The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

MitzaLizalor 05-30-2013 04:56 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
I often find that the point of any discussion is well set out in the first post and yes, we are here to praise Jesus and what better way to do that than by following His commandments. Pastor Jones is particularly clear in what he posts and this OP is no exception; cutting to the res:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 623200)
It's fortunate that my daughter just turned 13. She needs to be betrothed anyway.

How much do you guys think I could get for her?

She, is of course a virgin. The tokens of virginity will be there on your wedding night when she reaches the age of consent or you can stone her as per Deuteronomy 22:13-21.

She is a decent cook, but lazy about cleaning. It's my wife's fault for that. I'm sure if you have a strong steady hand for keeping her in line, she can be encouraged to get better.

Any serious bids from True Christians will be considered.

You can't make her work out in the field. If you buy her for a wife you have to provide for her for the rest of her natural life, so please don't take this lightly. If you are buying her for your son, please make sure he likes her because otherwise you cannot return her.

Exodus 21:7-10 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who has betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he has dealt deceitfully with her.
And if he has betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
If he takes him another wife; her food, her clothing, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

God Bless,
Levi

I am sure that any other questions arising will similarly have been answered, there is a thread search function too. What could be more natural than a father's concern for his daughter's welfare.

Asshat Turdhead 06-03-2013 10:39 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
In this country, you will get a 5-15 year prison term if you try to sell your daughter. In another country, things might be different because all countries that would allow that do not have a police force to stop you.

Mary Etheldreda 06-03-2013 10:41 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen (Post 1006758)
In this country, you will get a 5-15 year prison term if you try to sell your daughter. In another country, things might be different because all countries that would allow that do not have a police force to stop you.

I can assure you, Pastor Jones will not go to prison for offering a dowry in a private, consensual transaction.

:)

Asshat Turdhead 06-03-2013 10:59 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
This is just a dowlry. Good, i thought this guy was going to sell another human being. That is perfectly legal, not as commonly practiced nowadays but legal.

MitzaLizalor 06-04-2013 09:06 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen (Post 1006758)
In this country, you will get a 5-15 year prison term if you try to sell your daughter. In another country, things might be different because all countries that would allow that do not have a police force to stop you.

:tinfoil: Saudi Arabia for example has a police force

Des 06-08-2013 11:50 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asshat Turdhead (Post 1006758)
In this country, you will get a 5-15 year prison term if you try to sell your daughter. In another country, things might be different because all countries that would allow that do not have a police force to stop you.

This serves to show how the Godless Democrat liberals have turned this promised land away from the Almighty Lord. Why it seems like only yesterday that my dear poppa was buying Mexicans to work his fields. Today America has turned her back on God, even to the point of allowing fanny pirates to corrupt the patriotic youth of the Boy Scouts. These are sinful times we live in when foolish laws written by secular men trump the Eternal Laws of God.

Glory onto Him.

Alexandria Puckett 06-10-2013 12:40 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
(Accidently posted this in the Men's thread awhile ago! Embarrassing!!)
I'm very disappointed that this old thread keeps getting bumped! People, every argument has already been made and resolved! Please read before you further annoy Landover's good Christian men.
And then read a KJV Bible after you've lost your argument.
We may not believe what you do, and vis versa, but shoving your beliefs down our throats is just plain rude! At least we keep it to one tiny corner of the internet!

Sorry for my yammering, boys, but I'm a little moody these days...Please pray with me for these uneducated heathens.

Trishen 07-05-2013 08:18 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Are Christians allowed to sell their daughters? I thought it only allowed in the old covenant, and we follow the new covenant now because of Jesus.

I'm a Christian for only 4 years, so I'm still a little bit confused :wacko:

Jack O'fagan 07-05-2013 09:58 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishen (Post 1013374)
Are Christians allowed to sell their daughters? I thought it only allowed in the old covenant, and we follow the new covenant now because of Jesus.

I'm a Christian for only 4 years, so I'm still a little bit confused :wacko:

What did Jesus have to say about a new covenant?

YIC

Jack

Pastor Ezekiel 07-06-2013 04:25 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishen (Post 1013374)
Are Christians allowed to sell their daughters? I thought it only allowed in the old covenant, and we follow the new covenant now because of Jesus.

I'm a Christian for only 4 years, so I'm still a little bit confused :wacko:

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner:

Prayer Warrior 07-12-2013 11:11 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishen (Post 1013374)
Are Christians allowed to sell their daughters? I thought it only allowed in the old covenant, and we follow the new covenant now because of Jesus.

I'm a Christian for only 4 years, so I'm still a little bit confused :wacko:

Do you mean the New Testament? Christians are to follow both the Old AND New Testaments, in fact you can't follow the New Testament without also following the Old Testament since it says in several places in the New Testament that the old rules still apply.

Mat 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mrs.Elizabeth 07-12-2013 05:43 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Is that charming young lady still in sale? Maybe I can help you telling my husband to look for a good purchaser in his job. His coworkers are a bit old for her but I think one of them could be a proper husband for her and give her the children and discipline she needs to be saved :)

Pastor Ezekiel 07-12-2013 06:31 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Elizabeth (Post 1014876)
Is that charming young lady still in sale? Maybe I can help you telling my husband to look for a good purchaser in his job. His coworkers are a bit old for her but I think one of them could be a proper husband for her and give her the children and discipline she needs to be saved :)

If you're American, then I'm Michael Jackson's stinking corpse. :thumbdown:

James Hutchins 07-24-2013 03:41 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ---AtheistRage--- (Post 1016851)
WaitWaitWaaaaiiiitt... Isn't the buying and selling or trading of other humans 100% illegal in The U.S????

No friend, no is really buying or selling, it is a lease arrangement.

Attila's Wife 07-25-2013 01:21 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 623200)
It's fortunate that my daughter just turned 13. She needs to be betrothed anyway.

How much do you guys think I could get for her?

Is this young woman still available? I see that she must be almost 16 by now, which would be at the upper end of my clients' range, but I might be able to obtain 500 for her on the understanding that she is still a virgin.

Megorium 07-25-2013 02:12 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Wow...you love your house more than your own daughter. This makes me so sad to hear that people actually sell their kids like this. Just throwing them out like they are nothing....like they are garbage. Now wait...Garbage with a price right? Gosh I just don't want to believe it. I would never sell my sweet daughter...she is precious and she has a rights of her own.

Attila's Wife 07-25-2013 02:56 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
It is all very well for wealthy men like you, Mego, to take this line. But remember Matthew 19:24.

Cranky Old Man 07-25-2013 03:57 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megorium (Post 1017014)
Wow...you love your house more than your own daughter.

Duh! Daughters are worthless, whining and annoying while a house is a place to live and prosper while serving Jesus.

My guess would be that you have no daughters and have no idea what you are talking about...

Oneofakind 07-28-2013 06:25 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1017026)
Duh! Daughters are worthless, whining and annoying while a house is a place to live and prosper while serving Jesus.

My guess would be that you have no daughters and have no idea what you are talking about...

I have 3. They are amazing human beings who I would die for and most certainly would NEVER sell.

MitzaLizalor 07-29-2013 12:17 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneofakind (Post 1017626)
I have 3. They are amazing human beings who I would die for and most certainly would NEVER sell.

Why are you so hostile to God's Perfect Love?

Why do you reject His Just Law?


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums 1620, 2018 all rights reserved