The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

Thinks Design 09-20-2012 12:23 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmywiththetinyjimmy (Post 931699)
And I said what i thought about selling your daughter it is fine for you huh but of course her opinion does not matter right because she is just a girl

What a horrible thing to say. You should not stereotype!

Typical male.

Men and women were designed (by the Designer) to be different but equal.

Girls can have valid opinions about sociology more than men just like men are better at astronomy.

The Designer designed our brains so that when we bring up children they need a masculine and feminine influence balanced.

This is why it is fine for lesbian and gay couples to raise children as lesbians are psychologically half man half woman so two lesbians adds up to one whole man and one whole woman's influence.

Same for gays: they are psychologically half man half woman. Same equation.

More evidence the the Designer thought of everything.

Redeemed Papist 09-20-2012 03:23 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmywiththetinyjimmy (Post 931698)
Hey what do you know another racist

but think this through was Jesus white no i don't care about politics i do not like Obama or any politician for that matter secondly i have never once said "homeboy" in my entire life and i am not from Zimbabwe and i am mixed race you have just made me see how racist Christians really are thanks

How is selling your daughter racist? Are you suggesting that Pastor Jones had a darkie for a daughter?

Mary Etheldreda 09-20-2012 04:31 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmywiththetinyjimmy (Post 931699)
And I said what i thought about selling your daughter it is fine for you huh but of course her opinion does not matter right because she is just a girl

Perhaps a True Christian™ woman can offer some perspective here.

:)

You see, God doesn't care about our emotions, because He knows they are fleeting, responding to external events that are continually changing. Women have been created to bear children to the glory of God, and so He created us to be highly emotional in order to sense the needs of our little ones when they are so dependent and vulnerable. Sadly, because of our predisposition to emotional instability (I say this objectively) and desire to usurp command (ever hear of the woman Eve in the Garden of Eden?), it is only considerate for our fathers to find a fitting husband to care for his daughter. Brother Jones is doing the most responsible thing a father can do, he's looking out for the needs of his daughter as well as keeping in mind the economic responsibilities a man and head of the household naturally has.

As a woman, and as a mother of girls as well as boys, I can tell you that it is a fact girls are more emotionally unstable than boys and they require more correction with regards to minding their place. Now, you can complain and whine about girls not having a "place," but the fact is, the LORD has created each of us with His own design in mind. We are but the clay and He is the potter. A gal who knows her place in creation is a satisfied person. The good Brother Jones is only doing what a loving father does - help his daughter live a satisfied and happy life.

:)

Pastor Ezekiel 09-20-2012 05:04 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmywiththetinyjimmy (Post 931698)
Hey what do you know another racist

but think this through was Jesus white no i don't care about politics i do not like Obama or any politician for that matter secondly i have never once said "homeboy" in my entire life and i am not from Zimbabwe and i am mixed race you have just made me see how racist Christians really are thanks

Here we see an excellent example of what happens when miscenigation takes place. God hates race-mixing. He hates it. This little gray-skinned bastard is addle-brained and brimming with hate for Christ. That's what happens.

Show me a man who thinks race-mixing is not an abomination unto God, and I'll show you a man who hasn't read Ezra 9-10. :rtfm:

Alfred King 09-20-2012 05:23 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 931774)
Show me a man who thinks race-mixing is not an abomination unto God

http://i.imgur.com/CpX94.gif

John Scopes 09-21-2012 01:01 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
In my scientific studies in this place I have personally observed many social Darwinists but not necessarily any overt racists.

Perhaps you have been spending too much time as an active member over at FR or RS, and are simply projecting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmywiththetinyjimmy (Post 931692)
If this is a joke i don't find it amusing and if it is not then you are selling you are basically selling your daughter of as a slave

Plus considering the website does not allow racism i am surprised to see how many of you are racist

let me guess right white power is pathetic think you will find Jesus was not white


Pastor Ezekiel 09-21-2012 04:41 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred King (Post 931779)

Shut your pie-hole, boy! :threaten:

bobicus 09-21-2012 05:14 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 931774)
Here we see an excellent example of what happens when miscenigation takes place. God hates race-mixing. He hates it. This little gray-skinned bastard is addle-brained and brimming with hate for Christ. That's what happens.

Show me a man who thinks race-mixing is not an abomination unto God, and I'll show you a man who hasn't read Ezra 9-10. :rtfm:

now I'm curious, what does Ezra 9/10 say

Pastor Ezekiel 09-21-2012 05:24 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobicus (Post 932016)
now I'm curious, what does Ezra 9/10 say

I'm not here to spoon feed you, boy! Look it up! :rtfm:

bobicus 09-21-2012 05:25 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
no thanks :)

Pastor Ezekiel 09-21-2012 05:26 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobicus (Post 932025)
no thanks :)

Bye then. :banned:

natedogbfd 09-21-2012 12:28 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
I view the confederacy as having a legitimate claim as a separate nation, so therefore I am authorized to own slaves if they are from the south, a neighboring nation. I am thinking that means I can purchase your daughter to be a prostitute. I realize that sends her strait to hell, but what do you care? what can we start the bidding at?

Cursed 09-21-2012 12:46 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by natedogbfd (Post 932103)
I view the confederacy as having a legitimate claim as a separate nation, so therefore I am authorized to own slaves if they are from the south, a neighboring nation. I am thinking that means I can purchase your daughter to be a prostitute. I realize that sends her strait to hell, but what do you care? what can we start the bidding at?

You are disgusting.

No True Christian man would ever sell his daughter to prostitution, for shame.

Nathan B. Forrest 09-22-2012 03:42 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by natedogbfd (Post 932103)
I view the confederacy as having a legitimate claim as a separate nation, so therefore I am authorized to own slaves if they are from the south, a neighboring nation. I am thinking that means I can purchase your daughter to be a prostitute. I realize that sends her strait to hell, but what do you care? what can we start the bidding at?

you're a couple olives short of a martini, aren't ya boy?? :pirate:

And change your name....I am the only True "Nate" in these here parts.

VDubVDub 09-24-2012 10:45 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
I made an account here specialy for this post , i can give you like 5.000$ and 20 silver shackels for your sweet daughter . private message me please .

Professor Bessemer 09-24-2012 10:52 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VDubVDub (Post 933324)
I made an account here specialy for this post , i can give you like 5.000$ and 20 silver shackels for your sweet daughter . private message me please .

To whom are you responding?

Mary Etheldreda 09-24-2012 10:59 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VDubVDub (Post 933324)
I made an account here specialy for this post , i can give you like 5.000$ and 20 silver shackels for your sweet daughter . private message me please .

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yNuXjN9IfT...0/shackles.jpg

That's not creepy at all.

MitzaLizalor 09-27-2012 11:06 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinksDesign (Post 931715)
What a horrible thing to say. You should not stereotype!

Typical male.

Men and women were designed (by the Designer) to be different but equal.

Girls can have valid opinions about sociology more than men just like men are better at astronomy.

The Designer designed our brains so that when we bring up children they need a masculine and feminine influence balanced.

This is why it is fine for lesbian and gay couples to raise children as lesbians are psychologically half man half woman so two lesbians adds up to one whole man and one whole woman's influence.

Same for gays: they are psychologically half man half woman. Same equation.

More evidence the the Designer thought of everything.

It really is quite embarrassing for me to read nicely reasoned material from someone wearing such a lovely scarf and yet to see that everything you've said is false.

You mention this nebulous "designer" yet never give it a name. Have you never considered that no such "designer" exists? We are not the result of some architectural experiment left to meander through the gurgling swamp of "evolution" like apostate Israelites anandoned to death in Sinai.

The world was created using language:


PSALM 33
6
By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.
KJV . . . LOOK UP . . CONTEXT


No "drawing board" no "development stage" no "manufacturing process" — God spake and it was done.

God described how to bring up children. There is no mention of brains. He also described homosexualists. They are to be killed.

No woman is psychologically "half man" nor any man "half woman" — you then move on to gender. Humans do not come is genders such characteristics belong to nouns and adjectives in the Romance languages. Humans are created in two sexes: male and (later on) female. Adam was perfect. He had no mother, no upbringing, no sodomite agenda rammed down his throat. He is not the product of any algorithm, there is no "equation" such as may be spouted by "rocket scientists" or "gender reassignment" charlatans.

Girls of any "gender" do not have valid opinions. Which means that you do not have valid opinions. God's Word as explained by one's husband (or other owner) is as far as it goes, in so far as that His Word is not obvious in its meaning. Have you spoken to The Pasroral Team about this. No you have not. It is only because they are a conduit for His Grace that you are able to post here at all, in the (probably forlorn) hope that you'll come to an understanding of The Truth and be delivered from the demons which so plague your thoughts and manipulate your every lustful desire.

Your "designer" is a mental image created in the likeness of a man (an architect or something) and as such is a type of idol. Additionally, the gifts you were created with you have debased to the level of gibberish; God explains:


EZEKIEL 16
17 - 19 Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them, And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them. My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD.
30 - 32 How weak is thine heart, saith the Lord GOD, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman; In that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of every way, and makest thine high place in every street; and hast not been as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire; But as a wife that committeth adultery, which taketh strangers instead of her husband!
35 - 38 Wherefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD: Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thy filthiness was poured out, and thy nakedness discovered through thy whoredoms with thy lovers, and with all the idols of thy abominations, and by the blood of thy children, which thou didst give unto them; Behold, therefore I will gather all thy lovers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loved, with all them that thou hast hated; I will even gather them round about against thee, and will discover thy nakedness unto them, that they may see all thy nakedness. And I will judge thee, as women that break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will give thee blood in fury and jealousy.
KJV . . . LOOK UP . . CONTEXT

I hope that is helpful.

Scandick 09-28-2012 03:10 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Human trafficking is illegal, dumbass. You'll get in jail for selling your daughter.

Capt. Aaron Portway 09-28-2012 03:15 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scandic (Post 934471)
Human trafficking is illegal, dumbass. You'll get in jail for selling your daughter.

Not if her parents consent and you marry her like I did!:thumbsup:

Keep your ignorant unsaved opinions to yourself. You're just making yourself look stupid. :gaa:

Da Fugly Fool 10-08-2012 10:01 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 623200)
This darn Obama depression is affecting our family horribly. Since we moved to Freehold, we haven't been able to sell our beautiful six bedroom house on a 1/10th acre plot in Arizona. The bank is about to foreclose on it. I have already asked the church, but they are feeling the pinch too. Pastor Zeke's Christmas gift is only going to be in the 20 thousand dollar range this year.

It's fortunate that my daughter just turned 13. She needs to be betrothed anyway.

How much do you guys think I could get for her?

She, is of course a virgin. The tokens of virginity will be there on your wedding night when she reaches the age of consent or you can stone her as per Deuteronomy 22:13-21.

She is a decent cook, but lazy about cleaning. It's my wife's fault for that. I'm sure if you have a strong steady hand for keeping her in line, she can be encouraged to get better.

Any serious bids from True Christians will be considered.

You can't make her work out in the field. If you buy her for a wife you have to provide for her for the rest of her natural life, so please don't take this lightly. If you are buying her for your son, please make sure he likes her because otherwise you cannot return her.

Exodus 21:7-10 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who has betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he has dealt deceitfully with her.
And if he has betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
If he takes him another wife; her food, her clothing, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

God Bless,
Levi

Saw this on reddit, it reminded me of how screwed up the world is. You are sick and any of you who think this is ok are sick as well. If there is a god, I hope you can't wash away your sins and you burn in your so called "hell". If you tried to pull this anywhere near me, I would bash your skull in and send you to your maker. :ph34r: :devil: :brimley: :angry:

Mary Etheldreda 10-08-2012 10:06 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Fuq (Post 937592)
Saw this on reddit, it reminded me of how screwed up the world is.

Indeed. We have but one hope: Jesus Christ.

:innocent:

Rev. M. Rodimer 10-08-2012 10:06 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Fuq (Post 937592)
Saw this on reddit, it reminded me of how screwed up the world is. You are sick and any of you who think this is ok are sick as well. If there is a god, I hope you can't wash away your sins and you burn in your so called "hell". If you tried to pull this anywhere near me, I would bash your skull in and send you to your maker. :ph34r: :devil: :brimley: :angry:

Hi, Fug! I see you're an atheist.

Why do you reject God and His Laws? Don't you know that God will resurrect all nonbelievers and sinners at Judgment into immortal bodies, and then burn them alive forever in His Lake of Fire? :sinner:

I don't want that to happen to you. Why do you choose that horror? :(

Da Fugly Fool 10-08-2012 10:10 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 931757)
Perhaps a True Christian™ woman can offer some perspective here.

:)

You see, God doesn't care about our emotions, because He knows they are fleeting, responding to external events that are continually changing. Women have been created to bear children to the glory of God, and so He created us to be highly emotional in order to sense the needs of our little ones when they are so dependent and vulnerable. Sadly, because of our predisposition to emotional instability (I say this objectively) and desire to usurp command (ever hear of the woman Eve in the Garden of Eden?), it is only considerate for our fathers to find a fitting husband to care for his daughter. Brother Jones is doing the most responsible thing a father can do, he's looking out for the needs of his daughter as well as keeping in mind the economic responsibilities a man and head of the household naturally has.

As a woman, and as a mother of girls as well as boys, I can tell you that it is a fact girls are more emotionally unstable than boys and they require more correction with regards to minding their place. Now, you can complain and whine about girls not having a "place," but the fact is, the LORD has created each of us with His own design in mind. We are but the clay and He is the potter. A gal who knows her place in creation is a satisfied person. The good Brother Jones is only doing what a loving father does - help his daughter live a satisfied and happy life.

:)

Wow justifying the sick actions of another conformist. You can sugar coat it all you want or try to use your good book to explain these actions, but in the end it is human trafficking and it is illegal. The south fought and lost the war so no slavery in the U.S.A. today.

John North 10-08-2012 10:16 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Fuq (Post 937596)
Wow justifying the sick actions of another conformist. You can sugar coat it all you want or try to use your good book to explain these actions, but in the end it is human trafficking and it is illegal. The south fought and lost the war so no slavery in the U.S.A. today.

Now listen here my little Korean friend, we follow the word of the Bible. What’s this about traffic and war and the like?

Da Fugly Fool 10-08-2012 10:16 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 937595)
Hi, Fug! I see you're an atheist.

Why do you reject God and His Laws? Don't you know that God will resurrect all nonbelievers and sinners at Judgment into immortal bodies, and then burn them alive forever in His Lake of Fire? :sinner:

I don't want that to happen to you. Why do you choose that horror? :(

I have no interest in religion, it wouldn't hurt to be religious though, think about this..... If I were to give myself to JESUS, then I am covered when my time comes and if there is no such thing then I am covered as well. The only thing is, some people have turned me off from the concept. Example the original poster of this thread and its supporting posters. I am more receptive to the "Do unto others" christians and repulsed by the "Brimstone and Fire" christians.

Mary Etheldreda 10-08-2012 10:21 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Fuq (Post 937598)
I am more receptive to the "Do unto others" christians and repulsed by the "Brimstone and Fire" christians.

Well of course! If you think about it, what have they got to gain by making you feel good like that? You come to their church, donate your time and money to pay for their pastor's lavish lifestyle, agree to pay taxes to supplement their expenses, vote for representatives that support their organization, etc.

What have we to gain from your conversion? Nothing!

But what have you to loose from rejecting the True Christian™ faith?

Everything!

:)

Da Fugly Fool 10-08-2012 10:22 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John North (Post 937597)
Now listen here my little Korean friend, we follow the word of the Bible. What’s this about traffic and war and the like?

Now listen here mutton chops, you follow the propaganda of a guy named King James. :pirate:

Da Fugly Fool 10-08-2012 10:28 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 937599)
Well of course! If you think about it, what have they got to gain by making you feel good like that? You come to their church, donate your time and money to pay for their pastor's lavish lifestyle, agree to pay taxes to supplement their expenses, vote for representatives that support their organization, etc.

What have we to gain from your conversion? Nothing!

But what have you to loose from rejecting the True Christian™ faith?

Everything!

:)

You could sell water to a whale, ice to an eskimo and fire in hell young lady. Need a job, I need a good sales rep. I am not trying to sell you guys on anything except IT IS WRONG TO SELL PEOPLE, especially children, being a father I would do anything for my child no matter the circumstance. I most certainly would not cop out to selling my child because I was too lazy or unmotivated to support my family. I would have kept my penis in my pants if I was unable to provide. I would give up everything I have to keep my child, not give my child up to keep what I have.

John North 10-08-2012 10:30 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Fuq (Post 937600)
Now listen here mutton chops, you follow the propaganda of a guy named King James. :pirate:

Why all the anger? Is it the prospect of burning in hell for eternity that has put you in such a bad mood? It should. Why not try doing something about it?

Mary Etheldreda 10-08-2012 10:36 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Fuq (Post 937601)
I most certainly would not cop out to selling my child because I was too lazy or unmotivated to support my family.

Mocking Brother Jones' past financial difficulties is a pretty low blow, friend. Not a single one of us has come to your Reddit hang-out and mocked your tough times. Besides, his motivation for providing for his daughter's future was of utmost responsibility and compassion. He didn't have to look for a husband, didn't have to insure her purity. I agree with Brother North in that you sound terribly angry. You will find this life is far more tolerable when you know the next one will not be damned.

:)

Da Fugly Fool 10-08-2012 10:39 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John North (Post 937602)
Why all the anger? Is it the prospect of burning in hell for eternity that has put you in such a bad mood? It should. Why not try doing something about it?

It is angering that some people take advantage of others and prey on their weakness and need for hope.

Bobby-Joe 10-08-2012 10:42 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Fuq (Post 937601)
You could sell water to a whale, ice to an eskimo and fire in hell young lady. Need a job, I need a good sales rep. I am not trying to sell you guys on anything except IT IS WRONG TO SELL PEOPLE, especially children, being a father I would do anything for my child no matter the circumstance. .

Friend,

God Himself says it is ok to sell your children, not Landover Baptist, Not King James, it is God, talking threw Moses in The Bible. That why the OP included the original scripture so you can look it up in your own Bible and check for yourself if we are citing it correctly. So this is you verses God here. Do not put us TRUE Christians into this, we only follow God's commands.

God is the perfect, all knowing source of all goodness, what do you have to offer to counter God's judgement, beyond your personal opinion?

Da Fugly Fool 10-08-2012 10:44 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 937605)
Mocking Brother Jones' past financial difficulties is a pretty low blow, friend. Not a single one of us has come to your Reddit hang-out and mocked your tough times. Besides, his motivation for providing for his daughter's future was of utmost responsibility and compassion. He didn't have to look for a husband, didn't have to insure her purity. I agree with Brother North in that you sound terribly angry. You will find this life is far more tolerable when you know the next one will not be damned.

:)

Low blow or not, its about personal responsibility, something I feel that christians like yourselves don't take, you count on good buddy Jesus for that. Convince me otherwise and i'll buy the child.

Rev. M. Rodimer 10-08-2012 10:46 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Fuq (Post 937598)
I have no interest in religion, it wouldn't hurt to be religious though, think about this..... If I were to give myself to JESUS, then I am covered when my time comes and if there is no such thing then I am covered as well. The only thing is, some people have turned me off from the concept. Example the original poster of this thread and its supporting posters. I am more receptive to the "Do unto others" christians and repulsed by the "Brimstone and Fire" christians.

But the "Do unto others" Christians, as you call them, ignore God's commands to rebuke those who sin. They will spend eternity in His Lake of Fire alongside atheists.

They make you feel good by telling you what you want to hear. They are lying, so you will give them money. That's all there is to them.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Fuq (Post 937601)
I am not trying to sell you guys on anything except IT IS WRONG TO SELL PEOPLE,

But the Bible sets specific prices, and tells us how to treat those we may purchase. How can it be "wrong" when God is the arbiter of right and wrong?

(While it is not legal to sell people in the United States, it is legal to require a dowry of a suitor.)

If you think requiring a dowry is wrong, what do you think of God's commands to execute homosexuals, and adulterers like Newt Gingrich, and idolators like Catholics, and those who would turn us from Jesus? Do you think THOSE commands are "wrong", too?

Da Fugly Fool 10-08-2012 10:49 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 937608)
Friend,

God Himself says it is ok to sell your children, not Landover Baptist, Not King James, it is God, talking threw Moses in The Bible. That why the OP included the original scripture so you can look it up in your own Bible and check for yourself if we are citing it correctly. So this is you verses God here. Do not put us TRUE Christians into this, we only follow God's commands.

God is the perfect, all knowing source of all goodness, what do you have to offer to counter God's judgement, beyond your personal opinion?

Really you were there when God spoke to Moses, has this been verified? Why was I not informed? You take King James word for it that Moses was speaking on behalf of God. Have you asked God? What did he say? If God is so perfect why would he let such terrible things happen to his "children" such as rape and torturing of children, mass murder, etc,.

Deathqueen 10-08-2012 10:51 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
This is real? People still live in the stone age. WTF!! Is wrong with you people!! Do you have no morals?

Da Fugly Fool 10-08-2012 10:55 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 937612)
But the "Do unto others" Christians, as you call them, ignore God's commands to rebuke those who sin. They will spend eternity in His Lake of Fire alongside atheists.

They make you feel good by telling you what you want to hear. They are lying, so you will give them money. That's all there is to them.

But the Bible sets specific prices, and tells us how to treat those we may purchase. How can it be "wrong" when God is the arbiter of right and wrong?

(While it is not legal to sell people in the United States, it is legal to require a dowry of a suitor.)

If you think requiring a dowry is wrong, what do you think of God's commands to execute homosexuals, and adulterers like Newt Gingrich, and idolators like Catholics, and those who would turn us from Jesus? Do you think THOSE commands are "wrong", too?

I believe you have too much time on your hands. And you are all following King James, the books of the "bible" were written in a language that I highly doubt any one of you can read write or speak, so you are taking some guy's word for it. We are all tainted by the human element, and therefore have a personal agenda.

Rev. M. Rodimer 10-08-2012 10:58 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Fuq (Post 937613)
Really you were there when God spoke to Moses, has this been verified? Why was I not informed? You take King James word for it that Moses was speaking on behalf of God. Have you asked God? What did he say?

Allow me to lay this out for you logically. You atheists claim to like logic, right?

Here we go:

The Bible is presented as being the Word of God. Right?

And God is all-powerful, and all-knowing. Right?

Right!

So that means that God knows exactly what the Bible says, and could change every copy in the world in an instant if it wasn't what He wanted it to say. Isn't that so?

Of course it is!

The Bible says what it says. Therefore, either:

  • The Bible says what God wants it to say;
  • God doesn't know or isn't able to fix it;
  • God doesn't care what we think and likes watching us kill each other over Him;
  • God is deliberately misleading us; or
  • God does not exist.
Now, which of those makes the most sense? #2, 3, and 4 all deny basic aspects of God. That leaves #1 and #5. Since we know God exists (even you atheists do, even though you deny it), the Bible must be what God wants it to be.
Quote:

If God is so perfect why would he let such terrible things happen to his "children" such as rape and torturing of children, mass murder, etc,.
God's Perfection has nothing to do with your secular humanist modern ideas of right and wrong. God is the arbiter of morality; if He wants someone to get sick, or raped, or tortured, then that is what happens. If He doesn't want it to happen, it doesn't happen.

Pretty simple, really.

You think it farfetched, but I bet you believe in "karma".

Da Fugly Fool 10-08-2012 11:00 PM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathking (Post 937615)
This is real? People still live in the stone age. WTF!! Is wrong with you people!! Do you have no morals?

Agreed.

If your religion is so important to you, then material things like MONEY wouldn't matter, you can't take it with you when you die. As I previously stated, I would sacrifice my lifestyle for my child, not sacrifice my child for my lifestyle. If the original poster is an unfit parent then give your child to someone else, do not market them for your own personal gain.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved