The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Poetaster's Korner (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   A Song for Jesus and Sister White (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116088)

BrotherLarry 04-01-2019 03:32 PM

A Song for Jesus and Sister White

This is a special tune the Lord gave me and is meant for the Glory of God and the blessing of Sister White. I hope the church will rejoice as it is shared here.

Jesus and Isabella
by Brother Larry

When the Lord calls us home, we'll be His Bride
Down the golden aisle of Glory, by His Side
We will prance toward the throne
Singing in reverent tone
Kneeling at the feet of the King.

I can hear the Lord Jesus call our names
Since we're His Bride, they will no longer be the same
All of our last names will be Christ just like Jesus
And smiles will abound with no shame.

CHORUS:

Isabella Christ, you did well!
You have escaped the burning fires of Hell!
Look as Celestina burns yonder in the flame
Isabella, you've earned your last name!

Dancing before the throne with the others:
Mary Christ, James Christ, Faith Machine Christ
We will see Joanna Christ, Basilissa Christ (if she doesn't marry that Spic)
And we will rejoice with Ezekiel Christ (all of them), Maxine Christ, and all the other Christs.

We won't see Didymus there, nor any of the others
Who failed to give their hearts to the Lord
All the heathen Catholics can just suck our big ol <deleted>
We are the benefactors of the promises of the Word.

(REPEAT CHORUS)

I would like to point out that when the Lord inspires me to write, He doesn't always do so in perfect rhythm. He gives me what is known in musical circles as "license to ramble." I praise Him for this freedom and Glorify His Holy Name. May He be pleased with this since He wrote it.

Isabella White 04-01-2019 10:38 PM

Re: A Song for Jesus and Sister White

Oh, Brother Larry! I've only now seen your darling ditty, and I am so tickled that you've written such a lovely song! Fret not about the rhythm possibly being off, because the Lord Jesus loves it (and YOU), just the same. Honestly, apart from my reminding you of dear Celestina, I can't figure out what I've done to deserve such a kind gesture. Now, I just hope that you will realize the significance of the words in the song and apply them to your own life and current feelings, and repent from any ideas of giving in to nasty old notions. Perhaps an evening of witnessing to a men's group in your area will revive your love for the Lord and re-focus your purpose in serving them Him. Thank you so much, blessed brother, and please know how much I appreciate your sweet song. Very sincerely yours, Isabella W.

MitzaLizalor 04-02-2019 01:16 PM

Sometimes where "rhythm" collapses the term "pulse" (maybe like the difference between the waves and the swell) gets used except, obviously, in the case of rap.

Isabella White 04-02-2019 01:39 PM

Yes, I suppose that's so, Sister Mitza, although whatever this "rap" is, I will never know, nor do I know how it falls under the "music" category! And may I thank you, dear Sister, for not providing us with a video of screaming and screeching. The other day, as I was waiting for the news to come on the radio, they played something by that Rita Franklin woman. Dear God above! My cats started yowling, oh, it was ever so ghastly, unlike this evangelist singing about the joys of Jesus. A blessed day to you, Dear. Sincerely, Isabella W.

MitzaLizalor 04-02-2019 01:46 PM

No wonder demon possession is denied in the secularist community. They even try sonata form.

Esther B. 04-02-2019 01:56 PM

What a lovely song, Brother Larry! You truly have a way with words.

BrotherLarry 04-02-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1248611)

Please give all of the glory to God. I am merely the person through whom His beautiful lyrics flow. Isn’t His inspiration incredible?

MitzaLizalor 04-08-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1248611)

+1