The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=81022)

Redeemed Papist 08-07-2012 10:35 PM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
I'd love to see where God tells us to respect other religions.

Rev. Edward Clement 08-07-2012 10:51 PM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Niebuhr (Post 915467)
Incorrect use of scripture deleted and the use of blatant bigotry and heresy deleted..


Friend, will you show us where the Lord said to tolerate other religions.

John
14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The only way to serve God is by accepting Jesus, who is God, there is no other way.

Mark
12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Your liberal false-Christianity will lead to a path of depravity and hell.

2 Timothy
3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

I ask again, why do you hate Jesus, friend?

Rev. Edward Clement 08-07-2012 11:04 PM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

But that is not your place to judge for yourself the rest who have not committed these acts on God's behalf. You are not omnipotent, you do not know these people.

Oh but we can and are commanded to judge you and these people.

Matthew
18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

I'll say it again because I think you are hard of hearing,God expects and commands His people to judge false teaching and to reject wolves and false teachers.

1 Corinthians
6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
6:6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

1 John
4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

We are commanded not to believe every spirit. This means do not believe every wind of teaching you hear. We are commanded to "try" or test the spirits. This means we are to test all teaching with the Word of God. This will allow God's people to see if the teaching is from God or not. By testing the for a false prophet, judgments must be made between right and wrong doctrine based on what the Bible says.

Ephesians
5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

God's people are to prove what is acceptable unto the Lord. This involves making a judgment between right and wrong. We prove the teaching is true or false by using the Bible as our guideline because the Bible plainly says it.

As a result of judgment we have no association with evil.

You are not reading the Bible, you have to read the Bible in order to read the Bible. That is why, you are absolutely wrong and headed straight to hell, friend.

Titus Templeton 08-07-2012 11:06 PM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Sikhs sounds like Skinheads. I smell some racism there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 915483)
I'd love to see where God tells us to respect other religions.

Some people have never heard of the golden calf. Shame.

scotty niebuhr 08-07-2012 11:54 PM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
I think I now understand the truth about this religion, and the futility of my efforts. I'm sorry I wasn't able to convert you with my limited understanding and scripture mis-use. May God have mercy on your souls.

Rev. M. Rodimer 08-08-2012 12:33 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Niebuhr (Post 915532)
I think I now understand the truth about this religion, and the futility of my efforts. I'm sorry I wasn't able to convert you with my limited understanding and scripture mis-use. May God have mercy on your souls.

Really?

Please explain to me who the Bible says God is, and how one gets to Heaven.

nowsally 08-08-2012 12:49 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
S.Niebuhr I agree with everything you posted. I also agree that these people will not see reason because they are opposed to ACTUALLY LISTENING to an opposing side. Its true. They do pick certain lines from the bible and stitch them together so that they can make themselves feel better about what they do. Some of the things I have read in this forum is disgusting. How can you guys boast about beating your wives? How can you support a man for entertaining the idea of divorcing his wife who has cancer because he feels that's a sin? No religion condones hurting another human being on purpose..I take back all the hurtful comments I said yesterday and I apologize for saying them. I truly hope God has mercy on your souls because you all have sinned beyond repair. I just pray your family has not been affected by your acts.

scotty niebuhr 08-08-2012 12:50 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 915566)
Really?

Please explain to me who the Bible says God is, and how one gets to Heaven.

I'm through arguing over semantics. As erroneous as he may be, Reverend Clement's knowledge of scriptures is unfortunately much greater than mine.

After discussion with a few fellow devout Christians over dinner i've been enlightened to the conclusion that you and your people are beyond saving, and that I should waste no more effort trying to do so. I must say that I admire your people's tenacity in your faith, as mis-guided as it may be.

Rev. M. Rodimer 08-08-2012 12:54 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Niebuhr (Post 915581)
I'm through arguing over semantics. As erroneous as he may be, Reverend Clement's knowledge of scriptures is unfortunately much greater than mine.

After discussion with a few fellow devout Christians over dinner i've been enlightened to the conclusion that you and your people are beyond saving, and that I should waste no more effort trying to do so. I must say that I admire your people's tenacity in your faith, as mis-guided as it may be.

You said you know the truth about Christianity. I'd like you to explain it to me. How else will we know if you have learned the truth?

Who is God? What does He want from us? What are His attributes? How do you get to Heaven?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosalad (Post 915578)
No religion condones hurting another human being on purpose..

Actually, with the possible exception of Sikhism, every religion of any size (which I guess leaves Sikhism out) demands the execution of apostates and other sinners of various sorts.

Have you ever bothered to read any religion's Scriptures, or do you just make up what you think these religions should say and decide that's what their Scripture says?

Billy Bob Jenkins 08-08-2012 12:56 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Niebuhr (Post 915581)
As erroneous as he may be, Reverend Clement's knowledge of scriptures is unfortunately much greater than mine.

How do you know what is erroneous and what is not, when you refuse to look into God's Word for yourself? How could you possibly know what is right and what is wrong if you refuse to read the Bible?

Rev. Edward Clement 08-08-2012 01:00 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Niebuhr (Post 915581)
After discussion with a few fellow devout Christians over dinner i've been enlightened to the conclusion that you and your people are beyond saving, and that I should waste no more effort trying to do so.

Apparently, these were false-Christians.

2 Peter

2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Matthew
7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Keeping company with such filthy heretics has permitted damnation to seep into your soul and has convinced you that you are allowed to make up your own gospel which means you have been given over to delusion.

scotty niebuhr 08-08-2012 01:10 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 915586)
You said you know the truth about Christianity. I'd like you to explain it to me. How else will we know if you have learned the truth?

Who is God? What does He want from us? What are His attributes? How do you get to Heaven?


I've read the Bible in it's entirety time and time again. Yet even as I look now, I fail to see where you find the basis for Landover Baptist Church's stance on many topics that i'm at odds with. Topics such as the extreme subservience of women and regarding your lack of tolerance of other religions I can find no interpretations for. In my effort to humor you, please "enlighten" me.

Mary Etheldreda 08-08-2012 01:17 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Niebuhr (Post 915592)
I've read the Bible in it's entirety time and time again. Yet even as I look now, I fail to see where you find the basis for Landover Baptist Church's stance on many topics that i'm at odds with. Topics such as the extreme subservience of women and regarding your lack of tolerance of other religions I can find no interpretations for. In my effort to humor you, please "enlighten" me.

My goodness but you're a nag. Have you ever tried praying for clarity? If you have an open heart and trust Jesus, He will reveal the Truth to you!
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luke 11:9

nowsally 08-08-2012 01:29 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Mary...you look like a transexual...and a scary clown...o wait..are clowns evil too? I'm sorry, I don't know the rules for this crazy bullshit that you folks call Christianity. The real Christians I know are helping the Sikh community and providing support for the victim's families. You guys could learn a thing..or 100 from THOSE people.

BTW, Jesus was born in Bethlehem which is in the Middle East/Ethopia. I don't know what delusional world you people are living in..but the skin color in that area is dark brown. Yea.. Not blonde hair and blue eyes and most certainly not white.

Mary Etheldreda 08-08-2012 01:55 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nowsallad (Post 915599)
BTW, Jesus was born in Bethlehem which is in the Middle East/Ethopia.

Friend, I suspect you were educated in the public schools organized by the Gay Agenda. I home educate my children so I know they can locate both Bethlehem and Ethiopia on a map. I invite you to look at the following image I brought for you. If you can locate Israel (it's in red, on the Mediterranean Sea - the big body of water in the very middle), you'll note that Bethlehem is situated there. Ethiopia is an African country, on this map shown in green. It's about 1000 miles (800km) away from the birthplace of our LORD.


Rev. Edward Clement 08-08-2012 02:32 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nowsallad (Post 915599)
Yea.. Not blonde hair and blue eyes and most certainly not white.

Friend, do you have scriptures that say Jesus was not a blond haired, blue eyed, white man?

Rev. Edward Clement 08-08-2012 02:36 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Niebuhr (Post 915592)
I've read the Bible in it's entirety time and time again. Yet even as I look now, I fail to see where you find the basis for Landover Baptist Church's stance on many topics that i'm at odds with. Topics such as the extreme subservience of women and regarding your lack of tolerance of other religions I can find no interpretations for. In my effort to humor you, please "enlighten" me.

Friend, it is clear at this point that you have never read the Bible in its entirety. Why are you constantly lying to yourself and everyone else?

We know why. You and your false-Christian friends are under they sway of the devil and are prone to heresy and wiccan practices.

John
8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

WWJDnow 08-08-2012 02:57 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nowsallad (Post 915578)
S.Niebuhr I agree with everything you posted. I also agree that these people will not see reason because they are opposed to ACTUALLY LISTENING to an opposing side.

The opposing side is Satan. You're right, we do not listen to Satan.

Quote:

They do pick certain lines from the bible and stitch them together so that they can make themselves feel better about what they do.
God put every single verse in the Bible for a reason. Are you saying that we should ignore some parts of the Bible? And, if so, who appointed you to decide which parts to keep and which to ignore?

Quote:

How can you guys boast about beating your wives?
We only beat DISOBEDIENT wives. How many times do we have to explain that?

Quote:

How can you support a man for entertaining the idea of divorcing his wife who has cancer because he feels that's a sin?
Why else would God punish her with cancer?

Quote:

No religion condones hurting another human being on purpose..
That's not true. Read the Quran--it's full of violence.

Quote:

I just pray your family has not been affected by your acts.
Jesus said we're not to pray in public, but rather to pray in our closets. Must you constantly twist the Bible to your own perverted ends?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Niebuhr (Post 915581)
I'm through arguing over semantics.

You're the one who mentioned Jews, not us.

Quote:

As erroneous as he may be, Reverend Clement's knowledge of scriptures is unfortunately much greater than mine.
The good Reverend's command of the Word of God is matched only by that of a few Landover pastors. I graduated near the top of my class at Landover Baptist University with degrees in Bible Studies and Creation Biology, and what I know of the Bible is but a pimple on the backside of the knowledge of Rev. Clement. You have no idea how much I admire Rev. Clement's scholarship and the man himself. You could learn a thing or two from him if you'd just open your mind.

Quote:

After discussion with a few fellow devout Christians over dinner i've been enlightened to the conclusion that you and your people are beyond saving, and that I should waste no more effort trying to do so. I must say that I admire your people's tenacity in your faith, as mis-guided as it may be.
What kind of devout Christian would ask other Christians instead of asking Jesus?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Niebuhr (Post 915592)
I've read the Bible in it's entirety time and time again.

Sure you did. And I'm the Pasha of Persia.

Quote:

Yet even as I look now, I fail to see where you find the basis for Landover Baptist Church's stance on many topics that i'm at odds with.
Next time try reading something other than the cartoon version of the Bible.

Quote:

Topics such as the extreme subservience of women
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Ephesians 5:22-23

Quote:

and regarding your lack of tolerance of other religions I can find no interpretations for.
If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. Deuteronomy 13:6-9

Quote:

In my effort to humor you, please "enlighten" me.
Done. I hope you feel "enlightened" now.

Rev. M. Rodimer 08-08-2012 04:47 AM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty niebuhr (Post 915592)
I've read the Bible in it's entirety time and time again.

Then answer my questions. It should be a simple matter.

Explain the truth to me.

Who is God?

What are His attributes?

What does He want of us?

How do you get to Heaven?

sick raghead terrorist 08-08-2012 12:06 PM

Re: Muslims and Sikhs: is there a difference?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 915586)
Actually, with the possible exception of Sikhism, every religion of any size (which I guess leaves Sikhism out) demands the execution of apostates and other sinners of various sorts.


Am i seeing this correctly or are my eyes going defective. did someone on this forum actually accept that sikhs do not demand execution of apostates!!

Rev. M. Rodimer, my view of you as a person and a christian has gone through the roof! :thumbsup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums 1620, 2022 all rights reserved