The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ladies, the Song of Solomon does NOT apply to you (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=75481)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-10-2012 01:44 AM

Ladies, the Song of Solomon does NOT apply to you

Some pervert named David Carr misinterprets a non-KJV bible at Hussytown Post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Carr
To be sure, many have associated the biblical Song of Songs with marriage (it's frequently used for Christian pre-marriage counseling), and there are indications that the lovers it depicts wish that they were married. The man calls his love "my bride" [and his "sister" obviously that's poetry since she's black] (Song of Solomon 4:8, 9), and she sings that "I am my love's and he desires me" (Song of Solomon 7:11). Nevertheless, toward the end of the book the female lover still cannot openly express her affection for him (Song of Solomon 8:1). Overall, the book positively depicts a couple pursuing a love that is not approved by society...The lovers do not live together, but instead must meet outdoors (Song of Solomon 1:17) or in a parent's bedroom (Song of Solomon 3:4; Song of Solomon 8:2), and there is no clear view yet of starting a family. In the process, the lovers mention a number of spices (e.g. pomegranates, honey, myrrh, spikenard) that Athalya Brenner points out in her book "The Intercourse of Knowledge: On Gendering Desire and 'Sexuality' in the Hebrew Bible" (Leiden: Brill, 1996, 72-89) were used by ancient women to prevent pregnancy.

Perhaps most importantly, the book does not suggest anywhere that their sexual relationship is wrong. Their love leads to suffering at points, especially for the woman (Song of Solomon 5:2-6). Nevertheless, Song of Songs celebrates their unsanctioned sexual passion. At the same time the book repeatedly urges caution in engaging in such love, especially through a repeated urging not to "awaken or arouse love until love is ready" (Song of Solomon 2:7; Song of Solomon 3:5; Song of Solomon 8:4)....Elizabeth Bukey, pointed out, "it's easier to list what the Song does not teach. It does not say you've got to be married. It doesn't say men should dominate women and it doesn't get worked up about which particular sexual acts are OK." Instead, the book stresses that one must take care in deciding when "to awaken or arouse love." Perhaps one aspect of that care would be in following the example of the woman of the Song of Songs and taking precautions, when needed, not to have unplanned children. Say, using effective birth control.

Where do I begin with this kind of nonsense? First I'll mention a huge fact David Carr fails to mentioned: the woman is black:

I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: Song of Solomon 1:5-6

So of course Solomon can't marry her! What the Bible says about interracial marriage:

And the children of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites, Hittites, and Amorites, and Perizzites, and Hivites, and Jebusites:
And they took their daughters to be their wives, and gave their daughters to their sons, and served their gods.
And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and forgat the LORD their God, and served Baalim and the groves. - Judges 3:5-7

Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. - Deuteronomy 7:3

Anyway, King Solomon, the wisest man of all time (1 Kings 4:31) was clearly pro-marriage, being eventually married to 300 women. (1 Kings 11:3) (The godliest man of our time, Newt Gingrich, is only up to number 3).

This is not adultry, because adultry is when a woman cheats on her husband. When a husband cheats on his wife (or his 300 wives) there's no victim, and thus no problem.

There is a problem, however, with creating mulatto babies:

The people of Israel, and the priests, and the Levites, have not separated themselves from the people of the lands, doing according to their abominations, even of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.
For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of those lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this trespass. - Ezra 9:1-2

King Solomon can't mingle his holy seed with that of a black woman. However, anything that kills sperm is murder: Onan was struck dead for practising coitus interuptus: Genesis 38:9

So how is birth control possible with even coitus interuptus is outlawed? Well, there's the rhythm method, I'm not sure how this works but it might involve touching her during her period (Leviticus 15:24, Leviticus 18:19, Leviticus 15:19) and either way King Solomon was clearly randy for the dark meat so his jungle fever could not be expected to wait. No, obviously he did a form of coitus interuptus, in which one of his 300 (white) wives was there to catch his seed.

And as for this nonsense about honey etc. working as birth control...If the woman really was using some secret female potion, the fact that God failed to notice is just more proof that God is a man.

Got that, ladies? Sex outside of marriage may be not be a sin for the man, but it makes you a whore. The only acceptable reason to use birth control is to prevent the creation of mulattos, and the only acceptable form of birth control is for the man to pull out at the last minute and ejaculate into one of his white wives.

Zechariah Smyth 03-10-2012 12:05 PM

Re: Ladies, the Song of Solomon does NOT apply to you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 857009)

Where do I begin with this kind of nonsense? First I'll mention a huge fact the David fails to mentioned: the woman is black:

I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: Song of Solomon 1:5-6

So of course Solomon can't marry him! What the Bible says about interracial marriage:

And the children of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites, Hittites, and Amorites, and Perizzites, and Hivites, and Jebusites:
And they took their daughters to be their wives, and gave their daughters to their sons, and served their gods.
And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and forgat the LORD their God, and served Baalim and the groves. - Judges 3:5-7

Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. - Deuteronomy 7:3

Anyway, King Solomon, the wisest man of all time (1 Kings 4:31) was clearly pro-marriage, being eventually married to 300 women. (1 Kings 11:3) (The godliest man of our time, Newt Gingrich, is only up to number 3).

This is not adultry, because adultry is when a woman cheats on her husband. When a husband cheats on his wife (or his 300 wives) there's no victim, and thus no problem.

The people of Israel, and the priests, and the Levites, have not separated themselves from the people of the lands, doing according to their abominations, even of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.
For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of those lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this trespass. - Ezra 9:1-2

King Solomon can't mingle his holy seed with that of a black woman. However, anything that kills sperm is murder: Onan was struck dead for practising coitus interuptus: Genesis 38:9

So how is birth control possible with even coitus interuptus is outlawed? Well, there's the rhythm method, but that might involve touching her during her period (Leviticus 15:24, Leviticus 18:19, Leviticus 15:19) but either way King Solomon was clearly randy for the dark meat so his jungle fever could not be expected to wait. No, obviously he did a form of coitus interuptus, in which one of his 300 (white) wives was there to catch his seed.

And as for this nonsense about honey etc. working as birth control...If the woman really was using some secret female potion, the fact that God failed to notice is just more proof that God is a man.

Got that, ladies? Sex outside of marriage may be no problem for the man, but it makes you a whore. The only acceptable reason to use birth control is to prevent the creation of mulattos, and the only acceptable form of birth control is for the man to pull out at the last minute and ejaculate into one of his white wives.

Brother Jeb, that is some Godly advice, and totally supported by Scripture.

:thumbsup:

I cannot for the life of me imagine wanting to put my "hoo-ha" into a negro woman's "va-jay-jay" but JUST IN CASE, I will definitely have a white woman (who is bound to me by the Holy Bonds of Matrimony) there to receive my seed.

Yours in Christ,

Zech

Paul the Foreigner 03-10-2012 11:19 PM

But Solomon married with the egyptian pharaoh's daughter.
That was not sin ?

The "black" word does not mean black hair ?
It is sure that it means black skin ?

I'm just thinking, perhaps she was white woman (not sure).

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-11-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul the Foreigner (Post 857298)
But Solomon married with the egyptian pharaoh's daughter.
That was not sin ?

The "black" word does not mean black hair ?
It is sure that it means black skin ?

I'm just thinking, perhaps she was white woman (not sure).

It could simply mean that she had a dark tan, as a commoner would (instead of a royal woman who would not be out working in the sun).

Quote:

Kitchen Keepin 06-26-2012 10:07 PM

Look, if it says the lady was black then she was BLACK. Don't try to put meaning in GOD'S Holy Word when the scripture is right there in front of you, plain as day.

It says what it says, and we follow it.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-13-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

How many is Brother Trump up to right now? I've not been able to keep track now that he's boycotting Twitter.

https://i.redd.it/9y7lozcrunp41.jpg

handmaiden 02-21-2021 07:58 PM

I never imagined that the Song of Solomon applied to me.

spoink47 07-04-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 857009)

Where do I begin with this kind of nonsense? First I'll mention a huge fact David Carr fails to mentioned: the woman is black:

So of course Solomon can't marry her! What the Bible says about interracial marriage:

So how is birth control possible with even coitus interuptus is outlawed? Well, there's the rhythm method, I'm not sure how this works but it might involve touching her during her period (Leviticus 15:24, Leviticus 18:19, Leviticus 15:19) and either way King Solomon was clearly randy for the dark meat so his jungle fever could not be expected to wait. No, obviously he did a form of coitus interuptus, in which one of his 300 (white) wives was there to catch his seed.

Got that, ladies? Sex outside of marriage may be not be a sin for the man, but it makes you a whore. The only acceptable reason to use birth control is to prevent the creation of mulattos, and the only acceptable form of birth control is for the man to pull out at the last minute and ejaculate into one of his white wives.

Being a black woman, never have I ever thought that the book of Solomon applies to me...

Basilissa 07-12-2021 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoink47 (Post 1286568)
Being a black woman, never have I ever thought that the book of Solomon applies to me...

That's good. I'm glad you didn't get any wrong impressions from this verse:

Song of Solomon 1:5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

Blanche_Locke 08-16-2021 10:02 PM

Interesting, except that since the events of the bible take place in the middle east, everybody has fairly dark skin.

Didymus Much 08-16-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanche_Locke (Post 1288107)
Interesting, except that since the events of the bible take place in the middle east, everybody has fairly dark skin.

Except back at you. The events depicted in the Bible occupy a time frame that ended 2000 years ago, and there have a been a couple of mass migrations in the area since then.

handmaiden 08-17-2021 12:15 AM

Quote:

All of those below came up in an Interwebs search as being born in Israel.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....%26h%3D160&f=1 https://external-content.duckduckgo....%26h%3D160&f=1 https://external-content.duckduckgo....6pid%3DApi&f=1

Blanche_Locke 08-17-2021 12:54 AM

It seems like an excuse for racism.

Didymus Much 08-17-2021 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanche_Locke (Post 1288123)

Maybe you'd like to apply for an Ex-Nigra badge?

handmaiden 08-17-2021 02:10 AM

Quote:

What the world likes to label "racism" is actually adherence to directives from the Almighty regarding dangerous admixture. In the Book of Leviticus we read of God's command:

Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

If that isn't clear enough for you, in Deuteronomy, God spells it out more firmly.

Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

Now before you post your riposte, please consider that this is a Bible discussion-themed site. It is not a pull-whatever-you-want-out-of-your-back-pocket site.

Adam Fag 08-17-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Do you mean that race shifts blame for flaws in thought?

Blanche_Locke 08-17-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1288133)
What the world likes to label "racism" is actually adherence to directives from the Almighty regarding dangerous admixture. In the Book of Leviticus we read of God's command:

Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

If that isn't clear enough for you, in Deuteronomy, God spells it out more firmly.

Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

Now before you post your riposte, please consider that this is a Bible discussion-themed site. It is not a pull-whatever-you-want-out-of-your-back-pocket site.

Interesting, but I firmly believe in combining biblical principles with practical knowledge and common sense. And to me at least, it seems like it's saying that these are specific cases. Also, that command from Deuteronomy applied back then, in that special case.
"Pulling things out of my back pocket" is the reason I'm alive and successful right now, kiddo. You should try it sometime ;)

Didymus Much 08-17-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanche_Locke (Post 1288204)
...Also, that command from Deuteronomy applied back then, in that special case...

And what do you base that opinion on?

Basilissa 08-17-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

If you google "Syria refugee children" you'll certainly see more diversity than in an average Midwestern town, but also a lot of blondes with blue eyes - and you consider them all to be dark skinned? I think that's racist. :thumbdown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanche_Locke (Post 1288204)
Also, that command from Deuteronomy applied back then, in that special case.

I didn't see an expiration date on my Bible. :huh: So we are not to follow the Ten Commandments anymore, either?

Blanche_Locke 08-18-2021 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1288208)
I didn't see an expiration date on my Bible. :huh: So we are not to follow the Ten Commandments anymore, either?

It's... kind of common sense? The countries in question don't exist anymore.