The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   How much do I tip the garbage men? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=32649)

Nobar King 12-11-2009 09:34 PM

How much do I tip the garbage men?

I get an envelope for them with my bill every year. I think the newspaper man and the postman might expect tips, too. If I leave anything I'll give them ten bucks. I don't like leaving money on the garbage cans in case the kids take it, so I'll pay attention and try not to miss them and hand the tip personally. Maybe they won't leave my cans all over the street this year.

Brother Enoch 12-11-2009 09:43 PM

Re: How much do I tip the garbage men?

My garbage men are Nazis. Our trash has to be sorted just right. Paper in one blue bag, plastic in another, cans in yet another, vegetable matter, well that's supposed to be in a green bin. And the green bin has to be facing forward at the curb, not sideways or backwards. If anything is done incorrectly, they leave our garbage along with a snotty note attached to it. They get nothing from me.

My paper guy, however, he gets a big tip. Probably 40 bucks. He always has my paper at my door by 6:30am, even in the most blinding snowstorm.

I pay for good service. :)

Ezekiel Bathfire 12-11-2009 10:02 PM

I left 12 bottles of foreign beer - 7.5% - out last Christmas. Then I waited an hour and phoned Ofcr. Roberts down the police station. That bastard who spread my garbage over my lawn was found to be DUI. I had quite a Merry Christmas.

SUV 12-11-2009 10:13 PM

These sorts of common Working people enjoy a good joke even more than they do Money.

So I'd Save my Samoans and instead crack them up with bon mots about flies, maggots, and rotting garbage :rofl:

And of course, don't forget to throw in a hearty MERRY CHRISTMAS! afterwards :)

Bobby-Joe 12-11-2009 10:24 PM

Brother Nobar,

Garbage men are union workers! :fear2:You are feeding those class warfare vampire takers who are just their to rape the producers who own the garbage company. If anyone deserves a tip for the "work" these union leeches supposedly do it is you and your fellow citizens in your community that are forced to use their services nanny state collectivists.

Neither Jesus nor George Washington never had a garbage man.

Jenni111 12-11-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 430305)
Brother Nobar,

Garbage men are union workers! :fear2:You are feeding those class warfare vampire takers who are just their to rape the producers who own the garbage company. If anyone deserves a tip for the "work" these union leeches supposedly do it is you and your fellow citizens in your community that are forced to use their services nanny state collectivists.

Neither Jesus nor George Washington never had a garbage man.

That's true, but some of those guys actually do their job better than expected of them

Brother Enoch 12-11-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenni111 (Post 430320)
That's true, but some of those guys actually do their job better than expected of them

Where in Canada are you? I thought our garbage men were all recycle nazis, coast to coast to coast. :angry:

Talitha 12-11-2009 11:08 PM

I leave it to my Housekeeper. If she wants to pay them then it comes out of her own wages.
Do you really give them money? :o
I thought they just helped themselves to the leftovers.

Jenni111 12-11-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Enoch (Post 430325)
Where in Canada are you? I thought our garbage men were all recycle nazis, coast to coast to coast. :angry:

British Columbia (nothing to do with Britain)

Brother Enoch 12-11-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenni111 (Post 430328)
British Columbia (nothing to do with Britain)

Riiight. Nothing to do with Britain at all.

That's why you have the union jack on your flag...:wacko:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/tim...umbia-flag.jpg

Once was lost 12-12-2009 02:28 PM

If i tip my Garbage man it would mean that my Church might have to do without. I just can't live with that thought.

SUV 12-12-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenni111 (Post 430320)

Of course neegroes and the have-nots who, through their own sinful ways, are forsaken by God, ought to do a great job for us!

Even that darkie George Washington Carver exhorted his "people" with: "Even if you are only a porter, be the best porter you can be."

This has nothing to do with actually paying them - let alone tipping them :angry:

James Hutchins 12-12-2009 07:24 PM

Tip garbage men???? That is probably the most insane thing I ever heard. They get paid at least minimum wage (and I bet more than that) to do the work of apes. And on top of the exorbitant wages, they have first pickings at my unwanted refuse. I've thrown out old mattresses, shoes, underware the list is endless. Mind you, these are all things that I may of been using right up to the point of disposal, so you know there is some use left.

Did people tip Jesus for healing them? Tipping, garbage men, was this thread started 04/01?

HTannor 12-21-2009 10:31 PM

I agree with Brother James.

Our garbage men here have those automatic lifters on their trucks. They pull up to the curb and stick out the robotic arm. The arm grabs the trash can and lifts it up and dumps it into the truck.

The garbage man never leaves the cab of the truck. He just sits there year round with the air conditioning blasting in the summer, and the heater blowing warm air on him in the winter. And in the winter is probably the closest time he ever comes near breaking a sweat - because he has the heater set too high.

If he wants a tip, I'll give him a tip: "Don't invest in Chrysler - it's a loser."

Noah Dint 12-22-2009 02:54 PM

Our garbage man is a Mexican. Because we live so close to the border I would bet that he is here illegally. According to this month's statistics, 8.7% of the good folks around here would like to have a job. A job like this border hopping, nacho eating, heathen from hell wetback took from a good hard working True Christian™ family.

The only tip I'm giving this Christmas is to tip-off Imigration that he's here so they can deport him and we can all watch his family turn to selling blankets and pottery by the side of the road. I'd rather have a sewer rat problem. At least you are allowed to shoot them...

-ND

Rev. M. Rodimer 12-22-2009 06:26 PM

Is garbageman-tipping the "PETA" alternative to cow-tipping?

These people have no shame. They're happy to degrade Mexicans in favor of witless beasts. :angry:

Um . . . I mean, happy to degrade Mexicans in favor of four-legged witless beasts. :blush:

Collective Judas 12-22-2009 07:19 PM

I have a tip for garbage men, stop digging through my trash looking for presents for your children.:thumbdown: