The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Romans 12:19 (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=114979)

scottmerriweather 07-22-2018 09:58 PM

Romans 12:19

True Christians ™,

I was reading the KJV1611 Bible today and something stuck out and I wanted to share this:

Romans 12:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

It's been God's reminder to me that no matter how much I get wronged by the unsaved, here in Duluth, I need to let God handle them because in the end this is going to happen to those who choose not to believe:

Revelation 20:11-15 King James Version (KJV)

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Thank you Jesus for this promise!

Ezekiel Bathfire 07-22-2018 10:56 PM

Re: Romans 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmerriweather (Post 1235485)
I was reading the KJV1611 Bible today and something stuck out and I wanted to share this:

Romans 12:19 King James Version (KJV)

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmerriweather (Post 1235485)
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Romans 12:19 is a much misunderstood verse. If taken literally, it precludes a police force and ultimately, the military. Clearly God did not want this: the OT is filled with military exploits and in the NT, Jesus recognizes the power of the Roman State and indeed the power of the Jews. You will also notice that the Gospel writers constantly harp on about obeying your superiors, etc.

In the light of this, we may wonder why God requires men to stone the abomination to death, or remove an objectionable race from the face of His Land, and simply does not send down a thunderbolt, an earthquake, flood, famine, plague, or simply smite them with blindness, etc.

The answer is twofold:
1. If God did that it would be absolute evidence and that precludes Faith.
2. We often ask “Why are we here?” not only in the narrow sense of “Why did we come to another display of children’s paintings?”but to ask about our purpose on Earth. The answer is that God has given us a job – to maintain His Laws. We do what we are told to do and that serves God.

scottmerriweather 07-22-2018 11:07 PM

Mr. Bathfire,

Thank you for sharing that information. I'll definitely keep this in mind!

Leviprochessus_666 05-11-2021 06:14 AM

Re: Egypt 666:69

:gaa:

handmaiden 05-11-2021 10:58 AM

Satan--who understands real evil--must be rolling his eyes at the posers who stumble through here. He probably regrets not establishing clear standards for the minions who clamor to serve him.

Nate Persik 05-12-2021 01:37 AM

Romans 12:19

At the end of my life I won't stand before the CDC
The government
The school system
Or any earthly leadership of any kind to give an account for how I stewarded my wife and children.
I will stand before the Lord.
I will only answer to the Lord for the choices I make on their behalf.
I will not be a target of His vengeance, for it is mighty and it is terrible and it is for sinners and fornicators and lovers of animals and collectors of those stupid little trinkets you put on the kitchen windowsill from your vacations to state parks with googly eyes glued on. I can be patient now because I know the Lord will punish those and I will be blessed for knowing in advance His justice will come. And there will be no figurines in heaven.

handmaiden 05-12-2021 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Persik (Post 1284432)
At the end of my life I won't stand before the CDC The government The school system Or any earthly leadership of any kind . . . And there will be no figurines in heaven.

Well, of course not. Figurines are just tiny little graven images.

Adam Fag 05-12-2021 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 1235489)
Romans 12:19 is a much misunderstood verse. If taken literally, it precludes a police force and ultimately, the military. Clearly God did not want this: the OT is filled with military exploits and in the NT, Jesus recognizes the power of the Roman State and indeed the power of the Jews. You will also notice that the Gospel writers constantly harp on about obeying your superiors, etc.

In the light of this, we may wonder why God requires men to stone the abomination to death, or remove an objectionable race from the face of His Land, and simply does not send down a thunderbolt, an earthquake, flood, famine, plague, or simply smite them with blindness, etc.

The answer is twofold:
1. If God did that it would be absolute evidence and that precludes Faith.
2. We often ask “Why are we here?” not only in the narrow sense of “Why did we come to another display of children’s paintings?”but to ask about our purpose on Earth. The answer is that God has given us a job – to maintain His Laws. We do what we are told to do and that serves God.

Mark 12:17 - And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Once that's been done (paid to Rome in this case) does God have a say in what they'd spend it on? Roads. Cops. Schools. Health care. Wine. Would that be up to them? (Or us, in our case.)