The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=67449)

Bob4God 07-11-2011 10:55 PM

How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
So often is the question asked by wanderers and the destitute, "How Do I get Saved?"

This is perhaps the most important question you will ever ask.

Fortunately, you are in the presence of True Christians who are more enlightened than you!

All your questions are answered here!


1. How do I get saved?

Allow us to introduce you to somebody: His name is JESUS CHRIST, and He gave up His temporary life on Earth to allow you a chance to escape the damnation He has in store for you!

The Bible tells us that we must believe in JESUS in order to be redeemed:

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. - John 3:18

JESUS is the only way to get to Heaven:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- John 14:6

One of the fundamental, reoccurring themes of the Bible is that humans are insufficient and useless on their own:

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. - Isaiah 64:6

Finally, you must confess your sins to GOD:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9

If you accept that you are worthless on your own, and you recognize that JESUS is the Son of GOD and is the only way to Heaven, and you confess your sins, you can be saved! You are really on your way to happiness!


2. Is it enough just to believe in JESUS?

No!

JESUS, being the ultimate manifestation of love and justice, says that if we really care about Him at all, we will do everything He says:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

You can learn more about what GOD's rules are for His people by reading the entire Bible all the way through.


3. Can my family and friends be saved?

Maybe!

Because of the way the system is set up, it is a requirement of salvation that each person believe in JESUS and confess Him as their LORD.

And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. - Acts 8:37

GOD has given us freewill to either choose the free gift of eternal life by doing everything He says, or eternal damnation in a lake of fire by disobedience.

(This may sound like an ultimatum, but really it's a choice.)

This means that any person who will not or cannot believe or understand is going to Hell.

One of the best ways to get your friends and family to be saved is to tell them the Good News of salvation through JESUS CHRIST, and that failure to comply with this offer will result in damnation and eternal torment.


4. What if my friends and family won't accept CHRIST?

They may be your friends and family, but GOD's sentiments towards these people are made very clear:

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. - Ephesians 5:11

There is no such thing as a good unbeliever:

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
- Psalm 14:1

In Old Testament times, family and friends who didn't worship GOD were sentenced to death:

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;


8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:


9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. - Deuteronomy 13:6-9


If your friends and family don't worship the One True GOD of the Bible, it's time to break off contact until they reconsider!


5. Which parts of the Bible should I follow?

All of it!

GOD wouldn't have wrote it down otherwise!

What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it. - Deuteronomy 12:32

If you break just one point of the law, it's just like you've broken them all:

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
- James 2:10

This includes the Old Testament:

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
- Romans 15:4


6. Is there an unpardonable sin?

If you turn away from GOD's Spirit, how can you receive salvation?

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. - Mark 3:28-29


7. Where can I learn more?

Christian Advice and Messages of Hope! GOD's Greatest Hits!

The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)

You Knew NOTHING Of Morality Before You Came Here

Who are our neighbors? Who are our brothers and sisters? Who are we to love?

StarvinMarvin 08-17-2011 03:34 PM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
This was very well spoken, thank you!

GodKnight 10-03-2011 05:39 AM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Your words are true Bob, I hope everyone gets a chance to read this. Keep doing what you are doing and spread the truth.

Timothy Parker 10-05-2011 05:13 AM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
I have read this post to it's entirety.

I DO accept Jesus as my LORD and Savior, and know that I am weak and worthless without him.

prairieboss 10-14-2011 06:13 PM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob4God (Post 773849)


2. Is it enough just to believe in JESUS?


No!


JESUS, being the ultimate manifestation of love and justice, says that if we really care about Him at all, we will do everything He says:


If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15


You can learn more about what GOD's rules are for His people by reading the entire Bible all the way through.



I do not agree with your works-salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9 states: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. We are saved by grace through faith, otherwise we could boast of our good works. There will be no one who ever stands before Jesus who will say, "Jesus, what you did on the cross was great, but it was not enough to deliver me. Thank Goodness I kept the commandments, too!"


Sinners cannot contribute to the finished work that Christ did on the cross. We are not saved by faith in the Son of God AND keeping the commandments. The very reason that Jesus had to die on the cross was because we could not keep the commandments. Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, had to pay our sin-debt because we were without hope: Israel proved through thousands of years and thousands of animal sacrifices for sin that we could not keep the commandments.


2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 states that God has chosen us to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth. Our righteousness comes from faith in the Son of God. Romans 10:4 states: For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.


If we love God, we will attempt to keep His commandments, but ultimately we will fail, as Israel demonstrated in the Old Testament. Out of love we will attempt to please God by keeping His commandments, but if the attempt to keep His commandments is motivated by anything other than love, then it is the act of someone trying to earn salvation through good works. Should we do good works? Yes. Should we be obedient to God? Yes. But should we trust in our obedience and good works PLUS faith in the Son of God to earn us salvation? No.


Perhaps I misunderstand the Holy Scriptures, please demonstrate the verses that state that faith in what the Son of God did on the cross was not sufficent alone for salvation.




Proclaiming the truth world-wide and 24 hours per day, because the truth cannot be refuted--only denied,


Brian W. Schrader Heb.6:15 [possible porn link removed]

James Hutchins 10-14-2011 06:32 PM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
More copy/paste??? What you, some sort of porn spammer?

Bible Student 10-14-2011 07:55 PM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by prairieboss (Post 806015)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob4God http://www.landoverbaptist.net/image...s/viewpost.gif


2. Is it enough just to believe in JESUS?


No!


JESUS, being the ultimate manifestation of love and justice, says that if we really care about Him at all, we will do everything He says:


If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15


You can learn more about what GOD's rules are for His people by reading the entire Bible all the way through.
I do not agree with your works-salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9 states: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. We are saved by grace through faith, otherwise we could boast of our good works. There will be no one who ever stands before Jesus who will say, "Jesus, what you did on the cross was great, but it was not enough to deliver me. Thank Goodness I kept the commandments, too!"


Sinners cannot contribute to the finished work that Christ did on the cross. We are not saved by faith in the Son of God AND keeping the commandments. The very reason that Jesus had to die on the cross was because we could not keep the commandments. Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, had to pay our sin-debt because we were without hope: Israel proved through thousands of years and thousands of animal sacrifices for sin that we could not keep the commandments.


2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 states that God has chosen us to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth. Our righteousness comes from faith in the Son of God. Romans 10:4 states: For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.


If we love God, we will attempt to keep His commandments, but ultimately we will fail, as Israel demonstrated in the Old Testament. Out of love we will attempt to please God by keeping His commandments, but if the attempt to keep His commandments is motivated by anything other than love, then it is the act of someone trying to earn salvation through good works. Should we do good works? Yes. Should we be obedient to God? Yes. But should we trust in our obedience and good works PLUS faith in the Son of God to earn us salvation? No.


Perhaps I misunderstand the Holy Scriptures, please demonstrate the verses that state that faith in what the Son of God did on the cross was not sufficent alone for salvation.




Proclaiming the truth world-wide and 24 hours per day, because the truth cannot be refuted--only denied,


Brian W. Schrader Heb.6:15 [possible porn link removed]

Mr. Prairie Brian Boss Schrader, does not your bible contain the verses following (the 1611 King James Bible does)?
James 2:17-18 --Euen so faith, if it hath not works, is dead being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I haue workes: shew mee thy faith without thy workes, and I will shew thee my faith by my workes.
James 2:24 -- Ye see then, how that by workes a man is iustified, and not by faith only.
Matthew 7:21 -- Not euery one that saith vnto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdome of heauen: but he that doth the will of my father which is in heauen.
Now just what do you think good works means? Well we have the following verse:
Matthew 25:34-46 -- Then shall the King say vnto them on his right hand, Come ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdome prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was an hungred, and yee gaue me meate: I was thirstie, and ye gaue me drinke: I was a stranger, and ye tooke me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sicke, and yee visited me: I was in prison, and ye came vnto me. Then shal the righteous answere him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fedde thee? or thirstie, and gaue thee drinke? When saw wee thee a stranger, and tooke thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sicke, or in prison, and came vnto thee? And the King shall answere, and say vnto them, Uerely I say vnto you, in as much as ye haue done it vnto one of the least of these my brethren, ye haue done it vnto me. Then shall he say also vnto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into euerlasting fire, prepared for the deuill and his angels. For I was an hungred, and yee gaue me no meat: I was thirstie, and ye gaue me no drinke: I was a stranger, and yee tooke me not in: naked, and ye clothed mee not: sicke, and in prison, and yee visited me not. Then shall they also answere him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sicke, or in prison, and did not minister vnto thee? Then shall he answere them, saying, Uerely, I say vnto you, in as much as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall goe away into euerlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternall.

prairieboss 10-15-2011 05:55 AM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
My name nickname is prairieboss. My name is Brian W. Schrader. My introduction was deleted, for some reason that I do not understand. (Felicity, please clarify my infraction.) All the words I have spoken are mine, and in my own words. I am a fellow Iowan, but I find the treatment I have received as a member of the body of Christ shameful. That is right: I am a saved Christian, an Iowan, and an American; therefore, I am used to freedom of speech, which seems to be restricted here at the Landover Forum. Being a Baptist, I find it disconcerting that you question my word as a believer. I love Jesus, and have been saved for most of the 49 years that I have been on this Earth.

If this repy message gets me banned, then so be it. Jesus did not restrict free speech; therefore, Christ being our example, I do not see why the Landover Forum would find it necessary to restrict the free speech of me, a Baptist, and a brother in Christ. I could understand your behavior if you were Jehovah's Witnesses, or if I were unsaved, but neither are true. I do not feel the love of the Holy Spirit. If you are saved, and we are all part of the same body of Christ, then we ought to love each other. 1 John 5:1; 1 John 4:11-12. I am not unsaved. Christians hate sin, not sinners.

Regardless, I will have no hard feelings toward any of you if I am banned. If I said anything that appeared mean-spirited I apologize, for it was not my intention.

Now my reply:

Regarding your Scripture from the book of James, the context clearly speaks to being justified before men, not God. If someone says to you “I am hungry,” and you say “Be fed,” but then you give him no bread, that does not justify you before men. Only by doing good works is your religion justified in the eyes of men, because, unlike God, men cannot see your faith; men can only see your works. The context of the chapter clearly indicates that we are justified before men by our works, which is what the Pharisees were all about—being justified before men. And the Pharisees that did not trust Christ alone for salvation ended up in hell. Do not let Satan fool you, tricking you to hell by believing in a works-salvation.

Salvation is a gift, as the Holy Scriptures state in Ephesians 2:8-9. It is stated again in Romans 3:24. We are justified by faith, not works, as stated in Romans 3:26. Romans 3:28 states that we are justified before God by faith “without the deeds of the law.” We obtain righteousness with God by faith, not works, see Romans 4:13.

Read Romans 5:13-21. Clearly the Holy Scriptures state that righteousness is a gift; therefore, it cannot be earned through good works, otherwise it is no longer a gift. Through Christ’s obedience, we are seen as obedient, through Christ’s suffering we do not have to suffer hell: Jesus finished it all. Our salvation, our righteousness, our justification before God is a free gift: for by grace are ye saved through faith: it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9); we are freely justified by His grace through the redemption that is in Jesus (Romans 3:24).

John 6:29: Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

The work of God is to believe on the Son of God—without the deeds of the law. Salvation is God’s free gift. Praise the Lord!

I suggest y’all that disagree that salvation is God’s free gift to read Romans chapters 3-5, and then ask the Father to save you, accepting His free gift of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone.

Proclaiming the truth world-wide and 24 hours per day, because the truth cannot be refuted—only denied,

Brian W. Schrader Heb.6:15 [possible porn link removed]

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 10-15-2011 06:08 AM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by prairieboss (Post 806282)

Regarding your Scripture from the book of James, the context clearly speaks to being justified before men, not God. If someone says to you “I am hungry,” and you say “Be fed,” but then you give him no bread, that does not justify you before men. Only by doing good works is your religion justified in the eyes of men, because, unlike God, men cannot see your faith; men can only see your works. The context of the chapter clearly indicates that we are justified before men by our works, which is what the Pharisees were all about—being justified before men. And the Pharisees that did not trust Christ alone for salvation ended up in hell. Do not let Satan fool you, tricking you to hell by believing in a works-salvation.

This is an out and out lie about the Epistle of James. How about you try reading it in context?

James 2 18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.


Quote:

Originally Posted by prairieboss (Post 806282)

Salvation is a gift, as the Holy Scriptures state in Ephesians 2:8-9. It is stated again in Romans 3:24. We are justified by faith, not works, as stated in Romans 3:26. Romans 3:28 states that we are justified before God by faith “without the deeds of the law.” We obtain righteousness with God by faith, not works, see Romans 4:13.

Read Romans 5:13-21. Clearly the Holy Scriptures state that righteousness is a gift; therefore, it cannot be earned through good works, otherwise it is no longer a gift. Through Christ’s obedience, we are seen as obedient, through Christ’s suffering we do not have to suffer hell: Jesus finished it all. Our salvation, our righteousness, our justification before God is a free gift: for by grace are ye saved through faith: it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9); we are freely justified by His grace through the redemption that is in Jesus (Romans 3:24).



What do the Gospels say about works? Did Brother Bible Student quote you the Parable of the Sheep and Goats? Yet you can deny that is about works?


John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Do you see the verbs in this scripture? It's "do" as in works.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

How can you possibly turn your back on Jesus' precious words?

Jedediah 10-15-2011 06:12 AM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by prairieboss (Post 806015)
I do not agree with your works-salvation.



This is what happens when unsaved trash try to understand God's Word without the Holy Spirit guiding their discernment. Tell me, son, how do you decide which Bible Facts you accept and which ones you reject?

Revelation 20:13
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Matthew 12:36-37
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

John 5:29
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

James 2:21
Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

II Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Bible Student 10-15-2011 05:45 PM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by prairieboss (Post 806282)
My name nickname is prairieboss. My name is Brian W. Schrader. My introduction was deleted, for some reason that I do not understand. (Felicity, please clarify my infraction.) All the words I have spoken are mine, and in my own words. I am a fellow Iowan, but I find the treatment I have received as a member of the body of Christ shameful. That is right: I am a saved Christian, an Iowan, and an American; therefore, I am used to freedom of speech, which seems to be restricted here at the Landover Forum. Being a Baptist, I find it disconcerting that you question my word as a believer. I love Jesus, and have been saved for most of the 49 years that I have been on this Earth.

If this repy message gets me banned, then so be it. Jesus did not restrict free speech; therefore, Christ being our example, I do not see why the Landover Forum would find it necessary to restrict the free speech of me, a Baptist, and a brother in Christ. I could understand your behavior if you were Jehovah's Witnesses, or if I were unsaved, but neither are true. I do not feel the love of the Holy Spirit. If you are saved, and we are all part of the same body of Christ, then we ought to love each other. 1 John 5:1; 1 John 4:11-12. I am not unsaved. Christians hate sin, not sinners.

Regardless, I will have no hard feelings toward any of you if I am banned. If I said anything that appeared mean-spirited I apologize, for it was not my intention.

Now my reply:

Regarding your Scripture from the book of James, the context clearly speaks to being justified before men, not God. If someone says to you “I am hungry,” and you say “Be fed,” but then you give him no bread, that does not justify you before men. Only by doing good works is your religion justified in the eyes of men, because, unlike God, men cannot see your faith; men can only see your works. The context of the chapter clearly indicates that we are justified before men by our works, which is what the Pharisees were all about—being justified before men. And the Pharisees that did not trust Christ alone for salvation ended up in hell. Do not let Satan fool you, tricking you to hell by believing in a works-salvation.

Salvation is a gift, as the Holy Scriptures state in Ephesians 2:8-9. It is stated again in Romans 3:24. We are justified by faith, not works, as stated in Romans 3:26. Romans 3:28 states that we are justified before God by faith “without the deeds of the law.” We obtain righteousness with God by faith, not works, see Romans 4:13.

Read Romans 5:13-21. Clearly the Holy Scriptures state that righteousness is a gift; therefore, it cannot be earned through good works, otherwise it is no longer a gift. Through Christ’s obedience, we are seen as obedient, through Christ’s suffering we do not have to suffer hell: Jesus finished it all. Our salvation, our righteousness, our justification before God is a free gift: for by grace are ye saved through faith: it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9); we are freely justified by His grace through the redemption that is in Jesus (Romans 3:24).

John 6:29: Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

The work of God is to believe on the Son of God—without the deeds of the law. Salvation is God’s free gift. Praise the Lord!

I suggest y’all that disagree that salvation is God’s free gift to read Romans chapters 3-5, and then ask the Father to save you, accepting His free gift of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone.

Proclaiming the truth world-wide and 24 hours per day, because the truth cannot be refuted—only denied,

Brian W. Schrader Heb.6:15 [possible porn link removed]

So you are one of those cherry-picking Christians, chosing only parts of the Bible you like. You completely ignored Jesus' own words as found in the Matthew verses I provided.

Furthermore I don't think you understand what "good works of the law" means. They have nothing to do with the good works required by Jesus as per Matthew.

And you ignored all the other verses I quoted. I hope you enjoy your stay in Hell.

Gloria 11-02-2011 03:33 AM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
My son said he just found Jesus, and that he was behind the sofa the whole time! Ha ha ha, kids say the darndest things. But now you have to excuse me, I have to go whoop his little blasphemous butt!!!:jesus:

The Lords Child 01-24-2012 08:02 AM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Thank you for this thread!
I am truthfully saved, and i can't wait to escape this wicked country i live in, and go the the land of God, America.:D

Mary Etheldreda 01-24-2012 05:05 PM

:(
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lords Child (Post 841054)
Thank you for this thread!
I am truthfully saved, and i can't wait to escape this wicked country i live in, and go the the land of God, America.:D

I see the poster has been assured of eternal damnation. It makes me sad to see how many people think they are Saved but really they are only fooling themselves.

Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
Isaiah 5:21


I am eternally grateful for such a Godly forum as Landover Baptist Church forum where real True Christians™ can glorify God and not ourselves.

Jeb 03-05-2012 11:35 AM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Kitty (Post 773865)
If only all noobs were required to read this post before being given posting privileges, so much of the vile filth that pollutes this, Jesus' own message board could be prevented. :(

I hope you enjoy the hours you spend in the Kitchen, my wife sure does.:thumbsup:

All the filth this world has given us must be cleaned up at once, how do you suggest we clean this up? I do not think the simple broom and mop will do the trick, thank God for the 2nd Amendment, let the filth walk into my doorstep so I can protect myself from disgust and displease.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. (John 15:6)

The Lord's Sword 03-06-2012 04:56 AM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by prairieboss (Post 806015)
Sinners cannot contribute to the finished work that Christ did on the cross. We are not saved by faith in the Son of God AND keeping the commandments. The very reason that Jesus had to die on the cross was because we could not keep the commandments. Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, had to pay our sin-debt because we were without hope: Israel proved through thousands of years and thousands of animal sacrifices for sin that we could not keep the commandments.

So what you're saying is, as a believer in Christ, I can have as much anal sex as I want and still get into heaven? That makes no sense, God hates gays, adulterers, fornicators, etc. Just because I know His son is my savior doesn't mean that I get a free pass to anally assassinate every man I meet.

doctore 03-18-2012 08:14 PM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
This was very well spoken, thank you!

Jean Cule 03-25-2012 02:01 AM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
I come from a Godless land and fight everyday against the Satanic Jew Homo Heathens who try to sodomise our Godly children with AIDS, I follow a Christian lifestyle as i do not want to go to hell with filthy AIDS-ridden jew negroes raping my backdoor. Each day i discipline my wife and kids to show them THE ONLY GOOD PATH IN LIFE, although my kids dare to complain sometimes, i usually beat them with my Family rod until they understand that i just do it because love them and if that's not enough, i'll lock them up in my basement and force them to watch 'A Serbian Film' to show them what will happen if they do not obey me, sometimes i'll mute the film and recite them verses while i beat em with my rod, i found that after a day of two they'll usually listen but anyway i have seen the people here and found them to be Godly. We are the only reasonable Christians in the world and we've got to prove it, Brothers

Greetings, Jean Cule

Abraham Meekly 04-12-2012 09:24 PM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner and unable to save myself. I believe that You love me and that You sent Your Son Jesus to die on the cross for my sins. And, that You raised Jesus from the dead and seated Him at Your right side in heaven. I confess Jesus as my Lord and believe that God raised Him from the dead. I thank you for making me a new creature in Christ Jesus.

And Lord, I repent of my sins and ask You to forgive me of all my sins. Thank you for Your forgiveness and cleansing of my soul. I also ask that You help me to read and understand the Bible. To attend a Church that loves You and upholds the Bible as the inerrant inspired Word of God. And, I purpose to yield to thy Holy Spirit to lead me into all Truth and Righteousness. In Jesus name. I pray. Amen!

James Hutchins 04-12-2012 09:50 PM

Re: How Do I get Saved? A Guide for the Lost!
 
Welcome friend! How many sons have your eruptions by the grace of Jesus has God seen fit to enable you wife to deliver alive?


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved