The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Denmark midfielder 'awake' after collapsing on pitch (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=118914)

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 06-12-2021 07:26 PM

Denmark midfielder 'awake' after collapsing on pitch

Also known to the rest of us as "waking up" after "falling asleep" during the most boring game in the world with the score at, let me check... 1 goal after countless interminable hours of coiffed men in colorful shorts prancing around and hugging eachother.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 06-12-2021 08:01 PM

Re: Denmark midfielder 'awake' after collapsing on pitch

I have some sympathy for the poor fellow, though. He had played almost 45 minutes of kickball, which everyone agrees is the most pointless game in the world, against a bunch of the Finish, surely the dreariest people in the world. Any one of us might have taken a nap or fallen into a catatonic state.

One of my boys claims he saw a Finnlandic fire a dart at the fellow, perhaps of the type that they use in Hellsinky to protect themselves from polar bears. If true, this might have added interest to the story. But as the TV wasn't even on, the child has been punished for spreading Fake News.

Incidentally, the player is (or possibly by now was) called "Christian". And the Fins won the match. God will not be mocked!

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 06-12-2021 11:14 PM

I found this clip online. See if you can stay away long enough to see what they're talking about. It took me several tries and I injured my head in the process - where's my world cup medal?

Dennis Lukes 06-13-2021 01:24 AM

I'll stop being offended by the Negro on the Finnish team when there's a white on the Ethiopian team. Or a Mexican on the Kenyan team. Might as well go whole hog and put a Navajo on the Ugandan team and an Aborigine and a couple Samoans on the team from Burkina Faso.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 06-16-2021 05:50 PM

It seems it's not just Danish soccerball players who are being knocked down by events at this tournament. Whatever happened to Coca-Cola's stock price?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3_4usVV...g&name=900x900

It seems that sponsoring Europeon events isn't a great idea when some Portugeezer holds a press conference.

Curiously, the stock price of Heineken beer went in the other direction. I guess if Mooslims don't like it, that helps?

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 06-16-2021 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1285638)
It seems that sponsoring Europeon events isn't a great idea when some Portugeezer holds a press conference.

Curiously, the stock price of Heineken beer went in the other direction. I guess if Mooslims don't like it, that helps?

I wonder if HerbalLife managed to sell anything? Cristiano Ronaldo's brand partners (not to be confused with unwilling sex partners) must be so proud at his principled stance (rear entry if you were wondering). Herbal Life tea - for when you have a sportsman's p*nis stuck in your ass.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 06-16-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1285646)
Cristiano Ronaldo....

How dare he call himself Christian, even if he does mis-spell it? :thumbdown:

AkiraK 06-18-2021 10:07 PM

the guy literally had a heart attack and collapsed on the field, requiring cpr and a defillibrator.

Mary Etheldreda 06-18-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkiraK (Post 1285766)
the guy literally had a heart attack and collapsed on the field, requiring cpr and a defillibrator.

Nonsense, dear. The guy was literally smote by Jesus for playing soccer - one thing God hates.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 07-07-2021 01:02 AM

I guess losing a soccerball player to rapid onset boredom must be a blessing in disguise. The surviving players went on to win some matches (or more likely drew 0-0 for sufficiently many hours) and now they will play Great Britain in the semi-finals of whatever competition this is. The plucky Brits won two World Wars and one World Cup so they should feel confident to beat the Nazis again, as I read in The Daily Express.

Dennis Lukes 07-08-2021 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1286661)
The plucky Brits won two World Wars

Correction: The :usa-fancy-3: won two world wars pretty much singlehandedly.