The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

Herschel Jr 02-25-2011 11:32 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
I don't know about Lightening, or OutOfYourMind, but I for one can say that YOU PEOPLE ARE piffleING INSANE!

You say not to blame you and the rest of Landover Church for selling your daughters, for it's God's word in the Bible, but why can't you see it's one of three things?

1. You are misinterpreting God's word
2. You are too daft and idiotic to realize it is simply morally wrong to sell your daughter and making your OWN decisions is far better than mindlessly following a figment of your imagination.
3. You are just plain terrible people.

PLEASE don't sell/buy a thirteen year old girl. Not only is it wrong, but it is illegal. You are all proud of your American nationality and see God as a hateful being that loves no one but American White Males. Why on Earth, if it really is your destiny to sell your daughter as God demands, would God make this mandatory in a place where human trafficking is illegal (and what you people are doing is FAR worse...its practically slavery, which is also illegal).

WHAT THE piffle!

You and each and every one of you Landover Baptists are batshit crazy and will see; if there really is a God, you WILL be banished to eternal damnation!

...see you there!:devil:

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 02-25-2011 11:52 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herschel Jr (Post 701138)
I don't know about Lightening, or OutOfYourMind, but I for one can say that YOU PEOPLE ARE piffleING INSANE!

You say not to blame you and the rest of Landover Church for selling your daughters, for it's God's word in the Bible, but why can't you see it's one of three things?

1. You are misinterpreting God's word
2. You are too daft and idiotic to realize it is simply morally wrong to sell your daughter and making your OWN decisions is far better than mindlessly following a figment of your imagination.
3. You are just plain terrible people.

PLEASE don't sell/buy a thirteen year old girl. Not only is it wrong, but it is illegal. You are all proud of your American nationality and see God as a hateful being that loves no one but American White Males. Why on Earth, if it really is your destiny to sell your daughter as God demands, would God make this mandatory in a place where human trafficking is illegal (and what you people are doing is FAR worse...its practically slavery, which is also illegal).

WHAT THE piffle!

You and each and every one of you Landover Baptists are batshit crazy and will see; if there really is a God, you WILL be banished to eternal damnation!

...see you there!:devil:

Summarized in a few simple lines.

I hate you all so much. You are mean poopy heads!
I hate Jesus. I don't believe in God! You are twisting God's Word even though I don't believe in God.
I don't believe in God, but you're all going to burn in hell! :taz:

Benedict A. Davis 02-26-2011 03:49 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herschel Jr (Post 701138)
I don't know about Lightening, or OutOfYourMind, but I for one can say that YOU PEOPLE ARE piffleING INSANE!

You say not to blame you and the rest of Landover Church for selling your daughters, for it's God's word in the Bible, but why can't you see it's one of three things?

1. You are misinterpreting God's word
2. You are too daft and idiotic to realize it is simply morally wrong to sell your daughter and making your OWN decisions is far better than mindlessly following a figment of your imagination.
3. You are just plain terrible people.


PLEASE don't sell/buy a thirteen year old girl. Not only is it wrong, but it is illegal. You are all proud of your American nationality and see God as a hateful being that loves no one but American White Males. Why on Earth, if it really is your destiny to sell your daughter as God demands, would God make this mandatory in a place where human trafficking is illegal (and what you people are doing is FAR worse...its practically slavery, which is also illegal).

WHAT THE piffle!

You and each and every one of you Landover Baptists are batshit crazy and will see; if there really is a God, you WILL be banished to eternal damnation!

...see you there!:devil:

Do you think this whole Idea of selling young girls to be new or originate within the walls of Landover Baptist Church. You do realize that it has been common practice in the USA before there was a USA. It was described in Camden's Britannica published in the 1690's. In fact it was many years before the wedding ceremony was the binding contract of a wedding.
Quote:

Sundry provisions in the Anglo-Saxon statutes, frequent allusions in early English literature, and passages in the prayer book, appear to indicate that the earliest marriages in England were by capture, consented to or condoned by the bride; or more generally by purchase, sanctioned by the village or gens, the bride's father selling or giving the bride,3 and perhaps in later times performing some sort of ceremony on the occasion.4 In the language of the old prayer book of the time of Edward VI.:

BelieverInGod 02-26-2011 05:34 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
And yet not one of these rabid God-mockers have shown me a state that has a law against Bride prices (I'll give you the hint, it's the opposite of a dowry, which is legal as well).

Somehow they think that coming in here and screaming THAT'S ILLEGAL, THAT'S ABUSE, THAT'S WRONG!!!!11!!!!1 makes it so. Then they freak out because we don't fall into line with their beliefs in how the world should work.

Even the Jehovah's Witnesses accept the practice as Biblical.

AmIOutOfMyMind 02-26-2011 04:38 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 701284)
And yet not one of these rabid God-mockers have shown me a state that has a law against Bride prices (I'll give you the hint, it's the opposite of a dowry, which is legal as well).

Somehow they think that coming in here and screaming THAT'S ILLEGAL, THAT'S ABUSE, THAT'S WRONG!!!!11!!!!1 makes it so. Then they freak out because we don't fall into line with their beliefs in how the world should work.

Even the Jehovah's Witnesses accept the practice as Biblical.



You still don't get it/// i hope you have gone to school...there is something called morals..you for sure dont have any.. pigs..thats what you are..

You should all take some water and drown in it..that is what you should all do..you might as well go to heaven for this one thing..

BelieverInGod 02-26-2011 08:14 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmIOutOfMyMind (Post 701442)
You still don't get it/// i hope you have gone to school...there is something called morals..you for sure dont have any.. pigs..thats what you are..

You should all take some water and drown in it..that is what you should all do..you might as well go to heaven for this one thing..

I have 2 Bachelor degrees from Secular Universities, yeah I get it. You live in a fantasy world where you think just because you don't like something, that automatically makes it illegal.

Well, when exactly did you become God? Who said you get to decree what is right and wrong in the world?

Bible Student 02-27-2011 09:19 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmIOutOfMyMind (Post 701442)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod http://www.landoverbaptist.net/image...s/viewpost.gif
And yet not one of these rabid God-mockers have shown me a state that has a law against Bride prices (I'll give you the hint, it's the opposite of a dowry, which is legal as well).

Somehow they think that coming in here and screaming THAT'S ILLEGAL, THAT'S ABUSE, THAT'S WRONG!!!!11!!!!1 makes it so. Then they freak out because we don't fall into line with their beliefs in how the world should work.

Even the Jehovah's Witnesses accept the practice as Biblical.

You still don't get it/// i hope you have gone to school...there is something called morals..you for sure dont have any.. pigs..thats what you are..

You should all take some water and drown in it..that is what you should all do..you might as well go to heaven for this one thing..

Amazing, you spout off nonsense, you are proven wrong, then you start insulting a True Christian™ lady. You atheists are all alike.

I'm going to suggest you apologize to Sister BelieverInGod. Other True Christians™ here might not be so nice to you. You aren't going to disappoint me, are you? I'll look back in on you in a little while to make sure you took my hint.

MitzaLizalor 02-27-2011 10:52 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Here's a little hint, something I learned at school (when I was about 6). After making a statement, give an example to back it up.

EXAMPLE A

step 1
. . “On the way to school this morning I found a pomegranate”

step 2 . . “Here it is” . . http://u8353.direct.atpic.com/39024/0/2104368/0.jpg

Then people won't think you're an idiot (even if you are).

_____________________________________________


EXAMPLE B

step 1
. . “On the way to school this morning I found a Nintendo DS”

step 2 . . “Here it is” . . http://u8353.direct.atpic.com/39024/0/2104369/0.jpg

People will think you are an idiot (even if you're not).

_____________________________________________


EXAMPLE C

step 1
. . “God never means anyone any harm i think its just how you interpret the writings”



:blink:

It's obvious to everyone that whoever made that statement is an idiot.

_____________________________________________

Now let's have a look at some recent posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmIOutOfMyMind (Post 701054)
……[assorted unsubstantiated mumbo-jumbo deleted]……god never means
anyone any harm i think its just how you interpret the writings... also assumimg god even exists..
go is the person u would want someone to be who has all ur moral beliefs within ...
god is the gudness inside u that u believe in .. that u still have
if u want me to argue or "attack " that god .. then im doing just that

Fortunately this is not the junior debating society - poster AmIOutOfMyMind has no idea what words like "argue" "attack" or "debate" in fact signify.
Grammar and spelling here are just ludicrous (even by txtspeak standards) but a few examples could be added to illustrate these statements.

step 1 . . God never means anyone any harm

step 2 . . Thus saith the LORD of hosts… Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. ref: I Samuel 15:2a,3

That's a reasonable example, and I need to repeat the original assertion with just one word highlighted: “God never means anyone any harm”

Poster is an idiot who has never read The Bible..
_____________________________________________

step 1 . . it's just how you interpret the writings

step 2 . . Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. ref: II Peter 1:20-21

OK, that's what God says.
:prophet: The description I've underlined precisely describes how God's word was revealed in I Samuel 15:3.
In that passage I've highlighted one word: slay. Let's look at a few definitions:

slay Canbridge dictionary
slay Dictionary.com
slay Merriam-Webster
slay Princeton
slay 29+ assorted dictionary definitions OneLook dictionary search
slay I'll even include Wiktionary for some popular usage!

Interpret that!


_____________________________________________

Well I said I'd cover the whole post, so here goes with the final part:

step 1 . . go is the person u would want someone to be who has all ur moral beliefs within ...
god is the gudness inside u that u believe in .. that u still have
if u want me to argue or "attack " that god .. then im doing just that


:seestars:

There is only one possible conclusion. Poster knows nothing about God's Plan For Salvation, has not read The Bible & is a complete dunderhead.

Everything posted is completely contradicted in God's word. Assessment by one of the Pastors would be necessary to determine the degree of demonic possession, but that last bit of gobbledygook contains enough recognisable words to show us that POSTER IS INVENTING GOD IN OWN IMAGE like some dream fantasy.
THAT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE (frequently). God tells us:

JUDE 1: 8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

God is real. He does exist. If He did not, the world would not exist.
God has told us Himself, so that we will know He Is real and alive — more alive than we are.
God states:

EXODUS 3: 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

:yahoo: Praise Him!!

handmaiden 02-27-2011 08:28 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeIsMyRock (Post 700673)
Wait. Weren't you a prostitute? Shouldn't you of all people be against selling another human being since it is what you used to do?

Ps. Did you dress in red and work in babylon when you were a prostitute?

Prostitution is clearly condemned in the Bible. The selling of a daughter to be a maid servant or wife or whatever is not.

Those who would seek discernment should consider the differences between the two practices.

It seems to me that the Bible is telling us that a woman selling her own flesh for the purpose of encouraging men to lust is a threat to the ordered fabric of a moral society.

The selling of a daughter under clearly proscribed protocols, on the other hand, supports the purpose of an ordered, moral society.

The overarching point -- besides the glorification of the One True God, obviously-- is that we will fall into moral and social chaos without the wise and holy instruction and guidance that the Almighty God Himself has given us through His Word.

This is the reason that people follow the Bible, after all. Without it, we would be feral, ignoble pigs, wallowing in the muck of our own filth.

With the Bible,however, we are socially cohesive sheep, fluffy of wool, and living in harmony while being cared for by our beloved Lord Jesus, the Good Shepherd-- whose rod and staff comfort us, even as they may be occasionally used to encourage us to get in line with the rest of the flock, lest we stray apart, and be a target for danger.

Warmly and Woolyily Yours,

Handmaiden

H. Montague Worthington 02-28-2011 06:17 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
It is sad that so many heathens and troublemakers come here to our Godly site to spew vicious insults, call us names, and mock our faith. We are simply a peaceful and Godly flock, merely trying to follow God's word, discussing our faith with each other on an Internet message board and finding comfort in the shared faith in God's word. But it seems that our fealty to the Holy Bible inspires rage and anger and abusive behavior in others, who seek us out to hurt and smear.

O Lord, why are we being tormented and What have we done to deserve this foul bile and ill treatment? What have we done to anyone to deserve this foul-mouthed, abusive mocking? Nothing at all, except to follow the Holy Bible (KJV 1611) exactly as it is written!!

Well, I suppose this kind of rude and foul treatment is to be expected. It's a shame, but it makes complete sense that meek and Godly people would be viciously mocked and attacked in the kind of country with such declining morals that it would elect a dirty Nigra Muslim Communist to shove his socialized health care down our throats and march us toward his Marxist indoctrination camps. What else would we expect from a nation that put sub-human, lazy and inferior Negroes into the executive mansion? It makes perfect sense that evil liberals would call us names and mock our faith, because they want the destruction of our Godly nation. They want the terrorists to win. They hate America and all that is good. They want our economy to be oriented around the abortion, porn, illegal drug, and gay wedding planning industries. They long for an upside-down society where homersexurals are given platforms to recruit school children, American flags are used as urinal cakes, and Negroes enslave whites rather than the other way around as God intended.

Sad. Very sad.

miss Pauletta 03-01-2011 05:22 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmIOutOfMyMind (Post 701442)
You still don't get it/// i hope you have gone to school...there is something called morals..you for sure dont have any.. pigs..thats what you are..

You should all take some water and drown in it..that is what you should all do..you might as well go to heaven for this one thing..

I agree with you that there is something called morals, and I would also go as far as to say that there is only one place from where any sinning human being can derive his morals from. Why are you cherry pickers always so hateful towards people who choose to follow the whole Bible?

2 Timothy 3:16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

We can't mold the Bible to fit what our puny human minds think life should be like. We can only mold our actions to fit the perfect Word of our divine Lord Jesus Christ.

MitzaLizalor 03-02-2011 10:46 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
You know, I'm glad I was taught simple little tricks when I was 5 or 6 (or 7 or 8). One of them was something called "reading comprehension" which probably commenced aged about 7. And the secret was that those little wriggly things on the paper (black usually) were a sort of code. If you were really observant, you'd notice that every time you heard a sound read out ("arsenic" for example) the same shaped black marks appeared on the page! Later we would learn how to connect those black wriggly things together, eventually assembling them into even bigger groups.
I was so proud when I produced my first joined up sentence!
http://u8353.direct.atpic.com/39024/0/2105488/0.jpg :symposion:
Reading comprehension does require that one can read, however. Even when used as a teaching method during the "Phonics" stage of any learning programme, some pre-existing reading skill is necessary, which is why "the alphabet" is taught before "words" (although not much before). Voice recognition technology - as used by many visitors here - render actual reading skills obsolete.

That might explain why drivel such as this:
Quote:

You say not to blame you and the rest of Landover Church for selling your daughters, for it's God's word in the Bible, but why can't you see it's one of three things?

1. You are misinterpreting God's word etc.

..appears with such monotonous regularity.

MISINTERPRET to form an understanding that is not correct of something that is said or done [CAMBRIDGE DICTIONARY]


http://u8353.direct.atpic.com/39024/0/2105484/0.jpg

Well, there are many arguments about what various passages of The Bible might mean. I don't buy into them myself because I understand that the same inspiration that was available to the prophets was equally available to the translators of The Authorized Version. I suppose that if you thought the original text was some sort of human originated concoction, there could be room for discussion as to the meaning of long deceased authors or extinct language groups - and of course many people do think that and produce their own "bibles" to reinforce their deluded belief systems. I will quote from some of those in this post using an orange typeface like this.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Herschel Jr (Post 701138)
I don't know about Lightening, or OutOfYourMind, but I for one can say that YOU PEOPLE ARE piffleING INSANE!

You say not to blame you and the rest of Landover Church for selling your daughters, for it's God's word in the Bible, but why can't you see it's one of three things?

1. You are misinterpreting God's word
2. You are too daft and idiotic to realize it is simply morally wrong to sell your daughter and making your OWN decisions is far better than mindlessly following a figment of your imagination.
3. You are just plain terrible people.

PLEASE don't sell/buy a thirteen year old girl. Not only is it wrong, but it is illegal. You are all proud of your American nationality and see God as a hateful being that loves no one but American White Males. Why on Earth, if it really is your destiny to sell your daughter as God demands, would God make this mandatory in a place where human trafficking is illegal (and what you people are doing is FAR worse...its practically slavery, which is also illegal).

WHAT THE piffle!

You and each and every one of you Landover Baptists are batshit crazy and will see; if there really is a God, you WILL be banished to eternal damnation!

...see you there!:devil:



OK. First off:
1. You are misinterpreting God's word

This is what God says:

EXODUS 21 2,7
2
If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.
7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.


Now here are the "interpretations" of some other translators.

New International Version:
If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything..
If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do.


New Living Translation:
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he may serve for no more than six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom..
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.


English Standard Version:
When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing..
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.


New American Standard Bible:
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years; but on the seventh he shall go out as a free man without payment..
If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do.


GOD'S WORD® Translation:
Whenever you buy a Hebrew slave, he will be your slave for six years. In the seventh year he may leave as a free man, without paying for his freedom..
Whenever a man sells his daughter into slavery, she will not go free the way male slaves do.


American King James Version:
If you buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing..
And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.


American Standard Version:
If thou buy a Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing..
And if a man sell his daughter to be a maid-servant, she shall not go out as the men-servants do.


Bible in Basic English:
If you get a Hebrew servant for money, he is to be your servant for six years, and in the seventh year you are to let him go free without payment..
And if a man gives his daughter for a price to be a servant, she is not to go away free as the men-servants do.


Douay-Rheims Bible:
If thou buy a Hebrew servant, six years shall he serve thee: in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing..
If any man sell his daughter to be a servant, she shall not go out as bondwomen are wont to go out.


Darby Bible Translation:
If thou buy a Hebrew bondman, six years shall he serve; and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing..
And if a man shall sell his daughter as a handmaid, she shall not go out as the bondmen go out.


English Revised Version:
If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing..
And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.


Webster's Bible Translation:
If thou shalt buy a Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall depart free for nothing..
And if a man shall sell his daughter to be a maid-servant, she shall not depart as the men-servants do.


World English Bible:
If you buy a Hebrew servant, he shall serve six years and in the seventh he shall go out free without paying anything.
If a man sells his daughter to be a female servant, she shall not go out as the male servants do..


Young's Literal Translation:
When thou buyest a Hebrew servant -- six years he doth serve, and in the seventh he goeth out as a freeman for nought..
And when a man selleth his daughter for a handmaid, she doth not go out according to the going out of the men-servants;


Quote:

1. You are misinterpreting God's word
2. You are too daft and idiotic to realize it is simply morally wrong to sell your daughter and making your OWN decisions is far better than mindlessly following a figment of your imagination.
3. You are just plain terrible people.


You have not quoted any scripture to support your second statement.
Let's have a look at what The Bible teaches:

PROVERBS 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his OWN eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

What does God mean by "counsel"? Guess what: HE TELLS US!

Jesus responded this way:
MATTHEW 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. cf DEUTERONOMY 8:3

JOHN 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Quote:

1. You are misinterpreting God's word
2. You are too daft and idiotic to realize it is simply morally wrong to sell your daughter and making your OWN decisions is far better than mindlessly following a figment of your imagination.
3. You are just plain terrible people.



Your third unsubstantiated assertion makes a value judgement. Naturally, this being a Christian forum, we prefer the assessment of God, and follow His Word which not only sustains us with spiritual food, but assures us that in accepting His guidance - which is clear and explicit - there is a bright future pending. HALLELUJAH!

But there are also mockers in this world, vile wretches who push and shove, eager to startle us that we might jump and jerk at their viscious barbs spasming off the narrow path that leads to salvation just as they have been jerked off by Satan. God tells us that these people are motivated by lust:

JUDE vv17-19 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

The ministry of the Holy Spirit has been consistent throughout the whole 6,000 years of history, and the behaviour of those mockers consistently repugnant. Repugnant to us and repugnant to God. You have suggested that there is some other interpretation of God's word that conforms to your salacious desires, the desires of Satan who is so in you.

I've presented 14 alternative "interpretations" of the matter which exercises you: choose one! Where have these "scholars" gone wrong in your opinion. Where have they "misrepresented" God's word? I would like to know.

The scripture I have quoted does not seem "idiotic" to me. In fact it seems very consistent. God tells us that we ought to follow His word, which is faultless - rather than our own ungodly lusts. We accept His recommendation and, unlike you, share in this promise:

JUDE vv 24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Daniella-of-Sweden 03-02-2011 01:06 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 626251)
How does $5.000 sound? Lately my wife is neglecting her duties claiming "old age" as an excuse and it is getting a bit tiresome to beat her up all the time.

I'll beat the laziness out of her in at most one week. It will take her months before she can walk again, but in the meantime she can do her duties while crawling. So as you can see you can rest assured she will be raised the True Christian™ way.

okay wait wait wait!!!

how can you even look upon yourself, without puking all over the mirror?!!

you are the weakest man I have ever met.


I saddens me, that a mind like that, still can exist in our modern day's

what do you think we live in?? the stone age?
A woman have got the same rights as any man!

we are equal beings, and a man should never hit a woman! and SURELY not his WIFE!

and trying to buy a little innocent girl, which have got no clue of this disgusting affair, I am Ashamed of this!

I totally lost believe in man kind, when i saw this post!

you are all a disgrace, and if any one goes to hell, then it is going be the two of you!

I hope your wife escapes your weak and pathetic grap one day.

From a Danish man proud of being equal with Women.

Daniel

Cranky Old Man 03-02-2011 03:18 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel-of-Denmark (Post 703408)
A woman have got the same rights as any man!

Where did you get that idiotic idea? The Bible is very clear on this and women do not have the same rights as any man!

1st Timothy 2:11-12 "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

Matthew 18:25 "But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made."


Ephesians 5:28-29
"So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church."

1st Corinthians 7:4 "The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife."

1st Corinthians 7:2 "
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."

Do you finally get it now?

Benedict A. Davis 03-02-2011 03:23 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Note to DoF, Who is this Nancy boy and did he find us while reading Womans Weekly? :facepalm:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/custo...tar31577_1.gif Daniel-of-Denmark http://www.landoverbaptist.net/image...er_offline.gif
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

MitzaLizalor 03-02-2011 08:56 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel-of-Denmark (Post 703408)
blah…blah…and trying to buy a little innocent girl…etc.

The Bible does not say that. The reason that we all exist in a state of sin, from birth, is due to Eve's treachery.

I TIMOTHY 2
13
For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.


We have polluted all of humanity with sin. The Bible tells me that men become unclean at birth, due to the birth process:

JOB 14
1
Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble.
2 He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.
3 And doth thou open thine eyes upon such an one, and bringest me into judgment with thee?
4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.


God tells us that women are twice as unclean as men.

LEVITICUS 12
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.
3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
4 And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.
5 But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.


Girls are unclean to start with; boys become contaminated at birth, but do not contaminate their mothers, whereas the maid child (verse 5) infects the mother with additional uncleanness giving rise to a decontamination period of over two momths.

God knows what a disgrace that is.

Quote:

blather…proud of being equal with Women.
For a man to debase himself to the level of a women is absolutely shameful.

I TIMOTHY 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

Not only will Pastor Jones' daughter be ashamed at what she has done, but she will grow to be afraid of her husband. God explains:

I PETER 3
1
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.


What on earth sort of Bible are you reading? :fear2:

rocknroll 03-05-2011 10:14 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
@OP, I am sorry that this economy has left you in such a bad shape. But. selling your daughter is not the solution to this. At most, it is a short term solution, if it's even legal.

I suggest that you take up a part time job if you are really in a bad situation, and encourage your daughter to babysit or something during the weekend for a couple of hours. This way, she will not only learn the value of money, but she will also become more independent.

Bible Student 03-06-2011 01:34 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniella-of-Sweden (Post 703408)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man http://www.landoverbaptist.net/image...s/viewpost.gif
How does $5.000 sound? Lately my wife is neglecting her duties claiming "old age" as an excuse and it is getting a bit tiresome to beat her up all the time.

I'll beat the laziness out of her in at most one week. It will take her months before she can walk again, but in the meantime she can do her duties while crawling. So as you can see you can rest assured she will be raised the True Christian™ way.

okay wait wait wait!!!

how can you even look upon yourself, without puking all over the mirror?!!

you are the weakest man I have ever met.


I saddens me, that a mind like that, still can exist in our modern day's


you are all a disgrace, and if any one goes to hell, then it is going be the two of you!

I hope your wife escapes your weak and pathetic grap one day.

From a Danish man proud of being equal with Women.

Daniel

Have you no respect? Do you not realize that Brother Cranky is a True Christian™ who follows every word of the 1611 King James Bible down to the jot and iota? As such, he deserves a heart felt apology from you. If you are unsure of the pecking order around here, just ask. Hint: Unsaved Trash like you are at the bottom.

Bible Student 03-06-2011 01:38 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknroll (Post 705122)
@OP, I am sorry that this economy has left you in such a bad shape. But. selling your daughter is not the solution to this. At most, it is a short term solution, if it's even legal.

I suggest that you take up a part time job if you are really in a bad situation, and encourage your daughter to babysit or something during the weekend for a couple of hours. This way, she will not only learn the value of money, but she will also become more independent.

Please pick up a 1611 King James Bible and read what it says about girls working and their place in the home and society at large. How could you miss Brother Cranky Old Man's and Sister MitzaLizalor's posts just a few inches above yours?

JackTheReborn 03-31-2011 02:47 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 703390)

OK. First off:
1. You are misinterpreting God's word

This is what God says:

EXODUS 21 2,7
2
If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.
7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.


Now here are the "interpretations" of some other translators.

New International Version:
If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything..
If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do.


New Living Translation:
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he may serve for no more than six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom..
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.


English Standard Version:
When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing..
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.


New American Standard Bible:
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years; but on the seventh he shall go out as a free man without payment..
If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do.


GOD'S WORD® Translation:
Whenever you buy a Hebrew slave, he will be your slave for six years. In the seventh year he may leave as a free man, without paying for his freedom..
Whenever a man sells his daughter into slavery, she will not go free the way male slaves do.


American King James Version:
If you buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing..
And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.


American Standard Version:
If thou buy a Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing..
And if a man sell his daughter to be a maid-servant, she shall not go out as the men-servants do.


Bible in Basic English:
If you get a Hebrew servant for money, he is to be your servant for six years, and in the seventh year you are to let him go free without payment..
And if a man gives his daughter for a price to be a servant, she is not to go away free as the men-servants do.


Douay-Rheims Bible:
If thou buy a Hebrew servant, six years shall he serve thee: in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing..
If any man sell his daughter to be a servant, she shall not go out as bondwomen are wont to go out.


Darby Bible Translation:
If thou buy a Hebrew bondman, six years shall he serve; and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing..
And if a man shall sell his daughter as a handmaid, she shall not go out as the bondmen go out.


English Revised Version:
If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing..
And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.


Webster's Bible Translation:
If thou shalt buy a Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall depart free for nothing..
And if a man shall sell his daughter to be a maid-servant, she shall not depart as the men-servants do.


World English Bible:
If you buy a Hebrew servant, he shall serve six years and in the seventh he shall go out free without paying anything.
If a man sells his daughter to be a female servant, she shall not go out as the male servants do..


Young's Literal Translation:
When thou buyest a Hebrew servant -- six years he doth serve, and in the seventh he goeth out as a freeman for nought..
And when a man selleth his daughter for a handmaid, she doth not go out according to the going out of the men-servants;

As a newcomer to this forum I have been browsing some older threads. This one is a shining example of why I praise GOD for guiding me here.

MitzaLizalor shows here a perfect example why we need to stick to the LORD's Word as it is written and as it is ment to be followed. Look at all those translations and how unguided people may easily, especially under a leadership of a false prophet, go against God's Word!

Many lost souls who wrongly believe following God even in this very thread have confessed disagreeing what God Himself has taught us: They say "It's wrong to sell your daughter" while it is clear as Sweet Jesus Himself that selling a man's daugter is a business of his and God's alone, nobody else's.

How's the sale going by the way. Too late to place a bid?


Love and Peace, Jack


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved