The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I require the guiding hand of the Lord. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=120496)

John Milloval 11-14-2022 12:49 AM

I require the guiding hand of the Lord.

Hello, my name is John, a long time ago I briefly attended Faith Baptist Church in illinois and have recently found God once again through listening to the sermons of preachers labeled "radical" by so called christian denominations like "Lutherans" and "#MeToo". Something that really struck me was the words of Westboro Baptist Church Preacher and founder Fred Phelps, "Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports fags is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death." I don't know if it is right for me to judge others but when I see a Homosexual it just fills me with indescribable rage that they could be openly proud of such an Abomination against Gods will. I have also recently seen while attempting to go through college that the local church ministry has put up "LGBT" flags on the walls of their church and inside its walls to support "Tolerance" and "Love". Should I admonish them?

I also three other questions for you: If I should choose a woman to marry, would it be against gods will for me to Marry an unbeliever, or if I should Marry a woman who claims to be a True Christian, but after the Marriage is consummated, she reveals herself to be an unbeliever, what should I do?

Finally, does God forbid me to do unto my wife or children any acts of discipline which I would not be uncomfortable in undergoing myself if I were to go against the Lord?

Pastor Ezekiel 11-14-2022 01:59 AM

Re: I require the guiding hand of the Lord.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Milloval (Post 1304529)
Hello, my name is John, a long time ago I briefly attended Faith Baptist Church in illinois and have recently found God once again through listening to the sermons of preachers labeled "radical" by so called christian denominations like "Lutherans" and "#MeToo". Something that really struck me was the words of Westboro Baptist Church Preacher and founder Fred Phelps, "Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports fags is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death." I don't know if it is right for me to judge others but when I see a Homosexual it just fills me with indescribable rage that they could be openly proud of such an Abomination against Gods will. I have also recently seen while attempting to go through college that the local church ministry has put up "LGBT" flags on the walls of their church and inside its walls to support "Tolerance" and "Love". Should I admonish them?

I also three other questions for you: If I should choose a woman to marry, would it be against gods will for me to Marry an unbeliever, or if I should Marry a woman who claims to be a True Christian, but after the Marriage is consummated, she reveals herself to be an unbeliever, what should I do?

Finally, does God forbid me to do unto my wife or children any acts of discipline which I would not be uncomfortable in undergoing myself if I were to go against the Lord?

First of all, this is NOT a debate forum. We're right and you're wrong, according to Jesus and the Holy Word of God. Please read THIS thread before making an even bigger fool of yourself. :rtfm:

Secondly, while the internets might seem to be "free" to you, this particular corner of the internets is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed
HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

Finally, your unsaved opinions or tantrums are not even slightly of interest to us. We follow the Holy Word of God TO THE LETTER, and make no apologies for that. One of the most important commandments in the Bible tells us to avoid unsaved scum such as yourself. You wandered in here
uninvited, and unwelcome .

If you want to debate people,
THIS is the place to go.

Please make a thread of your own in the "
Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at
THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to
hellfire. :sinner::haha:

MitzaLizalor 11-14-2022 02:21 AM

Thank you for posting an introduction in the intro. forum and for suggesting a Scripture verse:
LUKE 6:41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

https://www.23hq.com/23666/112530848...d653_large.jpg
Quote:

I don't know if it is right for me to judge others
Jesus is talking about righteous judgement. There are people claiming to be righteous who nevertheless occasionally do sinful things. Such people are not Christians and therefore, Jesus is explaining, ineligible to judge others. Although from birth everyone is full of sin and deserving of everlasting torment, once Jesus removes that blot the sinful life becomes impossible. Only then is it valid to judge others. Additionally, Christians will judge angels – in the fulness of time. Perhaps that's a verse you could look up for your reply? [HINT: it's in I CORINTHIANS ch. 6]

You mentioned various categories of spouse. The question of consummation is simple: if it has not occurred there is no marriage. That's why annulment is distinguished from divorce. Concerning the wretch who springs her atheism on you as a surprise after the event, again there is no room for opinions from me. God has preempted your enquiry as follows:
For what knowest thou . . . O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

context here: I CORINTHIANS 7:4-16

WWJDnow 11-15-2022 11:38 PM

Hello, John. Welcome to God's favorite church™!

I answered your poll, but I want to add a footnote that intelligence in a woman is generally a bad thing on the rare instances where you can find it. Intelligent women tend to get rebellious, thinking they have a right to make decisions for themselves. Much better to marry a simple, sheepish woman who will obey God, Pastor Ezekiel, Donald Trump, and you without question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Milloval (Post 1304529)
Should I admonish them?

Yes.

Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear. 1 Timothy 5:20

Quote:

Before you marry a non-believing wench, you must instruct her to become a True Christian™. If she refuses, then she is a disobedient Jezebel, so do not marry her. Once you are married, you should beat your wife if she disobeys you. But beat her with love, not with bitterness in your heart.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. Colossians 3:18-19

Quote:

Well, you can't kill them. That's what separates civilized Christians from barbaric Muslims.

Dennis Lukes 11-16-2022 02:36 AM

We've been getting a lot of people in here lately making one post in the introduction forum and then vanishing, never to be seen again. So I need to ask you something John. Are you a butt-licking sodomite rump ranger? Say "no" for no or don't say anything for yes.

James Hutchins 11-16-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1304581)
We've been getting a lot of people in here lately making one post in the introduction forum and then vanishing, never to be seen again. So I need to ask you something John. Are you a butt-licking sodomite rump ranger? Say "no" for no or don't say anything for yes.

I know God/Jesus reads every post on LBC.:ph34r:
If I were to fathom a guess, I'd wager He smites them. Why wait? Procrastination is the Devils Playground®.:nono:

MitzaLizalor 11-18-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1304576)
civilized Christians … barbaric Muslims

The contrast is clear, and explained even in terms a secular heathen would understand. For them, how often do they say humans went through an evolutionary bottleneck and only survived because we had helpful, cooperative social norms? Perhaps, they might elaborate, there were vicious uncooperative humans but they didn't survive and instead were eaten by bears. All this was when human population was so small, due to some unknown calamity almost wiping us out, that the loss of one group would affect future populations to an exaggerated degree. The cooperative ones turned out to be the ones that survived and we didn't go around murdering one another for made up reasons, or for no reason at all, in the long term developing big brains enabling us to prevail over predators – as we still do.

Something has to go wrong to undo that survival mechanism and in this case it's the Islam.

The secular model contradicts God, however. The same principle can still be applied when we read that the first Adam I Corinthians 15:45 was sinless in a perfect world, even though he was fleshly in nature (transmuted from dust Genesis 2:7) but in any event there were no predators wanting to eat him. The last Adam experienced life but transcended the flesh to become a quickening spirit. It follows then that Christians receiving this Spirit attain that long lost sinless state, existing in a now imperfect world but definitely not savage barbarians. We cooperate as Adam would have cooperated if he had anyone to cooperate with, although in his case it was not to avoid being eaten. It's just how he was made, big brain and all, nothing to do with predators. We're both working back from the same starting point, that human populations help one another, even strangers, but cite different reasons for that being the case. Making up reasons to murder one another is very counter productive and anathema to stable society UNLESS something has gone wrong. The Islamic world is a good illustration of what happens next. Technically the homicides are not murders because they're carried out according to law. Christians understand, in that case, something has gone wrong with the laws too. And unless you're a guest of the king in his magnificent tent or an employee in one of his harems, the briefest visit to any such domain——Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan, whatever the Pakistans are calling themselves these days, Nigeria (except the prince seems to be underfunded just now, despite all the oil) Algeria, Egypt and so on——gets the inevitable outcome showcased better than anything I could write.

Something has gone wrong.

Understanding what that is helps us to glean when it may be happening here. The OP seems to be tied up for some reason so here's a short song on the topic.

Dennis Lukes 11-19-2022 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1304595)
I know God/Jesus reads every post on LBC.:ph34r:
If I were to fathom a guess, I'd wager He smites them. Why wait? Procrastination is the Devils Playground®.:nono:

How come Didymus is still alive then? Does God have plans for him?

handmaiden 11-19-2022 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1304656)
How come Didymus is still alive then? Does God have plans for him?

Mr. Much, (I do not count myself amongst those on a first-name basis with the gentleman), serves The Lord's purpose despite his repudiation of Jesus' existance.

As a well-read -- if hell-bound-- atheist, Mr. Much keeps the Fluffy Bunny Deluded "Christians" honest. They often barge in here with the intent to lecture us about the loving nature of Christ. Mr. Much reminds them that there is just a bit more to the story. When they realize that a perverted, brain-addled atheist knows more about the Bible than themselves, they are invariably humbled.

Just kidding, they often fly into a spittle-emitting rage. Then they absurdly command us all to go to Hell. Mr. Much, of course, is already headed there, so, I guess that gives them the satisfaction of being right on at least the one point. No doubt that realization serves as a salve to their bruised and bloody egos.

Dennis Lukes 11-19-2022 03:15 AM

I see. Like Judas, he serves God in spite of himself without reaping the benefits of salvation. What a sad, lonely life. I almost pity him until I remember that he knows better than any non-Christian the Truth of thr Bible. He's had ample warning. Converting Didymus Much would be almost as big a coup as converting Lucifer himself. John Milloval, I fear, has already passed beyond our help and into the arms of perdition.

Didymus Much 11-19-2022 03:33 AM

Maybe he sensed that the "guiding hand" was only trying to get into his wallet?

Dennis Lukes 11-19-2022 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1304660)
Maybe he sensed that the "guiding hand" was only trying to get into his wallet?

We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12).

MitzaLizalor 11-19-2022 11:59 AM

I'm not following here. Are we being accused as a subbranch of the Episcopalians? Exploiting congregants for the upkeep of palaces and mansions? Methodists, I could understand. Schism was the worst thing its Founder opined but when he died? BANG! instant schism.

So sad.

Brethren similar. Quakers? dunno but generally moderate denominations have some connection with the reformation (other than Lutherans)

..not feeling too well; lie down now.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 11-29-2022 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1304581)
Are you a butt-licking sodomite rump ranger? Say "no" for no or don't say anything for yes.

I mean, how long do we give him...? It's 2 weeks. This isn't a Senate vote on a Supreme Court nomination, we can't wait forever.
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1304595)
Why wait? Procrastination is the Devils Playground®.

Brother Hutchins, you read my mind and pre-posted the content. All that's left is some empty chaff. I'd say the OP needs a guiding boot in the backside.