The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Godly Politics (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   God Does Not Support a $15/hr. Minimum Wage (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=118710)

Johny Joe Hold 04-06-2021 08:04 PM

God Does Not Support a $15/hr. Minimum Wage

One of the discouraging things to watch in today's politics is so called Christians invoking their false faith. One place they are trying to do this is justifying a $15/hr. minimum wage.

I am sending every Democrat in Washington, DC, a copy of Matthew 20:15. In this famous passage employees are complaining some got a better deal than others in a vineyard. The vineyard owner asks, "Am I not allow to do what I choose with what belongs to me?"

This passage applies God's word to everything that goes on in a privately owned business. We are not just talking wages here but safety regulations, hours per week, overtime (or no overtime)pay, health benefits and so on. The Bible, God's word, instructs government to stay out of these things.

Thankfully, the Christian press is starting to wake up and publish views that are actually Christian:

Why $15 minimum wage is bad policy, has no biblical support - The Christian Post

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 04-06-2021 09:07 PM

Re: God Does Not Support a $15/hr. Minimum Wage

If workers don't like the conditions, then they can die. There is no support in the Bible for eternal salvation except through Jesus. So if they expect salvation then they should DIE DIE DIE and try to enter Heaven as a lazy union scumbag. Warning: high risk of being thrown into the lake of fire. Let's hear what the Biblical scholars at Christian Post have to say:

Quote:

Jesus appears to be making the case for business owners ...

... there is no biblical mandate for a federal minimum wage ...

... the true minimum wage is actually $0.

Uncle Rutherford 04-07-2021 01:04 PM

Pastor Ezekiel gave me the same explanation when he asked me to sign a contract to clean his pipes and septic system weekly. Who could argue with such logic? This article had me smile as a hard workin ex-nigra who never questions his wage because The Bible tells me to.

Phil Ander 04-07-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rutherford (Post 1283071)
Pastor Ezekiel gave me the same explanation when he asked me to sign a contract to clean his pipes and septic system weekly. Who could argue with such logic? This article had me smile as a hard workin ex-nigra who never questions his wage because The Bible tells me to.

Brother, Heavenly riches await you. That's what's important. Pastor Zeke missions to the Phillipines and other sh..hole countries don't fund themselves. When Zeke calls, I always dig deep into my pockets. Sometimes I do that even before he calls.

Phil

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 04-07-2021 03:50 PM

Cleaning pipes, reaching into pockets - all this requires training. When I bring on a new girl, the first few times are for her benefit and I dock her wages appropriately. Teach a man to fish, etc (Mathew 4:19). And I'm not cheap, look at my certificate, feel my weighty credentials. After she's repaid the debt which can take quite a few sessions I let her go off to fish on her own in the wide blue yonder. Freedom.

Johny Joe Hold 04-07-2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

I'm so pleased, Mr. Rutherford, you have not joined one of those "labor unions" and used unions to take unfair advantage of Pastor Zeke. There is no Christian labor union. That is because the Bible gives us specific instructions not to rob employers. Money paid to workers belongs to employers to do with as they please.

Isabella White 04-07-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Oh, I am so very pleased to learn of your cheerful attitude, dear Mr. Rutherford. You know, it's this type of outlook that gives the :lord-fancy: tremendous pleasure -- which, in turn, benefits you!

Proverbs 16:7 "When a man's ways please the :lord-fancy:, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1283078)
I'm so pleased, Mr. Rutherford, you have not joined one of those "labor unions" and used unions to take unfair advantage of Pastor Zeke. There is no Christian labor union. That is because the Bible gives us specific instructions not to rob employers. Money paid to workers belongs to employers to do with as they please.

Amen, dear Brother Mayor Hold; and, again, I say, "Amen"! It is such a pleasure to learn of a laborer who is happy to do his work, without bothersome quibbling about minor things, such as unfair working conditions. My; I can only imagine the heavenly reward that awaits our dear Mr. Rutherford!

Acts 20:35 "I have shewed you all things, how that so laboring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy:, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive."

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 04-18-2021 04:54 AM

Democrats always talk about a "fair" society. Well who's going to pay for that? You can have fairness unless everyone's rich and can pay for it. So first people need to concentrate on getting rich, then we can have a conversation about making things fair. $15/hr won't make anybody rich. At least at $7.25 the owners get rich.

WilliamJenningsBryan 04-19-2021 07:17 AM

It's unfortunate that so many people misunderstand Matthew 20:1-15, but it's God's introduction to Economics 101.

Most whiny Democrats get their panties twisted at the story, but this is Jesus' IQ test - just to make sure you understand the Bible (KJV1611). The problem arises because each of those workers agreed to the deal when they were hired, but then complain about it later (typical Democrats). If you don't like the prospect of peeing in bottles as one of Jeff Bezos' Amazon delivery drivers, don't take the job.

You too can be a slacker and show up late and make more money. No health care? You will be able to afford your own ObamaCare Gold plan by making more money. That old "protestant" work ethic about the early bird getting the worm is just that - it's for the birds. Protestants would be better off as Baptists.

While we're on the subject, it's evident that Karl Marx never read the Bible (KJV1611) otherwise he would have understood that Matthew 20 completely disproves his labor theory of value. The idea is to work smarter rather than harder and longer. Those calling for a $15 per hour minimum wage have never explained why it should not be $100, or even $500 per hour.

At some point the vineyard owner will have had enough and acquire a grape picking machine. No doubt that the production of the machine will be outsourced to the Commie Chinese who will use mooselimb Uighurs slave labor to make them.

Praise Jesus!

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 04-20-2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 1283398)
You too can be a slacker and show up late and make more money. No health care? You will be able to afford your own ObamaCare Gold plan by making more money. That old "protestant" work ethic about the early bird getting the worm is just that - it's for the birds. Protestants would be better off as Baptists.

Praise Jesus!

Praise Jesus. If these broken people think that slouching on the street and living in a tent will solve anything, they're dead wrong. If they were windows, we could do something about them but there's no criminological theory I know of that requires doing a damn thing for lazy, welfare-sucking, homeless, immigrants that leach off of us the rest of us Christians who support a strong police and military.