The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Game Stop: A Haven for the Damned (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=113393)

BrotherLarry 09-22-2017 02:25 AM

Game Stop: A Haven for the Damned

My neighbor's son has something called a "PS 3" which is apparently used by the devil to seduce youngsters into playing demonic games instead of reading the Bible and praying. Well, this young fellow tripped over the power cord to the machine and ruined the plug somehow. So, naturally mommy comes to the rescue and wants to get him a new one.

She asked me if I would go to Game Stop for her since her favorite soap opera (The Bold and the Beautiful) was on and she just had to know what was going to come of some tramp on the show. Since it is a short walk, I decided to do her this favor. Well, when I walked in Game Stop I was accosted by some acne-ridden 17 year-old who asked if I was a member of their "club." I informed him I was not nor was it my intention to be and I asked for the power cord I required. He began explaining all the benefits of the loyalty program, none of which appealed to me. I told him that a healthy session of Paperboy on the Nintendo was as far as I would ever venture into gaming and he chuckled. "You're kidding, right?" He asked.

I now demanded the power cord and as he went to retrieve it, I looked around at the boxes of games displayed everywhere. Most had evil, satanic themes and demos of the games were shown throughout the store. I didn't see one thing honoring Jesus. Not ONE.

Parents, I would strongly recommend never visiting those stores and certainly never allowing your young ones to enter the doors. I prayed for three hours after leaving until I felt cleansed of the evilness that pervades the place. May God protect our children, especially boys, from the nonsense that is the gaming world.

Nobar King 09-22-2017 08:20 AM

Re: Game Stop: A Haven for the Damned

The thing I want to know is which genius comes up with the names for all of these companies?

its_faith 09-27-2017 02:32 AM

I thought they went out of business, I dont see them around here anymore. Maybe they are operating out of back alleys.

Talion 02-09-2018 07:32 PM

I can't tell if you guys are trolls like me or if there really are people this idiotic.

Didymus Much 02-09-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talion (Post 1227934)
I can't tell if you guys are trolls like me or if there really are people this idiotic.

Yes, but they aren't.

Mary Etheldreda 02-09-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talion (Post 1227934)

I dare you to find Scripture that supports patronizing such a clearly diabolical enterprise as The Game Stop. If you can, then consider us "trolls like you," and I'll personally eat my hat.

Scoutman03 04-10-2019 09:02 AM

GameStop: Mediocre games and gear for way to high prices. Place can go out of business for all I care.

MitzaLizalor 04-11-2019 07:36 AM

I blame postmodernist deconstructuralism (or whatever nonsense they've come up with recently) in which, having decided that the world spirals about all over the place, anything goes. A few years ago I agreed to drive some nerds to a "convention" because none of them could drive. In their own deconstructed minds they could drive massive Anaconda spaceships across the galaxies trading contraband, atom-blasting even more ridiculous insect spaceships and becoming multi-trillionaires overnight. But an actual car? No. They agreed to cover accommodation (so that I'd be on hand for errands) but honestly. They were going to do some rôle playing. Well, I make costumes and had just stocked up some nice lively fabrics, even run up a couple of ideas on the machine. I'd even thought, naïvely, that I might pick up a design or two for future use.

You will not believe this.

It was supposed to be a "frenzy" (not my words) but I've seen more frenzied sloth enclosures at the zoo. They just stood there looking at one another. No-one was wearing a costume. One or two had cardboard fins stuck on themselves with dragon? scales drawn on in crayon. A couple of moonlighting teachers cocked an eyebrow "YOU!! STAND UP STRAIGHT!!"(points) "STOP DOING THAT!!" There was a bit of shuffling, at least they all seemed to be in familiar territory now. One of the teachers commandeered an empty room for her office (this was quite a plush conference facility) I don't know what went on in there but it sounded more interesting than the "frenzy" and I'm getting a bit off topic but the point is that an in-house cable service was included. A 24/7 geek-a-thon. Music. Dork-themed binge TV. It was that or listen to the speakers. I lasted about 5 minutes of the keynote address before leaving so was able to get a good idea of their musical tastes. This is about the shortest approximation I could find.

TRIGGER WARNING

How could the message of Salvation ever be understood in such an environment? No mention of the sin we're condemned to be tortured for. No acknowledgement of Christ accepting torture on our behalf. And certainly no mention of the billions, not chosen for Salvation, who are abandoned to perdition forever. What conclusion can we draw? That the "gamer" community consists only of dissipated wretches mocking God, inventing spiralling "earths" and "moons" for their consoles but utterly devoid of any True understanding. This is not actually a new thing.
Exodus 32:6d-8a The people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play. And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves: They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them

terranble 11-02-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1249370)
I blame postmodernist deconstructuralism (or whatever nonsense they've come up with recently) in which, having decided that the world spirals about all over the place, anything goes. A few years ago I agreed to drive some nerds to a "convention" because none of them could drive. In their own deconstructed minds they could drive massive Anaconda spaceships across the galaxies trading contraband, atom-blasting even more ridiculous insect spaceships and becoming multi-trillionaires overnight. But an actual car? No. They agreed to cover accommodation (so that I'd be on hand for errands) but honestly. They were going to do some rôle playing. Well, I make costumes and had just stocked up some nice lively fabrics, even run up a couple of ideas on the machine. I'd even thought, naïvely, that I might pick up a design or two for future use.

You will not believe this.

It was supposed to be a "frenzy" (not my words) but I've seen more frenzied sloth enclosures at the zoo. They just stood there looking at one another. No-one was wearing a costume. One or two had cardboard fins stuck on themselves with dragon? scales drawn on in crayon. A couple of moonlighting teachers cocked an eyebrow "YOU!! STAND UP STRAIGHT!!"(points) "STOP DOING THAT!!" There was a bit of shuffling, at least they all seemed to be in familiar territory now. One of the teachers commandeered an empty room for her office (this was quite a plush conference facility) I don't know what went on in there but it sounded more interesting than the "frenzy" and I'm getting a bit off topic but the point is that an in-house cable service was included. A 24/7 geek-a-thon. Music. Dork-themed binge TV. It was that or listen to the speakers. I lasted about 5 minutes of the keynote address before leaving so was able to get a good idea of their musical tastes. This is about the shortest approximation I could find.

TRIGGER WARNING

How could the message of Salvation ever be understood in such an environment? No mention of the sin we're condemned to be tortured for. No acknowledgement of Christ accepting torture on our behalf. And certainly no mention of the billions, not chosen for Salvation, who are abandoned to perdition forever. What conclusion can we draw? That the "gamer" community consists only of dissipated wretches mocking God, inventing spiralling "earths" and "moons" for their consoles but utterly devoid of any True understanding. This is not actually a new thing.
Exodus 32:6d-8a The people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play. And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves: They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them

First off, I have no clue what this has to do with GameStop. Secondly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1220010)
My neighbor's son has something called a "PS 3" which is apparently used by the devil to seduce youngsters into playing demonic games instead of reading the Bible and praying. Well, this young fellow tripped over the power cord to the machine and ruined the plug somehow. So, naturally mommy comes to the rescue and wants to get him a new one.

She asked me if I would go to Game Stop for her since her favorite soap opera (The Bold and the Beautiful) was on and she just had to know what was going to come of some tramp on the show. Since it is a short walk, I decided to do her this favor. Well, when I walked in Game Stop I was accosted by some acne-ridden 17 year-old who asked if I was a member of their "club." I informed him I was not nor was it my intention to be and I asked for the power cord I required. He began explaining all the benefits of the loyalty program, none of which appealed to me. I told him that a healthy session of Paperboy on the Nintendo was as far as I would ever venture into gaming and he chuckled. "You're kidding, right?" He asked.

I now demanded the power cord and as he went to retrieve it, I looked around at the boxes of games displayed everywhere. Most had evil, satanic themes and demos of the games were shown throughout the store. I didn't see one thing honoring Jesus. Not ONE.

Parents, I would strongly recommend never visiting those stores and certainly never allowing your young ones to enter the doors. I prayed for three hours after leaving until I felt cleansed of the evilness that pervades the place. May God protect our children, especially boys, from the nonsense that is the gaming world.

Not everything has to accommodate your belief in Jesus. Just because you don't like some games (hey, try the 1993 dos game Doom!), doesn't mean the whole world has to accommodate your beliefs. If you don't like it, either shut up and go away, or ignore it and move on.

Thank you for your time.

Basilissa 11-02-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terranble (Post 1259617)
doesn't mean the whole world has to accommodate your beliefs. If you don't like it, either shut up and go away, or ignore it and move on.

Sweetie: have you ever considered that the above words also apply to your beliefs?

Thank you for your time! :bye:

MitzaLizalor 11-02-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terranble (Post 1259617)
I have no clue what this has to do with GameStop.

Apparently you'd forgotten what was in the 1st paragraph by the time you reached the 2nd. As for your other point,
Psalm 24:1 The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

terranble 11-03-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1259618)
Sweetie: have you ever considered that the above words also apply to your beliefs?

Thank you for your time! :bye:

Who said I had beliefs?

I Man Rastafari 11-03-2019 03:58 PM

Greetings Terranble!

I do not like to argue with white people like yourself because they often get angry and call the police who will come and arrest I but I did want to point out that you did express your belief that these white people are wrong and you would explain it to them. I thought that was a chancy thing to say when you first appeared and I see now that I was correct. Since you are a white man they will probably not call the police but I do think you have made them angry.

Jah Guide!
Trevor

thrrowaway 10-03-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1220010)

Thats because game stop doesnt have anything to do with christianity. Its a video game store. They sell games, not bibles and crosses. Just be glad you didnt see the game DMC

handmaiden 10-04-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrrowaway (Post 1274383)
Thats because game stop doesnt have anything to do with christianity. Its a video game store. They sell games, not bibles and crosses. Just be glad you didnt see the game DMC

Yes, but this website does.

MitzaLizalor 10-06-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

They sell games, not Bibles

Why do you think that is? Why would any shop reject the opportunity to provide Bibles when so many people are ignorant of Christ Jesus in these last days? Soon, very soon, He will be returning. Everyone who's rejected Salvation will be suffering so much but no: they'd rather dis the very message itself, a message only found in The Bible.

The Bible rejected is God rejected.

James Hutchins 10-06-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

They sell one way tickets to HELL!

Consider this:
You're riding your bike, all proud because your dad took off the training wheels. A Good Humor truck comes and runs over your gut, causing your body to burst and spray entrails all over the street.

You're dead
Whether due to your own disgusting sinning or the Lords divine will, you are dead. Instantly your soul begins falling towards the black abyss above Hell. The falling seems eternal as you gather speed and the heat begins to grow. Then you notice a red dot below you growing larger by the second, this is the Lake in the center of Hell. It is the brightest point in Hell therefore it is visible for a great distance. Keep in mind that the farther you fall, the further from Christ you are.
As you gain speed and the flames become apparent you may wonder how you can stop this from happening. The answer is simple. It's too late and you can't, you're doomed. Your soul is damned and it WILL happen. The temperature is now approaching the unbearable limit as your flesh begins to smoulder and ignite and you continue to build speed as you plummet toward the now visible boiling Lake of Fire. You can almost make out individual souls thrashing in the magma with your flaming eyesockets. Soon you will join them, your terror mounts as your screams become gargled with the stench of Hells evil smell. The heat becomes excruciating as you notice your skin peeling away and your bones becoming visible and black. Flaming and screaming in anguish, you splashdown into the acidic brimstone of Satans Lake at around 250 MPH. You are instantly vaporized and reformed as a tormented soul writhing in absolute terror in the deafening depths of the Lake that Burns Eternal. The pain is beyond comprehension as you gnash your teeth so hard they shatter in your mouth. Satan periodically plucks you from the flames to savagely rape repeatedly and casually tosses you to his infernal minions to rip apart and rape at will, only to be reformed and have this scenario repeated...over and over and over, forever.:sinner::haha:
Is it still funny mocking our mission to Save© your soul? We want you to enjoy Heaven and eternal praise and worship at the feet of our Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ.

Unless you are Saved™ by Jesus Christ and His Holy website and favorite church, Landover Baptist, there is no other way to avoid this.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 01-28-2021 03:54 PM

I'm so glad to see this company being discussed, because some of my children (boys over 10 only, so currently just four of them) have a small stock trading account, intended to teach them the value of wise investment. They generally do pretty well and it was worth around $200,000 the last time their father checked.

One of them has just told me that at the beginning of the year they sold out 50% of their holdings and invested around $100k in 5,000 shares of GameStop. For some reason, the price has shot up and this morning they sold out at something over $400 a share. They now have in excess of $2 million.

My husband is away on business and so the questions of whether and how to punish them or reward them will have to wait. But I do wonder if I should put a stop on their account.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 01-28-2021 04:53 PM

You have some smart boys there, Sister. I have been an investor in the stock market for years and bought in at the peak. You should remortgage the house at this point and go all in. My online stock advisors are telling me to have diamond hands and ride this rocketship to the moon. Wwait a sec, what's your boys' online screen name?

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 01-28-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1280590)
You have some smart boys there, Sister. I have been an investor in the stock market for years and bought in at the peak. You should remortgage the house at this point and go all in.

Had the house ever been mortgaged, this might have been a possibility. But the fact that it hasn't may explain why it isn't - or possibly vice versa.
Quote:

Wwait a sec, what's your boys' online screen name?
Thanks to the JesOS™ random username generator, they never use the same name twice.