The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Popular Author: Christians Should Have Fun (DON'T BUY THIS BOOK)) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=120369)

Johny Joe Hold 09-08-2022 03:17 PM

Popular Author: Christians Should Have Fun (DON'T BUY THIS BOOK))

This so-called Christian author says Christians have forgotten how to have fun. She advises women to live it up, join a sewing club or go out to lunch with some friends.

She directs her books at women. This group should be repenting of their sins, not having fun. Women who make the cut and go to heaven will have plenty of time to rejoice their good fortune there. In the meantime they should remember that the woman, Eve, caused the Original Sin and live in constant remorse of their wrongdoing.

Annie F. Downs on what the Church gets wrong about fun | Devotionals News (christianpost.com)

WWJDnow 09-09-2022 12:08 AM

Re: Popular Author: Christians Should Have Fun (DON'T BUY THIS BOOK))

Sewing is certainly a proper activity for Christian women. But we should not be encouraging them to have fun. That might start out innocently, but, guaranteed, if they start, they'll be demanding orgasms by the time they're through. How exactly do female orgasms help women to be fruitful and multiply?

handmaiden 09-10-2022 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1302694)
How exactly do female orgasms help women to be fruitful and multiply?

Excellent question, Brother.

Some people theorize that they are a feedback/feel good reward for engaging in the Marriage Act. In this way, women are encouraged to participate in said act, conceive and bear children and thus the species is continued.

This is nonsense, of course. Orgasms are the feedback/feel good reward for men to engage in the Act, not women. There is no indication in God's Holy Word that women really get a say in the matter of whether the necessary physical union takes place or not.

And it's not as if they really need to participate in any significant way. I can be invited to a baseball game or coerced to attend a baseball game or dragged, kicking and screaming, to a baseball game. It doesn't matter how I get there, I'm still not participating in the game. I'm just there, and the game goes on whether it interests me or not. (It doesn't.)

MitzaLizalor 09-10-2022 09:38 AM

I've highlighted the salient words in yellow.
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold
She advises women to live it up, join a sewing club or go out. to lunch with some friends.

[I checked: it's true!]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie F. Downs
..‘Oh man, that was really fun on Saturday when we all went. and tried three different kinds of guacamole from three different Mexican restaurants.’ Or, we all went. . . . and sat outside and played a game of checkers.”

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cover of the Very Book Itself!
[SUBTITLE] 100 Days to Discover Fun Right Where You Are..

How can you be discovering anything right where you are if all the suggestions involve going somewhere else?