The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The 1776 Commission (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=118481)

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 01-22-2021 04:55 PM

The 1776 Commission

The long-awaited 1776 Commission that was ordered by the Trump administration became available today. I haven't had time to read all of it but initial impressions are good.

From just a quick skim, I have learned that the founding principles of the United States were based on opposition to "fascism", "slavery" and "progressivism". I always felt that was true and now I have the solid evidence published in a US govt report to smack down libs.

And wouldn't you know it... on day 1 of his illegitimate presidency:
Quote:

And Mr. Biden canceled Mr. Trump’s 1776 Commission, which released a report on Monday that historians said distorted the history of slavery in the United States.

Johny Joe Hold 01-22-2021 07:40 PM

Re: The 1776 Commission

Isn't it just like Democrats to take something objective and neutral and make it into something political. Government publications like those of the 1776 Commission need to be supported by more funds and wider distribution.

WWJDnow 01-23-2021 01:19 AM

Slavery is a perfect example of unfettered free market capitalism. How could anyone be against that? Especially when the Bible tells us that slavery is good.

Bobotsang888 06-29-2021 05:46 AM

I am confused about this and cant understand why you wanna bring back slavery Jesus and God hate slavery and condemned it You cant judge it says so in the bible and it is wrong to judge gay people or black people you should not judge anyone See you in hell

Phil Ander 06-29-2021 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobotsang888 (Post 1286337)
I am confused about this and cant understand why you wanna bring back slavery Jesus and God hate slavery and condemned it.

Biblical reference for that please

Phil

Ezekiel Bathfire 06-29-2021 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I am confused about this and cant understand why you wanna bring back slavery Jesus and God hate slavery and condemned it You cant judge it says so in the bible and it is wrong to judge gay people or black people you should not judge anyone See you in hell

• Abraham, the “father of faith,” and all the patriarchs held slaves without God’s disapproval (Gen. 21:9–10).
• Canaan, Ham’s son, was made a slave to his brothers (Gen. 9:24–27).
• The Ten Commandments mention slavery twice, showing God’s implicit acceptance of it (Ex. 20:10, 17).
• Slavery was widespread throughout the Roman world, and yet Jesus never spoke against it.
• The apostle Paul specifically commanded slaves to obey their masters (Eph. 6:5–8).
• Paul returned a runaway slave, Philemon, to his master (Philem. 12).

1st Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1st Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?.

Johny Joe Hold 06-29-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Liberals don't like to use the Bible for reference because they want to get away without being judged. Do they have no moral values of any kind? Do they think we cannot see through their little game?

handmaiden 06-29-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Thank you, my Brothers in Christ, and particularly our esteemed Brother Bathfire, for directing this foolish young man's reasoning back to the Bible.

If one were to proceed to any searchable Biblical database and type in "God hates" one would find an impressive list that does not include slavery. Not one breath of disapproval for this time-honored institution is noted throughout the many instructions that The Lord wrote down for His people can be found in the Old Testament.

And Jesus, who was sent down to us to be God's direct spokesperson, didn't lift a finger to free anybody from slavery. He endured horrific suffering and temporary death to free us from Sin, but not from slavery. This alone should clarify that slavery is not considered sinful.

It is always amusing to read some poster inform us not to judge others and them condemn us to Hell, but this poster's run-on, non-punctuated stream of denouncements requires special judgment for his writing offences alone.