The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NASA Mars landing? More FAKE NEWS!! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115535)

Basilissa 11-28-2018 12:30 AM

NASA Mars landing? More FAKE NEWS!!

People in NASA are bunch of God-hating atheists, who would like us to believe that God lied to us in the Holy Bible, when He said that the earth was flat and had four corners:

Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

These same fools (Psalm 14:1) want us to believe that stars and planets are more than just flickering lights firmly secured on the Firmament.

Their latest attempt to convince us includes a "Mars landing" by InSight probe (whoever came up with the name had an apparent keyboard problem, either space bar not working or shift key working at random).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fake News Media
After seven months of traveling through space, the NASA InSight mission has landed on Mars. A few minutes after landing, InSight sent the official "beep" to NASA to signal that it was alive and well, including a photo of the Martian surface where it landed.
:link:

Traveling seven months?! These people claim it took that long to reach the Firmament? Did they send the probe on top of a snail or something? :rofl:

These NASA atheists must think we're all fools. They published what they claim is the first photo taken by InSight on the surface of Mars:

Seriously? This is it? The big reveal? No Martians, no canal close-ups, no Face on Mars details? Just a photo of an orangeish screen taken through a camera with a very, very, very dirty lens? :facepalm: Seriously, I could photoshop a more convincing image of a fake surface of a fake planet. :thumbdown: Maybe I should go work for NASA, but I wouldn't want to participate in deceiving people. That's God's job (Jeremiah 4:10).

James Hutchins 11-28-2018 01:11 AM

Re: NASA Mars landing? More FAKE NEWS!!

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone remember this hoax about 'men on the moon'? Seriously, how gullible do people think intelligent True Christians™ are?

Johny Joe Hold 11-28-2018 01:17 AM

Sister Bass--That's a white bowling ball that has been rolled in the parking lot. They can fool most of the public but not True Christians™.

Mary Etheldreda 11-28-2018 02:11 AM

All in an attempt to disprove Genesis 1:1! This is nothing short of the Smoking Gun of the religion of Atheism, proof of their unethical attempt to use the government to push their religion. Collecting One Billion Dollars to convince people the Bible is untrue is like the Catholic Church collecting one billion dollars every Sunday. While members of such cults like argue this money "keeps the lights on" so to speak, in reality it is naught but a Huge Scam, a Ponzi Scheme that rewards the few authority at the top at the expense of the "regular Joes" throughout the world.

One Billion Dollars could have been put to use translating publishing Bibles in the native languages and dropped from airplanes onto remote, untouched tribal heathens. One Billion Dollars could have been put to use bringing Jesus back to our schools. One billion dollars could have paid for Pastor Zeke's new jet and enough fuel and an around-the-clock team of stewardesses to take him anywhere in the world Jesus might call him on a whim.

But no, One Billion Dollars was used to further the agenda of the Atheist Religion, to evangelize their Creation Story of Evolution, and their False Salvation through Sexual Deviance all so they can talk themselves out of feeling guilty when they sin.

True Christians™ are not so easily fooled! We know what the LORD says about wisdom and in whom we should put our trust:
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.
For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1 Corinthians 3:19

He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.
Job 5:13

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men,
and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Ephesians 4:14
The Bible is very clear! We are to trust in the LORD and anything that deviates from the Gospel is to be understood with contempt! Any attempt to try and re-write reality is hubris, plain and clear. The Holy Bible tells us such desires are of demonic origins (James 3:15). There is no room for such lies in the heart of the True Christian™.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 11-28-2018 08:58 AM

That's a bird's egg - a Little Ringed Plover's egg, if I'm not mistaken:

http://www.cheshireandwirralbirdatla...ged_plover.JPG

So delicious that it's now illegal to gather them. :angry:

Brother Gonzalez 11-28-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1241819)

Traveling seven months?! These people claim it took that long to reach the Firmament? Did they send the probe on top of a snail

Sister Bas, as an smart woman, you are always so close to the truth that it brings tears to my eyes. In your post, you are right 99%
But as woman, you don't know that times take time. Like when your husband goes out for cigarettes and comes back three days later. Or when Moses led his people to a relatively small desert and took him 40 years to arrive.
That is why this bit could be true. Of course, is all fake news anyways, so it doesn't matter.

IwillTumblrShameYou 12-18-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1241821)
Anyone remember this hoax about 'men on the moon'? Seriously, how gullible do people think intelligent True Christians™ are?

That was a silent movie you <<<expletive deleted>>>. It was called the "Man on the Moon" from 1902.

IwillTumblrShameYou 12-18-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1241823)
Sister Bass--That's a white bowling ball that has been rolled in the parking lot. They can fool most of the public but not True Christians™.

If most of the public agrees that the Earth is round and Mars exists that may prove that you are wrong.

Basilissa 12-18-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillTumblrShameYou (Post 1242899)
If most of the public agrees that the Earth is round and Mars exists that may prove that you are wrong.

By the same logic, you should start eating human excrement. Billions of flies cannot be wrong, right? :thumbsup:

Also: given that in the past, most people believed world to be flat and the center of the universe, does that mean this has changed when most of the public changed their opinion? :confused: Just wondering.

IwillTumblrShameYou 12-19-2018 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1242902)
By the same logic, you should start eating human excrement. Billions of flies cannot be wrong, right? :thumbsup:

Here you don't seem to know the definition of Public:noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]
    ordinary people in general; the community.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"the library is open to the public"[/COLOR]

So no. Flies are NOT apart of the public. That should be obvious.

Also: given that in the past, most people believed world to be flat and the center of the universe, does that mean this has changed when most of the public changed their opinion? :confused: Just wondering.

Here let me introduce you to a neat thing called a satellite.

IwillTumblrShameYou 12-19-2018 01:28 AM

Hey Basilissa. I have a question, why I'm I considered a sorcerer who worships false idols? I'm a Christian and very much do not.

IwillTumblrShameYou 12-19-2018 01:34 AM

Im soooo sorry that I invaded your safe space and got you with logic and now your triggered.

Dana723 12-19-2018 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillTumblrShameYou (Post 1242909)
Hey Basilissa. I have a question, why I'm I considered a sorcerer who worships false idols? I'm a Christian and very much do not.

Possibly because you're a sorcerer who worships false idols?:thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillTumblrShameYou (Post 1242910)
Im soooo sorry that I invaded your safe space and got you with logic and now your triggered.

*you're

Elmer G. White 12-19-2018 03:07 AM

Let us look at some logic. Example: IwIllTumblrShameYou, an Unsaved person:
Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillTumblrShameYou (Post 1242898)
That was a silent movie you <<<expletive deleted>>>. It was called the "Man on the Moon" from 1902.

It was actually called Le voyage dans la Lune and, In American A Trip to the Moon by Georges Méliès. The year was 1902, though. Loosely based on Jules Verne's novels. When you dismiss other people's facts it would be best to check your own. If 50% of your claims can very easily be falsified, the impression you give is not utterly convincing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillTumblrShameYou (Post 1242899)

This is a simple ad populum argument, a fallacy, as Sister Basilissa tried to show to you by referring to flies. On this Forum us True Christians(tm) are in a majority compared to you. Does that mean that you're wrong? Or do you need special pleading (another fallacy) with different criteria to you and different to other people? In fact, the Truth™ remains the Truth™ regardless the number of its supporters. Jesus knew this.

Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Quote:

This is a simple ad ridiculum argument, you're tried to make your opponent look silly (and it's a fallacy). In addition, you're boasting with an appeal to authority argument, in this case your own authority without any source material. You guessed it, it's a fallacy. The Truth™ is not about the person telling it but about the content. The ultimate irony is your appeal to logic in a post that swarms with argumentative fallacies.

1 Peter 2:15
For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

Thank you, Jesus!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Basilissa 12-19-2018 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillTumblrShameYou (Post 1242907)
Here let me introduce you to a neat thing called a satellite.

:confused: Where is it, honey?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillTumblrShameYou (Post 1242909)

Well, you seem to be awfully unfamiliar with the Bible to be considered a Christian, sweetie!

Quote:

I'm sorry, sweetie, but that sentence doesn't even make sense. My triggered what? :huh:

:hmmm: Oh, wait, you meant to say "you're triggered," right? That makes much more sense, but the answer is no. I mean, if I were easily triggered by every ignorant who doesn't know how to spell, I couldn't survive a day on the Internet, could I? :giggle:

IwillTumblrShameYou 12-19-2018 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana723 (Post 1242924)
Possibly because you're a sorcerer who worships false idols?:thumbsup:

Which is a lie and I don't worship false idols? Also, how is being a sorcerer possible? Magic doesn't exist.

IwillTumblrShameYou 12-19-2018 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1242932)

Well, you seem to be awfully unfamiliar with the Bible to be considered a Christian, sweetie!

I'm sorry, sweetie, but that sentence doesn't even make sense. My triggered what? :huh:

:hmmm: Oh, wait, you meant to say "you're triggered," right? That makes much more sense, but the answer is no. I mean, if I were easily triggered by every ignorant who doesn't know how to spell, I couldn't survive a day on the Internet, could I? :giggle:

Well here let's go back to the original point of the forum. The NASA Mars landing IS real. You're "proof" is a dirty picture and saying that you could make a better fake photo. Can you make a "valid" point, please other than just saying the photo is fake? Like scientific points that actually work and not biblical points from thousands of years ago when space exploration didn't exist.

IwillTumblrShameYou 12-19-2018 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1242932)

Here it is

https://i.postimg.cc/MZcwTSc2/Soyuz-...raft2edit1.jpg

Elmer G. White 12-19-2018 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillTumblrShameYou (Post 1242938)
Which is a lie and I don't worship false idols? Also, how is being a sorcerer possible? Magic doesn't exist.

Of course magic does exist. First, it is mentioned in the Bible:

Exodus 8:7
And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.

Second, magic means that something happens by supernatural means. You've claimed that you're a Christian. Christianity is all about supernatural events brought upon the material world. Basically, you're claiming that supernatural events don't exist, ergo, you cannot be a Christian. At best, you might claim to be a deist? Are you?

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Basilissa 12-19-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillTumblrShameYou (Post 1242939)
Well here let's go back to the original point of the forum. The NASA Mars landing IS real. You're "proof" is a dirty picture and saying that you could make a better fake photo. Can you make a "valid" point, please other than just saying the photo is fake? Like scientific points that actually work and not biblical points from thousands of years ago when space exploration didn't exist.

Dear, the Bible goes to great lengths to explain that we should never trust science:

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

In fact, secular science is foolishness in the eyes of the Lord:

1 Corinthians 3:18-20
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Here you have it. God says that science is vain foolishness. Why should we stop trusting God and start trusting science?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwillTumblrShameYou (Post 1242940)

Your "proof" is a picture? :wacko: Aren't we having this discussion because I said in the opening post, that I do not trust pictures, which are so easily edited in PhotoShop? I mean, even I can take a photo of some pretty clouds and then slap a "satellite" on top of it, and I am practically PhotoShop-illiterate! (And more of a GIMP person, anyway). :giggle: