The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Secular History Textbooks: A LIEberal Assault on America (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=2041)

H. Montague Worthington 02-06-2007 11:42 PM

Secular History Textbooks: A LIEberal Assault on America

I was talking to my 12-year old granddaughter Ashley on the phone last night, and she said something hideously shocking. She said that America lost the Vietnam War. Well, I asked her where she got that kind of insane idea, and she said it was in her history textbook!

Everybody knows that America didn't lose the Vietnam war, we won! We killed 50 men women and children for every one of our Godly and Heroic Men that didn't make it-- and that was with the liberals, activist judges, the LIEberal media, Hollywood, John Kerry, the UN, and the hippies teaming up to sabotage our efforts!

In light of this, I believe that it is essential that every True Christian ™ man, woman and child begin now to repeat the same mantra to ensure that when the history books are written about Our Glorious and Absolutely 100% Justified War Against the Imminent Terrorist Threat of Iraq, that the story is reported correctly.

1. Iraqi madman Saddam bin Laden attacked us on September 11, 2003.
2. In early 2004, we invaded Iraq because they were threatening us with their massive stockples of Weapons of Mass Distruction Related Program blueprints that might have been used at some time in the distant future.
3. They started it, and there was nothing we could do.
6. The UN urged us to go into Iraq to rescue their weapons inspectors that were being held hostage by Iraqi madman Osama Hussein.
5. The media and the Democrats made the President remove all armor from our vehicles, cut our troop strength in half, and give out no bid contracts to people and corporations that had no relationship to the President or Vice President WHATSOEVER.
6. The President wanted set timetables for withdrawl, but the Demoncrats wouldn't let him, because they wanted to stay the course.
7. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Homosexual Bathhouse) drew up all the plans.

I remember it all vividly.

Bobby-Joe 02-07-2007 12:12 AM

Re: Secular History Textbooks: A LIEberal Assault on America

Brother Montague; yet again you show a Godly grasp of the TRUTH that can only come from Jesus. Yes, if the damn Demoncrats weren’t so busy homering it up with Congressional pages the last four years there wouldn’t be so many challenges in Iraq right now.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 02-07-2007 02:21 AM

Hanoi Jane is back providing aid and comfort to our enemies. It's deja vu all over again. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Pastor Ezekiel 02-07-2007 02:48 AM

I certainly hope that your smart-mouthed little grandchild got the walloping she deserved. Hasn't she been taught anything by her parents? Why didn't she stand up and shout out the glories of God in the middle of that revisionist history class? And what is she doing going to a secular school anyway? Jesus only knows what other crazy ideas they've forced her to accept.

H. Montague Worthington 02-07-2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

I certainly hope that your smart-mouthed little grandchild got the walloping she deserved. Hasn't she been taught anything by her parents? Why didn't she stand up and shout out the glories of God in the middle of that revisionist history class? And what is she doing going to a secular school anyway? Jesus only knows what other crazy ideas they've forced her to accept.
I'm glad you noticed that, Pastor!! I have tried to talk sense to my son about rearing his daughter, but they continually reject my advice!!

My son and daughter in law moved to Florida just after my granddaughter was born-- with almost no notice whatsoever. In their haste to get to their new home, they actually forgot to tell me that they were leaving! I had to hire someone to track them down, a feat that was made more difficult by the fact that their telephone was inadvertently listed under my daughter-in-law's maiden name.

I tell them on a regular basis to beat the demons out of the child, yet they continue to force the poor little girl to go to a secular school with a Negro principal. It's a sad situation.

Rev. Dr. Davidson 02-07-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H. Montague Worthington (Post 40796)
I tell them on a regular basis to beat the demons out of the child, yet they continue to force the poor little girl to go to a secular school with a Negro principal. It's a sad situation.

I will pray for you brother. I will also pray for a Godly intervention in the form of a few True Christians rescuing that poor child.

Bobby-Joe 02-07-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

I'm glad you noticed that, Pastor!! I have tried to talk sense to my son about rearing his daughter, but they continually reject my advice!!

My son and daughter in law moved to Florida just after my granddaughter was born-- with almost no notice whatsoever. In their haste to get to their new home, they actually forgot to tell me that they were leaving! I had to hire someone to track them down, a feat that was made more difficult by the fact that their telephone was inadvertently listed under my daughter-in-law's maiden name.

This is what is wrong with secular society today; the parents are too caught up their carriers to think about their childern or their family in their mad rush for money. People should be more like us TRUE Christians when it comes to money and family.

And for the right amount Brother Montague me and the boys on the security could have your granddaughter in your loving home before your son knew what hit him. I'm just saying keep us in mind if the Lord tells you its come to heroic measures.

H. Montague Worthington 02-07-2007 04:38 PM

GLORY!!

Meet me at the Olive Garden on Indian Treaty Boundary Road at 7 p.m. tonight.

Pastor Bob 02-07-2007 05:15 PM

I blame the Clintons for leading this America-hating attitude that doesn't celebrate the great good that the White Christians did by coming to America and fighting the first terrorists who occupied our country.

I have even heard that some secular textbooks do give our Godly ancestors credit for providing free transportation to the negros to our land. They even provided free housing and food, which was a mistake because they always want "special rights".

Please help to lobby so that the Freehold Press textbooks are accepted by ever school district in America.

H. Montague Worthington 02-07-2007 05:56 PM

You are OH so right, Pastor Bob!!

When my ancestors arrived in this country on the Mayflower, they traded with the native people fair and square: three smallpox-infected blankets and a shiny blue marble in exchange for two thirds of the state of Connecticut.

maverickxeo 02-16-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Maybe they want to raise their child the way they want to, and let her follow her own beliefs? I can see why they would leave without telling you. :D

Brother Temperance 02-17-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickxeo (Post 43623)
Maybe they want to raise their child the way they want to, and let her follow her own beliefs? I can see why they would leave without telling you. :D

But why would they want to allow the child to follow her own beliefs? The only way that it'd even be an issue would be if the child's beliefs differed from Montague's, and in that case they'd be wrong - who wants their child to grow up wrong?

maverickxeo 02-17-2007 07:08 PM

A belief is just that; a belief. It cannot be false, nor can it be true.

Brother Temperance 02-17-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickxeo (Post 43988)

You are out of your tiny little glue-crazed mind. If Mahmad Ahmadjinad wants to publish a secular history textbook claiming that the Holocaust never happened, George Lincoln founded America in 1964 and that Muslims don't go to Hell, none of those beliefs would be false?

maverickxeo 02-17-2007 07:15 PM

That's not a belief, since those are all proven fact. Or rather, proven false.

OnYourKnees 02-17-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickxeo (Post 43988)

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickxeo (Post 43993)
That's not a belief, since those are all proven fact. Or rather, proven false.

It's a proven fact that the Bible tells us that God will send all non-believers to Hell for all eternity, where they can enjoy infinite punishment for even the tiniest, finite sin. Like a single white lie.

Do you dispute this fact?

maverickxeo 02-17-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnYourKnees (Post 44010)
It's a proven fact that the Bible tells us that God will send all non-believers to Hell for all eternity, where they can enjoy infinite punishment for even the tiniest, finite sin. Like a single white lie.

Do you dispute this fact?

It's a proven fact that you believe the Bible. It isn't a proven fact that the Bible is correct.

OnYourKnees 02-17-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickxeo (Post 44014)
It's a proven fact that you believe the Bible. It isn't a proven fact that the Bible is correct.

Well done!

Now, could you explain why you believe that God's Word could be incorrect?
Do you believe He lied?

Do you believe He allowed humans to corrupt His Word? To what end?

Do you believe He isn't omniscient and omnipotent?

Is there some other reasoning?
I really don't understand people who doubt the validity of God's Word; you seem articulate, perhaps you can explain it to me sensibly. You see the people we usually get, who can only say, "well God didnt rite it cuz its in english and God donno english duh", or similar stupidity.

maverickxeo 02-17-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnYourKnees (Post 44018)
Well done!

Now, could you explain why you believe that God's Word could be incorrect?
Do you believe He lied?

Do you believe He allowed humans to corrupt His Word? To what end?

Do you believe He isn't omniscient and omnipotent?

Is there some other reasoning?
I really don't understand people who doubt the validity of God's Word; you seem articulate, perhaps you can explain it to me sensibly. You see the people we usually get, who can only say, "well God didnt rite it cuz its in english and God donno english duh", or similar stupidity.

I don't doubt God's Word, I doubt what you interpret His Word as.

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 02-17-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickxeo (Post 44024)
I don't doubt God's Word, I doubt what you interpret His Word as.

Obviously you haven't done your research here. We don't interpret the Bible -- we let the Word speak for itself. After all, what is there to interpret?! God said it, we believe it. That's it! Those rainbow-loving gay-marriage-promoting salad bar "Christians" like to pick and choose what to believe -- we believe the Bible 100%! All of it. No interpretation necessary!