The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Christian guide to TORTURING your children (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=94599)

Dr Laurence Niles 08-11-2014 03:50 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christie (Post 1105073)
Man, an opinion is an opinion. I have the right to freely think about some subjects. You asked FOR it. If my own personal opinion isn't the same with the Bible's, then I'm okay with it. God gave us free will for A REASON. He left us a Holy Book with lots of true stories, but it's up to us if we consider the behavior that's presented in there is good or not.

You are entitled to your opinion, Jesus did give you free will but if you do not use that free will to follow His teachings as the Bible so specifically points out you will go to the Lake of Fire.

That's not opinion: that's what the Bible factually says. If you want to follow up you own, personal Jesus, someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares, you can. Or you know, do what Jesus says?

He's reaching out, touch faith with Him. Or will you just enjoy the silence of your own, personal Jesus?

YIC

Christie 08-11-2014 03:53 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1105071)
you will burn in Hell for that. We follow those instructions and will go to Heaven.

You're arrogant. You think you have no sin, just like Jesus Christ. You think you're perfect like God. You're playing God by deciding punishments for a human being. You think you know who will go in Hell and who in Heaven , when you know nothing. Can't you see you're pretending to be God, at some point? When you're nothing like God. You're inferior to Him, but you can't accept that only God has no sin. Arrogance is the new term for the first sin ever made by Lucifer. And that's what you are, old man. Arrogant. And selfish. You think only those who aren't Baptists are sinners, and you are not. You're not a true christian. You want to be in Heaven only to laugh at those who are in Hell. You've got an e-medal for that.

Go outside, Old man. Once again I'm telling you the world changed. And once again, I'm telling you to wake up. We have the right to have opinions and to think. No one will burn in Hell just because he or she has a different opinion of yours. And stop telling me that your opinion is based on the Bible and you're right. The Bible also tells you incest is a sin, though three girls having sex with their dad as a sign of "respect" is perfectly okay.

Dr Laurence Niles 08-11-2014 04:12 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
I see you have not had the courtesy to reply to my points.

I smell an atheist troll having a laugh at our most cherished beliefs :nono:

As the kids say 'hater filled people are full of haters'

YIC

Christie 08-11-2014 04:27 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Your smells are wrong. Just because I haven't read the Bible doesn't mean I don't believe in God.

I don't hate, but it seems that you guys are filled with hate. If you say something like "You're gonna burn in hell" to someone, it doesn't matter who you tell that to, well that's hate.

I didn't respond to your message because I didn't want to. I felt like there's nothing else to say.

Zechariah Smyth 08-11-2014 04:30 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christie (Post 1105084)
Your smells are wrong. Just because I haven't read the Bible doesn't mean I don't believe in God.

I don't hate, but it seems that you guys are filled with hate. If you say something like "You're gonna burn in hell" to someone, it doesn't matter who you tell that to, well that's hate.

I didn't respond to your message because I didn't want to. I felt like there's nothing else to say.

If a True Christian™ asks you a question and you refuse to answer, I'm worried that you might be asked to leave.

:(

Didymus Much 08-11-2014 04:39 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christie (Post 1105084)
...Just because I haven't read the Bible doesn't mean I don't believe in God...

:huh: Your ignorance will be no defence.

James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Just claiming to believe in God is worthless.

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

How are you supposed to do that if you don't know what it is, which you don't if you've never read the Bible?

Mary Etheldreda 08-11-2014 05:24 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christie (Post 1105084)
Your smells are wrong. Just because I haven't read the Bible doesn't mean I don't believe in God.

Well goodness dear, if you don't read the Holy Bible, how can you know who God even is? Do you believe in God because you just so happened to have been born and raised in a society that believes in Him? What if you had been born in Iraq? Would you be so careless with your soul and believe in Allah? What if you had been born in India? Would you be so careless with your soul and believe in the Hindu gods? Why do you trust your soul to modern society's fantasy of some liberal, hippy, free-lovin' Jesus? Why are you so careless with the most important thing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christie (Post 1105084)
I don't hate, but it seems that you guys are filled with hate. If you say something like "You're gonna burn in hell" to someone, it doesn't matter who you tell that to, well that's hate.

When I tell my child not to place his hand on the hot stove burner, I don't hate him. I tell him to warn him, because I love him and I don't want him to suffer. You'd rather I just watch him do it and then ignore his pain?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christie (Post 1105084)
I didn't respond to your message because I didn't want to. I felt like there's nothing else to say.

Some Christian you are. You can't even give a reason for your hope (1 Peter 3:15) and so you slink away amid accusations of hate and intolerance. Do you even know what you believe? Do you even know why?

Cranky Old Man 08-11-2014 09:24 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christie (Post 1105084)
Just because I haven't read the Bible doesn't mean I don't believe in God.

True. You can believe in God without reading the Bible. However to worship God, as He requires from all of us, you need to read the Bible. See the difference? Why would God allow you in Heaven if you are too lazy to read His Holy Book? Why do you think He created the Bible? Surely not to be ignored...

Quote:

If you say something like "You're gonna burn in hell" to someone, it doesn't matter who you tell that to, well that's hate.
No, it's not hate. It's a loving Christian warning. Just like you warn a toddler not to cross the street. IF you refuse to read the Bible and obey God you will burn in Hell. And this is written in the Bible over and over and over again so every True Christian knows this to be the ultimate truth. But ultimately the choice is yours. God gave you free will to decide between reading His Bible, obeying His word and going to Heaven or ignoring His Holy Word and burning in Hell. Be smart and read His Bible. It will be the most important thing you ever do.

Pastor Ezekiel 08-12-2014 02:10 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christie (Post 1105084)
If you say something like "You're gonna burn in hell" to someone, it doesn't matter who you tell that to, well that's hate.

What if Jesus says it? Does that make Him hateful? :huh:

Quote:

Matthew 13:41-42
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.


Christie 08-12-2014 08:33 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1105176)
What if Jesus says it? Does that make Him hateful? :huh:

On this forum is already a list FULL of things you think God hates. And so many of you agree with it. There are not only things, but people. You made God hateful.

Dr Laurence Niles 08-12-2014 08:38 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christie (Post 1105234)
On this forum is already a list FULL of things you think God hates. And so many of you agree with it. There are not only things, but people. You made God hateful.

How can you say such a thing? When is quoting what the Bible says hateful?

The Bible (which you have not read as you have stated) tells us clearly that Jesus sends people to the Lake of Fire for not following His ways.

It is there is black and white. Or do you think that when Jesus inspired men to put into words the most important message in the 6000 year history of the Universe He got it wrong?

Jesus is perfect. If the Bible was wrong do you think He is too weak to fix it? You have such a low opinion of Our Lord for such a young person.

If you don't like what Jesus says go away and become a hate filled atheists :thumbdown:

YIC

Mckenzie 08-13-2014 07:33 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
This is a guide I will most surely cherish when I finally am blessed enough to have a child with my future husband. I believe that these ways are all good and that God definitely approves. My opinion however is not nearly as important as my husband's will be!

Paul Tarzan 08-13-2014 07:39 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
All who claim Scripture enables us to abuse others...just know that Satan can twist Scripture to suit his own purpose too. (see Matthew 4:6 and Luke 4:9-11)

Mary Etheldreda 08-13-2014 07:55 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1105458)
All who claim Scripture enables us to abuse others...just know that Satan can twist Scripture to suit his own purpose too. (see Matthew 4:6 and Luke 4:9-11)

Who's "us"? Scripture invites the True Christian™ to be Saved. There is no "abuse" in Salvation.

Attila's Wife 08-13-2014 07:57 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1105458)
All who claim Scripture enables us to abuse others...just know that Satan can twist Scripture to suit his own purpose too. (see Matthew 4:6 and Luke 4:9-11)

Hello Mr Tarzan. I see you have only been away from the site for 6 months - we weren't expecting you back so soon. Did the parole board give you time off for good behavior? Well done!

YiC
AW
:jesus:

Paul Tarzan 08-13-2014 08:24 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila's Wife (Post 1105462)
Hello Mr Tarzan. I see you have only been away from the site for 6 months - we weren't expecting you back so soon. Did the parole board give you time off for good behavior? Well done!

YiC
AW
:jesus:

The six months I took off were spent in prayer and contemplation, wondering whether I should keep this ministry up. However, I decided it was the Lord's will that I continue...and my goal is to win over as many people as I can to Him, however I can!

Attila's Wife 08-13-2014 08:50 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1105472)
The six months I took off were spent in prayer and contemplation

Indeed, our Lord sometimes works in mysterious ways (though as a rule He is perfectly straightforward) and gives sinners the solitary time they need to think and repent their fluffy bunny ways. I am glad that you profited from your time in the correctional facility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1105472)
However, I decided it was the Lord's will that I continue...and my goal is to win over as many people as I can to Him, however I can!

It was going so well right up until "however I can". :thumbdown: Please, dear, do not confuse your own pathetic delusions, your personal, convenient interpretation of the Bible, with God's Holy Word as set out in the KJV.

I will pray for you.

YiC
AW
:jesus:

Pastor Isaac Peters 08-13-2014 10:27 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1105458)
All who claim Scripture enables us to abuse others...just know that Satan can twist Scripture to suit his own purpose too. (see Matthew 4:6 and Luke 4:9-11)

I routinely hear that non-argument from liberal false Christians when shown the Bible passages that contradict their beliefs. They don't explain how those Bible passages have been twisted or even define "twist" beyond "to quote in a manner that is inconvenient to me."

If any Bible passage that someone didn't like could be dismissed with "Satan can twist Scripture to suit his own purpose," then all discussion of the Bible would come to a screeching halt, and the Bible itself would become useless. Then again, that's what the fluffy bunnies want, isn't it?

Godsnotdead316 08-27-2014 06:43 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
ha ha ha WOW! you guys are obviously insecure do you honestly believe this is right? I'm 19 years old and I'm obviously wiser than the lot of you! you're sons and daughters will HATE you. its actually tragic I love you my brothers and sisters but this is ridiculous to your sons and daughters I say this jesus loves I love you don't give up there is always a way out for those clever enough to find it pray pra pray
#godsnotdead #YOLO #notashamed #everyonebelongs

Mary Etheldreda 08-27-2014 07:46 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godsnotdead316 (Post 1107537)
ha ha ha WOW! you guys are obviously insecure do you honestly believe this is right? I'm 19 years old and I'm obviously wiser than the lot of you! you're sons and daughters will HATE you. its actually tragic I love you my brothers and sisters but this is ridiculous to your sons and daughters I say this jesus loves I love you don't give up there is always a way out for those clever enough to find it pray pra pray
#godsnotdead #YOLO #notashamed #everyonebelongs

And just who's feelings do you think we ought to consider here, dear? Our children may love us, but Jesus' love alone can Save us from Eternal Damnation!!!




Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Matthew 10:34-37




http://thegloriousbattle.com/wp-cont...pel-Sword1.jpg

The Gospel Brings Division And Flushes Out Haters

GLORY!


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved