The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   CW's New Hit, "Supernatural": Teaching Children Salt is the New God (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=90638)

Mary Etheldreda 06-04-2013 06:41 PM

CW's New Hit, "Supernatural": Teaching Children Salt is the New God

Friends, I've just heard about a new tv show on the cable stations called "Supernatural." Now, by the name of it, you'd think maybe it could be a good thing. With people leaving the True Faith™ faster than ever before, it would be fine to offer a show encouraging our youth to remember that things that cannot be explained are because there is a supernatural reality to which most people are blind. Sadly, this show goes about it all wrong. Rather than point our lost youth to Jesus, it points them, to SALT of all things.

Images From The Show

http://wormholeriders.net/spn/wp-con...le-Of-Salt.jpg

http://spoki.tvnet.lv/upload2/articl...disimies-7.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa..._image__7_.jpg
These two boys are the "heroes." Note the lack of Cross, Bible,
or any other Godly resource for fighting demonic forces. Note also the SALT.

Reaction Of Impressionable Youth

Now I'm no theologian, but when I look to the Holy Bible to see what the LORD thinks about salt, I cannot find anything about fighting demons. So what does the Word of God say about demonic attacks?

We know demons are real. Satan and his demons look to destroy and deceive all those who follow and worship God (1 Peter 5:8; 2 Corinthians 11:14-15). The demons are described as evil spirits (Matthew 10:1), unclean spirits (Mark 1:27), and angels of Satan (Revelation 12:9). Satan and his demons deceive the world (2 Corinthians 4:4), attack Christians (2 Corinthians 12:7; 1 Peter 5:8), and combat the holy angels (Revelation 12:4-9).

To learn how we humans can protect ourselves (hint: not with salt), I would encourage you to read Pastor Ezekiel's divinely inspired sermon, Christians And Demon Possession

Friends, this show, "Supernatural" is bound and determined to steer our children away from the only means of eternal salvation and lead them straight in the Pits of Fiery Hell by duping them into believing SALT WORKS!

Are these really the "heroes" you want to follow?

Castiel Novak 07-20-2014 12:47 AM

Re: CW's New Hit, "Supernatural": Teaching Children Salt is the New God

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1006914)
Friends, I've just heard about a new tv show on the cable stations called "Supernatural." Now, by the name of it, you'd think maybe it could be a good thing. With people leaving the True Faith™ faster than ever before, it would be fine to offer a show encouraging our youth to remember that things that cannot be explained are because there is a supernatural reality to which most people are blind. Sadly, this show goes about it all wrong. Rather than point our lost youth to Jesus, it points them, to SALT of all things.

Now I'm no theologian, but when I look to the Holy Bible to see what the LORD thinks about salt, I cannot find anything about fighting demons. So what does the Word of God say about demonic attacks?

We know demons are real. Satan and his demons look to destroy and deceive all those who follow and worship God (1 Peter 5:8; 2 Corinthians 11:14-15). The demons are described as evil spirits (Matthew 10:1), unclean spirits (Mark 1:27), and angels of Satan (Revelation 12:9). Satan and his demons deceive the world (2 Corinthians 4:4), attack Christians (2 Corinthians 12:7; 1 Peter 5:8), and combat the holy angels (Revelation 12:4-9).

To learn how we humans can protect ourselves (hint: not with salt), I would encourage you to read Pastor Ezekiel's divinely inspired sermon, Christians And Demon Possession

Friends, this show, "Supernatural" is bound and determined to steer our children away from the only means of eternal salvation and lead them straight in the Pits of Fiery Hell by duping them into believing SALT WORKS!

I am not sure you understand. Salt is a symbol of purity, which helps fight against demons. Soon, the apocalypse will come, and God thinks its not his problem. So this television show, may have truth to it. I was unaware it was now a show. I thought it was a book series written by a prophet.

VictoryOS 07-20-2014 01:04 AM

Salt worshippers? Now I've heard of everything! Why can't people just stick with the Holy Word of God instead of chasing after any old crazy thing they see on tv?

Castiel Novak 09-20-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryOS (Post 1101376)
Salt worshippers? Now I've heard of everything! Why can't people just stick with the Holy Word of God instead of chasing after any old crazy thing they see on tv?

I think cult describes their fandom appropriately.

Benedict A. Davis 09-21-2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castiel Novak (Post 1101374)
I am not sure you understand. Salt is a symbol of purity, which helps fight against demons. Soon, the apocalypse will come, and God thinks its not his problem. So this television show, may have truth to it. I was unaware it was now a show. I thought it was a book series written by a prophet.

Chapter and verse where purity is represented by salt. KJV please

Daisy Mae Johnson 09-21-2014 02:05 AM

When I think of salt, I think of Lot's disobedient wife.

Genesis 19:26

But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt

The only good thing about having to carry your wife around (who is now a pillar of salt) is that you can scrape some of her off on your food or icy side walks, etc.

:thumbsup:

Brother Temperance 09-21-2014 06:31 PM

Despicable. If these kids are using salt as a protection against demonic forces - a task which should, of course, be entrusted to God's Word - then the next step is for them to start tearing pages out of the Bible, shredding them into little pieces, and then sprinkling their Bible-confetti over their food as a seasoning to bring out the taste. Is that really something any of us want to see? :angry:

Mary Etheldreda 09-21-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 1111406)
Despicable. If these kids are using salt as a protection against demonic forces - a task which should, of course, be entrusted to God's Word - then the next step is for them to start tearing pages out of the Bible, shredding them into little pieces, and then sprinkling their Bible-confetti over their food as a seasoning to bring out the taste. Is that really something any of us want to see? :angry:

That's exactly the part that bothers me the most, Brother T. Children will grow up thinking that application of salt will have some physical effect on the natural world around them through some unexplainable supernatural phenomenon that simply must be trusted to work (because any explanation is patently ridiculous to those who look seriously). Instead, children should grow up knowing the power of the Word of God on the Spiritual Realm, to be actually prepared for the War we face (Ephesians 6:10-18). There is a movement by the Enemy to distract the attention of our youth, to point them into directions of impotence and illusion. It is his great battle plan - to draw the love of our children away from our LORD, and instead to believing they have some power over the invisible forces of our world today. Instead, they should be armed with the Word of Truth, not table salt. It would be funny if this wasn't such a serious matter.

Pastor Ezekiel 09-22-2014 12:18 AM

Do you know who worships salt? The slants! That's who! They hold cut festivals and rub salt and semen paste all over their faces! :badmood:

AmeliaJaeger 01-26-2015 07:50 PM

When I first heard about this show, it sounded quite promising. Before I got more information it looked like a show about two unseperatable brothers who at one point became friends with an Angel of the Lord and even tried their best in fighting Satan and his demons. That would seem quite promising, right?

However, when I looked up more information it became obvious that this ridiculous show is nothing more than a way to encourage teenagers to sin with the help of actors between 25 and 35 years of age who are found attractive by young women.

First of all, the show is way off the Bible to the point where Michael and his warriors are portrayed as 'the bad guys'. Even at the point where they discuss the apocalypse, they portray God as a stuck up, puny man who does not care about the lives of the humans.

But it was the 'fandom' that really shocked me. With very little research about the show, you'd already find homoerotic fan 'art' and fans proclaiming their love for Lucifer, who apparently is a really cool guy on this show.

My conclusion is that this show and it's fandom is nothing more than cheap media mocking the word of God. This show is an utter disgrace towards religion.

Galatians 6:7
- Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Dr Laurence Niles 01-26-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmeliaJaeger (Post 1131334)
When I first heard about this show, it sounded quite promising. Before I got more information it looked like a show about two unseperatable brothers who at one point became friends with an Angel of the Lord and even tried their best in fighting Satan and his demons. That would seem quite promising, right?

However, when I looked up more information it became obvious that this ridiculous show is nothing more than a way to encourage teenagers to sin with the help of actors between 25 and 35 years of age who are found attractive by young women.

First of all, the show is way off the Bible to the point where Michael and his warriors are portrayed as 'the bad guys'. Even at the point where they discuss the apocalypse, they portray God as a stuck up, puny man who does not care about the lives of the humans.

But it was the 'fandom' that really shocked me. With very little research about the show, you'd already find homoerotic fan 'art' and fans proclaiming their love for Lucifer, who apparently is a really cool guy on this show.

My conclusion is that this show and it's fandom is nothing more than cheap media mocking the word of God. This show is an utter disgrace towards religion.

Galatians 6:7
- Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

I followed your lead and did some research into the two queers who act in this so called 'show'.

You know what I found?

That's right: anal sex :angry:

It seems that 'The Supernatural' is nothing more than a provocative launch pad for perverts to inculcate our clean limbed young youths into anality with lurid purple prose that thinks of nothing to repeatedly point out the chiseled good looks, ripped abs, high brow and firm thighs of the two male leads.

I spent several hours wading through homegrown literature about these two homers (with ne'ry a consideration to cannon) and it only served to leave me hot and bothered.

Make no mistake. This sort of thing is quite inappropriate for any young youth with barely the wisp of downy hair on his supple you face or girls.

YIC

Basilissa 01-26-2015 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmeliaJaeger (Post 1131334)

Even at the point where they discuss the apocalypse, they portray God as a stuck up, puny man who does not care about the lives of the humans.

I know, this is such an unjust view of God (I trust that your description is correct - I never watch tv programs which have not been approved by Pastor Zeke). Of course God cares about us - He cares so much that He created Hell where the majority of humanity will be punished for their transgressions (Psalm 9:17, Matthew 13:38-42, Revelation 21:8). He also loves us so much, that He allowed Christianity to be the religion of the colonial powers, thus helping to guide heathens to Salvation™ through slavery and such. If that is not a PROOF that God cares about us, then I don't know what is!

Praise :jesus-fancy:!

type typity type 07-23-2015 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1006914)

Although, to be fair, in the extremely rare case that a scientist creates giant man-eating slugs, hiding in a ring of salt would actually be a very good course of action, since if the slug got near you, it would dehydrate and die.

keseos 03-08-2018 11:28 AM

They don't use salt to fight demons in fact they use it to fight ghost/vengeful spirits, for demons they use holy water and exorcism verses in Latin. In fact in the show they have fought a representation of lucifer and his demons. This show actually follows bible lore and other lores to fight all kinds of monsters.

Ezekiel Bathfire 03-08-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1229171)
They don't use salt to fight demons in fact they use it to fight ghost/vengeful spirits, for demons they use holy water and exorcism verses in Latin. In fact in the show they have fought a representation of lucifer and his demons. This show actually follows bible lore and other lores to fight all kinds of monsters.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule of making a living by promoting paganism to the uneducated masses.

You will prehaps be able to tell us, with reference to KJV 1611, how this "magic" with salt actually works, and how the salt "knows" the difference between ghost/vengeful spirits, and demons...:wacko:

For your information Latin is the language of the Anti-Christ, the vicar of Rome - we speak American - a language we can all understand - what's your language?

keseos 03-09-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 1229176)
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule of making a living by promoting paganism to the uneducated masses.

You will prehaps be able to tell us, with reference to KJV 1611, how this "magic" with salt actually works, and how the salt "knows" the difference between ghost/vengeful spirits, and demons...:wacko:

For your information Latin is the language of the Anti-Christ, the vicar of Rome - we speak American - a language we can all understand - what's your language?

you speak English, American is not a language. Latin is the language that the bible was originally written in. Salt can't tell the difference between spirt and vengeful spirit because to it they are the same, for demons you have to do things a bit more special. Also it is not paganism, and in fact on the show they have fought/killed multiple gods from all sorts of religions. And please understand that supernatural is the work of fiction but it still sticks to the lore of the supernatural including biblical lore. And my language is English.

Elmer G. White 03-09-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1229226)
you speak English, American is not a language.

Considering that, it is most interesting that the American language is the topic of great works in linguistics in book format written by eminent scholars of language. Please, explain why your non-referenced utterance about the status of the American tongue would be more valid than the classic by H.L. Mencken?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg
Quote:

Latin is the language that the bible was originally written in.

How interesting! Again, from whence does this valuable piece of information derive? You're in opposition to the millions of people who have studied the Bible in its three original languages.
Quote:

The original languages of the Bible are three: Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.
What about Latin, then?! Oh, dear: it is one of the first translations (along with the Peshitta and the Gothic Bible).
Quote:

During the 1st century Greek remains the language of the small Christian community, but with the spread of the faith through the Roman empire a Latin version of the Bible texts is needed in western regions. By the second century there is one such version in use in north Africa and another in Italy.

These versions become corrupted and others are added, until by the 4th century - in the words of St Jerome, the leading biblical scholar of the time - there are 'almost as many texts as manuscripts'.

In 382 the pope, Damasus, commissions Jerome to provide a definitive Latin version. In his monastery at Bethlehem, tended by aristocratic virgins, the saint [<- never mind that word, it is Papist nonsense but the actual content is still correct] produces the Vulgate. This eventually becomes established as the Bible of the whole western church until the Reformation.

By the time the Vulgate is complete (in about 405), the barbarian Goths also have their own version of parts of the Bible - thanks to the astonishing missionary effort of Ulfilas.
Have you ever considered fact-checking? Ignorance can be fun but God will tolerate it only for a little while. :huh:

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Quote:

...something....

:yawn: Ignorance in its simple form can be cured by education but the combination of being ignorant and flaunting it with grandiloquence is much harder. Of course, it is always good for the unsaved trash to see how Jesus deals with them:

1 Peter 2:15
For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

keseos 03-09-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1229228)
Considering that, it is most interesting that the American language is the topic of great works in linguistics in book format written by eminent scholars of language. Please, explain why your non-referenced utterance about the status of the American tongue would be more valid than the classic by H.L. Mencken?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg
How interesting! Again, from whence does this valuable piece of information derive? You're in opposition to the millions of people who have studied the Bible in its three original languages. What about Latin, then?! Oh, dear: it is one of the first translations (along with the Peshitta and the Gothic Bible). Have you ever considered fact-checking? Ignorance can be fun but God will tolerate it only for a little while. :huh:

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
:yawn: Ignorance in its simple form can be cured by education but the combination of being ignorant and flaunting it with grandiloquence is much harder. Of course, it is always good for the unsaved trash to see how Jesus deals with them:

1 Peter 2:15
For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Latin is a member of the broad family of Italic languages. Its alphabet, the Latin alphabet, emerged from the Old Italic alphabets, which in turn were derived from the Greek and Phoenician scripts.
Americans speak English. "American" is not a language; "American English" is a dialect of English. English is the most widely spoken language is the United States and is the common language used by the federal government. And where did you get the "something" from? It wasn't in any of my posts.

Mary Etheldreda 03-09-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

They don't use salt to fight demons in fact they use it to fight ghost/vengeful spirits, for demons they use holy water and exorcism verses in Latin.

Pray tell, how does the salt know to transform from its natural properties of flavor enhancement and food preparation to its supernatural properties of spirit extermination? Is there something in the spirit that triggers an otherwise dormant gene, or does Satan himself conjure the effects for his amusement?

Holy water, if anything, repels reasonable people wishing to avoid feces in their water (holy water contaminated with fecal matter: study).

Quote:

In fact in the show they have fought a representation of lucifer and his demons. This show actually follows bible lore and other lores to fight all kinds of monsters.

Nonsense. If they had actually followed the Bible, they'd know from the events surrounding Moses and the Great Wizarding Duel that no one can best the Lord thy God (cf Exodus 7:22).

keseos 03-09-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1229247)
Pray tell, how does the salt know to transform from its natural properties of flavor enhancement and food preparation to its supernatural properties of spirit extermination? Is there something in the spirit that triggers an otherwise dormant gene, or does Satan himself conjure the effects for his amusement?

Holy water, if anything, repels reasonable people wishing to avoid feces in their water (holy water contaminated with fecal matter: study).

Nonsense. If they had actually followed the Bible, they'd know from the events surrounding Moses and the Great Wizarding Duel that no one can best the Lord thy God (cf Exodus 7:22).

it doesn't change because that's what it always has been able to do, it all depends on how you use it. And what does that have to do with this might I ask. You are aware that this is based over a good thousand years ago from those events correct. And if you took your time and watch season 4 in this season is where it gets biblical and has the start of the apocalypse in it ( just remember this is fiction nothing is based on real life events, as to say to our knowledge it didn't happen) but before you went and tried to make this seem like something that is wrong and evil but it's not, what it is though is not something children/under 15 year old should be watching nor do I expect anyone on here to accept it but do not ridicule it because I will say this, your religion your beliefs and especially what region you're from is ridiculed because of the way you tend to act the way you do things. So please when and if you want someone to change there ways, you yourself must be in their show after all isn't that what the classic How To Kill A Mockingbird about, seeing from another's perspective and how they think and what they believe or do because to them it's not wrong it's their own judgment. Because when you don't do that which a lot of you don't you come across very badly and in fact turn people away, instead of giving comfort you give hostility.