The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Godly Politics (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Who can be impeached? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117301)

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 02-05-2020 08:52 PM

Who can be impeached?

This is a question for the Brethren of Landover, as it's not the sort of thing that we Ladies understand. What I want to know is: can Mitt Romney be impeached?

Unless his claim to be about to vote for the impeachment of our beloved President is pure attention-seeking, Romney is certainly about to make himself quite openly Guilty of Treason while in office. But can mere senators be impeached? One could argue that it doesn't seem worth the effort, but there is much to be said for firing a warning shot across the bowels of such traitors.

YiC
JL-V

Johny Joe Hold 02-06-2020 03:52 AM

Re: Who can be impeached?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1264074)
What I want to know is: can Mitt Romney be impeached?

YiC
JL-V

I don't know the answer to that, Sister Joanna, but it is worth investigating. He certainly can be expunged from the rolls of the Republican Party.

Senator Romney is, of course, a Mormon. This allows him the commit acts that we True Christians™ call sins. Apparently, Mormons do not have definition of sin.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 02-06-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1264091)
I don't know the answer to that, Sister Joanna, but it is worth investigating. He certainly can be expunged from the rolls of the Republican Party.

Well, that at least is something to look forward to.

There has been some idle chatter among the Mormons about Senator Romney thinking he was fulfilling their curious White Horse Prophecy, a piece of nonsense invented by madman Joseph Smith in 1843. The idea is that when the constitution is in danger, it will be saved by the Mormons or, in this case, just one Mormon - step forward Mitt Romney!

There are some basic problems with this analysis. First, the constitution is in no danger. Indeed, under the firm, manly, Godly stewardship of President Trump, it has never been more secure! And there was never any question of the Senate causing a crisis by voting against the President. :thumbsup: But let us suppose for a moment that it had been in peril. What exactly might Senator Romney's act have achieved? What difference could it possibly make?

No, the White Horse Prophecy is just the Mormon equivalent of Joanna Southcott's box, which turned out to contain a horse pistol, a dice box, a lottery ticket and a night cap.

WilliamJenningsBryan 02-07-2020 08:15 AM

Everyone is pissed at Romney. The legislature in Romney's home state of Utah has introduced bill HB0217 that amends the Election Code to provide for the recall of a United States senator. We are keeping an eye on this.

To answer the question, there is a process by which a Senator can be removed from office. The Democrats at the moment are in love with Romney, so there is little hope that there are enough votes to expel him.

Quote:

Article I, Section 5, of the United States Constitution provides that "Each House (of Congress) may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."
Few people realize that the Mormons were so insufferable that they became the first religion to be expelled from our Godly country - Utah at the time was part of Mexico. I wish we could do the same today with the mooselimbs, but there will always be some kind of whiney LIEberal that will say "that's not who we are". Yes it is - the Democrats are just as intolerant to those they deem "intolerant".

Mitt has been a looser for some time (he couldn't even beat Obama), and must be worried that he might not get his own planet (not to mention that magic underwear isn't working out either). It occurred to me that we might look into one of those "Go Fund Me" pages to buy him an Elon Musk rocket to send him to the planet of his choice.