The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Do Landover Ladies Wear Hair Color? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117216)

BrotherLarry 01-05-2020 06:31 AM

Do Landover Ladies Wear Hair Color?

I was listening to Dr. Laura on Sirius radio. One of her sponsors is Madison Reed, a female owned business selling hair dyes named after the owner’s daughter.

I wonder if True Christian ™ women use such products or if they feel it is deceitful and gives the appearance of evil Jesus warned His children to abstain from.

It is hard for me to imagine you having time in between homeschooling and other duties for this kind of vanity but I would love to hear your perspective (like, is Féria better than L’Oreal). As a man, I have more important things to worry about but perhaps it will give you gals something to cluck endlessly over.

Isabella White 01-06-2020 02:47 AM

Re: Do Landover Ladies Wear Hair Color?

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1262944)
I was listening to Dr. Laura on Sirius radio. One of her sponsors is Madison Reed, a female owned business selling hair dyes named after the owner’s daughter.

I wonder if True Christian ™ women use such products or if they feel it is deceitful and gives the appearance of evil Jesus warned His children to abstain from.

It is hard for me to imagine you having time in between homeschooling and other duties for this kind of vanity but I would love to hear your perspective (like, is Féria better than L’Oreal). As a man, I have more important things to worry about but perhaps it will give you gals something to cluck endlessly over.

Oh, my -- you are such an inquisitive young man, dear Brother Larry! And I think that that's one of your more endearing qualities: your desire to learn, in whatever way possible. Well, now, let's see; do I, or do I not color my hair? You know the old saying, "only my hairdresser knows for sure!" And, I must admit that I have never heard of those names that you've mentioned, so I'm quite happy to reveal that I do not use any hair coloring potion on my locks. You see, Dear, I was raised in a strict Pentecostal Holiness home, and makeup and hair coloring (or anything to do with worldly fashion) is frowned upon, so the thought has never entered my mind.

I will say, though, that I was not quite ready for the appearance of the silver needles amongst the golden threads, but I just look at it as a sign of growing closer to the :lord-fancy:. And, as a :true-fancy: lady, I've always felt that I would be going against the Glory of :god-fancy: if I were to color my hair.

Proverbs 31:30 "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised."

Now, that does not mean that I stand in judgment of what other :true-fancy: women do, or do not do. Heavens, it is none of my business if some wish to cut their hair, color it, perm it, straighten it, weave it, braid it, shave it, wig it, etc., as that is between the individual and the :lord-fancy:. But, I do feel that this blessed verse from the :kjv1611: says what is important for me:

Joshua 24:15 "And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

And as you will see in the attached photo of when I was a much younger woman, I have always kept my hair uncut; again to glorify the :lord-fancy:, and as a testimony unto :him-fancy:.

A blessed evening to you, Darling Great-Grandbaby Brother Larry,
Lovingly, Granny Isabella

AntiToxic 04-12-2020 01:58 AM

I am naturally blonde but I have had my hair dyed black and a deep brown. Personally, I will not do it again as the color fades within a month and requires a lot of touch ups.

Of course, I received permission from my father when I was younger and from my husband after I was married. They allowed me. To them it made no difference "Blue dress or purple dress, what's the difference" type of situation. It's just color (as long as it's natural) otherwise you do look a little whore-ish.

Basilissa 04-12-2020 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiToxic (Post 1267346)
It's just color (as long as it's natural)

You either color your hair or keep it the natural color, dear. :confused:

MitzaLizalor 04-12-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiToxic (Post 1267346)
I have had my hair dyed black and a deep brown … permission from my father

Black and brown are not the same. Neither of them sidestep God's standard for hair. If you have something suggesting otherwise now would be the time to post it.