The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Promise Enforcers - Men Only! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Places other than Chik Fil A for good chicken? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117720)

Uncle Rutherford 06-24-2020 11:38 PM

Places other than Chik Fil A for good chicken?

I was wondering if Landover Baptist Church can recommend any good places for fried chicken around the country. I know Chik Fil A is God’s gift to the stomach but I want to see if there are other places that can match up. Please refrain from recommending Church’s or KFC. I’ll have you know I have ACTUAL taste buds that differ from other Nigras. And Popeye’s only managed to make me angry after learning they want to push a gay agenda. No thank you.

Basilissa 06-25-2020 04:09 AM

Re: Places other than Chik Fil A for good chicken?

I admit I've never been to a chicken-serving eatery. (Do they call these places "restaurants?" I don't think they should).

Nonetheless, there are various recipes for fried chicken. Maybe the easiest is chicharrón de pollo which hails from ungodly South America. (Most of these people are hellbound Catholics, but they surely know how to cook!).

Ingredients:
1 chicken
A few cloves of garlic (there's no such thing as "too much garlic")
Freshly squeezed lemon juice from one lemon (lime works, too)
1/4 cup oil (+ more for frying)
salt and pepper to taste

Recipe:
1. Cut chicken in pieces about 1 inch long.
2. Marinade for one hour in a mixture of oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper (mix well).
3. Fry in oil until golden.

Can be served with any carbohydrate of your liking: fries, rice, quinoa, you name it.

Would you be interested to learn a recipe for a mouth-melting hot peanut sauce? It's very easy and it goes perfectly with the chicken. :drool:

Uncle Rutherford 06-25-2020 11:04 AM

I appreciate you recommending a recipe. As a man who can only grill and lost his wife recently, cooking isn’t really an option for me. And what the hell is quinoa? Now, if you we’re willing to cook this for me, I would graciously eat it up and in turn hold a barbecue with wagyu steak as a show of appreciation. Pro tip, you can find wagyu beef cheap if you travel down to New Orleans in Louisiana. It’s a godless city for sure, but a great place to get steak.

Basilissa 06-25-2020 02:58 PM

You're welcome, dear. Instead of giving you a stinking fish, I taught you how to fish for fresh fish. :) (Like I said, I've never been to one of these establishments that sell deep fried chicken only. One does not need to be a cook in order to dump breaded chicken into hot oil, which makes me think these places don't hire actual cooks, just desperate teenagers who never wash their hands).

:fish_h4h:

Anyhow. If you are interested in simple recipes designed especially for single men, here is my Simple Hunting Recipes thread. Hint: if you are not a great hunter, I suppose you could use that recipe (there's only one to keep things simple) for road kill. :thumbsup:

Basilissa 06-28-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DominiqueDomgaard (Post 1270137)
Before I was imprisoned held at guard here at Lars homestead, I loved going to Farmer Jiří Pok for some fresh chicken. He'd personally behead the chicken

What a wuss! :thumbdown: Normal people don't "behead" chickens. It's the same as with guinea pigs, you pick them by the head and legs, and stretch until the neck breaks.

Uncle Rutherford 06-29-2020 12:49 AM

Basilissa, I tried your recipe out and I have to admit it’s a lot of work. I really need to find a wife NOW to do my cooking for me. That aside, I followed your recipe and it turned out to be delicious. Now. I have more important things to do but once I find a wife I will throw this recipe at her and demand she cook it every Sunday. Thank you, you have taught me how to fish for myself and I greatly appreciate your kind wisdom.

Basilissa 07-03-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rutherford (Post 1270169)
Basilissa, I tried your recipe out and I have to admit it’s a lot of work. I really need to find a wife NOW to do my cooking for me. That aside, I followed your recipe and it turned out to be delicious. Now. I have more important things to do but once I find a wife I will throw this recipe at her and demand she cook it every Sunday. Thank you, you have taught me how to fish for myself and I greatly appreciate your kind wisdom.

It is easier if you buy just an adequate amount of chicken breasts rather than a whole chicken. Chicken breast is easier to cut in cubes.

I wish you the best in your wife finding efforts.