You are correct Rev Jim. I myself, when I was in my sinful state, have played this game. The amount of violence and alcohol in this game is astounding. You can be a magic user. Conjuring up demons to fight for you. It is also popular for males to play female characters. That way they can seduce other male characters. Takes demon worship to a new level.

That is something I forgot! A male player can roleplay as a female, and vice versa. If this isn't an opportunity to live out transsexual fantasies, I don't know what is. You can also run around the game half-naked. Men wearing nothing but a loincloth, and women wearing a revealing set of bra and panties. There is also prostitution and sexual innuendo in the game. This game is for deranged moral perverts, no doubt.

John Magee 06-19-2009 10:32 PM

Rev. Jim, did you make your feelings known? Surely your niece is a wholseome woman and would not approve of such a game were she to know what it's about?

stripeydani 06-20-2009 02:48 AM

I took this game off my younger brother! I refuse to let him be corrupted by something so disgusting while he is still so young and innocent!

Games like these are a curse!

Pastor Ezekiel 06-20-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripeydani (Post 344898)
I took this game off my younger brother! I refuse to let him be corrupted by something so disgusting while he is still so young and innocent!

Games like these are a curse!

Good girl! Now go find a hammer in your father's toolbox and smash that demonic game to bits! Your brother's eternal soul hangs in the balance!! :o

stripeydani 06-20-2009 03:10 AM

Dont worry Pastor I threw it right in the bin and took out the trash within an hour! He certainly wont be playing anything like that again!

Rev. Jim Osborne 06-20-2009 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Magee (Post 344692)
Rev. Jim, did you make your feelings known? Surely your niece is a wholseome woman and would not approve of such a game were she to know what it's about?

You know, I tried but that Godless little vagrant (sorry, Lord) just can't see eye-to-eye with me. She professes to be a Christian, but she goes to one of those "feel good" churches near the Coast. I mean, they read the NIV, that's how heretical they are!

EDIT: I should mention, it looks like a subliminal message to me, but in the picture I closed, do you see the flaming ring of fire? Those are called Oblivion Gates which are pathways to Hell. Just looking at that imagery of the ring makes me think of, well I don't want to be too graphic for this is a Christian message board, but put "flaming" and put "hole" together, and you will see what kind of agenda this is. Clearly, the homosexual lifestyle is a gateway to Hell, but unlike in this game, you can't come back from there once you go!

John Magee 06-20-2009 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 344983)
You know, I tried but that Godless little vagrant (sorry, Lord) just can't see eye-to-eye with me. She professes to be a Christian, but she goes to one of those "feel good" churches near the Coast. I mean, they read the NIV, that's how heretical they are!

EDIT: I should mention, it looks like a subliminal message to me, but in the picture I closed, do you see the flaming ring of fire? Those are called Oblivion Gates which are pathways to Hell. Just looking at that imagery of the ring makes me think of, well I don't want to be too graphic for this is a Christian message board, but put "flaming" and put "hole" together, and you will see what kind of agenda this is. Clearly, the homosexual lifestyle is a gateway to Hell, but unlike in this game, you can't come back from there once you go!

Well you did your best and that's all that can be asked of you. In time she will realise that her and her son will burn in hellfire.

Bob4God 06-21-2009 01:50 AM

How can people still say there is no devil! It's so obvious that he is the creative force behind such atrocities! I bet you get extra points for murdering Christians!

I'm scared to think about where the younger generation is headed, what with the drugs and satanic, violent video games and TV shows.

GOD come quickly!

Fustrum 06-27-2009 04:38 AM

That's why it's a videogame.

The elves don't look like demons, they look like short people with different ears. You know who else thought that anyone who looked different should be put to death? Hitler. You're all a bunch of nazis.

And magic is just a method of explaining a core game element. As a game designer, randomly being able to do such things without reasonable explanation makes the game significantly less fun, as it's much harder to feel like you're actually in the game world.

Games like this don't promote worshipping satan. My Christian fiance is playing it right now, killing vampires with magic, and she much disapproves of me saying how much I hate religion.

You can steal, and while you do get rewarded for it, it's actually for a good cause. You're often tasked with stealing from the corrupt and/or rich and giving it to the desperate poor. The fact that the users of this forum don't do that is honestly kind of shocking. On top of that, if you get caught stealing, you got to jail and have to wait until you're released, which also means you lose many of your hard earned skills. And as icing on the cake, stealing and such gives you negative karma, which means people will be more watchful of you, and will be straight up snotty.

If anything, this game promotes listening to God, otherwise Satan will come straight up from hell and start kicking some ass.

Please, for Christ's sake, PLEASE kill yourselves.

Ebaums King!!!!!! 06-27-2009 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 344983)

So, I'm guessing all flaming circles stand for Homosexuality?

Rev. Jim Osborne 06-27-2009 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fustrum (Post 349522)
That's why it's a videogame.

The elves don't look like demons, they look like short people with different ears. You know who else thought that anyone who looked different should be put to death? Hitler. You're all a bunch of nazis.

This doesn't look demonic to you? I think the picture speaks for itself! Red eyes, pointed ears, demonic face, hellfire in the background, and speaking words of death and self-importance!

http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/c6..._Aerandir2.jpg

Quote:

And magic is just a method of explaining a core game element. As a game designer, randomly being able to do such things without reasonable explanation makes the game significantly less fun, as it's much harder to feel like you're actually in the game world.
Okay so why couldn't the designers explain the element with the Power of Jesus Christ? No, they resort to witchcraft and Satanism to explain it. Of course, the question is WHY the game designers felt it was necessary to be able to shoot flames from your hands, control others' minds, absorb people's health (like a vampire), electrocute masses of people and other forms of black magic?

Quote:

Games like this don't promote worshipping satan. My Christian fiance is playing it right now, killing vampires with magic, and she much disapproves of me saying how much I hate religion.
If your fiancee was Christian, then she wouldn't be playing the game. The Bible makes it abundantly clear throughout that Christians should seperate themselves for non-Christian people and influences.

Quote:

Leviticus 10:10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;

Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

1st Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
Quote:

You can steal, and while you do get rewarded for it, it's actually for a good cause. You're often tasked with stealing from the corrupt and/or rich and giving it to the desperate poor. The fact that the users of this forum don't do that is honestly kind of shocking. On top of that, if you get caught stealing, you got to jail and have to wait until you're released, which also means you lose many of your hard earned skills. And as icing on the cake, stealing and such gives you negative karma, which means people will be more watchful of you, and will be straight up snotty.
How does two wrongs make a right? Stealing for a Good Cause? What of the Ten Commandments: "Thou shalt not steal"? No, that is just simply whitewashing a crime. Of course you and I know the Thieves' Guild isn't the worse in the game...Explain to me the "Dark Brotherhood". They are Satan worshippers (in the game Satan is referred to as "Sithis") and they involve themselves with dark occult activities like praying to the Night Mother and assassinating people in cold blood. Those quests give you reward for engaging in such unspeakable acts. What do you have to say in its defense?

Quote:

If anything, this game promotes listening to God, otherwise Satan will come straight up from hell and start kicking some ass.

Please, for Christ's sake, PLEASE kill yourselves.
God is nowhere mentioned in the game. There is however, polytheism in the form of the Nine Divines. So we can establish the game allows worship of false polytheistic gods, demons in the form of daedra, and Satan in the form of Sithis, but there is no reference to Jesus Christ the True Lord and Savior in this game!

Rev. Jim Osborne 06-27-2009 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebaums King!!!!!! (Post 349535)
So, I'm guessing all flaming circles stand for Homosexuality?

Specifically for an unmentional part of the body that homosexuals love to indulge themselves in.

Ebaums King!!!!!! 06-27-2009 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 349536)
This doesn't look demonic to you? I think the picture speaks for itself! Red eyes, pointed ears, demonic face, hellfire in the background, and speaking words of death and self-importance!

http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/c6..._Aerandir2.jpg

Okay so why couldn't the designers explain the element with the Power of Jesus Christ? No, they resort to witchcraft and Satanism to explain it. Of course, the question is WHY the game designers felt it was necessary to be able to shoot flames from your hands, control others' minds, absorb people's health (like a vampire), electrocute masses of people and other forms of black magic?

If your fiancee was Christian, then she wouldn't be playing the game. The Bible makes it abundantly clear throughout that Christians should seperate themselves for non-Christian people and influences.

How does two wrongs make a right? Stealing for a Good Cause? What of the Ten Commandments: "Thou shalt not steal"? No, that is just simply whitewashing a crime. Of course you and I know the Thieves' Guild isn't the worse in the game...Explain to me the "Dark Brotherhood". They are Satan worshippers (in the game Satan is referred to as "Sithis") and they involve themselves with dark occult activities like praying to the Night Mother and assassinating people in cold blood. Those quests give you reward for engaging in such unspeakable acts. What do you have to say in its defense?

God is nowhere mentioned in the game. There is however, polytheism in the form of the Nine Divines. So we can establish the game allows worship of false polytheistic gods, demons in the form of daedra, and Satan in the form of Sithis, but there is no reference to Jesus Christ the True Lord and Savior in this game!

It's a video game that should be taken WITH A GRAIN OF SALT! NO ONE REALLY BELIEVES IN MAGIC AND WITCHCRAFT! (except maybe some crazies)

Ebaums King!!!!!! 06-27-2009 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 349539)
Specifically for an unmentional part of the body that homosexuals love to indulge themselves in.

so if i was driving a motorcycle through a flaming ring you would call me gay because you would be one of the only ones who would ever think of that?

Rev. Jim Osborne 06-27-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebaums King!!!!!! (Post 349542)
It's a video game that should be taken WITH A GRAIN OF SALT! NO ONE REALLY BELIEVES IN MAGIC AND WITCHCRAFT! (except maybe some crazies)

This is what truly worries me. People like you play the video game and feel there is nothing wrong with it. But, deep down inside their soul, they are straying from God without even knowing it. Before then, it's too late and they are out worshipping Satan by candlelight and doing school shootings.

We all know that playing that Satanic video game "Doom" caused Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris to partake in the horrendous Columbine shootings. And it's been proven that the Virginia Tech shooter had an addiction to Counter-Strike. So, we are talking very real practical effects from playing these video games. I really hate to see what unspeakable crimes will be committed by rabid Oblivion players.

This game needs to be banned and taken off store shelves immediately.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 06-27-2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebaums King!!!!!! (Post 349542)
INO ONE REALLY BELIEVES IN MAGIC AND WITCHCRAFT!

Then explain why J.K. Rowling wrote a series of manuals with the sole purpose of turning children away from Jesus and toward witchcraft.

Case closed.

Ebaums King!!!!!! 06-27-2009 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 349546)
This is what truly worries me. People like you play the video game and feel there is nothing wrong with it. But, deep down inside their soul, they are straying from God without even knowing it. Before then, it's too late and they are out worshipping Satan by candlelight and doing school shootings.

We all know that playing that Satanic video game "Doom" caused Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris to partake in the horrendous Columbine shootings. And it's been proven that the Virginia Tech shooter had an addiction to Counter-Strike. So, we are talking very real practical effects from playing these video games. I really hate to see what unspeakable crimes will be committed by rabid Oblivion players.

This game needs to be banned and taken off store shelves immediately.

So they liked playing shooting games, Doom and Oblivion are a little strange for my tastes, but wolfenstein is a great game, I play video games (mostly shooting) all the time and I would never kill anyone just for the hell of it or whatever their reasons were, I believe in God, and I don't think that video games make me love god any less. Some people do take video games too seriously, but like I said, a grain of salt, and for some people its a great stress reliever. (sorry if i begin to not make sense, its one thiry in the mornin and im startin to fade to sleep.