The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kathy Miller (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115714)

SandwichMaker1500 01-10-2019 12:42 PM

Kathy Miller

Hello my fellow Christians, my name is Kathy Miller and I've been with the church for 8 years now. During my childhood, I was raised by a bunch of abominations, aka JEWS. But one day, as I was driving, I lost consciousness at the wheel but somehow, miraculously, the people I hit did not die. At that moment, I realized that Jesus was, infact, our Savior.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11:jesus:

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 01-10-2019 12:48 PM

Re: Kathy Miller

Hello and an extremely cautious welcome to our forums.

Tell us, what church do you go to? And why does the link you provide lead to some peculiar "modern" version of the Bible, rather than to the KJV(1611)?
Quote:

Originally Posted by SandwichMaker1500 (Post 1244231)
1 Corinthians 6:9-11:jesus:
"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Here is the correct link: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

James Hutchins 01-10-2019 01:32 PM

Welcome Mrs. Miller. How many sons has God seen fit to express from your fertile loins?
Tell us all about your husband! What Church does he attend? How has Jesus carried him over the barriers of life?

Cranky Old Man 01-10-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

I realized that Jesus was, infact, our Savior

I am glad to hear that and welcome to God's favorite forum!

Do you have your husband's permission to be here?

Dennis Lukes 01-10-2019 01:50 PM

Hello Kathy. How did you come to be raised by hook-nosed goblins? Did they seize you as collateral when your parents defaulted on a loan?

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 01-10-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

During my childhood, I was raised by a bunch of abominations

I have a bit of a pet peeve about people who misuse this word:
The Biblical words usually translated as "abomination" do not always convey the same sense of moral exceptionalism as the English term does today, as it often may signify that which is forbidden or unclean according to the religion (especially sheqets). Linguistically in this case, it may be closer in meaning to the Polynesian term taboo or tapu, signifying that which is forbidden, and should not be eaten, and or not touched, and which sometimes was a capital crime.
Whereas what the Bible says about Jews:
The Jews are culpable for crucifying Jesus - as such they are guilty of deicide.

The tribulations of the Jewish people throughout history constitute God's punishment of them for killing Jesus.

Jesus originally came to preach only to the Jews, but when they rejected him, he abandoned them for gentiles instead.

The Children of Israel were God's original chosen people by virtue of an ancient covenant, but by rejecting Jesus they forfeited their chosenness - and now, by virtue of a New Covenant (or "testament"), Christians have replaced the Jews as God's chosen people, the Church having become the "People of God."

The Jewish Bible (the so-called "Old Testament") repeatedly portrays the opaqueness and stubbornness of the Jewish people and their disloyalty to God.

The Jewish Bible contains many predictions of the coming of Jesus as the Messiah (or "Christ"), yet the Jews are blind to the meaning of their own Bible.

By the time of Jesus' ministry, Judaism had ceased to be a living faith.

Judaism's essence is a restrictive and burdensome legalism...

Judaism's oppressiveness reflects the disposition of Jesus' opponents called "Pharisees" (predecessors of the "rabbis"), who in their teachings and behavior were hypocrites (see Woes of the Pharisees).

SandwichMaker1500 01-10-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1244232)
Hello and an extremely cautious welcome to our forums.

Tell us, what church do you go to? And why does the link you provide lead to some peculiar "modern" version of the Bible, rather than to the KJV(1611)?

Here is the correct link: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Oh my bad! I would never mean to misquote or alter the bible I'm just not very good with this internet stuff yet... I'll make sure to use your link in the future! Thank you!

SandwichMaker1500 01-10-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1244239)
I have a bit of a pet peeve about people who misuse this word:
The Biblical words usually translated as "abomination" do not always convey the same sense of moral exceptionalism as the English term does today, as it often may signify that which is forbidden or unclean according to the religion (especially sheqets). Linguistically in this case, it may be closer in meaning to the Polynesian term taboo or tapu, signifying that which is forbidden, and should not be eaten, and or not touched, and which sometimes was a capital crime.
Whereas what the Bible says about Jews:
The Jews are culpable for crucifying Jesus - as such they are guilty of deicide.

The tribulations of the Jewish people throughout history constitute God's punishment of them for killing Jesus.

Jesus originally came to preach only to the Jews, but when they rejected him, he abandoned them for gentiles instead.

The Children of Israel were God's original chosen people by virtue of an ancient covenant, but by rejecting Jesus they forfeited their chosenness - and now, by virtue of a New Covenant (or "testament"), Christians have replaced the Jews as God's chosen people, the Church having become the "People of God."

The Jewish Bible (the so-called "Old Testament") repeatedly portrays the opaqueness and stubbornness of the Jewish people and their disloyalty to God.

The Jewish Bible contains many predictions of the coming of Jesus as the Messiah (or "Christ"), yet the Jews are blind to the meaning of their own Bible.

By the time of Jesus' ministry, Judaism had ceased to be a living faith.

Judaism's essence is a restrictive and burdensome legalism...

Judaism's oppressiveness reflects the disposition of Jesus' opponents called "Pharisees" (predecessors of the "rabbis"), who in their teachings and behavior were hypocrites (see Woes of the Pharisees).

I will make sure to be more careful about my word choice in the future. There are so many chores to do with 3 kids that I forget my vocabulary once in a while. Thank you for the knowledge:D

SandwichMaker1500 01-10-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1244238)
Hello Kathy. How did you come to be raised by hook-nosed goblins? Did they seize you as collateral when your parents defaulted on a loan?

God tests us in mysterious ways but I'm sure it was all part of the plan :)

SandwichMaker1500 01-10-2019 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1244237)
I am glad to hear that and welcome to God's favorite forum!

Do you have your husband's permission to be here?

Of course I would never create an internet account without my Husband's permission! A woman's role is to serve and obey in accordance with god:innocent:.

Basilissa 01-10-2019 06:53 PM

Well, hello and :welcome-flowers: to our friendly forum, dear! How many sons do you have, and do they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety (1 Timothy 2:`5)?

Dennis Lukes 01-10-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandwichMaker1500 (Post 1244255)
Of course I would never create an internet account without my Husband's permission! A woman's role is to serve and obey in accordance with god:innocent:.

God will not be mocked! Read Galatians 6:7. Only a heathen would spit in His face by refusing to capitalize His name! You clearly don't set much store by obeying God, which makes you a liar as well (Exodus 20:16). Enjoy Hell, sinner.

Faith_Machine 01-14-2019 10:20 AM

Hi Karen! I am very pleased to meet you!

Oh, I'm sorry, it was Kathy, wasn't it?

Say, why don't you upload a nice profile picture?

It's so much easier for me to remember who's who when I can put a face to a name.

Yes.

Yes indeedy.

Jim C. Lombardo 01-14-2019 03:13 PM

Brother_Faith, I don't care a lick about this ..whoever (unless yes, a PP is appreciated always. :) )

Brother, may I ask how much I could pay you, as a machine of faith, to shake me up some good stuff? :p

Faith_Machine 01-14-2019 04:13 PM

Jim, I'm not sure what you're asking, but whatever it is, I would certainly try to provide it for free.

This isn't about drugs, is it?

MitzaLizalor 01-14-2019 07:02 PM

Hello .:). and welcome to Landover.

Paul wrote to Timothy because certain people were obsessing over The Law to such an extent that they were jangling. And of course when janglers pretend to be teachers, the stuff they teach is valueless because they don't understand.
I Timothy 1:5-6 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling.
Full context is available here: [SIZE%=95]https://biblia.com/books/av1873/1Ti1.1[/SIZE] and Basilissa has raised a point concerning Salvation. Is childbearing alone sufficient (in conjunction with faith, charity, holiness & sobriety) or is it necessary for the progeny to remain faithful, charitable, holy and sober too? Imaging having, say, 8 sons one of whom became an idolator or got embroiled in a cult? Jehovah's witnesses, mormons, 7th day adventists, they're out there looking for converts to fund their lifestyle choices but as with all false teaching the outcome is always the same.
HELL
Having escaped from the cauldron of one cult it's important to remain vigilant because the others (of which there are many) will be eager to get you into theirs.

In Christ.

Jim C. Lombardo 01-15-2019 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith_Machine (Post 1244450)
Jim, I'm not sure what you're asking, but whatever it is, I would certainly try to provide it for free.

This isn't about drugs, is it?

No sir. Brother, I've been off the kooch for years now. :thumbsup:

The way I see it, Brother_Faith, when it comes to the delightful church members whom I've had no pleasure yet to meet in flesh, I sit up at night picturing how they must be. I envision you as an actual machine; like a beaten down, yet well-oiled slot machine. Many men seeking Truth come unto you to squeeze down on your proverbial lever in hopes to be showered in a steady golden trinkle of God's Grace! :) That's how I see it, and mean it.

James Hutchins 01-15-2019 01:24 PM

Nary peep about her Husband or how she serves The Lord.