The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Packers or Steelers? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=59098)

loveforchrist 02-04-2011 03:57 AM

Packers or Steelers?

Surprised a thread hasn't been made yet. Who are you praying will win the Superbowl?

Rev. Jim Osborne 02-04-2011 04:19 AM

Re: Packers or Steelers?

Well, to be honest, I wish God's Favorite Team™ the Dallas Cowboys were playing this year. At least the Super Bowl® is being held at Cowboys Stadium.

Anyways, I'll be rooting for Pittsburgh, since while they are notorious rivals against the Cowboys in the Super Bowl®, they still come from a decent, blue-collar, hard-working town. Green Bay is from Wisconsin, which last I checked, was a pretty liberal place.

Don't forget to check out our annual Super Bowl® pool we have going here. I'll be setting it up in a day or two. :thumbsup:

BelieverInGod 02-04-2011 04:20 AM

What about I'm a woman and have no comprehension of football?

Levi Jones 02-04-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 688419)
Well, to be honest, I wish God's Favorite Team™ the Dallas Cowboys were playing this year. At least the Super Bowl® is being held at Cowboys Stadium.

Anyways, I'll be rooting for Pittsburgh, since while they are notorious rivals against the Cowboys in the Super Bowl®, they still come from a decent, blue-collar, hard-working town. Green Bay is from Wisconsin, which last I checked, was a pretty liberal place.

Don't forget to check out our annual Super Bowl® pool we have going here. I'll be setting it up in a day or two. :thumbsup:

Indeed, the Packers are a communist team. They are publicly owned! What kind of insanity is that? Why do they hate billionaires so much?

James Dewitt 02-04-2011 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 688422)
Indeed, the Packers are a communist team. They are publicly owned! What kind of insanity is that? Why do they hate billionaires so much?

As a Billionaire, I hate the damn packers! I never use that word but really Packers(inset fudge) damn bunch of homers

Jo Freddie 02-04-2011 04:37 AM

Brother Enoch 02-04-2011 04:44 AM

Football? That's like hockey on grass, right? Anyway, I can't ever imagine going for the Packies. :rolleyes:

Though it must be entertaining to watch. Do the Packies randomly explode on the field? :rofl:

James Dewitt 02-04-2011 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Enoch (Post 688438)
Football? That's like hockey on grass, right? Anyway, I can't ever imagine going for the Packies. :rolleyes:

Though it must be entertaining to watch. Do the Packies randomly explode on the field? :rofl:

I will leave it at this, I would rather my daughter be a whore than my son be a Packer fan.

loveforchrist 02-04-2011 05:41 AM

I am routing for the Steelers. I hate the Packers. May God's fire rain upon them!

Brother Enoch 02-04-2011 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveforchrist (Post 688490)
I am routing for the Steelers. I hate the Packers. May God's fire rain upon them!

I hear their fans all smell like moldy cheese. So at least they won't procreate.

Godsgrace 02-04-2011 08:57 AM

I suspect the name "Packers" is somehow homer...

Let's pray for the Steelers...

Bobby-Joe 02-04-2011 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since I was born in Butler Pennsylvanian I know Jesus is with the Steelers all the way. GLORY!

And BTW it's pronounced the "Pittsburgh Stillers", there is no such team as the "Pittsburgh Steelers"

CultusBulimia 02-04-2011 10:14 PM

I love how you guys changed the poll from
Packers: 5 50%
Steelers 5 50%
To packers 4
steelers 10

Good job :D

James Hutchins 02-04-2011 10:17 PM

I have to root for the Steelers too. Steel is very American. :usa:

'Packers' sounds kind of homer like, are they from San Fransisco?:wacko:

Bobby-Joe 02-04-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CultusBelena (Post 688901)
I love how you guys changed the poll from
Packers: 5 50%
Steelers 5 50%
To packers 4
steelers 10

Good job :D

We didn't do anything. Jesus did.

One Savior, one vote. that's how it works here friend.

CultusBulimia 02-04-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 688909)
We didn't do anything. Jesus did.

One Savior, one vote. that's how it works here friend.

I wonder if I can get my buddy satan to vote packers

Bible Student 02-04-2011 11:23 PM

Considering I once lived in Pittsburgh (if one could call being in Pittsburgh living), I will cheer for the Steelers. But I'm telling you now that I would rather own them or play on the team than watch them on TV. I really hate being outside looking in.

John Creeser 02-04-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Well, to be honest, I wish God's Favorite Team™ the Dallas Cowboys were playing this year.
I believe God agrees with you Rev. Osbourne, he's smited Dallas with a snow storm:o

Bobby-Joe 02-04-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CultusBelena (Post 688915)
I wonder if I can get my buddy satan to vote packers

Begone demon. Your magic will not work here.

James Dewitt 02-04-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 688903)
I have to root for the Steelers too. Steel is very American. :usa:

'Packers' sounds kind of homer like, are they from San Fransisco?:wacko:

No the Packers are from the land of cheese, whores and liberals. Wisconsin. The hell hole Green Bay is the home of the fudge packers.