The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ladies, how are you profiting from the CorVid lockdown? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117519)

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 04-03-2020 09:27 PM

Ladies, how are you profiting from the CorVid lockdown?

So, it has been a couple of weeks now and life has gone on pretty much as normal. We have all laughed at those poor secular saps who complain on antisocial media about the difficulty of home-schooling their children. What is wrong with those women? "Oh, look at me, I'm a corporate finance lawyer but I'm too dumb to teach third grade math to my 3-year-old." :wacko:

But although we True Christian™ ladies have no such "ishoos", some of us find ourselves with a bit of spare time. We have tidied those neglected cupboards in unused areas of the property, planned tasty menus for the indefinite future, slaughtered a pig or two ... now what?

I am fortunate in that my dear husband Matthew has recently returned from a visit to Iran and, having greeted me enthusiastically, pointed out that government guidance demands that we both isolate ourselves from the children for at least two weeks. So we have moved into the largest guest annex and are very much enjoying a "second honeymoon". I haven't been this happy since our first. Matthew is such a very manly man.

Please share your own positive experiences. :thumbsup:

Basilissa 04-04-2020 06:38 PM

Re: Ladies, how are you profiting from the CorVid lockdown?

Frankly, I find it somewhat inconvenient that the quarantine is in early spring rather than in the fall. I would love to use the stay-at-home order to make jams and pickles from my ever bountiful harvests!

Now I'm just stuck at home with my gardeners. Enrique is stuck in South America, and his last business deal run into a problem - something about customs, apparently there are some fees to move merchandise across the border, and the customs agent who always takes the fee got sick with coronavirus, and the replacement didn't get the fee, or somehow didn't know about the fee, something like that.

The house is already as tidy as it can possibly be, so I spent most of the time baking. Then we eat what we can with the gardeners, and the leftovers are for the birds, squirrels, and deer.

Isabella White 04-04-2020 07:26 PM

Well, let's see. For a start, I've given Fanny-Mae (my maid) time off to be with her family. She was whining about "the need for self-isolation" and, frankly, I was getting sick of hearing about it, so I said, "fine -- off you go!" Beulah (my cook) took ill about three weeks ago, so now I'm doing all of the household work. But, it's no fuss, really, as I prefer to do the baking for the Wednesday Afternoon McGill Street Ladies' Prayer Meeting, Bible Study and Tea & Social.

Still, it's been rather quiet around parts of town. Sister Hortense and Sister Clementine-Minnie had suggested that we do a sing-song of old hymns down at the four corners. But, then, Sister Priscilla said she heard there was a threat of fines being given out to people who congregate in groups. So, that finished that before it even got started!

So, that's the excitement from here, such as it is. However, I am excited about watching our :god-fancy:-sent President Trump on his 3.30 news conference today. My, I always love it whenever he appears on the television! And to :jesus-fancy:, I give :praise-2:

Alvin Moss 04-05-2020 02:53 AM

Mrs. Moss has profited greatly in this crisis due to my increased presence, which has allowed me to criticize her mistakes and rebuke her for any sloth or lack of attention to diverse matters. I have made a close inspection of the entire house and I have been able to offer considerable advice on how to make improvements.

handmaiden 04-07-2020 05:01 PM

I'm just spending extra time with Jesus--and with an intensified enthusiasm.

Sometimes, I feel as though I can actually see Him before me in all His Glory. Usually, I just hear His calm, commanding voice in my ear.

James Hutchins 04-07-2020 05:52 PM

While I am no lady, and my family has stayed in the compound for most of their lives, with only me leaving to take care of business. Of course the kids are all home schooled in the True Christian™ way so we are not falling victim to this 'dumbing down' of America. My kids will know exactly what Gods wants them to know.
Due to the demand for PPE, and the lack of demand for tobacco, the employees of Hutchins LLC have turned their efforts to making and selling face masks. We are using scraps of cloth (waste not, want not) and twine. 15 for $10.00, 150 for $95.00. We've soaked them in lye to remove most of the stains and some of the kids draw smiley faces on them, those cost extra.
So make lemonade from all those lemons folk! We all know, if God loves you, He will not forsake you. If God is giving you the old stink eye, accept it.
I have to go, my lunch is ready.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 04-07-2020 06:12 PM

Oh, thank you all for your splendid ideas! Isolation with my dearest Matthew continues and what with attending to his needs, I find myself busier and even more physically active than usual. Occasional screams can be heard from the children in the main house, but we just close the windows to block out the noise. For home-schooling purposes, I have named this module Self-Sufficiency 101.

Sister Basilissa, I'm sorry to hear of Enrique's problems. If there are any calls Matthew can make to move matters along, please let me know.

Sister Isabella, whatever is America coming to when True Christian™ women can be fined for spreading God's Holy Word? You are in my prayers and I am sure that Sister Handmaiden will add you to hers which are, as ever, incessant.

Brother Alvin, you are an inspiration! Mrs Moss is a lucky woman.

Brother Hutchins, I hope you don't mind if I forward your post to my daughter Hannah (11)? We have quite a lot of old terry-towels diapers that could usefully be recycled, and it would be a way for her to keep the youngest children occupied and perhaps stop some of the screaming.

We are both well and happy. Matthew has pointed out that should any of the children succumb to the Corvidian disease, we will be obliged to extend our self-isolation until 14 days after the last child is fully recovered. Please pray for us.

YiC
Joanna

Isabella White 04-07-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1267192)
Oh, thank you all for your splendid ideas! Isolation with my dearest Matthew continues and what with attending to his needs, I find myself busier and even more physically active than usual. Occasional screams can be heard from the children in the main house, but we just close the windows to block out the noise. For home-schooling purposes, I have named this module Self-Sufficiency 101.

Sister Basilissa, I'm sorry to hear of Enrique's problems. If there are any calls Matthew can make to move matters along, please let me know.

Sister Isabella, whatever is America coming to when True Christian™ women can be fined for spreading God's Holy Word? You are in my prayers and I am sure that Sister Handmaiden will add you to hers which are, as ever, incessant.

Brother Alvin, you are an inspiration! Mrs Moss is a lucky woman.

Brother Hutchins, I hope you don't mind if I forward your post to my daughter Hannah (11)? We have quite a lot of old terry-towels diapers that could usefully be recycled, and it would be a way for her to keep the youngest children occupied and perhaps stop some of the screaming.

We are both well and happy. Matthew has pointed out that should any of the children succumb to the Corvidian disease, we will be obliged to extend our self-isolation until 14 days after the last child is fully recovered. Please pray for us.

YiC
Joanna

Oh, dear Sister Joanna: How I thank you for such an encouraging message to the ladies (and the few, stray gentlemen who have graced us by their presence here, at Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women.) Goodness, is it not wonderful that we all have such strong faith in our Almighty :god-fancy: and the :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy: :christ-fancy:, and the fellowship of :true-fancy: believers here at :forum-fancy:. I am keeping all of you in my prayers, and you shall all be at the top of the list for this week's Wednesday Afternoon McGill Street Ladies' Prayer Meeting, Bible Study and Tea & Social (which will be held this week at Sister Hortense's lovely home -- she makes the most delicious raspberry macarons!)

Yes, Dear, 'tis a worry when :true-fancy: servants of the :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy: risk receiving fines simply from doing :his: blessed work. But, I know that the cause is worth more than the price, and :jesus-fancy: has given such blessed comfort regarding this. Oh, how I praise :him-fancy: for this! And may :god-fancy: bless and keep you & Matthew and the kiddies safe at this stressful time.

Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."