The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   HALT!!! Kirk Cameron says Dead Birds AREN'T The END of the World (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=57256)

Daisy Mae Johnson 01-06-2011 05:27 PM

HALT!!! Kirk Cameron says Dead Birds AREN'T The END of the World

If Kirk says it, it must be true. :wub:

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01...orld/?iref=NS1

Quote:

Kirk Cameron: Dead birds aren't the end of the world
After thousands of birds mysteriously fell out of the sky in Arkansas on New Year's Eve, it was only natural that Anderson Cooper turned to an expert for an explanation. Enter Kirk Cameron.
The former "Growing Pains" star — a born-again Christian who has appeared in movies based on the end-of-days-themed "Left Behind" books — appeared on "Anderson Cooper 360" to discuss whether he thought the dead birds were a sign of the apocalypse.
"Well, I first think that they ought to call a veterinarian, not me. You know, I'm not the religious-conspiracy-theorist go-to guy, particularly," Cameron said. "But I think it's really kind of silly to try to equate birds falling out of the sky with some kind of an end-times theory."

Chalk it up to the public's fascination with doomsday predictions.
"People love to find codes and signs of future events and see if they can decipher them before anybody else," the 40-year-old actor told Cooper. "But birds falling from the sky? That has to do more with pagan mythology; the direction that the birds flew told some of the followers of some of those legends that the gods were either pleased or displeased with them."
Meanwhile, the father of six says he's displeased with the state of our country. "If America is a ship, it looks a lot like it's sinking — financially, morally, spiritually. It's frightening," he says.
But Cameron isn't throwing up his hands. "I decided to go on a journey and retrace the escape route of the Pilgrims," he told Cooper. "They left us clues to get us back to the real treasure of America and get the ship righted again."
Cameron will share that knowledge in "Monumental," a new documentary due out next fall.

Mrs. Mary Whitford 01-06-2011 05:36 PM

Re: HALT!!! Kirk Cameron says Dead Birds AREN'T The END of the W

PHEW! I know I'm looking forward to the end of the world, but not until I'm RAPTURED UP so I can have box seats for the event!

James Hutchins 01-06-2011 05:42 PM

I hear it is happening in Sweden now. Has the DoF checked to see if the dead birds have been only falling on heathens? I did notice it was only black birds that were falling....

Billy Bob Jenkins 01-06-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk Cameron
You know, I'm not the religious-conspiracy-theorist go-to guy, particularly

See how modest he is? And humble. And eloquent. Dr. Cameron, you'll always be my religious-conspiracy-theorist-go-to-guy. :thumbsup:

BelieverInGod 01-06-2011 10:10 PM

Are we sure about him? Is he a True Christian™?

Daisy Mae Johnson 01-06-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 669834)
Are we sure about him? Is he a True Christian™?

We sure are. Why, we even have a Kirk Cameron Fan Club.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/group.php?groupid=23

Daisy Mae Johnson 01-06-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Johnson (Post 669837)

Join today and be sure to submit your favorite pictures of him. :)

BelieverInGod 01-07-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Johnson (Post 669837)

Okay, I don't know these things, I don't get to see a lot of TV :unsure:

Oh, and Seth said he doesn't want me to "get any pictures" of TV Idols.

Titus Templeton 01-07-2011 01:00 AM

I wish I could be a little like him. He is so eloquent and full of heterosexual energy.

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-07-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Johnson (Post 669838)
Join today and be sure to submit your favorite pictures of him. :)

Done.

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-07-2011 02:28 AM

OK, I joined the group, and then I tried to post a photo, but I can't figure out how. :crying:

Maybe I am not worthy to post pictures of Kirk?

I found a great image of him relaxing in a chair as Ray Comfort holds his banana up to his mouth, but I can't add it to the group.

:banana-dance2:

Oh well, here it is.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RRyCIS5OuD...20/Cameron.jpg

BelieverInGod 01-07-2011 02:41 AM

Well I still believe that the 6th seal has been opened.

Revelation 6
Quote:

12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
So the 144,000 still need to be marked and then THE RAPTURE! :yahoo:

Daisy Mae Johnson 01-07-2011 02:41 AM

What a fabulous picture of Kirk and Ray Brother Rev. Rod.

To upload a pic to a group, you must first upload it into your albums (just click on your name in the right upper-hand corner and scroll down to you album) then after you upload it, copy and paste the URL into the Fan Club group....... Or I can post it for you. :thumbsup:

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-07-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Johnson (Post 670036)
What a fabulous picture of Kirk and Ray Brother Rev. Rod.

To upload a pic to a group, you must first upload it into your albums (just click on your name in the right upper-hand corner and scroll down to you album) then after you upload it, copy and paste the URL into the Fan Club group....... Or I can post it for you. :thumbsup:

I tried, Sister, but when I got to the place to create an album, it said that Jesus may not love me enough for me to be able to create albums. :(

It must be because I'm with a different congregation.

Daisy Mae Johnson 01-07-2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 670042)
I tried, Sister, but when I got to the place to create an album, it said that Jesus may not love me enough for me to be able to create albums. :(

It must be because I'm with a different congregation.

Perhaps a bigger monthly tithe will give you more space at GOD'S Favorite Church. :innocent: In the mean time I've posted it for you. :thumbsup:

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-07-2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Johnson (Post 670046)
Perhaps a bigger monthly tithe will give you more space at GOD'S Favorite Church. :innocent: In the mean time I've posted it for you. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Sister!

I'll ask my Board for a raise, but if they find out I want to give it to Landover, they will likely give me a boot instead.