The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Even in darkest Africa, they appreciate the power of prayer. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45618)

Pastor Isaac Peters 06-28-2010 04:50 PM

Even in darkest Africa, they appreciate the power of prayer.

The Afreakans truly have the faith of Job. Despite the famines, weird parasites, and man-eating animals for which the Dark Continent is famous, they cling to the power of prayer. Now the Lord has rewarded their steadfastness with a soccer win. Praise His glorious name!

Unsaved sports-news link:

Quote:

Ghana rely on power of prayer, family values

Kevin-Prince Boateng believes the key to Ghana's World Cup success is that the squad is like a big, happy family united by the power of prayer.

"I've not been here a long time but I already feel like a member of the family," he added. "We pray a lot, there is a big, big spirit and we take that spirit on to the pitch."
Answer that one, scoffers.

Billy Bob Jenkins 06-28-2010 04:54 PM

Re: Even in darkest Africa, they appreciate the power of prayer.

The Australian team however, who is too busy practicing to pray, demonstrates their lack of faith by relying on their own skills and abilities.

Dirk 06-28-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 548137)
The Afreakans truly have the faith of Job. Despite the famines, weird parasites, and man-eating animals for which the Dark Continent is famous, they cling to the power of prayer. Now the Lord has rewarded their steadfastness with a soccer win. Praise His glorious name!

Outstandig post Pastor! This proves that we are not racist and even compliment non-whites when they follow the True Way. :thumbsup:

Mark Christ 06-29-2010 08:55 PM

While the praying might have lifted the darkies spirits, I doubt God would have helped the heathens win. There are too many white teams that God is helping for Him to have time for the blackies.

Father Maurice Lester 06-29-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 548137)

Great post!

You do realise that Ghana, a predominantly Christian nation, is primarily Catholic in its (correct) religious persuasion?

:innocent::thumbsup:

Bless you, my Cheerleader for Rome,
Father Mo

:taunt:

Levi Jones 06-29-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Maurice Lester (Post 548781)
Great post!

You do realise that Ghana, a predominantly Christian nation, is primarily Catholic in its (correct) religious persuasion?

:innocent::thumbsup:

Bless you, my Cheerleader for Rome,
Father Mo

Peddle your lies elsewhere, priest. Catlickers only make up 15.1% of Ghana's population.

Pastor Ezekiel 06-29-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 548784)
Peddle your lies elsewhere, priest. Catlickers only make up 15.1% of Ghana's population.

You beat me to the punch, Brother. I was just about to shove this papist lie down the bead counter's throat too. :angry:

Colbert Mcpherson 06-29-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Bless you, my Cheerleader for Rome

I thought that to be a Vatican cheerleader you had to be 14 or under?

Father Maurice Lester 06-29-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

You do realise that Ghana, a predominantly Christian nation, is primarily Catholic in its (correct) religious persuasion.

:taunt:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 548784)

Statistic of no relevance. I said it was predominantly a Christian nation and this is a fact.

I also said that the people of correct religious persuasion were primarily Catholic. Surely one cannot include a host of pseudo-Christian cults like Adventists and Baptwits as correct now can we?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 548788)
You beat me to the punch, Brother. I was just about to shove this papist lie down the bead counter's throat too. :angry:

We do not count beads we count the number of prayers and the beads serve as helpful tools for those who are not so good with maths and such. They are very popular with the 60 million or so Catholics we have in America!

Say... you do know we Catholics, if you like stats so much, are the largest worship group in...

IOWA!!!

Bless you, my jealous Jorums,
Father Mo