The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Who wants a Peleton for Christmas? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117121)

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 12-08-2019 07:31 PM

Who wants a Peleton for Christmas?

I've seen these weight-loss machines are very popular with the ladies. Personally I don't see the attraction but I know you ladies like to take care of yourselves with gym schedules and diets and make-up and shaving all your body hair. So who's going to drop hints for one of these machines for Christmas - then you can get the 6am gym experience in the comfort of your own home?

BibleReader2231 12-09-2019 12:59 AM

Re: Who wants a Peleton for Christmas?

I was told I should get a Peloton. I asked my Pa about these bikes. He hasn’t said yes or no. I get the feeling his silent stare followed by walking away makes me think he is getting me one for Christmas so I have to pretend like I have no clue now.

Mary Etheldreda 12-09-2019 01:43 AM

What a neat idea, Dr. Toole! For a woman struggling with her character that is. Those of us whom the LORD has blessed with ambitious wombs are always fit! Why, people stop and stare at me and all my children with looks of admiration when we're in downtown Des Moines, whether we're shouting scripture so men can hear the Word of God and by hearing have faith (Romans 10:17) and be saved (Ephesians 2:8), or throwing stones at sinners to catch their attention (John 8:7; 1 John 5:18), between raising my children and tending to my back yard vineyard (Proverbs 31:16-17), I wouldn't have time to use such a secular toy. Strangers stop me on the street and ask me the secret of my captivating smile! When they find out how many children I have, they congratulate me and tell me I don't look a day over 24! This happens all the time! People say these things to me all the time! They're always talking about it! No, sitting on a simulation disco stick that functions to induce a state heaving bosoms like a whore might have is not for me, thank you very much.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 12-09-2019 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleReader2231 (Post 1261831)
I was told I should get a Peloton. I asked my Pa about these bikes. He hasn’t said yes or no. I get the feeling his silent stare followed by walking away makes me think he is getting me one for Christmas so I have to pretend like I have no clue now.

Maxine, engaging in deception is a dangerous strategy. Perhaps you should be more forthcoming about how much you need one of these things. Fake it, if necessary. Think of the plus size side - maybe you'll attract a high quality husband and be one less mouth to feed. What a gift to your father.

Dennis Lukes 12-09-2019 02:25 AM

I have no idea what this thing is, so I Googled it (emphasis added).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedpedia
In a road bicycle race , the peloton (from French, originally meaning 'platoon') is the main group or pack of riders. Riders in a group save energy by riding close (drafting or slipstreaming) to (particularly behind) other riders.

Who wants a peleton for Christmas? Gay French hippie communists, apparently.

BibleReader2231 12-09-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1261835)
Maxine, engaging in deception is a dangerous strategy. Perhaps you should be more forthcoming about how much you need one of these things. Fake it, if necessary. Think of the plus size side - maybe you'll attract a high quality husband and be one less mouth to feed. What a gift to your father.

I’m rather confident in my own body. I might be only a couple of pounds above some of the other girls in my classes but I wouldn’t consider myself to be overweight. Nonetheless I am having thoughts on whether workout tapes would be more effective than a 2000 dollar bicycle. I decided to go through some and found this.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....ZL._SY445_.jpg

For any of the older folk at Freehold who feel that VHS tapes may not be for them, I also found this.

https://i.etsystatic.com/15165308/r/...66518_4tsq.jpg

Nevertheless, after reading the opinions of the elders of LBC here, I think it would be wise to pass on a Peloton. I don’t think I’m in “need” as nobody has ever told me I’m overweight or anything. I think if I were out of shape then someone would tell me by now right? I’m reminded of 1 Corinthians 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

God would also give me a sign to tell me I’m overweight as well and if I’m to have a Peloton, it would be him who’d give it to me as per Proverbs 3:5.

WilliamJenningsBryan 12-10-2019 12:25 AM

If you can afford one of these overpriced Peloton's (as well as their stock), it means you're not tithing enough to Jesus.

If kitchen and house chores are not enough to keep fit and trim, there's always snow shoveling and lawn mowing (with the added benefit of depriving income to illegal immigrants so they will head back home). How about walking to the grocery store and carrying back your purchases. Finally, there's always putting on a crown of thorns and dragging a cross a few miles.

MitzaLizalor 12-12-2019 04:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow! They see this:

. #1. #2
.PRICE: less than $200
.GOES: anywhere
.PRICE: more than $2,000
.GOES: nowhere
Attachment 28561Attachment 28562

and think, “Yeeeeaaahhrggh ...NUMBER 2 ...niice!"

. Would someone not in tune with The Lord benefit from exercise?
. . It's like those "joggers" doing their "stretching" on street corners or by traffic lights.
. . . Why carry on like that in such a place?
. . . . Proverbs 7:12

Emily Brent 12-12-2019 04:47 AM

My great aunt Wynnie on her return trip from Zimbabwe brought me one of these when as a little girl, along with a hoof-clubbed stick and an elephant's foot.

Charming beasts, how I miss mine..

https://www.thethirdpole.net/wp-cont...re-Society.jpg

Adam Fag 12-12-2019 09:43 AM

Is that an aard-vark? I don't think you can eat them.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 12-12-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily Brent (Post 1261993)
My great aunt Wynnie on her return trip from Zimbabwe brought me one of these

From ZImbabwe, you say? Oh my goodness! However did the poor creature get there?

Emily Brent 12-12-2019 11:49 AM

The peletons are native all over Africa, you can see it on a map. It's somewhere in that jumble of central territories.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...nis_ranges.png

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 12-12-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily Brent (Post 1262003)
The peletons are native all over Africa, you can see it on a map. It's somewhere in that jumble of central territories.

By "poor creature", I was referring to your great aunt.

Emily Brent 12-12-2019 01:04 PM

I suppose she was a whinny critter of misfortune. She had a glass eye that wiggled, and a nose like a garygole.

WilliamJenningsBryan 12-12-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1261992)
Wow! They see this:

. #1. #2
.PRICE: less than $200
.GOES: anywhere
.PRICE: more than $2,000
.GOES: nowhere
Attachment 28561Attachment 28562

and think, “Yeeeeaaahhrggh ...NUMBER 2 ...niice!"

. Would someone not in tune with The Lord benefit from exercise?
. . It's like those "joggers" doing their "stretching" on street corners or by traffic lights.
. . . Why carry on like that in such a place?
. . . . Proverbs 7:12

Jesus also hates virtue singnaling.

Quote:

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

- Matthew 6:1

Mary Etheldreda 12-12-2019 06:19 PM

I hear Peleton stock is going down. I can only assume it is due to the Great Awakening President Trump has inspired in Christian America! Now that people are taking their faiths seriously they are reading the Bible and find skinniness is not Godliness:

The Lord loves fat so much He will take charge of it all.

All the fat is the Lord's.
Leviticus 3:16

Even God's sword is fat (and bloody).

The sword of the LORD is filled with blood,
it is made fat with fatness. Isaiah 34:6

God likes fat animals, too. He will even engorge them with people to make them even fatter, all in the name of His vengeful justice.

Thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field ...
Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth ...
And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
Ezekiel 39:17-19

Lazy people are skinny and poor, and the LORD has no affection for them.

The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing:
but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.
Proverbs 13:4

The Word of God is clear, if you trust Jesus, He will make you fat.

He that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.
Proverbs 28:25

You can know the tree by it's fruit (Matthew 7:16), and wicked people are skinny and hungry fruit, whereas the righteous aren't afraid to pack a Godly amount of junk in their trunk.

The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree ...
they shall be fat.
Psalm 92:12;14

The righteous eateth to the satisfying of his soul:
but the belly of the wicked shall want.
Proverbs 13:25

I don't know why anyone would spend money on a contraption that Jesus so clearly disapproves of, and I think that is why their sales are hitting rock bottom.

Emily Brent 12-13-2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1262022)

Lazy people are skinny and poor, and the LORD has no affection for them.

The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing:
but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.
Proverbs 13:4

The Word of God is clear, if you trust Jesus, He will make you fat.

He that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.
Proverbs 28:25

You can know the tree by it's fruit (Matthew 7:16), and wicked people are skinny and hungry fruit, whereas the righteous aren't afraid to pack a Godly amount of junk in their trunk.

The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree ...
they shall be fat.
Psalm 92: 1214

You exemplify these virtues better than none other. (Except VictoryOS) :D

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 04-17-2021 08:16 PM

If anyone wondered how these Peloton things work, I found an instructional video online. You can see the excess weight being almost shorn off in no time at all.

WWJDnow 04-22-2021 01:59 PM

They could use these devices in Missouri. I understand that the Christian ladies there could do to lose a few pounds.