The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" - not Biblical! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=37799)

garcia 04-23-2011 09:26 PM

Re: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" - not Biblic

read the link

garcia 04-23-2011 09:36 PM

I believe im saved, i believe in our Lord and savor, he paid for my sins. No man tells me if i am save or not or i am going to hell or not only God is my Judge. I stopped eating the fruit from the tree knowledge of good and evil.I eat the fruit from the tree of life. AMEN!
thanks for all your comments! GOD bless You all AMEN

Meek and Humble 04-23-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcia (Post 738420)
I believe im saved, i believe in our Lord and savor, he paid for my sins. No man tells me if i am save or not or i am going to hell or not only God is my Judge. I stopped eating the fruit from the tree knowledge of good and evil.I eat the fruit from the tree of life. AMEN!
thanks for all your comments! GOD bless You all AMEN

Can Someone Get Saved Using Another Version?

garcia 04-23-2011 10:52 PM

Yes Amen God word is powerful and it protects us form the devil. I just want you to know that I read more the Hebrew and Greek bible than the English versions bibles I read the translations just to compare what I Have read, in the Hebrew and Greek.

Jedediah 04-23-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcia (Post 738445)
Yes Amen God word is powerful and it protects us form the devil. I just want you to know that I read more the Hebrew and Greek bible than the English versions bibles I read the translations just to compare what I Have read, in the Hebrew and Greek.

I have to get to the church to let the kids in for our Youth Fellowship lock-in, so I don't have time to provide you with a lengthy reproval of your errors concerning the Bible. However, I will provide you with a useful discussion on the use of the original Greek and Hebrew over the KJV 1611 from my colleague. I trust you will find this edifying.

Can a translation be as good as the originals?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Samuel Gipp, ThD
QUESTION: The King James Bible is a mere translation from Greek to English. A translation can't be as good as the originals, can it?

ANSWER:
A translation cannot only be "as good" as the originals, but better.

EXPLANATION: There are three "translations" spoken of in the Bible. In all three cases, the translation referred to is better than the original. Since we accept the Bible as our final authority in all matters of faith and practice, ITS "practice" will have more authority than any "mere human" opinion.

1. The first translation mentioned in scripture is found in II Samuel 3:7-10.

7 "And Saul had a concubine, whose name was Rizpah, the daughter of Aiah: and Ishbosheth said to Abner, Wherefore hast thou gone in unto my father's concubine?
8 Then was Abner very wroth for the words of Ish-bosheth, and said, Am I a dog's head, which against Judah do shew kindness this day unto the house of Saul thy father, to his brethren, and to his friends, and have not delivered thee into the hand of David, that thou chargest me to day with a fault concerning this woman?
9 So do God to Abner, and more also, except, as the LORD hath sworn to David, even so I do to him;
10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba."

After the death of King Saul in I Samuel 31, Abner, who had been the captain of Saul's army installed Ishbosheth as King instead of David. (II Samuel 12:8,9)
Later Ishbosheth and Abner had a falling out. Abner, in anger, announces to Ishbosheth that he is going to "translate" the Kingdom of Israel from Ishbosheth to David..

It is obvious by Abner's statement of II Samuel 3:9 that the LORD wanted David to be king over all twelve tribes of Israel. Therefore the "translation" of the kingdom of Israel to David was BETTER than the "original" state which has a split kingdom with David rightly ruling over one portion and Ishbosheth wrongly ruling over the other section. (Remember the law of first mentions.)

2. The second translation spoken of in scripture is found in Colossians 1:13.

"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:"

Here the "translation" spoken of is the conversion of a lost sinner to a new life in Jesus Christ. No one in their right mind could even pretend that this translation is not a massive improvement over the "original" condition.

3. The third translation found in the Bible is located in Hebrews 11:5.
"By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God."

The word "translate" only appears five times in scripture. Once in II Samuel, once in Colossians and the remaining three times here in Hebrews 11:5.

A Christian with even a shallow knowledge of the Bible is familiar with the story of Enoch from Genesis 5. Enoch walked with God and is known to have pleased God. He was a prophet (Judges 14) and a man of faith. God saw fit to physically take Enoch to heaven so that he would not have to experience death. This individual action is a miniature version of what Christians call "The Rapture," mentioned in I Corinthians 15, I Thessalonians 4, Titus 2 and various other places in the Bible. Since the word "Rapture" appears nowhere in scripture a more proper name for this future occurrence might be "The Blessed Hope" (Titus) or "The Catching Up" (I Thessalonians) of "Our Translation" (Hebrews).

It is obvious that Enoch's translation was an improvement over his "original" condition.

Thus we see that every translation mentioned in our final authority in all matters is an improvement over the original.

If you are a simple Bible believer you will have no trouble accepting this. If you worship education or just hate to be wrong you will reject this Bible fact as easily as you have rejected every Bible fact that you couldn't agree with.

It should be noted here that the perplexed translators of both the New American Standard Version and the New International Version, when faced with this glaring contradiction of their own personal prejudice, could not bring themselves to allow the word "translation" in any of the above mentioned passages.

Which will you follow, the Bible or men?

garcia 04-23-2011 11:14 PM

Thanks, I do not want you guys think i am not hearing what you guys telling me. thank you! I am reading everything like i said before im still growing and searching the truth Amen!

Meek and Humble 04-23-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcia (Post 738458)
Thanks, I do not want you guys think i am not hearing what you guys telling me. thank you! I am reading everything like i said before im still growing and searching the truth Amen!

No need to search. The truth is right here:

KING JAMES BIBLE ONLINE

garcia 04-24-2011 03:46 AM

why does it say unsaved trash under my name ?

Born Again Bob 04-24-2011 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcia (Post 738554)
why does it say unsaved trash under my name ?

Can't imagine.
Posted via Mobile Device

garcia 04-24-2011 03:56 AM

and what is this i hear about this web page been a cult.

BelieverInGod 04-24-2011 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcia (Post 738563)
and what is this i hear about this web page been a cult

I'm so tired of hearing this. We're a cult? Would a cult tell you to go read the KJV Bible and follow it? No! A cult would have a leader who had a "special message" from God, and we must all follow this leader. Every member of the Church has their own Bible and is capable of reading. More than I can say for most of the God-mockers that come here.

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 04-24-2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcia (Post 738563)
and what is this i hear about this web page been a cult.

Is your impression that we are a cult? Do we not merely quote the Bible? I would ask you to use the scriptures to prove it.

garcia 04-24-2011 04:13 AM

theological doctrine ?

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 04-24-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcia (Post 738577)
theological doctrine ?

Let's discuss that. How are we doctrinally wrong?

BelieverInGod 04-24-2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcia (Post 738577)
theological doctrine ?

Read the KJV Bible and show us where we're not scriptural.

You may want to read this thread first and all the threads linked in it. It's really tiring to hear the same garbage spewed here over and over again.

garcia 04-24-2011 04:18 AM

i did not say anything about been wrong

garcia 04-24-2011 04:33 AM

i do not have anything against the KJV bible, concern about been labeled unsaved trash, i believe in Christ so what is up with that.

BelieverInGod 04-24-2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcia (Post 738604)
i do not have anything against the KJV bible, concern about been labeled unsaved trash, i believe in Christ so what is up with that.

Haven't seen you post any scripture, what's up with that?

garcia 04-24-2011 04:39 AM

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven

BelieverInGod 04-24-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcia (Post 738616)
Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven

The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)