The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   "Subnautica" (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=105781)

Gregory Mitch 05-20-2015 12:58 AM

"Subnautica"

After I read the thread on steam's banning of "kill the fags", I decided I would look into it more. I came across a game called "subnautica". You are trapped on an alien world and must survive. Already this brings up issues. We know that there is heaven, there is hell, and there is earth. Nothing else. My suspicion is that this is yet another plot by the liberal atheists to corrupt our children. What do you think?

WilliamJenningsBryan 05-20-2015 08:18 AM

Re: "Subnautica"

I'm always suspicious of these kinds of things Brother Mitch. It could be a plot by the Mormons to desensitize us and make us susceptible to accepting their blasphemous teachings about getting your own planet when you die. When you see Glen Beck and Mitt Romney starting to promote "subnautica" we'll know for sure.

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 05-21-2015 01:53 AM

Oh goodness! That's why our church will only allow video games created by upstanding members of the church who also get my husband (the senior pastor's) permission and blessing.

The most popular one at church is called "Call of His Duty". This teaches our baby boys to shoot and kill as many hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), the unforgiving (Mark 11:26), homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), fornicators (Romans 1:29), the wicked (Romans 1:29), the covetous (Romans 1:29), the malicious (Romans 1:29), the envious (Romans 1:29), murderers (Romans 1:29), the deceitful (Romans 1:29), backbiters (Romans 1:30), haters of God (Romans 1:30), the spiteful (Romans 1:30), the proud (Romans 1:30), boasters (Romans 1:30), inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), the unmerciful (Romans 1:31), the implacable (Romans 1:31), the unrighteous (1 Corinthians 6:9), idolaters (1 Corinthians 6:9), adulterers (1 Corinthians 6:9), the effeminate (1 Corinthians 6:9), thieves (1 Corinthians 6:10), drunkards (1 Corinthians 6:10), reviler (1 Corinthians 6:10), extortioners (1 Corinthians 6:10), the fearful (Revelation 21:8), the unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), the abominable (Revelation 21:8), whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), and all liars (Revelation 21:8).

If anyone is interested in getting this, please contact me right away so we can share our treasures ("Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7)

Yours in Christ,
Elizabeth

Pecaro 05-23-2015 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson (Post 1146086)
Oh goodness! That's why our church will only allow video games created by upstanding members of the church who also get my husband (the senior pastor's) permission and blessing.

The most popular one at church is called "Call of His Duty". This teaches our baby boys to shoot and kill as many hypocrites....

Either you're being really sarcastic, which would be funny. Or you're being a hypocrite. The game is called Call Of Duty, it's not about shooting sinners, but about shooting soldiers, the game is for 18+ and the most common players are 12 year old calling other people "faggots" Etc. Etc. Basically you're murdering people who have signeert up for defending their home-country. I hope you're proud of it, seeing as you take this "Subnautica" all too serious.

Mary Etheldreda 05-24-2015 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pecaro (Post 1146322)
Either you're being really sarcastic, which would be funny. Or you're being a hypocrite. The game is called Call Of Duty, it's not about shooting sinners, but about shooting soldiers, the game is for 18+ and the most common players are 12 year old calling other people "faggots" Etc. Etc. Basically you're murdering people who have signeert up for defending their home-country. I hope you're proud of it, seeing as you take this "Subnautica" all too serious.

I've never known Mrs. Johnson to be sarcastic or funny. She has dedicated herself to the LORD by dedicating herself to her husband, as the Holy Bible plainly states she should (Colossians 3:18). While the Holy Bible does say merriment is as medicine (Proverbs 17:22), no where does it command a woman to laugh or be funny. That's for harlots like Sarah Silverman to do. Let those fools bring in the yuks. They won't be laughing when Satan has his way with them in the depths of Hell.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8Gfg4OMrqCU/hqdefault.jpg
Oh look at me! I'm Sarah Silverman! I'm a Jewess who doesn't
take anything seriously! Blah blah blah gays are cool but God is a Big Meanie!
I'm so hip! Love me! Gimme more attention! I'm an attention whore!
Nah nah nah!

NateTheKnuckleheadToo 10-24-2018 07:17 PM

After about 2 years, I read back my earlier posts... Good lord I was informal... But back on topic. Subnautica is a game far from satanic. What if the alien planet we are talking about is earth? The creatures in that game could exist here on Earth, we just havent got to the depths yet.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 10-24-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessVoid (Post 1239981)
After about 2 years, I read back my earlier posts... Good lord I was informal...

As nobody apart from you has a clue what other false name you were posting under then, we have no way of telling.

Mary Etheldreda 10-24-2018 07:36 PM

Are you being formal today, Faceless?

MitzaLizalor 10-25-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessVoid (Post 1239981)
After about 2 years, I read back my earlier posts... Good lord I was informal... But back on topic. Subnautica is a game far from satanic. What if the alien planet we are talking about is earth? The creatures in that game could exist here on Earth, we just havent got to the depths yet.

But even from those depths, if the earth were in fact a planet, no "aliens" (demons) could prevail over those who put their trust in Christ. Or from the heighths.
Psalm 139:8-12 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

NateTheKnuckleheadToo 10-25-2018 04:09 PM

Well, I wouldn't call deep sea animals demons, as they are the beauty of nature itself. Also, yes I am feeling formal today, thanks for asking!Oh and... Well I wouldn't call it a false name. NateTheNader IS my name. Well... Here known as Nate The Knucklehead.

NateTheKnuckleheadToo 10-25-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessVoid (Post 1240017)
Well, I wouldn't call deep sea animals demons, as they are the beauty of nature itself. Also, yes I am feeling formal today, thanks for asking!Oh and... Well I wouldn't call it a false name. NateTheNader IS my name. Well... Here known as Nate The Knucklehead.

Well, I am not saying specifically these creatures exist, as the lack of food and sunlight makes the depth almost uninhabitable. I am talking about bacterium like creatures.

Mary Etheldreda 10-25-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Well, I wouldn't call deep sea animals demons, as they are the beauty of nature itself.

Welcome back Knucklehead. Tell us, in the time you've been away, how have you learned to discern the difference between demons and deep sea animals, or supernatural from natural creatures in general?

Quote:

Also, yes I am feeling formal today, thanks for asking!

Black tie or white tie formal? Or morning dress?

NateTheKnuckleheadToo 10-25-2018 04:37 PM

Tricky question... Black suit red tie. Yep thats my answer. Well I think knowing a difference between magical creatures and deep sea animals is just common sense. A reaper, leviathan or emperor couldn't exist in the depths thus it makes it magical. It COULD exist in the upper surfaces of the water but, we already would know about it if it would exist.

Mary Etheldreda 10-25-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessVoid (Post 1240020)
Tricky question... Black suit red tie. Yep thats my answer. Well I think knowing a difference between magical creatures and deep sea animals is just common sense. A reaper, leviathan or emperor couldn't exist in the depths thus it makes it magical. It COULD exist in the upper surfaces of the water but, we already would know about it if it would exist.

So you're as familiar with formality as you are with supernatural creatures. I'm not asking about magical creatures per se, but those from the supernatural realm. How would you know about a supernatural creature that doesn't want you to know about it? From what do you draw for this "common sense" of yours?

NateTheKnuckleheadToo 10-25-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1240021)
So you're as familiar with formality as you are with supernatural creatures. I'm not asking about magical creatures per se, but those from the supernatural realm. How would you know about a supernatural creature that doesn't want you to know about it? From what do you draw for this "common sense" of yours?

How would I know about it? I don't, that's how. I am putting up a statement if we would know about them, I am not saying they do exist, I am not saying they don't. Also supernatural and magical is basically the same.

Mary Etheldreda 10-25-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessVoid (Post 1240022)
How would I know about it? I don't, that's how. I am putting up a statement if we would know about them, I am not saying they do exist, I am not saying they don't. Also supernatural and magical is basically the same.

Let me get this straight. You're admitting to be completely ignorant. You're also making statements of fact. Do you intend for us to believe these statements? If so, why?

You see, True Christians™ make statements of fact that can be substantiated by reality, experience, and most importantly, the infallible Word of God. You have none of that. You have naught but an imagination and a lack of social awareness of the awkwardness of speaking out of turn.

Why don't you consider the Truth™ instead of Fantasy? We can help!

NateTheKnuckleheadToo 10-25-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1240024)
Let me get this straight. You're admitting to be completely ignorant. You're also making statements of fact. Do you intend for us to believe these statements? If so, why?

You see, True Christians™ make statements of fact that can be substantiated by reality, experience, and most importantly, the infallible Word of God. You have none of that. You have naught but an imagination and a lack of social awareness of the awkwardness of speaking out of turn.

Why don't you consider the Truth™ instead of Fantasy? We can help!

I don't want you to believe in what I say, nor am I being ignorant, I am sceptical about deep sea "creatures", bacterias do exist down there but I kind of doubt creatures do. Yeah I don't have any of that, I am pretty awkward speaking generally, I do stupid shit all the time for shits 'n' giggles. I won't join Truth, why you may ask? Cause this is my life, I am in control, maybe if I say that yes I need help, yeah I will make sure to pay another visit. For me, fantasy is nice. It can inspire people, for me. It inspires me to draw! I have always been a fanatic of drawing but I am really bad at it and thats why I want to improve.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 10-25-2018 05:28 PM

So, you tell us you are really bad at speaking and drawing and we have already noticed your very limited writing skills. Why not tell us what you are good at? There must be something. Perhaps you are a virtuoso violinist - we would genuinely like to know.

NateTheKnuckleheadToo 10-25-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1240030)
So, you tell us you are really bad at speaking and drawing and we have already noticed your very limited writing skills. Why not tell us what you are good at? There must be something. Perhaps you are a virtuoso violinist - we would genuinely like to know.

Call it childish or not, I like engineering simple gadgets from lego technic. I also like working out, but the thing I am best at has to be english, as I do not come from a family or country that speaks english.

Mary Etheldreda 10-25-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessVoid (Post 1240034)
Call it childish or not, I like engineering simple gadgets from lego technic. I also like working out, but the thing I am best at has to be english, as I do not come from a family or country that speaks english.

Your English is quite good! Perhaps you can help translate the Holy Bible into whatever gibberish your people speak, and then you can draw pictures to go with the stories! Jesus might even move you to be a missionary to your heathen peoples! All you have to do is open your heart to Him and He will take care of the rest!

What are your favorite stories of the Bible, dear? There has to be something that stands out to you above the rest.