The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Corona Virus (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117425)

Pastor Ezekiel 03-13-2020 04:45 AM

Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Are you trying to Jew Jesus, people?! :angry:

There have been false rumors spreading about some people contracting the virus from me and Donnie, and that we should get self-isolated and tested for the disease.

Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? (Matthew 8:26).

Jesus would never allow some sort of disease enter me or Donnie! We are both in perfect health.

I have also heared some rumors that some members of our church have been thinking about not coming to the church this Sunday out of fear of contracting the virus.

Seriously, people? You say you believe in Jesus but you don't believe He will protect you?
Quote:

Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Even snake handlers have more faith than you people! :badmood:

Anyone who does not show up to church this Sunday can say goodbye to Landover Baptist forever! :rebuke: And when you are there, don't you even THINK about weaseling out of shaking hands and embracing your Pastors and other members of the congregation. :angry: And DO NOT use hand sanitizer, it makes your hands all yucky and sticky. :bad:

And remember this: if anyone shows signs of the sickness afterwards, it is ALL YOUR FAULT, SINNER! :nono: Disease is a sign of God, sent by Him to those who displease Him. God sees you and judges you!

Quote:

Deuteronomy 28:58-61
58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, The Lord Thy God;
59 Then the Lord will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.
61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the Lord bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

So don't displease God, keep coming and keep the tithes coming, too! The jet isn't going to pay for itself, is it?! :jesus:

Johny Joe Hold 03-13-2020 02:44 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1265566)
Are you trying to Jew Jesus, people?! :angry:

There have been false rumors spreading about some people contracting the virus from me and Donnie, and that we should get self-isolated and tested for the disease.

Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? (Matthew 8:26).

Seriously, people? You say you believe in Jesus but you don't believe He will protect you?
Anyone who does not show up to church this Sunday can say goodbye to Landover Baptist forever! :rebuke: And when you are there, don't you even THINK about weaseling out of shaking hands and embracing your Pastors and other members of the congregation. :angry: And DO NOT use hand sanitizer, it makes your hands all yucky and sticky. :bad:
So don't displease God, keep coming and keep the tithes coming, too! The jet isn't going to pay for itself, is it?! :jesus:

God Bless You, Pastor Zeke. All of us here at Landover Baptist have been waiting to learn church will be held as usual and on time. Our beloved Pastor in not part of the liberal fake news establishment.

Isabella White 03-13-2020 11:41 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1265588)
God Bless You, Pastor Zeke. All of us here at Landover Baptist have been waiting to learn church will be held as usual and on time. Our beloved Pastor in not part of the liberal fake news establishment.

Amen, dear Brother Mayor Hold. Amen! Why, I wonder if Pastor Zeke would consider even extending the hours that the church will remain open, since our beloved :god-fancy:-sent President Donald J. Trump has declared Sunday, March 15th to be a National Day of Prayer. Thanks to our President's mighty and faultless leadership, I expect that we will see the :lord-fancy: answering the prayers instantly, and completely defeating this silly, fake virus. And then, won't it be great fun to see the panic that that brings to those LIE-beral, Demonrats? Oh, can you imagine Bernie's head almost exploding over that? :glory:

https://ishr.site/MS4Y

Alvin Moss 03-14-2020 12:27 AM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Our God has builded us a mighty fortress of faith and it is good to have a solid rock upon which to rest in these perilous times. As Christians, we are commanded to come together for praise and worship (Hebrews 10:25). God will not send His plague among the righteous. Anyway, if God wants your scalp, there is no use in hiding.

Johny Joe Hold 03-14-2020 03:22 AM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
We have one of a very few brave pastors in Pastor Zeke. You can find a few others here and there.

For example, in Kentucky the Governor ordered churches closed. A few Baptists in that state gave the Governor the "bird". They are holding church services in spite of the atheist Governor.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/s...-governor.html

MitzaLizalor 03-14-2020 06:52 AM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
3 Attachment(s)
God is always consistent.

From the earliest days of His undertaking to care for those who acknowledge Him there have been difficulties, as it would seem to a non-believer requiring action by one's own efforts to meet the challenge. The Bible does not teach that. Of course there are people who don't believe The Bible or who lie about what's recorded there but that doesn't change what God has promised or whether those promises are real.


Attachment 28819

His Chosen People challenged by despair leaving Egypt with insufficient water:
EXODUS 15
3
The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
18 The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.
22-23 So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water. And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
25-26 And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them, and said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

Those are very strong words. Healing is not something God just does. Healing is a part of God's nature. The Bible is very straightforward here; through obedience a twofold promise is activated. On the one hand a very specific suite of diseases is promised to be withheld..those afflicting the Egyptians..and on the other hand a promise still current that ALL sickness will be taken away. Not only sicknesses having known remedies but all the incurable ones too. It's a part of His nature.


Attachment 28820

God promises to take away ALL sickness and prevent evil disease:
DEUTERONOMY 7
9
Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.
11 Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.
15 And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.

Matthew explains that there were forty-two generations from Abraham to Jesus, a period of twenty-one hundred years. The link goes to a timeline for reference. That allows 50 years per generation. Clearly the promise concerning health remains current, differing starkly from secular ideals which offer no such guarantees. Paul knew what God's promise was and what happens when people start making up stuff for themselves. Relaxed secular standards do not agree with anything originating in The Bible and can deliver neither health nor Salvation. No-one likes being reprimanded (as Paul well knew) but regardless of personal feelings, there is an alternative to death.


Attachment 28821

It's never too late to turn away from the plague of death:
II Corinthians 7
9a
Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance:
9b for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

So many people think they have a better assurance of improving conditions by relying on false teachings instead of following the only path throughout history to help understand the world we live in and how to apply ourselves so that others may also learn about answers to pain and suffering. It's not compulsory to read and understand The Bible but without that knowledge our attempts to address the sorrow of the world are made so much harder in places where it's most needed, where false promises have failed so often.



Johny Joe Hold 03-14-2020 02:22 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Iowa's Governor, Republican Kim Reynolds, just had a news conference up the street from Freehold. She said there are now 17 people in Iowa sick with the coronavirus.

I wish she would have told the truth about them. All the cases came from traveling outside the Godly U.S.A. And, 13 were on a "cruise ship."

I've never been on a cruise ship but I'm suspicious of them. I think they are floating sexual orgies. I've asked people who have taken cruises who supervises what goes on in the staterooms? They look at me funny but don't answer. That tells me there is sin on board.

So, are we to be surprised disease is spreading on cruise ships? I think not. Maybe these ships are out of sight from land but God can see what goes on, staterooms and on deck. If people from Iowa go on cruises they best never come home.

https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbo...j4OvsKWlGKQ%3D

Alvin Moss 03-15-2020 02:05 AM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
I believe that the Finance Ministry should be especially vigilant for the foreseeable future, due to the large number of estates which will be disbursed among the grieving relatives of those in their late 70's and 80's who will shortly be called to account for their sins.


God is making a rich harvest of sinners of all types, but the majority are over 70. Many of their heirs are members of Landover Baptist Church and a goodly portion of those securities, monies and valuables that they receive from the estate should be gifted for God's work. At least thirty percent should be the standard. Those who are particularly well heeled could give more. These love offerings should be voluntary and the new rule should be rigidly enforced to insure collection.


I feel badly for certain saved Christians who's parents or other loved ones are about to start the reward for their sinful lives (which is the fires of Hell), but that is no reason to overlook a windfall of this magnitude.

Prayer Warrior 03-15-2020 02:41 AM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1265566)
There have been false rumors spreading about some people contracting the virus from me and Donnie, and that we should get self-isolated and tested for the disease.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/14/trum...ctor-says.html


Of course, we already knew that the POTUS was disease free. Though to dissuade the doubters, he got tested anyway. As expected, tests confirm President Donald Trump is completely free from Corona virus.


Other world leaders are not so fortunate. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/ameri...rus/index.html The Prime Minister of Canada's wife got hit with the virus. I think this is a warning that Jesus is getting fed-up with how Justin Trudeau is handling Canada and his liberalism.

Faith_Machine 03-17-2020 11:00 AM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Pastor Zeke, as you have no doubt heard, I will be unable to attend this Sunday, as I have been hospitalized.

I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was when sister Mary told me you would come visit me and pray over my sick bed.


You are still coming, right?

Pastor Ezekiel 03-17-2020 12:17 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith_Machine (Post 1265806)
Pastor Zeke, as you have no doubt heard, I will be unable to attend this Sunday, as I have been hospitalized.

I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was when sister Mary told me you would come visit me and pray over my sick bed.

You are still coming, right?

You expect me to visit when your hospital bill remains to be paid - as well as your tithes?! Jesus won't tolerate this financial distress much longer, capische? Nor does my septic tank that needs to be cleaned. I'll send a short prayer your way and you'll see how the cesspit fumes will cure you of any respiratory demons! AND you owe me our church 17000 $ for the spiritually fortified oxygen that is only available in our hospitals.

:badmood:

Mierra 03-17-2020 03:12 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Preach it, Pastor Zeke! We should double the Sunday services in the next period so we can fit in many extra prayers.

upchucker67 03-17-2020 04:15 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mierra (Post 1265810)
Preach it, Pastor Zeke! We should double the Sunday services in the next period so we can fit in many extra prayers.



How is it Unsaved Trash like me would be permitted into Landover's Sunday services? :huh:

Brother Gonzalez 03-17-2020 05:24 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
The real problem here is when people start believing more in a "Pasteur" than a Pastor. This the modern tragedy.

Basilissa 03-17-2020 05:54 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mierra (Post 1265810)
Preach it, Pastor Zeke! We should double the Sunday services in the next period so we can fit in many extra prayers.

Hello and :welcome-flowers: to our friendly forum, Mierra! Yes your church should do everything possible to spread God's Love to as many people as possible. Have you given a thought to the idea of introducing yourself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by upchucker67 (Post 1265814)
How is it Unsaved Trash like me would be permitted into Landover's Sunday services? :huh:

You aren't. I hope that addresses your question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Gonzalez (Post 1265817)
The real problem here is when people start believing more in a "Pasteur" than a Pastor. This the modern tragedy.

Indeed, Brother!! :thumbsup:

James Hutchins 03-17-2020 07:20 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Any person with half a brain knows God protects the righteous. God is the one that provides conception to a female, permits the birth and then takes the life back when He feels the person is ready for Heaven or as is the case with most people, Hell.
This current fad of Corona is just a message from Him to watch our P's and Q's. Those that are pure and True in faith have nothing to worry about.


I'll take a moment and put in a reminder of the Saturday get together at the LBC Club for the Older Church members to give 'spring advice' to our younger members. A day of sharing and giving back. Come one, come all. Take a sip from the giant 'Fellowship Cup'. Savor the warm embrace of your fellow parishioner.


Corona virus, give me a break. It is just allergies, Gods way of telling us 'the plants are doing it'.

Isabella White 03-17-2020 08:34 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by upchucker67 (Post 1265814)
How is it Unsaved Trash like me would be permitted into Landover's Sunday services? :huh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1265819)
You aren't. I hope that addresses your question.

How very true, dear Sister Basilissa -- how very true! Did you happen to have the very sad misfortune of seeing that video clip that was uploaded by Mr. Hucker? And, he wonders how he would be permitted into a :landover-fancy: Sunday service?! That's the biggest laugh in town!

upchucker67 03-17-2020 08:38 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Please don't dismiss me just yet! I have a whole series in mind that will surely make up for my trespasses. I will be picking where I last left off at Genesis. I hope I have no more bowel trouble. I don't want it to turn off Jesus so early in our rekindling relationship.

Isabella White 03-17-2020 08:43 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by upchucker67 (Post 1265832)
Please don't dismiss me just yet! I have a whole series in mind that will surely make up for my trespasses. I will be picking where I last left off at Genesis. I hope I have no more bowel trouble. I don't want it to turn off Jesus so early in our rekindling relationship.

Oh, my; how frightfully fascinating that sounds, Mr. Huckster. However, it is very possible that I will be preoccupied with other very important matters and, therefore, unable to view much of your enthralling video series. You see, my sister (Agatha) is painting a scene of my prize-winning hollyhocks, and I thought it would be a better use of my time to watch the paint dry. Have a lovely afternoon, Dear.

Faith_Machine 03-17-2020 08:43 PM

Re: Coronavirus is no reason to cancel Sunday services
 
Please come see me, Pastor Zeke. I might not have much longer.

I wrote everything down in a letter. A deathbed confession. Everything. For your own sake, you might want to come. Be a shame if this letter got into the wrong hands.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums 1620, 2018 all rights reserved