The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Selling Your Daughter's Virginity (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=65869)

Ezekiel Bathfire 05-30-2011 12:33 AM

Selling Your Daughter's Virginity

I never knew this was a crime! Did you?

Usually, if it is a crime (e.g. being a homer) there is a verse in the Bible about it where God says, "Don't do this!" So how can this be a crime when there is a verses in the Bible actually explaining how to do it? :wacko:

Ex:21:7: And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
Ex:21:8: If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.
Ex:21:9: And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
Ex:21:10: If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.
Ex:21:11: And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.

First there is the Clinton double-act then there is this clown Obama! What is going on with the law? Since when was obeying God's Law a crime?

Perhaps the crime is that it is a woman selling her daughter? Who knows?

Quote:

A Utah mother could spend her life in jail after allegedly trying to sell her 13-year-old daughter's virginity for $10,000, prosecutors told ABC News.com.

Felicia McClure, 32, was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of sexual abuse of a minor and sexual exploitation of a minor. Police said that McClure's boyfriend tipped them off after he found text messages between the woman and the man offering to pay for sex with the girl. McClure had repeatedly been in touch with the man, whom police have identified only as "Don."
The two adults took the girl to a Victoria Secret store in which she modeled thong underwear and bras for Don, according to Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill.

According to court documents McClure admitted to police that she offered to sell her daughter's virginity to him for $10,000.

Felicia Rea McClure is charged with two counts of first-degree felony aggravated sex abuse of a child and two counts of second degree felony sexual exploitation of a minor, after offering a man sex with her 13-year-old daughter in exchange for $10,000.

McClure also admitted to taking pictures of her daughter and selling them to another adult man, identified only as "Will." Two of the photos that McClure allegedly sent show the girl's entire buttocks, according to documents.

According to prosecutors, McClure asked her daughter if she was willing to lose her virginity to Don. The girl initially agreed to her mother's request, but later "told her mother 'no' and that she didn't feel comfortable having sex," said Gill.

Pastor Ezekiel 05-30-2011 12:40 AM

Re: Selling Your Daughter's Virginity

The only thing I see wrong with all this is that the girls addle-brained mother seems to have been in charge of the negotiations. Where was the Christian Father in all this? You can expect things to go wrongly when you leave a woman in charge. :thumbdown:

James Hutchins 05-30-2011 12:44 AM

Call me old fashioned but isn't $10,000 a lot more than 50 shekels? What is the problem?

Jealousy I bet. Those others guys probably have daughters no one wants!

Bob4God 05-30-2011 01:06 AM

I had no idea this was illegal.

I guess that's what happens when society defines its own morality outside of the Bible.

The really sad thing is, that poor little girl is going to feel totally worthless and make a very bad housewife someday.

:(

BelieverInGod 06-02-2011 06:57 AM

Uh, she was selling the girls virginity. Shouldn't she the non existent husband have been either selling her into slavery or negotiating a brides price?

First of all, this is Salt Lake City, so she's probably a Mormon. Secondly the mother is living in sin with some "boyfriend" who is probably just jealous that she's selling the girls virginity rather than letting him take it for free.

Just more unsaved trash proving that without God they are completely without morals.

Cranky Old Man 06-02-2011 09:15 AM

There is no way selling your daughter's virginity can be illegal. It happens all the time! I sold the virginity of all my daughters. Usually by selling them to a future husband, but also once or twice after premarital sex.

The Bible could not be more clear on the matter: Deuteronomy 22:28-29 "If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days."

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 757830)
Call me old fashioned but isn't $10,000 a lot more than 50 shekels?

Indeed Brother. With the current silver price of $37.27 / troy ounce, 50 shekels would be about $958. A fair price for a mostly useless daughter. A clear case of what happens as soon as a woman starts to do a man's job. Women are supposed to take care of the daughter looking attractive, while the man does the actual selling. Clearly modern times eroded True Christian™ family values here.