The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Promise Enforcers - Men Only! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Best workout music for Christians? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117252)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 01-17-2020 04:36 PM

Best workout music for Christians?

This is not about 100% scriptural accurracy, just what gets you pumping iron. Here's my favorites:

Elmer G. White 01-17-2020 04:48 PM

Re: Best workout music for Christians?

I don't really do workout. Its profits, while apparently True™, are relatively minor.

1 Timothy 4:8
For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Until a few years ago my excercise consisted of the monthly excruciating sessions of marital duties with my wife. Now as she is well and permanently menopausal, it's been a relief to allocate those hours to the static workout of standing in the corner distrubuting Chick tracts and other nice paraphernalia. During those sessions I listen to the sweetest music available - the True™ voice of Jesus Christ!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Dennis Lukes 01-17-2020 10:32 PM

I don't often listen to "music," as the vast majority of it is secular and anti-Christian, and thus to be avoided (Ecclesiastes 7:5), and most music purporting to be "Christian" is really of the Devil (2 Corinthians 11:14). However, when pumping iron or running through the woods to promote the manly, muscular Christianity embodied by Jesus (1 Corinthians 6:19), there's one Godly song that always gets me going.

WilliamJenningsBryan 01-18-2020 01:41 AM

There is nothing like "Onward Christian Soldiers" to accompany a good cardio workout. You can do it while taking a stroll around the neighborhood, or a trip to the mall. Hopefully you can make this a family event, and do some worthy polyphonic acapella singing along the way.

The work was composed by Sir Authur Sullivan, and while he was known for penning those trivial works with Gilbert while the British still had an "Empire" (i.e. was once great), he ultimately sought redemption with Jesus.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 01-18-2020 01:48 PM

Looks more like "onward Christian rabble". They don't need to goose-step, but come on! At least learn to march. And no "but I'm goose-stepping on the inside" crap like what the girl guide cookie-pushers keep saying! (It takes a lot to make me reject cookies.) No wonder Trump's military parade didn't happen. :(

Comparing American marching bands to Japanese ones isn't even a contest, I would show you, but all the digital short skirts would draw weebophiles the way the real things draw flies.

Instead, I'll talk instruments. Just look at the tubas they have:

http://www.victorysearchlights.com/japtype88.jpg

And they're walking in lockstep - with swords! Meanwhile our self-proclaimed "Christian soldiers" don't even have knuckle-dusters!

gamer4Christ 01-18-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1263353)
This is not about 100% scriptural accurracy, just what gets you pumping iron.

Ever notice that Alex Jones and the protagonist of DooM have never been spotted at the same place and time?

Listen to both of these at the same time:

TL;DR: Alex Jones is the Doomguy.

its_faith 01-19-2020 11:01 PM

This is wonderful. Also remember when working out to wear attire fit for Christian wearing.

JakubDovac 01-24-2020 11:36 PM

I only listen to Orchestra. Anything else (jazz, blues, bluegrass, rap, country, reggae, industrial etc.) won't do it for me and hurts my ears. Kinda unusual for a Czech Man who goes weightlifting every week, but that is just the way it is.

I despise the Halo games, just like any ego-shooters, adventures and jump'n'roses, but the music is the only good thing. No boring rock'n'roll, only orchestral pieces

Diesel Stanford 01-27-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1263363)
I don't often listen to "music," as the vast majority of it is secular and anti-Christian, and thus to be avoided (Ecclesiastes 7:5), and most music purporting to be "Christian" is really of the Devil (2 Corinthians 11:14). However, when pumping iron or running through the woods to promote the manly, muscular Christianity embodied by Jesus (1 Corinthians 6:19), there's one Godly song that always gets me going.

That is the only song I listen to as well. Praise God!

upchucker67 01-30-2020 05:23 AM

I do my crunches to this:

Unfortunately, I suspect the man in this video might be a homosexual, so I put black tape over the screen so I can see the girl only. :hmmm:

BrotherLarry 02-02-2020 04:27 PM

Mr. Hucker:

As someone well versed in the ways of the homosexual, I can assure you the man in that video is straight. Note the drab colors, the shirt that screams 2018, and the eye contact between the man and the female. Nope. Not gay. You’re safe. My friends Lance and Serge both agreed, feeling no twitch in their loins.

May the Lord Open.

upchucker67 02-02-2020 07:36 PM

Thank you Larry. I have no clue about the nuances of homer infliction, and you have enlightened me once more. I hope we can eventually become good friends as I seek out Christ here. :)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-05-2020 03:58 PM

People say the only conservatives in music make Gantsa Rap. Not true:

Sally Paulson 02-06-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1264066)

Bless their souls, I've got nothing against jive-talk, some of my best friends speak in jungle-gibberish (junglerish?). But come on, the very first line in the song is "1,2,1,2,3,4"! If you want me to listen to your entire song, you could at least learn how to count!

Isabella White 02-06-2020 05:45 PM

Dear Heaven above! I don't know what kind of workouts you younger people do, but I'd imagine they can be fast and intense. Now, for the senior members of :forum-fancy:, I can think of nothing more suitable than a stately march to keep in shape. Why, none could be better than the one below, which involves :god-fancy: and :his: great :glory: Now, just imagine the type of inspiring workout that one can achieve by listening to this wondrous music. To :jesus-fancy: be given much :praise-2:

Diesel Stanford 02-07-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella White (Post 1264105)
Dear Heaven above! I don't know what kind of workouts you younger people do, but I'd imagine they can be fast and intense. Now, for the senior members of :forum-fancy:, I can think of nothing more suitable than a stately march to keep in shape. Why, none could be better than the one below, which involves :god-fancy: and :his: great :glory: Now, just imagine the type of inspiring workout that one can achieve by listening to this wondrous music. To :jesus-fancy: be given much :praise-2:

HALLELUJAH!

LW1997 03-18-2020 10:52 AM

Only one answer.

Diesel Stanford 06-14-2020 05:35 PM

I do not listen to any music anymore, even country isn't masculine and conservative anymore. But I do like some pre-90's stuff, especially this Charlie Daniels song that says "But if I had my way with people sellin' dope
Take a big tall tree and a short piece of rope

I'd hang 'em up high and let them swing 'til the sun goes down"

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 06-15-2020 02:28 PM

Not that I work out, but I find this little ditty quite tuneful when driving on road trips. It makes the hours fly by.