The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Baby names? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=110071)

Anne Sayne 09-28-2016 04:39 AM

Baby names?

3 days ago, God brought a new, healthy baby boy into our family! I know when I introduced myself, I said it would be 3 months, but that's what the doctor told me. George decided that we would no longer visit doctors unless they are True Christians™ Luckily, he was VERY painful coming out, so I know that I am being the kind of wife/mother that Jesus called me to be (Genesis 3:16) We are very blessed to have this new child and soldier of Christ. We have one problem, however, and that is the name we will give him. Our eldest daughter, Annabeth, is named after me (my full name is Annabelle) George Jr is named after my husband, and Sarah is named after George's mother. George has no other family members to name a child after, besides his father Mike whom we were going to name the baby after, but he recently made the AWFUL descision of becoming a joo :joo: and we BOTH know that we will NOT be naming our Christian child after an unsaved mormon. All of my relatives are metho-dick, so we won't be using any of their names. All I ask for is that you say a few good name ideas, and names I should avoid. God bless!

Elmer G. White 09-28-2016 05:05 AM

Re: Baby names?

Mrs Sayne,

As an avid reader of the Bible, I was immediately reminded of a few wonderful names for baby boys with a solid Biblical background. I present them here in my own order of preference:

1. Dodo (one of Issachar's men, there was also one who was an Ahohite :thumbsup:)
Judges 10:1
And after Abimelech there arose to defend Israel Tola the son of Puah, the son of Dodo, a man of Issachar; and he dwelt in Shamir in mount Ephraim.
2. Mash, one of the sons of Aram
Genesis 10:23
And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
3. Heman (for those children who are not the sharpest tools in the shed)
1 Kings 4:31
For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.
4. Mahershalalhashbaz (be quick before Hamites adopt this name)
Isaiah 8:3
And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.
It was a pleasure to help you!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Michael Hezekiah Esq 09-28-2016 12:50 PM

Mazel tov, Annelah!

Instead of going for something the kid might sue you for later, why now something easy and cool, like "Levi," "Samson," "Job", or even Michael?

Berman is popular in my family. It means "Bear man" in Yiddish, which is a mitzvah that he grows up strong and fearless - and maybe delightfully hairy! Ansel (or, 'nobleman's father") is not as popular these days but is on a comeback in certain neighborhoods of NYC.

I hope the sheygets is happy, healthy, and full of chutzpah! If you'd like, I can hook you up with a Jewish astrologer in NY City to give you a reading for your new bundle.

A blessing on your head!

Blessings on his head.

Anne Sayne 09-28-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1189810)
Mrs Sayne,

As an avid reader of the Bible, I was immediately reminded of a few wonderful names for baby boys with a solid Biblical background. I present them here in my own order of preference:

1. Dodo (one of Issachar's men, there was also one who was an Ahohite :thumbsup:)
Judges 10:1
And after Abimelech there arose to defend Israel Tola the son of Puah, the son of Dodo, a man of Issachar; and he dwelt in Shamir in mount Ephraim.
2. Mash, one of the sons of Aram
Genesis 10:23
And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
3. Heman (for those children who are not the sharpest tools in the shed)
1 Kings 4:31
For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.
4. Mahershalalhashbaz (be quick before Hamites adopt this name)
Isaiah 8:3
And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.
It was a pleasure to help you!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Thank you very much, Elmer! These are some wonderful names!

George and I love Mahershalalhashbaz, but if we do give him that name, we will call him Maher for short. My weak female tongue cannot pronounce it very well because of 1 Timothy 2:11

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 09-30-2016 05:40 AM

Dear, another easy name is James, and that's perfectly respectable. After all, we read the King James Bible, so every time he hears his name, he will be reminded of The Lord whose praise should ever be in our mouths (Psalm 34:1). That's also a very American name, and if you don't like any of the names given, the 11 disciples that were loyal to Jesus are also respectable names. :)

Widow Elizabeth Johnson
Mother of 4 Sons and 1 Daughter

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 09-30-2016 08:42 AM

As neither of your first children has a True Christian™ name taken from the King James Version (1611) you might as well call him D'Wayne, for all the difference it will make.

YiC
JL-V

handmaiden 09-30-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1190027)
As neither of your first children has a True Christian™ name taken from the King James Version (1611) you might as well call him D'Wayne, for all the difference it will make.

YiC
JL-V

Hear, Hear, Sister.

There are many fine names to be found for offspring within the pages of the Bible. Perhaps the Saynes could leaf through its pages together and pray privately on the subject.

I, for one, wish them well and pray that all their children have the opportunity to grow up in a country guided by Biblical Values where Christ is Glorified in private and public venues. This may happen if Christians follow their duty and vote for Donald Trump whom God has clearly chosen to become President.

Deterministically Yours,

Handmaiden

BrotherLarry 09-30-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1190040)
Hear, Hear, Sister.

There are many fine names to be found for offspring within the pages of the Bible. Perhaps the Saynes could leaf through its pages together and pray privately on the subject.

I, for one, wish them well and pray that all their children have the opportunity to grow up in a country guided by Biblical Values where Christ is Glorified in private and public venues. This may happen if Christians follow their duty and vote for Donald Trump whom God has clearly chosen to become President.

Deterministically Yours,

Handmaiden

I pray the same! It would be terrible if something happened to Mr. Sayne accidentally on his way to work next Tuesday.

What a prayerful and thoughtful person you are, Sister Handmaiden. You know you're my one and only!

BrotherLarry

I Man Rastafari 09-30-2016 02:40 PM

As a participant in the Hillary campaign I have my finger on the pulse of America and I am privy to many of the latest names for babies. A few of the names I have heard lately for boy babies are Fidel Hugo Tupac and Bernie.

handmaiden 09-30-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Man Rastafari (Post 1190049)
As a participant in the Hillary campaign I have my finger on the pulse of America and I am privy to many of the latest names for babies. A few of the names I have heard lately for boy babies are Fidel Hugo Tupac and Bernie.

Ahem, your presence in this Prayer Shack for Women is very disconcerting. Please consider absenting yourself to go buzz around Hillary who has obviously not read the Bible and doesn't know her proper place as a woman. Really, would she even know why we have a prayer shack?

Moreover, your list of names is preposterous. We are gathered here to Glorify God by proclaiming His Word. If you insist on trying to be amusing, you need to "put your finger" on something in the Bible that could be construed as humorous.

Daringly Yours,

Handmaiden

Anne Sayne 10-01-2016 04:47 AM

George finally made a desicion (with help from Jesus of course)
And God's new Christian Soldier is named........Mahershalahashbaz! George and I made the desicion to call him Maher for short (see above)
Thanks to Elmer G. White for the wonderful name!

Basilissa 10-01-2016 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne Sayne (Post 1190148)
George and I made the desicion to call him Maher for short

:bad:

Eww!...

Like Bill Maher, that God-mocking atheist who will be struck by lightning any day now for all of his God-mocking activities?

Eww!...

:bad:

Anne Sayne 10-01-2016 05:22 AM

Hmm....never heard of Bill Maher. Should I inform George? We already gave the baby his full name, but Maher was just going to be a nickname so we can always change that.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 05-08-2019 08:23 PM

I am sorry to "bump" this very unremarkable thread, but what do True Christian™ ladies and gentlemen think of the names given by the British prince and his dubious wife to their** new son?

I don't recall seeing either Archie or Harrison mentioned in the KJV (1611), do you? My dear maternal grandfather remembers a comic book from his childhood called Archie. If "Ms" Markle was reading boys' comic books that far back, the rumors are probably true. Is Archie even a real name, or is it like Spiderman? As for Harrison, they might as well have called him Indiana!

By the way, has anyone any suggestions for my impending baby/babies, due either at the end of next month or in July or maybe the beginning of August - math is not my strong point, but it doesn't matter as God will decide. We are praying for another son, or possibly two if we are blessed with a fourth set of boy twins. So far, God has only decided otherwise once, and I thank Him for that kindness every day as Hannah (10) is a useful help meet and will make an excellent wife one day.

** if indeed it is theirs - rumor suggests otherwise.

Isabella White 05-08-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1251420)
I am sorry to "bump" this very unremarkable thread, but what do True Christian™ ladies and gentlemen think of the names given by the British prince and his dubious wife to their** new son?

I don't recall seeing either Archie or Harrison mentioned in the KJV (1611), do you? My dear maternal grandfather remembers a comic book from his childhood called Archie. If "Ms" Markle was reading boys' comic books that far back, the rumors are probably true. Is Archie even a real name, or is it like Spiderman? As for Harrison, they might as well have called him Indiana!

By the way, has anyone any suggestions for my impending baby/babies, due either at the end of next month or in July or maybe the beginning of August - math is not my strong point, but it doesn't matter as God will decide. We are praying for another son, or possibly two if we are blessed with a fourth set of boy twins. So far, God has only decided otherwise once, and I thank Him for that kindness every day as Hannah (10) is a useful help meet and will make an excellent wife one day.

Thank you, dear Sister Joanna, for bringing this to our attention. I had similar thoughts after I had read of the names of the baby, particularly Archie. Archie?!! What type of name is that for a so-called prince? Why not Jughead? He's the one who is wearing the crown! A blessed day to you, dear Sister. Sincerely, Isabella W.
https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.ne...00/3750392.jpg

Dennis Lukes 05-08-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

I don't recall seeing either Archie or Harrison mentioned in the KJV (1611), do you?

My first impression upon hearing the name (by accident of course, I don't go seeking out information about these inbred, self-important Nazi mongrels on purpose) was "Gay, gay, GAY!!!" Assuming all Hell breaks loose and the old hag Elizabeth, Horseface Charlie, Prince Willy, his three whelps, and that negro-loving ginger boy Harry are all taken out by ISIS or the Irish or something, you poor English will be shackled with an uppity octoroon called King Archie. Can you imagine the indignity?

http://www.sopedradamusical.com/wp-c...40-450x505.jpg
"Get on yo knees crackaz, Ize yo kang now."

My thoughts are, if you don't want to give your child a sensible name out of the KJV 1611 (like Mahershalalhashbaz), then at least name your child after a righteous Christian. That's why I named my second son George Bush Lukes after the man, the myth, the legend George W. Bush. Surely there are a few worthy, God-fearing Britons they could've named the boy after. Oswald Mosley, for example, or Jack the Ripper. But "Archie?" Really?

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 05-08-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella White (Post 1251425)
Thank you, dear Sister Joanna, for bringing this to our attention. I had similar thoughts after I had read of the names of the baby, particularly Archie. Archie?!! What type of name is that for a so-called prince? Why not Jughead? He's the one who is wearing the crown!

Well quite. And if they wanted a stupid abbreviated name, they could have gone for Alfie. This would have satisfied both British history (Alfred the Great) and the comic-book brigade (Prince Harry lookalike Alfred E. Neuman).

Isabella White 05-08-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1251427)
Well quite. And if they wanted a stupid abbreviated name, they could have gone for Alfie. This would have satisfied both British history (Alfred the Great) and the comic-book brigade (Prince Harry lookalike Alfred E. Neuman).

Exactly, dear Sister, exactly!!
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/6b/65/0c/6...e27897da6c.jpg

Phil Ander 05-09-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

I hope that God blesses you with another twinset. My humble name suggestion would be Zeke and Elmer, or perhaps Phil (snr) and Phil (jnr) if nothing else comes to mind.

Phil

Isabella White 05-09-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1251426)
My first impression upon hearing the name (by accident of course, I don't go seeking out information about these inbred, self-important Nazi mongrels on purpose) was "Gay, gay, GAY!!!" Assuming all Hell breaks loose and the old hag Elizabeth, Horseface Charlie, Prince Willy, his three whelps, and that negro-loving ginger boy Harry are all taken out by ISIS or the Irish or something, you poor English will be shackled with an uppity octoroon called King Archie. Can you imagine the indignity?

http://www.sopedradamusical.com/wp-c...40-450x505.jpg
"Get on yo knees crackaz, Ize yo kang now."

My thoughts are, if you don't want to give your child a sensible name out of the KJV 1611 (like Mahershalalhashbaz), then at least name your child after a righteous Christian. That's why I named my second son George Bush Lukes after the man, the myth, the legend George W. Bush. Surely there are a few worthy, God-fearing Britons they could've named the boy after. Oswald Mosley, for example, or Jack the Ripper. But "Archie?" Really?

Very true, dear Brother Lukes, and I thank you for bringing that to our attention. Your statement reminds me of another fact: we can be so glad of our freedom of speech here in the blessed :usa-fancy-3:. Over in England, a journalist with the BBC has been fired for something he shared, about the new royal baby. I'm surprised the old Queen didn't send him to the Tower to have his head chopped off! Below, you will see the "offensive" message that resulted in the termination of the journalist. A blessed day to you, dear Brother. Sincerely, Isabella W.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/...-ZLenGRumA.jpg