The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Is G W Bush the greatest President the United States ever had? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4453)

Bobby-Joe 09-06-2007 11:06 PM

Is G W Bush the greatest President the United States ever had?

It goes without saying all TRUE Americans agree that Bush is in the top ten of American Presidents. I strongly feel Bush one the best. Let’s look at the facts

* Washington: Claim for Best: Beat the British, guided the Constitution: Rebuttal: The British sip tea, wear tights and Washington had to have the help of the French to do it. Jesus inspired the Constitution.

* Jefferson Davis: Clam for the best: Led the nation to victory in the Civil War. Rebuttal: Kept incompetent generals at the post out of personal loyalty. Saddest case was General Hood who was clearly physically disabled from an amputated leg.

* Theodore Roosevelt: Claim for the Best: Defeated the Spanish Empire with a single regiment of troops. Rebuttal: Burden American business with Anti-Trust laws and national forests.

* Ronald Regan : Claim for the Best: Defeated the Soviet Union and Inflation. Rebuttal: There are none.

So with the soul exception Ronald Regan I can see no other President who has exceed Bush’s record in peace and war. Bush took the country reeling from the disastrous Clinton economy and turned it around, properly aligned the national budget for growth, revitalized our nations schools with the No Child Left Behind and fixed our national health care problems with the Drug Prescription Plan. This is while he defeated Saddam Hussian in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

The record speaks for itself, Bush is the best.

Blind leading the blind 09-06-2007 11:23 PM

Re: Is G W Bush the greatest President the United States ever had

Jefferson Davis was the president of the Confederate States...you know the Southern ones who lost the Civil War, and that was an entirely different country at the time. So he was not a president of the United States.

Virginia Day Templeton 09-07-2007 01:52 AM

Before the war in Iraq, I would have said Reagan was the best. But now, especially with the unbelievably successful surge, Bush has shown himself to be one of the great military leaders in all of history... I think that, in addition to his superhuman political cunning, gives him the edge. Reagan may have beaten the Russkies but he never killed any of their leaders. Thanks to GWB, almost all of the important Al Qaeda members (including Saddam himself) are dead or in jail. He has also worked tirelessly to combat the Global Cooling catastrophe and protect our business leaders from being exploited by their ruthless employees.

Plus, did Jesus ever converse directly with Reagan like he does on a regular basis with GWB? He probably did; I just don't remember the Gipper ever talking about it.

Brother Temperance 09-07-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia D. Templeton (Post 93399)
Thanks to GWB, almost all of the important Al Qaeda members (including Saddam himself) are dead or in jail.

Almost all? Almost all? Friend, I don't think that even the Destroy America First crowd could come up with the name of even one important Al Qaeda member who remains at large.

eliot mayfield 09-07-2007 12:06 PM

What about Nixon? he started expanding the President's powers. He knew how to keep tabs on the liebral hippy , hollywood, commie, homo scum!
He stopped the hippie movement dead in Ohio.

Pastor Isaac Peters 09-07-2007 12:58 PM

I don't see how there's even an issue. Thanks to Jesus and His hand-picked President, the world gives unprecedented respect to America, its foreign policy, its military, and its currency. Of course, that is not to say that it matters what the rest of the world (especially Old Europe) thinks.

H. Montague Worthington 09-07-2007 07:24 PM

There is no doubt that President Bush (this one, not his effete crybaby liberal father) is one of the best.

President Bush combines some of the best attributes of some of our greatest former leaders. He has the swagger of Ronald Reagan, the compassion of Herbert Hoover, the keen eye for delegating authority of Warren Harding, the resolve of Roy Cohn, the the communications style of Dan Quayle, the compassion of G. Gordon Liddy, and the moral compass of Richard Nixon.

Bobby-Joe 09-07-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H. Montague Worthington (Post 93552)
There is no doubt that President Bush (this one, not his effete crybaby liberal father) is one of the best.

President Bush combines some of the best attributes of some of our greatest former leaders. He has the swagger of Ronald Reagan, the compassion of Herbert Hoover, the keen eye for delegating authority of Warren Harding, the resolve of Roy Cohn, the the communications style of Dan Quayle, the compassion of G. Gordon Liddy, and the moral compass of Richard Nixon.

It doesn't stop there, Bush has also shown the keen military foresight of James Madison, the bold resolution in the face of crises of James Buchanan the good government of Ulysses S Grant, the hard nosed diplomatic skills of Woodrow Wilson and the political sportsmanship of Andrew Jackson. Basically President Bush is the distillation off all that it is great of American presidents.

Obey 09-08-2007 10:13 AM

He's definitely one of the best. Who knows how many Muslims he's killed? Only Satan has seen every one of them.

vestal_mastecation 09-10-2007 08:17 AM

Bush is such a great president... someone buy him a banana! :themonkey:

http://www.bushorchimp.com/

Mr. Jingles 09-10-2007 09:20 AM

If only Pastor Deacon Fred could become our next President; if only America could be so lucky.

Pastor Al E Pistle 09-10-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Jingles (Post 93986)
If only Pastor Deacon Fred could become our next President; if only America could be so lucky.

Son, you never want to count PDF out. He will be attending some of the Republican primaries and there is a very good chance he will be a successful write-in candidate.

Rachael Van Helsing 09-10-2007 12:16 PM

Dubya the greatest president? Puh-lease, the guy's the real world equivalent of Homer Simpson. :D

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 09-10-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 94010)
Dubya the greatest president? Puh-lease, the guy's the real world equivalent of Homer Simpson. :D

George W. is not a homosexual :angry:. He doesn't do those kinds of things. He does not go into bathrooms looking for random action. That's what he doesn't do. I can't believe that you'd accuse our totally-manly, totally-Godly President in Chief of being a homer. I suppose you'd rather see some bull-dyke as president. Cast your vote now for Hillary and you might get your wish. Luckily there won't be an election in 2008 :ph34r:

Bobby-Joe 09-10-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. (Post 94040)
I can't believe that you'd accuse our totally-manly, totally-Godly President in Chief of being a homer. I suppose you'd rather see some bull-dyke as president. Cast your vote now for Hillary and you might get your wish. Luckily there won't be an election in 2008 :ph34r:

Speaking of Hellery, she had to have been the worst first lady we ever had. It is well known she probably had Vince Foster. A women who is a killer is unacceptable as first lady. Praise Jesus we have Laura Bush now, a woman who (with the exception of a single, isolated youthful indiscretion) values life.

Trent Harvey, Jr. 09-10-2007 05:14 PM

Formerly my favorite president was Hoover, whose free-market thinking made him the "first green zone intern", so to speak. But Bush has so much popularity in the Islamic world, and has increased America's popularity so much that he wins, no contest.

You see, what stateside CNN viewers don't understand is the Islamic practise of sacrifice. You see, being pagans, they take what is most valued to them, and "give" it to their idols by burning it. Sort of like how in the old testement animals are sacrificed to God by burning them on an altar.

Thus, when stateside CNN viewers see brown people burning american flags, they mistake this for Anti-American setiment. It isn't. They are sacrificing American Flags to their idols because American flags are so highly valued.
:usaflag:

SUV 09-10-2007 06:39 PM

Bobby-Joe, you forgot to say, "Or what?"

And I was going to jump in and yell "OR WHAT!!!"

freespeech 09-10-2007 08:35 PM

Yes, he is so great, thats why we are at the world's largest economy defecit. He is brilliant.

Pastor Al E Pistle 09-10-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freespeech (Post 94102)
Yes, he is so great, thats why we are at the world's largest economy defecit. He is brilliant.

Why should we care about that? So what if we owe 50 trillion dollars? Who is going to collect it? France? Japan? I'll tell you who: NO ONE. The President is simply going to write off our debts.

freespeech 09-10-2007 08:47 PM

Yeah, so because we have no money to back what he spent, we will go into another depression. You can't write off spent money, when you overspend by so much.