The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Christian guide to TORTURING your children (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=94599)

Voice of Papist Hate 09-15-2014 09:22 PM

Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1043376)
You're confused, dear. We're not interested in anyone's thoughts outside the those of the Holy LORD of Lords!

So if you are going into heaven, then you must love everyone, sell literally everything you own, hate everyone, eat flesh and blood (cannibalism), be a little child, be born again as an infant, follow 613 Old Testament laws, and believe in Jesus. Screw you, guy.

Cranky Old Man 09-15-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voice of Papist Hate (Post 1110618)
So if you are going into heaven, then you must love everyone, sell literally everything you own, hate everyone, eat flesh and blood (cannibalism), be a little child, be born again as an infant, follow 613 Old Testament laws, and believe in Jesus. Screw you, guy.

Of course not. Just following 613 laws isn't even close to what you have to do to please God. Don't be lazy!

James 2:10 - King James Version (KJV)

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Pastor Isaac Peters 09-15-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

In case you haven't figured it out by now, dear friend, we are not part of the Catholic cannibal/vampire cult.

Calvinist 09-15-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missynine (Post 1110457)
Well they didn't discipline me for "god" no they did it because i did something wrong, and i didn't feel fear or Obedience i felt anger, and i acted out because of it

Interesting, so your parents acknowledge that there is right and wrong, but according to who? Are you an unbeliever, ones whose thoughts are nothing more than than atomic motion in the brain obeying the fixed laws of chemistry? Just curious as to whether you reject an absolute moral law giver? If not, how do you reconcile human responsibility when you're acting out of control?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missynine (Post 1110450)
Yes I have, i even was one myself if you believe it or not and i got bullied and i did some bad things,i got very strictly punished for those things, i hated my parents for it, i don't want my child to hate me

Doesn't sound as though you're understanding the difference between love and hate. Doesn't matter whether you believe in an absolute law giver, just because you personally don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. See my question regarding "free thinkers" and the "byproduct" of fixed laws.

In regards to your children hating you, you're almost guaranteeing they will if they turn to Christ, so by the sounds of it you have committed yourself to bringing up your children as an infidel? Are you putting them in a place and attempting to wire them according to your own lifestyle, seems to me that your ways are going to sincerely hinder your children.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missynine (Post 1110450)
I am pretty tolerant but this is borderline if not just Domestic Violence that is being talked about and i am More Tolerant than you

The question is tolerant of what? I am highly prejudiced for example because I believe in law. And I exercise tolerance whenever I walk out in the garden and pluck a weed from the soil. Question is, is my intolerance more of a virtue than your own personal tolerance?

MitzaLizalor 09-22-2014 01:53 AM

I know the papacy is built upon lies and deception—it has that in common with all false religions—but I never realised how far the rot extended. One would imagine that something like John chapter 3 would at least get a mention? Obviously not.
Quote:

So if you are going into heaven, then you must love everyone, sell literally everything you own, hate everyone, eat flesh and blood (cannibalism), be a little child, be born again as an infant, follow 613 Old Testament laws, and believe in Jesus. etc.

JOHN 3
There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
KJV .. vv 4, 5 . context . more context

Do they even have Sunday Schools?

There is a little more material included under the "more context" link for any Romish heretic who may be seeking footsteps out from that cloying mire, and what a mire it is. For cardinals to so mislead their flock of smelly goats as to guarantee everlasting torture for all who have grown within and accepted the pagan rituals they perpetuate—and these wretches must know what they are doing because it is their life's work to study those origins—is the most odious of crimes. Not so much for peddling lies, after all there is no shortage of blithering charlatans abroad in these last days and one more cadre of drivel dribblers makes little difference in the scheme of things.

But for the degree of their duplicity.

Opulence of a magnitude beyond comprehension wrested under duress from those least able to afford it, prancing around in scarlet robes, muttering with gem encrusted everything, ogling decrepit cadavers in gilded crates (although why anyone would want to do that is beyond me but they do and it doesn't sound cheap), yet cementing the fate they claim to have cheated on behalf of fools they have so reduced.

I knew they discouraged reading The Bible. After all, it's not really their source material is it. How can it be?

And sure enough, it isn't.

MitzaLizalor 10-04-2014 06:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemima
"Yes you need to torture your children before the great green candle monster gets them"

Well obviously Jemima had been reading Alfred Jarry, not a recommended source for any Christian. And a good example of where your children can end up if the discipline explicitly spelled out BY GOD in The Bible is neglected. Discipline involving injury. God explains:

Proverbs 20:30 The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.
God is clear that the wound, and its having turned blue, are the result of discipline. God uses the word chastening. Merely using the hand is not sufficient to cause such a benefit and because God loves us He makes sure that we understand.
Proverbs 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
What age group is God talking about here?
Proverbs 23:13-15 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
KJV .. context . cf. Hebrews 12

Nothing about green candles. That comes from Jarry, depraved Frenchman.

Attachment 23695
. .French source . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . English source

The green candle makes numerous appearances and is even described in a later play. Brimstone is involved. But what of Jarry? An irredeemable alcoholic messed up on chloroform and ether he died young, hating Jesus but choosing to mock Him nevertheless by calling a priest for last rites.

It says here although he hated christianity, he felt compelled to seek God on his deathbed. A nihilist, he declared: "We won't have destroyed anything unless we destroy the ruins too"…Jarry had taste for absinthe, he lived in a bizarre apartment where each store had been cut horizontally in half to make double the original number of floors…In 1926 [André] Gide wrote: "Everything in Jarry, that strange humbug, smelled of affectation – his face whited with flour, his mechanical speech without intonation, the syllables evenly spaced, and the words made up or distorted." so obviously demon possessed.

And on opium. This is the origin of the green candle. It is the very antithesis of disctpline.

God knew that and in His love had Jesus whipped for me, although I didn't deserve that gift, whipped raw. Otherwise there could be no remission of sins. It is the injury that is important. That is what grievous means. BLACK'S
Isaiah 53:4-5 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
I PETER 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
KJV .. Isaiah 53 .. I Peter 2

The information concerning injuries required for discipline to be effective in The New Testament all post-date Jesus' suffering, inflicted on Him by a loving Father because He loves us too. People who flaunt their hatred for Jesus by declaring His Clear Commandment on this subject to constitute torture—people like Alfred Jarry or the Jemima—have nothing in common woth The Bible. If they say they do, they are lying (or haven't read The Bible).

I hope that is helpful.

searching_for_truth 10-06-2014 07:54 AM

You people disgust me. 1 John 4:18 "there is no fear in love, for perfect love casts out fear." Torture? Humiliation? People like you are the piffleing reason why people hate "fundies". You are disgusting, the lot of you. Whipping babies????? You are sick and twisted. I hope to god you find the ACTUAL truth before you die, or you shall be the goats to whom Jesus says "depart from me, I never knew you."

Zechariah Smyth 10-06-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by searching_for_truth (Post 1113600)
You people disgust me. 1 John 4:18 "there is no fear in love, for perfect love casts out fear." Torture? Humiliation? People like you are the piffleing reason why people hate "fundies". You are disgusting, the lot of you. Whipping babies????? You are sick and twisted. I hope to god you find the ACTUAL truth before you die, or you shall be the goats to whom Jesus says "depart from me, I never knew you."

Post the rest of the verse and you'll see it's their own fault.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

P.S. Watch the potty language, please.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 10-06-2014 08:15 AM

Pastor Bathfire's exposition on the Sermon on the Mount guides me not to engage with this willfully vexatious person, but to respond simply:

“Yeah, whatever, you believe that, you’ve sure convinced me, boy.”

Matthew 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

Not that I expect to go to prison for disagreeing with this one. :lol:

Basilissa 10-06-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by searching_for_truth (Post 1113600)

Would you be so kind to provide Scripture to show that children should not be beaten? :)

Mary Etheldreda 10-06-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1113622)
Would you be so kind to provide Scripture to show that children should not be beaten? :)

Goodness, that would be very helpful. After all, if I find I've been beating my children black and blue as per the LORD's instructions (Proverbs 20:30), and have somehow neglected Scriptural command that compels me to ignore said instructions to beat my children black and blue, then I shall have to confess my sin at once and apologize to my Savior. I sure would hate to offend Him and hurt His divine feelings.

Voice of Papist Hate 10-06-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1113622)

NOT EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE WORLD MUST BE DICTATED BY THESE OLD FAIRY TALES! SOMETHING IS NOT OKAY BECAUSE IT IS NOT WRITTEN THERE THAT YOU MUST NOT DO IT! Learn to cast off your brainwashing and think for yourself, retard.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 10-06-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voice of Papist Hate (Post 1113687)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa http://www.landoverbaptist.net/image...s/viewpost.gif
Would you be so kind to provide Scripture to show that children should not be beaten?
NOT EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE WORLD MUST BE DICTATED BY THESE OLD FAIRY TALES! SOMETHING IS NOT OKAY BECAUSE IT IS NOT WRITTEN THERE THAT YOU MUST NOT DO IT! Learn to cast off your brainwashing and think for yourself, retard.

So, do we take that as meaning that no, you can't? Please explain why we should accept your entirely personal view of what is and is not "OKAY".

And kindly show some respect. You atheist cathlics are big on demanding it, but not so big on delivering it. :thumbdown:

MitzaLizalor 10-07-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

NOT EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE WORLD MUST BE DICTATED etc.

So in your critical model, Mr Hate, how can the origin of your judgemental faculty also be responsible for creation of the universe which contains it?

What enables you say how the world should be dictaded (about anything at all, or not dictated or whatever)? How do you choose between options?

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 10-09-2014 02:52 AM

Quote:

Well, first of all, you are a liar by your username. Even though they are utterly headed to Hell, the Papists have their version filled of lies "Bible". Stop bashing the Bible; instead let's bash it into your thick skull, so you see the beauty and truth of my dear sweet precious Lord Jesus!

MitzaLizalor 11-02-2014 02:11 AM

What methods did Jesus use when adults deliberately ripped Him off?
JOHN
2 13-17
And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.
KJV .. look up . context
A scourge is a fairly simple implement.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...EhTcOBgHUwxxuYhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...7IgUW5ZlH7l624http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...xbQ-dxf2M_7Nqghttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...GLtwYNyGs0ecOE

It has very few applications.

Aidanthesensible 12-15-2014 11:03 PM

Your a sick piffle that uses the bible as an excuse to beat innocent children

Didymus Much 12-15-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidanthesensible (Post 1124991)
You're a sick piffle who uses the bible as an excuse to beat innocent children.

Grammar.

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 12-16-2014 03:59 AM

Children are not innocent, at all. I was a hell-bound, screaming, disobeying brat as a child. However, even the worst of children (myself included), can be redeemed. Now, I'm a happy, submissive, quiet wife who obeys her husband in all things. Miracles can happen.

Pastor Ezekiel 12-16-2014 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidanthesensible (Post 1124991)
Your a sick piffle that uses the bible as an excuse to beat innocent children

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner: