The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lego – The Building Block of Satan! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=27290)

Elite Combine 08-10-2009 08:54 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 380401)
Praising Jesus and doing His Work is NOT a waste of time.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Chill out for a second there, my good man. Read my post again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Combine (Post 380373)
7,800 posts on a forum.

Yup, the time you've spent on this forum is probably more than the time I've spent with "nerd" business.

Did I say it was a waste of time? Nope.

What's with you Christians and false accusations? You guys seem to do this a LOT.

Nobar King 08-10-2009 08:57 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Combine (Post 380403)
Did I say it was a waste of time?

You're wasting your life playing videogames and living in a fantasy world. Other people are out working and meeting people.

Elite Combine 08-10-2009 09:11 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 380404)
You're wasting your life playing videogames and living in a fantasy world. Other people are out working and meeting people.

Right. Because I play a little bit of video games on my free time it must mean I spend my whole day on them, and never go outside.

I honestly don't see why you should complain though. You have over 13,000 posts. That's 650 hours, that's IF you post every 180 seconds, so it's not counting all the post reading and what not. That's probably a multiple of the time I've spent on video games my enter life. Satan is obviously guiding you to spend all your time on a forum because you might do some good when you're off your computer chair.

Jenni111 08-10-2009 09:22 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Combine (Post 380409)
Satan is obviously guiding you to spend all your time on a forum because you might do some good when you're off your computer chair.

...you have a point there

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-10-2009 10:14 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Combine (Post 380409)
Satan is obviously guiding you to spend all your time on a forum because you might do some good when you're off your computer chair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenni111 (Post 380413)
...you have a point there

Both of you are completely wrong. We all come on here to have fellowship with our fellow Christian, discuss the Bible, and praise God. How is that Satanically inspired? Can you show us where we are wrong in the Bible?

Book, chapter, verse, please.

Jenni111 08-10-2009 10:18 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 380442)
Both of you are completely wrong. We all come on here to have fellowship with our fellow Christian, discuss the Bible, and praise God. How is that Satanically inspired? Can you show us where we are wrong in the Bible?

Book, chapter, verse, please.


Sorry Reverend, I didn't mean that. I was just agreeing because there are other things I could be doing, maybe "doing some good" instead of discussing on a forum.

James Hutchins 08-10-2009 10:21 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenni111 (Post 380448)
Sorry Reverend, I didn't mean that. I was just agreeing because there are other things I could be doing, maybe "doing some good" instead of discussing on a forum.

Nothing good can ever be done without discussion first.

Elite Combine 08-10-2009 10:30 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 380442)
Both of you are completely wrong. We all come on here to have fellowship with our fellow Christian, discuss the Bible, and praise God. How is that Satanically inspired? Can you show us where we are wrong in the Bible?

Book, chapter, verse, please.

How is this related to the bible? I was merely arguing over the fact that in the time he has spent on this forum, he could've been doing something better with his life.

Like say... Ending it. No use for it anyway. Might get him to "heaven" faster too.

Christians, professional word twisters.

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-10-2009 10:41 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Combine (Post 380464)
How is this related to the bible? I was merely arguing over the fact that in the time he has spent on this forum, he could've been doing something better with his life.

Better with his life? Like what? What could possibly be better than fellowship, Bible study, and praising Jesus?

Quote:

Like say... Ending it. No use for it anyway. Might get him to "heaven" faster too.
We don't need any more smart-alecky comments from you like that. Nobar is a True Christian™ and assured a place in Heaven. You on the other hand, if you keep down the road you're on, will go straight to Hell.

Quote:

Christians, professional word twisters.
Show us where we've twisted the Bible, please.

Civil Protection 08-10-2009 10:58 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 380484)
Show us where we've twisted the Bible, please.

I don't think he means you twisted something in the Bible, but rather something in his or other peoples' words (of which I'm sure all 'true christians' have done multiple times). Don't forget there, Elite, these guys can make perfectly normal pictures of any kind at all look like some sort of satanic worshipping promotion poster.

See also: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=14865 That.

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-10-2009 11:10 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Civil Protection (Post 380492)
I don't think he means you twisted something in the Bible, but rather something in his or other peoples' words (of which I'm sure all 'true christians' have done multiple times). Don't forget there, Elite, these guys can make perfectly normal pictures of any kind at all look like some sort of satanic worshipping promotion poster.

See also: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=14865 That.

I don't see your point. We all know the Mario games are ripe with homosexual innuendo and we advise all True Christian™ parents to not let their children play those games. Brother Jeb's article is well-written and researched. Although if you want to debate the homosexuality of Mario this is not the thread to do it in.

Elite Combine 08-10-2009 11:27 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 380484)
Better with his life? Like what? What could possibly be better than fellowship, Bible study, and praising Jesus?

Lol'd.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 380484)
We don't need any more smart-alecky comments from you like that. Nobar is a True Christian™ and assured a place in Heaven. You on the other hand, if you keep down the road you're on, will go straight to Hell.

Lol'd


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 380484)
Show us where we've twisted the Bible, please.

Lol'd. A perfect example right there. I was talking about twisting MY words, and then you twist my words asking me where in the Bible were the words twisted.

Oh god. Wow. This is too hilarious.

Jenni111 08-10-2009 11:37 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Combine (Post 380499)


Lol'd. A perfect example right there. I was talking about twisting MY words, and then you twist my words asking me where in the Bible were the words twisted.

Oh god. Wow. This is too hilarious.


"Christians, professional word twisters."

Is that not what you had posted?

James Hutchins 08-10-2009 11:40 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
...And he's b-b-b-b-b-banned. No surprise there, saw that coming 18 posts ago.

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-10-2009 11:43 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenni111 (Post 380503)
"Christians, professional word twisters."

Is that not what you had posted?

See, my dear Jenni, this is the type of persecution we Christians face daily here. We just come to talk to each other about Jesus and study the Bible, and these hateful godmockers like to come here and make trouble for us. The hypocrisy is that he accused us of being word twisters when he himself was the word twister. Never a day goes by at Landover without brain-dead trolls like this bothering us.

olebole 08-11-2009 08:37 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel_Pierce (Post 378514)
Lego – The Building Block of Satan!

When I asked my 4 year old cousin what he wanted for his birthday, 'Lego' was his reply. Naturally, I had to check-out first whether this toy was safe for Christian children.

Turns out this Satanic toy actually comes from Denmark (See the God Hates Denmark Thread), and was invented by the very same Danish pervert who brought us the sick sexual 'Masturbation Simulaton' toy for kids - The Yo-Yo!!

Then I found out that the word 'Lego' is actually the abbreviation between two words - 'Le' and 'God', meaning 'THE God'. Did the creator of these Satanic toys intend them to be worshipped by children? It certainly appears that way.



I dont know who told you how the lego got its name but it is wrong. LEGO is a contractions of two Danish words LEG and GODT which means PLAY and GOOD/WELL and have nothing to do with God as God in Danish is GUD

Mad Prophet Helmholtz 08-11-2009 08:52 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by olebole (Post 380697)

I dont know who told you how the lego got its name but it is wrong. LEGO is a contractions of two Danish words LEG and GODT which means PLAY and GOOD/WELL and have nothing to do with God as God in Danish is GUD

Why would "Lego" come from Danish words when Danish is not a major world language? French and English, on the other hand, are truly international languages. Lego Corporation is savvy to business and world politics and would never name their product after the obscure Danish language.

"Le" - French for "The"

"Go" - Contraction of English for "God"

It makes more sense because if you combine the French and English you get LeGod, but if you use Danish you get LegGodt. The first one sounds more like "Lego".

olebole 08-11-2009 09:01 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
because it was invented by a dane that did not speak frence or english

olebole 08-11-2009 09:06 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
futhermore it means "I put together" or "I assemble" in latin

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-11-2009 09:07 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by olebole (Post 380700)
because it was invented by a dane that did not speak frence or english

I find that hard to believe. How could you live in Europe and not speak French or English? Those languages are required to graduate high school!

olebole 08-11-2009 09:14 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
in denmark very few speak frence, it is nor required to learn at any level. Furthermore, the inventer was a carpenter and he inventet lego in the 1930's. How many carpenters in the 30's spoke several languages.

ironboy 08-11-2009 10:46 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Sorry guys, but it makes sense that the company form Denmark...who started out small, selling Lego's to Danish people, would use a name that was abbreviated from the Danish language. Also, yes, the pics were altered, modeled, or set up, to look offensive, the author of this thread knew that, and I suspect most of you who posted here know that...why you persist in this mind numbing lunacy is beyond me.

James Hutchins 08-11-2009 11:28 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman (Post 380713)
Sorry guys, but it makes sense that the company form Denmark...who started out small, selling Lego's to Danish people, would use a name that was abbreviated from the Danish language. Also, yes, the pics were altered, modeled, or set up, to look offensive, the author of this thread knew that, and I suspect most of you who posted here know that...why you persist in this mind numbing lunacy is beyond me.

You are wrong. :angry:

People do not waste their time making stuff like this up for no good reason. :nonono: You know perfectly well it is all part of a marketing plan to increase market share by the indecent L**o company.:o

olebole 08-11-2009 11:40 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Why would a christian carpenter give his toy a name that would misuse the Lords good name?

And how do you know that it is part of a masterplan?

James Hutchins 08-11-2009 11:50 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by olebole (Post 380719)
Why would a christian carpenter give his toy a name that would misuse the Lords good name?

Because he hates Christianity.

Quote:

And how do you know that it is part of a masterplan?
Why else would they do this? :hmmm: I see the same marketing scheme done all the time. :rtfm: Some are blatant like this L**o crappola, some very sneaky like what Sub*ru did to turn their wagon into the lezbomobile. The only people who fail to see this are those with low IQ's. :gaa: Those people are the doubters.;)

olebole 08-11-2009 11:55 AM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 380722)
Because he he hates Christianity.


Why else would they do this? :hmmm:


Like I wrote earlier its a contraction of two danish words PLAY and GOOD/WELL (LEG and GODT) and has nothing to do with either english or frence.

James Hutchins 08-11-2009 12:00 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
[QUOTE=olebole;380723]
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 380722)
Because he he hates Christianity.


Why else would they do this? :hmmm:


Like I wrote earlier its a contraction of two danish words PLAY and GOOD/WELL (LEG and GODT) and has nothing to do with either english or frence.

Are you really that stupid or are you trolling? I'll say it again (as if this has not been said already a dozen times) It is to pervert our children!:angry:

And you are wrong on the translation. Still

I take it you work for that company in the marketing department, right?:thumbdown:

olebole 08-11-2009 12:05 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
No I don't work for any company that has anything to do with Lego.


Lego might or might not corrupt our chrildren but regarding the translation, I'm right and after I have seen some other danish/english translation made in here (like in this thread: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showt...t=10491&page=2)

I will pray for you and that you will find a good translater that you trust so you will see it.

ironboy 08-11-2009 12:11 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 380722)
Because he hates Christianity.


Why else would they do this? :hmmm: I see the same marketing scheme done all the time. :rtfm: Some are blatant like this L**o crappola, some very sneaky like what Sub*ru did to turn their wagon into the lezbomobile. The only people who fail to see this are those with low IQ's. :gaa: Those people are the doubters.;)

Ah yes, the typical response, you get backed into a corner so you start insulting people. It speaks volumes about your character, and your Christianity, God loves everybody, you should too.
No, The people who modeled the "slut" Lego were obviously somebody out to get a laugh from a few of their buddies, same with the person who set up the "gay" Lego scene...OH hey! Same with the person who made the Satan helmet...can anybody show me a single Lego set with ANY of those aformentioned "obscenities?"
so, you believe that the only true Bible is the KJV right? You do know that the other versions of the Bible are still the Bible right? They are just different versions (perhaps not so correct versions). Kinda like what the pictures were showing, different versions of Legos (not so "correct" versions). So according to your logic, the Bible is evil and should be burned, melted, and never given to children because the other versions are an "abomination" and are nothing more than a marketing ploy by the world to wean people off the KJV of the Bible.

James Hutchins 08-11-2009 12:11 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by olebole (Post 380728)
No I don't work for any company that has anything to do with Lego.


Lego might or might not corrupt our chrildren but regarding the translation, I'm right and after I have seen some other danish/english translation made in here (like in this thread: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showt...t=10491&page=2)

I will pray for you and that you will find a good translater that you trust so you will see it.

Our translators are Harvard trained, not some 'nephew' who is a sheep herder. :thumbsup:

ironboy 08-11-2009 12:24 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 380731)
Our translators are Harvard trained, not some 'nephew' who is a sheep herder. :thumbsup:

Yeah...that doesn't say a whole lot about Harvard then...since a guy FROM Finland, which happens to be right next to Denmark, is schooling them at translations...perhaps you would be better off with some guy's "nephew' who is a sheep herder." :D

olebole 08-11-2009 12:26 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
I'm sory if I gave you the idea that the translation I posted was from a nephew. I was trying to quote Ezekiel Bathfire but it didn't work. My translation is not 100% gramatical correct in case of the tv program but it does come a lot closer than the original posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (and his nepnew).

Unfortunatly in the case og Lego the translation is not so easy to prove as it is a contraction (which we both agree on).

What we don't agree on is if it is from frence and english (as you suggest) or two danish words.

Some the question remain; did the carpenter in from a rural area of Denmark in the early 1930's think of a name made up by a contraction of a frence and english word to distribute his evil toy all around the world or did he make a contration of two danish words for his wood bricks...

James Hutchins 08-11-2009 01:09 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman (Post 380730)
Ah yes, the typical response, you get backed into a corner so you start insulting people. It speaks volumes about your character, and your Christianity, God loves everybody, you should too.
No, The people who modeled the "slut" Lego were obviously somebody out to get a laugh from a few of their buddies, same with the person who set up the "gay" Lego scene...OH hey! Same with the person who made the Satan helmet...can anybody show me a single Lego set with ANY of those aformentioned "obscenities?"
so, you believe that the only true Bible is the KJV right? You do know that the other versions of the Bible are still the Bible right? They are just different versions (perhaps not so correct versions). Kinda like what the pictures were showing, different versions of Legos (not so "correct" versions). So according to your logic, the Bible is evil and should be burned, melted, and never given to children because the other versions are an "abomination" and are nothing more than a marketing ploy by the world to wean people off the KJV of the Bible.

I insulted no one, I merely made an observation. I am sorry if it hit too close to home. :crying:

olebole 08-11-2009 01:22 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Well you did say I have a low IQ, so I wonder... If its was an observation then how did you reach the conclusion? What was the different factors?

James Hutchins 08-11-2009 01:34 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman (Post 380734)
Yeah...that doesn't say a whole lot about Harvard then...since a guy FROM Finland, which happens to be right next to Denmark, is schooling them at translations...perhaps you would be better off with some guy's "nephew' who is a sheep herder." :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by olebole (Post 380771)
Well you did say I have a low IQ, so I wonder... If its was an observation then how did you reach the conclusion? What was the different factors?

See your above quote. My dogs use better logic. Sorry. I mean, "since a guy FROM Finland, which happens to be right next to Denmark, is schooling them " I really ought to step back and bow at the man that lives next door. Oooooo that is impressive.

olebole 08-11-2009 01:44 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Well the first post you are talking about is not mine (I'm not ironman)

James Hutchins 08-11-2009 01:48 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by olebole (Post 380786)
Well the first post you are talking about is not mine (I'm not ironman)

I apologize for that error. When a solitary fellow has it coming from every direction, he can get confused as to which attack came from which heathen.

olebole 08-11-2009 02:09 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
no problem, I understand

Rachel_Pierce 08-11-2009 09:50 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironboy (Post 380713)
Also, yes, the pics were altered, modeled, or set up, to look offensive, the author of this thread knew that, and I suspect most of you who posted here know that...why you persist in this mind numbing lunacy is beyond me.

Excuse me ??????? If you check my original post, you will find that all pictures are linked back to real lego websites. None of the pictures were uploaded by me, nor did I alter, set-up or tamper with them in any way.

So are you trying to say that the toy company Lego do not produce anything Satanic and offensive to Christians, and dangerous to children? Because if you are, take a look at these -

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4250450-Harry-Hungarian-Horntail/dp/B0007PHOV6

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4250449-G...ref=pd_sbs_t_1

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Harry-Pot...ref=pd_sim_t_5

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-F...0026854&sr=8-5

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Harry-Pot...0026854&sr=8-4



http://www.sylvanlaneshoppe.com/legos_quidditch.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image.../legoharry.jpg

Are you trying to deny that Lego have a huge Harry Potter range, which they are using to indoctrinate young children into witchcraft?

Quote:

Originally Posted by olebole (Post 380735)
Some the question remain; did the carpenter in from a rural area of Denmark in the early 1930's think of a name made up by a contraction of a frence and english word to distribute his evil toy all around the world or did he make a contration of two danish words for his wood bricks... How many carpenters in the 30's spoke several languages.

Well jesus was a carpenter who lived over 2000 years ago, and he could speak and understand millions of languages, what’s your point? That the inventor of lego was retarded, or that all Danish people are retarded? Is that what you're saying?

Jenni111 08-11-2009 09:57 PM

Re: Lego – The Building Block of Satan!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel_Pierce (Post 380976)
Excuse me ??????? If you check my original post, you will find that all pictures are linked back to real lego websites.

Actually,
If you right click the image and click "copy image location", then paste it into the address of your browser, they are not linked from the Lego website. Rather, they are from many different random websites.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:31 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2022 all rights reserved