The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Christian guide to TORTURING your children (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=94599)

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 12-01-2013 03:58 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonsomething (Post 1044686)
No I am saying you shouldn't rule it out because neither does the bible.

The Bible implicitly rules out the existence of life elsewhere by not mentioning it in the all-inclusive account of creation. Everything that God created is accounted for in Genesis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonsomething (Post 1044686)
Either god intended man to disobey him. Since according to you disobeying him is equivalent to being flawed, man wasn't perfect to begin with. Or god didn't intend man to disobey him. Then how come man didn't work out as intended? In which case god's creation is flawed. See how the bible doesn't add up?

God created man with free will. What good is being worshiped by automatons that are simply programmed to worship and obey. This would be meaningless. Would you rather be loved by a wife that chooses to love you of her own free will, or one that has been programmed to love you? Which would be more meaningful to you?

Sin is any want of conformity unto or transgression of the law of God...

Quote:

1 John 3:4 (1611 King James Bible)

Whosoeuer committeth sinne, transgresseth also the lawe: for sinne is the transgression of the law.
Quote:

Romans 4:15 (1611 King James Bible)

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no Lawe is, there is no transgression.
...in the inward state and habit of the soul, as well as in the outward conduct of the life, whether by omission or commission:

Quote:

Romans Chapter 6 (1611 Bible)

12 Let not sinne reigne therfore in your mortall body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yeeld yee your members as instruments of vnrighteousnes vnto sinne: but yeelde your selues vnto God, as those that are aliue from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousnesse vnto God.
14 For sinne shall not haue dominion ouer you, for yee are not vnder the Law, but vnder Grace.
15 What then? shal we sinne, because wee are not vnder the Law, but vnder Grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom yee yeeld your selues seruants to obey, his seruants ye are to whom ye obey: whether of sinne vnto death, or of obedience vnto righteousnesse?
17 But God bee thanked, that yee were the seruants of sinne: but ye haue obeyed from the heart that fourme of doctrine, which was deliuered you.
Quote:

Romans Chapter 7 (1611 Bible)

5 For when wee were in the flesh, the motions of sinnes which were by the law, did worke in our members, to bring foorth fruit vnto death.
6 But now wee are deliuered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held, that we should serue in newnesse of spirit, and not in the oldnesse of the letter.
7 What shall wee say then? is the law sinne? God forbid. Nay, I had not knowen sinne, but by the lawe: for I had not knowen lust, except the Law had said, Thou shalt not couet.
8 But sinne taking occasion by the commaundement, wrought in me all maner of concupiscence. For without the Law sinne was dead.
9 For I was aliue without the Law once, but when the commandement came, sinne reuiued, and I died.
10 And the commandement which was ordained to life, I found to be vnto death.
11 For sinne taking occasion by the commandement, deceiued me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the Law is holy, and the Commandement holy, and iust, and good.
13 Was that then which is good, made death vnto me? God forbid. But sinne, that it might appeare sinne, working death in mee by that which is good: that sinne by the Commaundement might become exceeding sinfull.
14 For wee know that the Law is spirituall: but I am carnall, sold vnder sinne.
15 For that which I do, I allow not: for what I would, that do I not, but what I hate, that doe I.
16 If then I doe that which I would not, I consent vnto the Law, that it is good.
17 Now then, it is no more I that doe it: but sinne that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know, that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing. For to will is present with me: but how to performe that which is good, I find not.
19 For the good that I would, I do not: but the euill which I would not, that I doe.
20 Now if I doe that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sinne that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a Law, that when I would do good, euil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the Lawe of God, after the inward man.
23 But I see another Lawe in my members, warring against the Lawe of my minde, and bringing me into captiuity to the Law of sinne, which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am: who shall deliuer me from the body of this death?
It is not a mere violation of the law of our constitution, nor of the system of things, but an offense against a personal lawgiver and moral governor who vindicates his law with penalties. The soul that sins is always conscious that his sin is:

(1) intrinsically vile and polluting, and

(2) that it justly deserves punishment, and calls down the righteous wrath of God.

Hence sin carries with it two inalienable characters:

(1) ill-desert, guilt (reatus); and

(2) pollution (macula)

The moral character of a man's actions is determined by the moral state of his heart. The disposition to sin, or the habit of the soul that leads to the sinful act, is itself also sin.

The origin of sin is a mystery, and must for ever remain such to us. It is plain that for some reason God has permitted sin to enter this world, and that is all we know. His permitting it, however, in no way makes God the author of sin. Adam's sin (Gen. 3:1-6) consisted in his yielding to the assaults of temptation and eating the forbidden fruit. It involved in it, (1) the sin of unbelief, virtually making God a liar; and (2) the guilt of disobedience to a positive command. By this sin he became an apostate from God, a rebel in arms against his Creator. He lost the favor of God and communion with him; his whole nature became depraved, and he incurred the penalty involved in the covenant of works.

Our first parents being the root of all mankind, the guilt of their sin was imputed, and the same death in sin and corrupted nature were conveyed to all their posterity, descending from them by ordinary generation. Adam was constituted by God the federal head and representative of all his posterity, as he was also their natural head, and therefore when he fell they fell with him (Rom. 5:12-21; 1 Cor. 15:22-45).

His probation was their probation, and his fall their fall. Because of Adam's first sin all his posterity came into the world in a state of sin and condemnation, i.e., (1) a state of moral corruption, and (2) of guilt, as having judicially imputed to them the guilt of Adam's first sin. Original sin is frequently and properly used to denote only the moral corruption of their whole nature inherited by all men from Adam. This inherited moral corruption consists in, (1) the loss of original righteousness; and (2) the presence of a constant proneness to evil, which is the root and origin of all actual sin. It is called "sin" (Rom. 6:12, 14, 17; 7:5-17), the flesh (Gal. 5:17, 24), lust (James 1:14, 15), the body of sin (Rom. 6:6), ignorance, blindness of heart, alienation from the life of God (Eph. 4:18, 19).

It influences and depraves the whole man, and its tendency is still downward to deeper and deeper corruption, there remaining no recuperative element in the soul. It is a total depravity, and it is also universally inherited by all the natural descendants of Adam (Rom. 3:10-23; 5:12-21; 8:7). Pelagians deny original sin, and regard man as by nature morally and spiritually well; semi-Pelagians regard him as morally sick; Augustinians, or, as they are also called, Calvinists, regard man as described above, spiritually dead (Eph. 2:1; 1 John 3:14).

The doctrine of original sin is proved, (1.) From the fact of the universal sinfulness of men. There is no man that sinneth not (1 Kings 8:46; Isa. 53:6; Ps. 130:3; Rom. 3:19, 22, 23; Gal. 3:22).

(2.) From the total depravity of man: All men are declared to be destitute of any principle of spiritual life; man's apostasy from God is total and complete (Job 15:14-16; Gen. 6:5, 6). (3.) From its early manifestation (Ps. 58:3; Prov. 22:15). (4.) It is proved also from the necessity, absolutely and universally, of regeneration (John 3:3; 2 Cor. 5:17). (5.) From the universality of death (Rom. 5:12-20). Various kinds of sin are mentioned, (1.) Presumptuous sins, or as literally rendered, sins with an uplifted hand, i.e., defiant acts of sin, in contrast with errors or inadvertencies (Ps. 19:13). (2.) Secret, i.e., hidden sins (19:12); sins which escape the notice of the soul. (3.) Sin against the Holy Ghost (q.v.), or a sin unto death (Matt. 12:31, 32; 1 John 5:16), which amounts to a willful rejection of grace.

As each individual, even the most private member of the congregation, as well as the congregation at large, and the high priest, was obliged, on being convicted by his conscience of any particular sin, to come with a sin-offering, we see thus impressively disclosed the need in which every sinner stands of the salvation of Christ, and the necessity of making application to it as often as the guilt of sin renews itself upon his conscience. This resort of faith to the perfect sacrifice of Christ is the one way that lies open for the sinner's attainment of pardon and restoration to peace. And then in the sacrifice itself there is the reality of that incomparable worth and preciousness which were so significantly represented in the sin-offering by the sacredness of its blood and the hallowed destination of its flesh. With reference to this the blood of Christ is called emphatically the precious blood, and the blood that cleanseth from all sin (1 John 1:7).

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonsomething (Post 1044686)
I shudder at the thought that someone would sacrifice their son because he thinks he is saving my soul. I would never want that someone uses me as an excuse to kill his/her offspring. (You may interpret it differently, but that's what it boils down to, isn't it?)

God's sympathy towards the plight of man is boundless, no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonsomething (Post 1044686)
Neither will I end up in hell, nor will I accept the bible is right where it is clearly wrong.

The bible is a book printed on the remains of trees by humans, orignially put down by humans who claim it is the expression of a divine spirit.

Quote:

Proverbs 1:7 (1611 King James Bible)

¶ The feare of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fooles despise wisedome and instruction.
Quote:

Psalms 14:1 (1611 King James Bible)

[To the chiefe musician, A Psalme of Dauid.] The foole hath sayd in his heart, There is no God: they are corrupt, they haue done abominable workes, there is none that doeth good.
Quote:

Luke 12:5 (1611 King James Bible)

But I will forewarne you whom you shall feare: Feare him, which after he hath killed, hath power to cast into hell, yea, I say vnto you, Feare him.

winstonthewhiner 12-01-2013 11:15 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark L. Snyde, PhD (Post 1044789)
The Bible implicitly rules out the existence of life elsewhere by not mentioning it in the all-inclusive account of creation. Everything that God created is accounted for in Genesis.

As long as it is not ruled out explicitly, it is not ruled out. What you say is just your interpretation and nothing more.
Quote:

God created man with free will. What good is being worshiped by automatons that are simply programmed to worship and obey. This would be meaningless. Would you rather be loved by a wife that chooses to love you of her own free will, or one that has been programmed to love you? Which would be more meaningful to you?
Perhaps you care to read that here:
Quote:

Quote:

Just the thought frightens me back into obedience to our sweet and loving savoir Jesus.
No worshipping out of free will. It is fear that keeps you doing it.
perhaps you caer to explain why such a mighty being as god wants to be worshipped? Is he an egomaniac? Anyway, I really like Douglas Adams, and he summed the whole sin blabla up pretty well: 'Your god person puts an apple tree in the middle of a garden and says, do what you like, guys, oh, but don't eat the apple. Surprise, surprise, they eat it and he leaps from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha" It wouldn't have made any difference if they hadn't eaten it.' 'Why not?' 'Because if you're dealing with somebody that leaves hats on the pavement with bricks under them you know perfectly well they won't give up. They'll get you in the end.
Quote:

It is plain that for some reason God has permitted sin to enter this world, and that is all we know. His permitting it, however, in no way makes God the author of sin.
Yes it does. Otherwise he's not the universal creator of everything, but had a competitor. Or he screwed up. Or he doesn't exist.
Quote:

(1) the sin of unbelief, virtually making God a liar; and (2) the guilt of disobedience to a positive command
He ate an apple, for god's sake. That's all he did. Don't make more of it then it is.
Quote:

Blablabla ...... a lot of nonsense
I enjoy a good fairy tale. A good!!!!! fairy tale.
Quote:

Proverbs 1:7 (1611 King James Bible) ¶ The feare of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fooles despise wisedome and instruction. Quote: Psalms 14:1 (1611 King James Bible) [To the chiefe musician, A Psalme of Dauid.] The foole hath sayd in his heart, There is no God: they are corrupt, they haue done abominable workes, there is none that doeth good. Quote: Luke 12:5 (1611 King James Bible) But I will forewarne you whom you shall feare: Feare him, which after he hath killed, hath power to cast into hell, yea, I say vnto you, Feare him.
Again, there is no empirical evidence of hell, and I can't end up someplace that does not exist.

Didymus Much 12-01-2013 11:23 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonsomething (Post 1044922)
...perhaps you caer to explain why such a mighty being as god wants to be worshipped? Is he an egomaniac?...

Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"

:devil:

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 12-02-2013 12:39 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1044922)
As long as it is not ruled out explicitly, it is not ruled out.

Wrong. The account of creation as given by God in Genesis is complete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1044922)
What you say is just your interpretation and nothing more.

I don't interpret, but I read the Word of God and understand it...and my understanding comes through faith:

Quote:

Hebrews 11:6 (1611 King James Bible)

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for hee that commeth to God, must beleeue that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seeke him.
Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1044922)
Perhaps you care to read that here:

We as people are free to disobey, and suffer the consequences. The reasons we True Christians™ choose to obey are many.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1044922)
perhaps you caer to explain why such a mighty being as god wants to be worshipped? Is he an egomaniac?

What good is it to be God unless you have lesser beings groveling at your feet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1044922)
Anyway, I really like Douglas Adams, and he summed the whole sin blabla up pretty well: 'Your god person puts an apple tree in the middle of a garden and says, do what you like, guys, oh, but don't eat the apple. Surprise, surprise, they eat it and he leaps from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha" It wouldn't have made any difference if they hadn't eaten it.' 'Why not?' 'Because if you're dealing with somebody that leaves hats on the pavement with bricks under them you know perfectly well they won't give up. They'll get you in the end.

Yes, God could've put the trees of knowledge and of life in a hidden/inaccessible place, but that would not have made for an interesting scenario, now would it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1044922)
Yes it does. Otherwise he's not the universal creator of everything, but had a competitor. Or he screwed up. Or he doesn't exist.

You obviously did not read what I posted. :thumbdown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1044922)
He ate an apple, for god's sake. That's all he did. Don't make more of it then it is.

He disobeyed a direct commandment from God...I could not make more of it, that's as bad as it gets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1044922)
I enjoy a good fairy tale. A good!!!!! fairy tale.

Your lack of meaningful response here signals my victory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1044922)
Again, there is no empirical evidence of hell, and I can't end up someplace that does not exist.

The proof that hell exists is in the Bible. The Bible stating something exists is better even than seeing it for yourself.

Until you realize the Word of God is true, and all else is suspect, you are living in darkness and will end up in hell. Simple as that.

winstonthewhiner 12-02-2013 10:59 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark L. Snyde, PhD (Post 1044938)
Wrong. The account of creation as given by God in Genesis is complete.

Now you are just making stuff up without any evidence.
Quote:

I don't interpret, but I read the Word of God and understand it...and my understanding comes through faith
If it is not literally in there, it is your interpretation.
Quote:

We as people are free to disobey, and suffer the consequences. The reasons we True Christians™ choose to obey are many.
Interesting. Since the only reason actually valid to you seems to be free will, I find it interesting that you still find worshipping out of fear, not free will worthwhile.
Quote:

What good is it to be God unless you have lesser beings groveling at your feet?
As a very mighty being that can do almost anything, the thing you come up with is making up some inferior mammals for the sake of having yourself worshipped? And it isn't enough to force them too, they have to do it willingly? I think that's an extremely pathetic thing to do with omnipotence during eternity. And that it seems worthwhile to you, too, doesn't exactly raise my opinion of you...
Quote:

Yes, God could've put the trees of knowledge and of life in a hidden/inaccessible place, but that would not have made for an interesting scenario, now would it?
Blablabla. Please don't post unless you have anything to say.
Quote:

Your lack of meaningful response here signals my victory.
No it signifies that you are posting a lot of stuff you have jsut made up or that other people have just made up.
Quote:

The proof that hell exists is in the Bible. The Bible stating something exists is better even than seeing it for yourself.
Please look up the meaning of the word empirical.
Quote:

Until you realize the Word of God is true, and all else is suspect, you are living in darkness and will end up in hell. Simple as that.
Nope, I am living a very happy life and at an old age, I will look back with joy, having tasted the riches this world offers, having made mistakes, yes, but none great enough to damage my integrity (at least that's the current state of affairs) and then I will die. My physical bodyfunctions will cease, everything will go dark and then it will be over. Nothing more after that.

Cranky Old Man 12-03-2013 12:06 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1045157)
If it is not literally in there, it is your interpretation.

You seem to forget the Holy Spirit guides us towards understanding God.

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 12-03-2013 12:16 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Ugh, I wish you knew how to properly use the quote function, but then you aren't exactly Mensa material, now are you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1045157)
Now you are just making stuff up without any evidence. If it is not literally in there, it is your interpretation.

Kind of like life on other planets, hmmm?

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1045157)
Interesting. Since the only reason actually valid to you seems to be free will, I find it interesting that you still find worshipping out of fear, not free will worthwhile. As a very mighty being that can do almost anything, the thing you come up with is making up some inferior mammals for the sake of having yourself worshipped? And it isn't enough to force them too, they have to do it willingly? I think that's an extremely pathetic thing to do with omnipotence during eternity. And that it seems worthwhile to you, too, doesn't exactly raise my opinion of you...

Have you ever been omnipotent for an eternity? I didn't think so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1045157)
Blablabla. Please don't post unless you have anything to say.

More evidence I have you on the ropes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1045157)
No it signifies that you are posting a lot of stuff you have jsut made up or that other people have just made up.

Typical atheist weak-minded drivel. I have quoted God. You therefore lose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1045157)
Please look up the meaning of the word empirical.

What part of "The Bible is the Word of God" don't you get?

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1045157)
Nope, I am living a very happy life and at an old age, I will look back with joy, having tasted the riches this world offers, having made mistakes, yes, but none great enough to damage my integrity (at least that's the current state of affairs) and then I will die. My physical bodyfunctions will cease, everything will go dark and then it will be over. Nothing more after that.

Everything will go dark, and then you will find yourself in hell...forever. You forgot that little detail.

winstonthewhiner 12-03-2013 08:47 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark L. Snyde, PhD (Post 1045176)
Ugh, I wish you knew how to properly use the quote function, but then you aren't exactly Mensa material, now are you.

Since Mensa is not mentioned in the bible, it is astonishing you don't take it for a satanic ruse.
Quote:

Kind of like life on other planets, hmmm?
There is a good chance we can verify the existence of life in our surrounding star systems some day. For the metaphysical stuff in the bible, I doubt there will ever be any evidence to support it. So no, exactly unlike life on different planets.
Quote:

Have you ever been omnipotent for an eternity? I didn't think so.
Blablabla...
Quote:

More evidence I have you on the ropes.
No just more BS on the other end.
Quote:

Typical atheist weak-minded drivel. I have quoted God. You therefore lose.
Weak defense of religious nonsense.

Quote:

What part of "The Bible is the Word of God" don't you get?
How did you get a PhD if you don't know the meaning of the words empirical and evidence?
Quote:

Everything will go dark, and then you will find yourself in hell...forever. You forgot that little detail.
And there I thought hell was going to be bright from all the fire ;-). But no, that's not going to happen.

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 12-03-2013 09:05 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1045419)
...more drivel...

I tried. I patiently weathered your incessant droning, disrespect and blatant refusal of the Word of God.

Quote:

Psalms 53:1 (1611 King James Bible)

[To the chiefe musician vpon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalme of Dauid.] The foole hath sayde in his heart, There is no god; Corrupt are they, and haue done abhominable iniquitie; there is none that doth good.
I did my part by proving with the Word of God.

Quote:

Romans 12:2 (1611 King James Bible)

And bee not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renuing of your minde, that ye may proue what is that good, that acceptable and perfect will of God.
But you choose hell instead. So be it. :(

Cranky Old Man 12-03-2013 11:53 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonthewhiner (Post 1045419)
Blablabla...

I think that sums up your contribution to the world quite nice.

Elijah Mee, PhD 12-04-2013 02:29 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PokermonFan1994 (Post 1043582)
Why do you like making children suffer and being misserable? I was a happy little girl in my childhood years and I'm a normal person, in fact, no healthy person in the world could have such terrible experiencies in their first years, they could become criminals in the future, what they need are good parents and a safe home, parents are supposed to protect, not to hurt

Your parents sound like liberals. You're lucky they didn't abort you as a baby! I hear liberals are very fond of scrambled eggs!

Anyway, I'm glad you decided to take your self-righteous drooling elsewhere. Personally I don't agree with abortion under any circumstances but I look at you and I almost reconsider.

129Laiou 12-06-2013 10:07 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
I assume you're older than me and this post was not intended to display any disrespect, but I want to state my opinion.

Torturing IS NOT a way of saving children from hell.

You said you have read the Bible, am I correct?

So I assume you have read that Jesus died for our sins and the only way to go to heaven is through Jesus, meaning we have to accept that we are sinful and we have to accept that Jesus is our savior.

The government made a law against child abuse to minimize the death rate of children dying from tortures. (Starvation, beatings, etc.)

Humiliations are the main cause of suicides. If a person kills his/herself, do they really go to heaven?

Have you read the ten commandments?

You said that we should obey the Bible, so I assumed you read have read Commandment number 10 (Thou shall not commit murder). The steps you are teaching can kill a child. Any one who follows this can kill their children, leading the to sin, breaking commandment number 10.

I agree that a bit of discipline can prevent a child from sinning. But as they grew older, most of them become violent. So, I think the steps are really not helpful.

Again, this reply does not intent any offenses, I am just stating my opinion. I'm looking forward for your reply.

John Creeser 12-06-2013 02:11 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 129Laiou (Post 1046201)
I assume you're older than me and this post was not intended to display any disrespect, but I want to state my opinion.

Torturing IS NOT a way of saving children from hell.

You said you have read the Bible, am I correct?

So I assume you have read that Jesus died for our sins and the only way to go to heaven is through Jesus, meaning we have to accept that we are sinful and we have to accept that Jesus is our savior.

The government made a law against child abuse to minimize the death rate of children dying from tortures. (Starvation, beatings, etc.)

Humiliations are the main cause of suicides. If a person kills his/herself, do they really go to heaven?

Have you read the ten commandments?

You said that we should obey the Bible, so I assumed you read have read Commandment number 10 (Thou shall not commit murder). The steps you are teaching can kill a child. Any one who follows this can kill their children, leading the to sin, breaking commandment number 10.

I agree that a bit of discipline can prevent a child from sinning. But as they grew older, most of them become violent. So, I think the steps are really not helpful.

Again, this reply does not intent any offenses, I am just stating my opinion. I'm looking forward for your reply.

I'm assuming you've just read John 3:16 and then put down your Bible? Have you even read through this thread? Every True Christian™ on this forum has read the Bible (KJV) multiple times, hence the walls of scripture (in which you have posted none to back up your claims).

Now before you continue, kindly introduce yourself here

Cranky Old Man 12-07-2013 12:59 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 129Laiou (Post 1046201)
Torturing IS NOT a way of saving children from hell.

It seems Proverbs 23:13-14 disagrees with you as do Proverbs 13:24 and Proverbs 29:15.

Quote:

You said you have read the Bible, am I correct?
Wrong! Reading the Bible is just the start. You have to obey 100% of the Bible to prevent eternal damnation to Hell (James 2:10).

Quote:

So I assume you have read that Jesus died for our sins and the only way to go to heaven is through Jesus, meaning we have to accept that we are sinful and we have to accept that Jesus is our savior.
Duh!

Quote:

The government made a law against child abuse to minimize the death rate of children dying from tortures. (Starvation, beatings, etc.)
Obama is sent by Satan to break God's laws. Or do you think God agrees with our new gay army?

Quote:

Humiliations are the main cause of suicides. If a person kills his/herself, do they really go to heaven?
No, they burn in Hell.

Quote:

Have you read the ten commandments?
No. Please tell me more! They sound interesting...

Quote:

Again, this reply does not intent any offenses, I am just stating my opinion. I'm looking forward for your reply.
Your opinion couldn't be less relevant. All that matters is God's will.

Prayer Warrior 12-08-2013 04:50 AM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 129Laiou (Post 1046201)
You said that we should obey the Bible, so I assumed you read have read Commandment number 10 (Thou shall not commit murder). The steps you are teaching can kill a child. Any one who follows this can kill their children, leading the to sin, breaking commandment number 10.

Maybe your parents skipped out on your homeschooling lessons and beatings. That's probably why counting to 10 is really difficult for you. Liberal education at its finest. Maybe it isn't your fault. I'll try to give you the benefit of the doubt for your ignorance of scripture, but thou shalt not kill is commandment 6. http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=16785

Additionally, none of these steps involved killing your children. You're about as qualified to be a doctor or make medical evaluation as you are to be a mathematician.

soulbanana 01-01-2014 05:40 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Torture isn't enjoyable by any means. Look at the Spanish inquisition: they tortured people to convert them to Christianity! Who took their BS? No one. Everyone either died for their religion and died with pride and/or with hate towards the church, or they left. This will only teach children that our God is a cruel god.

soulbanana 01-01-2014 05:46 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prayer Warrior (Post 1046570)
Maybe your parents skipped out on your homeschooling lessons and beatings. That's probably why counting to 10 is really difficult for you. Liberal education at its finest. Maybe it isn't your fault. I'll try to give you the benefit of the doubt for your ignorance of scripture, but thou shalt not kill is commandment 6. http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=16785

Additionally, none of these steps involved killing your children. You're about as qualified to be a doctor or make medical evaluation as you are to be a mathematician.

However, attempting to kill the person through torture and making their life a living hell is breaking commandment 6 because you are tempting that child to end his life because it feels so miserable. If he suicides, that sin is on the torturer's soul, not the tortured.

Didymus Much 01-01-2014 05:50 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by soulbanana (Post 1052535)
...If he suicides, that sin is on the torturer's soul, not the tortured.

That's not what the Bible says, so, no.

Mary Etheldreda 01-01-2014 06:06 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by soulbanana (Post 1052530)
Torture isn't enjoyable by any means. Look at the Spanish inquisition: they tortured people to convert them to Christianity! Who took their BS? No one. Everyone either died for their religion and died with pride and/or with hate towards the church, or they left. This will only teach children that our God is a cruel god.

Who said torture should be enjoyable? Then wouldn't it be called "pleasure"?

:huh:

Anyway, the Spanish Inquisition didn't work because who could be afraid of a bunch of fat, bald, drunken monks taking time away from fondling little boys to stretch the rack a little bit more? When the person trying to convince you to follow their religion is a buffoon, how could you seriously consider conversion?

soulbanana 01-01-2014 06:30 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1052541)
Anyway, the Spanish Inquisition didn't work because who could be afraid of a bunch of fat, bald, drunken monks taking time away from fondling little boys to stretch the rack a little bit more? When the person trying to convince you to follow their religion is a buffoon, how could you seriously consider conversion?

Touché. Makes more sense now as to why it didn't work :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved