The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

Kenny Ray 05-06-2012 02:52 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Praise the Lord and Pass the... Wedding Cake!!!:inlove:

Captain and Mrs. Portway,

I am SO happy for the two of you! I'm new to this site - so I'm so sorry that I missed your wedding day. But let me start to try and turn what has been a way too controversial thread around.

Mrs. Portway I hope you know that Jesus love you!
:jesus:
You have obviously been blessed with a mature and righteous husband. Not many 14 year old women are granted such a privilege. To think about how many whores are getting knocked up out of wed lock in the inner cities disgusts me. I'm so happy you will be able to fulfill your role as baby-maker in a loving and Christian™ home. Have you started thinking about baby names yet?

Captain Portway - I have so many good things to say about this entire thread... but I'm just going to hold them to myself. Let the heathens blow their horns Jesus knows the great things you are doing.

Well... I just have to praise just this one act... Please don't think me prone to flattery - and please don't allow this to shake your humble nature...

I just have to say how magnanimous it is of you to allow your 14 year old bride to continue her home schooling while you are out of town. I can only imagine that it places a strain on just how tidy she can keep the house. To any of the idiots who were shouting non-sense about you not loving her - I would tell them to take a hard look at your actions.

Sir - you might not even say that you love her yet... but if allowing her to continue to learn about our Lord and Savior is not a gesture of true LOVE. Then I don't know what is.

Congratulations to you both - I hope you break all previous records for pushing out a little Christian™ army in record time. I think starting at age 14 is a great way to go. I'm praying for at least twins on the first shot! Don't waste a moment! Go go go! :ohyeah:


Yours In Christ,

Kenny Ray

PS -
Some folks say a woman needs some downtime after they push their first one out - that is poppycock - you can keep on banging those drums as hard, loud, and long - as long as you are banging them for the LORD!


PPS - Once a young woman "finds her footing" in her role - things can get... well... if you newly-weds wear your mattress and/or box-spring out - let me know - I may have an online contact that can get you a new one mailed to you in 24 hours! (Made in America! :usa: )

Congratulations again - to both of you! PRAISE JESUS! :gunsmilie(1):

Misunderstood 05-06-2012 03:14 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
WHAT!!!!???? How dare you sell your daughter! Don't you love her?!?! I'm new to this website so I don't know your "ways" but this is disgusting!!! What is the difference between a prostitute selling her body to a man then you selling your daughter to an older disgusting man! I will tell you the difference... NOTHING! Except your daughter has no choice in the matter! Have you even asked your daughter how she feels about this?

Pastor Ezekiel 05-06-2012 04:00 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Misunderstood (Post 882041)
WHAT!!!!???? How dare you sell your daughter! Don't you love her?!?! I'm new to this website so I don't know your "ways" but this is disgusting!!! What is the difference between a prostitute selling her body to a man then you selling your daughter to an older disgusting man! I will tell you the difference... NOTHING! Except your daughter has no choice in the matter! Have you even asked your daughter how she feels about this?

Our "ways" are God's ways. Read your Bible and then DO WHAT IT SAYS! :rtfm:

Quote:

Exodus 21:7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

Jpagan 05-06-2012 04:04 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Please forgive me if I misinterpreted this post, but was the young lady in question auctioned off as a wife? I'm very happy that the two will be soon enjoying their nuptials. However, are there more True Christian women out there for auction? And where?

Pastor Ezekiel 05-06-2012 04:18 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpagan (Post 882055)
Please forgive me if I misinterpreted this post, but was the young lady in question auctioned off as a wife? I'm very happy that the two will be soon enjoying their nuptials. However, are there more True Christian women out there for auction? And where?

No True Christian™ would ever sell their women to a witch. Forget about that. Not gonna happen. :thumbdown:

Jpagan 05-06-2012 04:39 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 882057)
No True Christian™ would ever sell their women to a witch. Forget about that. Not gonna happen. :thumbdown:

I just figured it was worth a shot to ask. :)

But I was also thinking; Could True Christian Women be used in conversion therapy of homo and bi sexuals?

Zechariah Smyth 05-06-2012 05:11 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpagan (Post 882061)
I just figured it was worth a shot to ask. :)

But I was also thinking; Could True Christian Women be used in conversion therapy of homo and bi sexuals?

Of course not. Curing someone of the gay also involves teaching them how to be a real man and a True Christian™, and a woman having authority over a man is forbidden by God.

(1 Timothy 2:12) "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

It's all right there in the KJV Bible for people who aren't too slothful (that's covered, too) to read it.

Nope, the firm hand of a Pastor is needed in situations like you describe.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

P.S. And there isn't such a thing as a "bisexual." That's just a homo with commitment issues.

Jpagan 05-06-2012 05:23 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 882064)
Of course not. Curing someone of the gay also involves teaching them how to be a real man and a True Christian, and a woman having authority over a man is forbidden by God.

(1 Timothy 2:12) "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."
.

Thank you, thats most helpful. And now I know exactly where to look in my new KJV Bible for some more clarity!

But by my terms used, I meant that a woman could be used by a pastor as a sort of learning aide to help the confused Homo. :)

Zechariah Smyth 05-06-2012 05:30 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpagan (Post 882065)
Thank you, thats most helpful. And now I know exactly where to look in my new KJV Bible for some more clarity!

But by my terms used, I meant that a woman could be used by a pastor as a sort of learning aide to help the confused Homo. :)

Thank you for the clarification, but I'm afraid I don't know the answer. In my personal transition from filthy sodomite to True Christian™ there were only men involved.

Yours in Christ,

Zech

Billy Bob Jenkins 05-06-2012 05:45 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpagan (Post 882065)
Thank you, thats most helpful. And now I know exactly where to look in my new KJV Bible for some more clarity!

But by my terms used, I meant that a woman could be used by a pastor as a sort of learning aide to help the confused Homo. :)

A woman can be wed to a homo after treatment, or used in the kitchens of institutions to feed homos undergoing behavioral modification. A woman might be used as a pointer, or a model, but to otherwise use her as a "learning aid" would be a clear defiance of God's authority. Women who convey insight using speech or writing are at risk of eternal fire, and they put at risk the men who are responsible for them as well. It is best that they speak in tautologies and cliches, if they speak at all, lest they flirt with the definition of teaching.

Cindy Lou Jenkins 05-06-2012 05:57 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 882069)
It is best that they speak in tautologies and cliches, if they speak at all, lest they flirt with the definition of teaching.

Better safe than sorry.

A purpose is an end per se.

(Billy Bob: I approve this post).

MitzaLizalor 05-06-2012 06:58 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Misunderstood (Post 882041)
WHAT!!!!???? How dare you sell your daughter! Don't you love her?!?! I'm new to this website so I don't know your "ways" but this is disgusting!!! What is the difference between a prostitute selling her body to a man then you selling your daughter to an older disgusting man! I will tell you the difference... NOTHING! Except your daughter has no choice in the matter! Have you even asked your daughter how she feels about this?

Do you remember this post?

In it you said:

Quote:

I will read God's Word


The reason why we have God's Word is because following our own ideas would lead us away from Him. Prostitutes are just one example of that and perhaps there is not much difference between a heathen or secularist "marriage" and working in a brothel with just one customer. I don't know.

But God's standard for marriage is set out in His Word and He has made it very clear indeed what HIS standard is. So before you comment on Mr & Mrs Portway's life together I suggest that you put your words into action AND READ THE BIBLE.

Odin54 05-07-2012 07:41 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
I believe this whole post proves something:

Christians do what they're told regardless of what's right
Atheists do what's right regardless of what they're told.

I honestly sincerely wish there were a hell, because if there were everyone who supported this sham of a marriage would surely be there. I guess I will have to take solace in the fact that you are all living your lives according to an iron age book, and looking towards a heaven that doesn't exist. While squandering the only life you do have and creating your own personal hell.

Mary Etheldreda 05-07-2012 07:47 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Odin54 (Post 882748)
Christians do what they're told regardless of what's right
Atheists do what's right regardless of what they're told.

Silly atheist! You found that on facebook, didn't you?

The truth is, atheists can't know wrong from right because they deny the very Creator of Right and Good and Perfection. They are nothing but immoral animals acting on instinct alone. They are no more "right" than my dog who cleans his scrotum with his own tongue because he has no sense to do it any other way.

Mrs. Naomi Portway 05-07-2012 08:02 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Odin54 (Post 882748)
I believe this whole post proves something:

Christians do what they're told regardless of what's right
Atheists do what's right regardless of what they're told.

I honestly sincerely wish there were a hell, because if there were everyone who supported this sham of a marriage would surely be there. I guess I will have to take solace in the fact that you are all living your lives according to an iron age book, and looking towards a heaven that doesn't exist. While squandering the only life you do have and creating your own personal hell.

Aaron called me and wanted me to post that I'm happy he is my husband and that my life is good now and that running a small hog farm and being his wife is all I ever wanted and now I have that. So thats it I guess. I have to go check on the hogs.


YIC

Mrs. Portway

Odin54 05-07-2012 08:09 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Instead of selling your daughter, why not pray for the extra money? or just give her up for adoption, she doesnt look happy anyways

Mary Etheldreda 05-07-2012 08:13 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Odin54 (Post 882773)
Instead of selling your daughter, why not pray for the extra money? or just give her up for adoption, she doesnt look happy anyways

She says she's happy. Besides, more money can't offer her eternal salvation like childbirth can.

Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
1 Timothy 2:15

Pastor Ezekiel 05-08-2012 03:09 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Odin54 (Post 882748)
I honestly sincerely wish there were a hell...

Oh don't worry, there most certainly is a hell, pal. You'll be finding out about that any day now. :sinner:

MitzaLizalor 05-08-2012 09:48 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Naomi Portway (Post 882766)
Aaron called me and wanted me to post that I'm happy he is my husband and that my life is good now and that running a small hog farm and being his wife is all I ever wanted and now I have that. So thats it I guess. I have to go check on the hogs.


YIC

Mrs. Portway

Hello Mrs Portway .:)
If they are free-range pigs, remember to look out for dead ones - they hide them away until they go black and then eat them (usually underneath sheds and things). When I was your age it was one of my jobs to crawl underneath the woolshed and drag them out. During the shearing it could get a bit uncomfortable I suppose because it was hot and there were all those sheep above me (I could watch through the slatted floor which was fun, although it was a bit smelly) but the shearers would help to clean me up and let me use their shower afterwards, which was nice of them.
I TIMOTHY 2
13
..Adam was first formed, then Eue:
14 And Adam was not deceiued, but the woman being deceiued was in the transgression:
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saued in child-bearing, if they continue in faith and charitie, and holinesse, with sobrietie.
©1611
How are your prospects for salvation looking? Mr Portway has given you an oppotuunity here and it's been - how long now?

If there's anything I can do for you do please not hesitate to let Mr Portway know.

Kind regards,

Mitza.

Chachmaster3000 05-10-2012 02:20 AM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Christian Woman (Post 863272)
He'd like at least $700 for her

$700 is a bit steep I reckon.

In the late 60s early 70s, I was trucking mostly south of route 82, on several accounts I was offered a so called True Christian Virgin, for as much but no more than $50.

$400 seems more reasonable, provided she's a True Christian Virgin as you say. Not showing up PG by late summer as often the case was then.

Vocaltard 05-11-2012 04:20 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Naomi Portway (Post 882766)
Aaron called me and wanted me to post that I'm happy he is my husband and that my life is good now and that running a small hog farm and being his wife is all I ever wanted and now I have that. So thats it I guess. I have to go check on the hogs

Naomi, with all due respect, i am guessing that he MADE you say that, come on. i mean did you really want to marry an old pedophile who raised pigs? im sorry but, i just cannot really believe that raising pigs is all that you really ever wanted. also, you husband (who i highly DETEST) is enough of a pig anyway.

Mary Etheldreda 05-11-2012 05:32 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltard (Post 884176)
Naomi, with all due respect, i am guessing that he MADE you say that, come on. i mean did you really want to marry an old pedophile who raised pigs? im sorry but, i just cannot really believe that raising pigs is all that you really ever wanted. also, you husband (who i highly DETEST) is enough of a pig anyway.

Many of us can assure you, as we know Capt. and Mrs. Portway personally, she is acting of her own free will. Many of us had the honor of attending their wedding, and although she looked a little woozy at the time (what bride isn't nervous?), she has been nothing but grateful and therefore happy with the good Captain's charity.

Mrs. Naomi Portway 05-11-2012 06:07 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 884225)
Many of us can assure you, as we know Capt. and Mrs. Portway personally, she is acting of her own free will. Many of us had the honor of attending their wedding, and although she looked a little woozy at the time (what bride isn't nervous?), she has been nothing but grateful and therefore happy with the good Captain's charity.

Aaron wanted me to say that I'm very happy all the time and I love him very much and I'm lucky he let me marry him. Or otherwise he said I'd probably be living in some shack down by the train tracks with a bunch of Mexicans and I'd be their whore and then I'd have a real reason to cry and complain all the time.

So I just want to say it again, I'm very happy and I'm lucky too.


YIC


Mrs. Portway

Levi Jones 05-11-2012 09:27 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Merged the two threads.

Dr Laurence Niles 05-11-2012 09:48 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 884225)
Many of us can assure you, as we know Capt. and Mrs. Portway personally, she is acting of her own free will. Many of us had the honor of attending their wedding, and although she looked a little woozy at the time (what bride isn't nervous?), she has been nothing but grateful and therefore happy with the good Captain's charity.

Sad that I was that I could not attend in person, the live stream made it very clear the blushing bride was happy to be there, I expect.

Increationwetrust 05-12-2012 01:18 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
This Thread made me sick brain washed piece of doo doo selling his daughter for money man we live in a messed up world shame on you

RevelationsBabex 05-12-2012 03:34 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
so you all are just trolls? huh.

Mary Etheldreda 05-12-2012 03:39 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RevelationsBabex (Post 884496)
so you all are just trolls? huh.

Why would we troll our own forum? That doesn't even make sense.

RevelationsBabex 05-12-2012 03:46 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 884501)
Why would we troll our own forum? That doesn't even make sense.

Because...it's fun. I mean honestly...no one would ACTUALLY sell their own daughter, lol. lolololol. that's hilarious.

Didymus Much 05-12-2012 03:52 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RevelationsBabex (Post 884504)
Because...it's fun. I mean honestly...no one would ACTUALLY sell their own daughter, lol. lolololol. that's hilarious.

Then why is Exodus 21:7 in the Bible? "And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do".

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-12-2012 03:59 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpagan (Post 882065)
Thank you, thats most helpful. And now I know exactly where to look in my new KJV Bible for some more clarity!

But by my terms used, I meant that a woman could be used by a pastor as a sort of learning aide to help the confused Homo. :)

You may have the germ of an idea there.

A woman choosing to become an ex-harlot could learn how to be a proper wife as she helps a man choosing to become an ex-gay learn to be a man.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Odin54 (Post 882748)
I believe this whole post proves something:

Christians do what they're told regardless of what's right
Atheists do what's right regardless of what they're told.

So it was right for Jeffrey Dahmer to rape and murder and eat young homosexual Asian boys? Surely he was told he shouldn't.

(Jeffrey Dahmer was an atheist who found Jesus while in prison.)

It was right for Stalin to massacre millions? Surely he was told it wasn't the right thing to do.

Or would you care to try your little Internet meme again?

NEXOPIAHATESYOU 05-12-2012 04:01 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
ALL OF YOU piffleS ARE STUPID AS piffle AND YOU SHOULD ALL DIE. Why have kid's if you can't afford to keep them? piffleING IDIOTS!

Mary Etheldreda 05-12-2012 04:08 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RevelationsBabex (Post 884504)
Because...it's fun. I mean honestly...no one would ACTUALLY sell their own daughter, lol. lolololol. that's hilarious.

If you read this thread, you'll see the love Good Christian Woman has for her daughter, Naomi. She offered a more than fair exchange for a functional help meet, and in return, Naomi has hope for salvation.
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
1 Timothy 2:15

RevelationsBabex 05-12-2012 04:09 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 884507)
Then why is Exodus 21:7 in the Bible? "And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do".

Do you realize that we're not in bible times anymore, lollll. Are you trying to pretend you are? Selling your daughter in today's society is a ton different than selling her back then. I don't condone selling your daughter at all. You all take the bible so literally and then twist it all up and then stupid shit comes back out.

Didymus Much 05-12-2012 04:57 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RevelationsBabex (Post 884521)
Do you realize that we're not in bible times anymore, lollll...

Yes.

Quote:

... Are you trying to pretend you are? ...
No.

Quote:

...Selling your daughter in today's society is a ton different than selling her back then...
Do you see a "Best Before" date on your Bible? Jesus' message is eternal:

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Quote:

... I don't condone selling your daughter at all...
Nor do I (I'm atheist, thanks for noticing), but bride-price is condoned by the Bible. All Bibles, not just the King James. In fact, the KJV is more "humane" than most; the verse in question refers to the girl as a "maidservant", where most translations call her a "slave".

Quote:

... You all take the bible so literally and then twist it all up and then stupid shit comes back out.
How is it "twisted" by quoting it word-for-word, with citations and references? Wouldn't "twisting" it be what happens in mainstream churches (like the one your parents go to), where they deny what's plainly written in the Book they're praising?

dogfatrz 05-12-2012 08:34 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Was tax paid for selling your daughter? I wonder how the police would feel about this matter?

Zechariah Smyth 05-12-2012 02:17 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogstarz (Post 884637)
Was tax paid for selling your daughter? I wonder how the police would feel about this matter?

Are you implying that you are a federal law enforcement officer? That's a felony under Title 18 USC § 912.

Transmission of a threat across state lines complicates matters.

Please be very careful how you reply. Be advised, professed ignorance of the law, or claims of "joking" or "you misunderstood me" generally fall on deaf ears.

:innocent:

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

ColitaBinger 05-12-2012 04:39 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofc. Don W. Richards (Post 871018)
Also, you are embarrassing yourself and making a fool of yourself and wasting the time of Law Enforcement Officers like myself.

Do you know how sick cops get of people like you?

btw officer porker; I had some faggot ass cops such as yourself giving me a hard time for a little bit of gods gift in my American sandwich bag and he stripped my new Acura.

He was also Portuguese; not that race or culture should matter in social settings but I was offended by his lack of knowledge on the law, No reason to search me there was no smells or anything out for cause and he wants to take me to jail & tow me car not even reading my Miranda rights he calls a women officer to strip the harlots in my vehicle; The only reason I drove my car home that night and went to bed was because those harlots had no other way home. They can't fly like they want to.

Burn in hell ignorant doughnut consumer.

~ Sincerely ~
Rips4Jesus.

Pastor Ezekiel 05-12-2012 05:20 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColitaBinger (Post 884754)
btw officer porker; I had some faggot ass cops such as yourself giving me a hard time for a little bit of gods gift in my American sandwich bag and he stripped my new Acura.

He was also Portuguese; not that race or culture should matter in social settings but I was offended by his lack of knowledge on the law, No reason to search me there was no smells or anything out for cause and he wants to take me to jail & tow me car not even reading my Miranda rights he calls a women officer to strip the harlots in my vehicle; The only reason I drove my car home that night and went to bed was because those harlots had no other way home. They can't fly like they want to.

Burn in hell ignorant doughnut consumer.

~ Sincerely ~
Rips4Jesus.

Dear Godmocking Whore;

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule of worshiping satan and spreading your legs for anyone with a dollar to post this hateful message. The Holy Bible tells us that we are actually Blessed by your persecution! Thanks for proving that we're right. :tiphat:

Quote:

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Enjoy hell. I know that Jesus and I can't wait to watch you burn in hell for all eternity. Oh, how we'll laugh at you as you scream in agony! Shout Glory!! :yahoo:

YIC,

--Pastor Ezekiel

Capt. Aaron Portway 05-12-2012 05:52 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogstarz (Post 884637)
Was tax paid for selling your daughter? I wonder how the police would feel about this matter?

:facepalm:

The police? Do you have even the slightest clue as to how the world works? The Iowa Department of Revenue sets sales tax rates, not the local police. In Freehold, the tax rate is 6%. However, there is an exemption in the tax code for what are known as Casual Sales. Casual Sales are transactions by non-retailers or occasional sales that do not fall under a businesses every day or "typical" operations. An example would be a machine shop selling a piece of used equipment that they no longer needed.

As Naomi's parents are not in the business of selling brides, the transaction is exempt. Interestingly, if they sell two more of their children within 12 months of selling me Naomi, they would need to charge tax on the third sale, as three or more similar transactions in a twelve month period become de facto "typical" business procedures.

Also nearly all vehicle sales, even between private parties, require the seller to collect sales tax, but Naomi is not a car. I swear, unsaved people are so stupid! :gaa:


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved