The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS ! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=14514)

James Hutchins 08-12-2009 04:30 PM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !

These 'people' are defective.

You know, man was made in Gods image right?

hackskum 08-12-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 381463)
These 'people' are defective.

You know, man was made in Gods image right?

Of course I know that, but this does not make us God.
Only he can judge.
By suggesting the chipper at the end of the finish line is judgement.
That is not for any of you to do.
Love thy neighbor, that can even be one with difficulties.

I bet money some of the people on here have defects, should we talke them out to the chipper too?
Only Christ was perfect, that leaves us all with defects.

James Hutchins 08-12-2009 04:54 PM

Do you think God likes to be portrayed as defective?

hackskum 08-12-2009 05:02 PM

God is perfect, we are not, but we can be clothed in his righteousness.
If you think you are perfect out of Christ, you have some reading to do.

James Hutchins 08-12-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackskii (Post 381517)
God is perfect, we are not, but we can be clothed in his righteousness.
If you think you are perfect out of Christ, you have some reading to do.

Of course I do not think I am perfect. But I do make a point of bettering myself every day. A retard cannot. They can merely exist, much like a bath mat. God wants us to do better. If we do not, then we are insulting God. Think about it. :hmmm:

hackskum 08-12-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 381534)
Of course I do not think I am perfect. But I do make a point of bettering myself every day. A retard cannot. They can merely exist, much like a bath mat. God wants us to do better. If we do not, then we are insulting God. Think about it. :hmmm:

How are you bettering yourself?
I kind of know what you mean but I would like to hear it from you, I dont want to infere anything here.

James Hutchins 08-12-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackskii (Post 381544)
How are you bettering yourself?
I kind of know what you mean but I would like to hear it from you, I dont want to infere anything here.

I appreciate that.

I read the Bible every day. I make sure I apply all of what I have learned. I share my knowledge with others. I (or at least try to) improve other peoples lives. I am never a burden on my fellow man.

winger 08-12-2009 07:35 PM

Just for clarification purposes for myself.
So the parents were sinners so God punished them with a retard?
Isn't everyone a sinner in need of Jesus?

If the kid was a sinner then God punished him before the age of accountability?

James Hutchins 08-12-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winger (Post 381838)
Just for clarification purposes for myself.
So the parents were sinners so God punished them with a retard?

It is possible. God works in mysterious ways

Quote:

Isn't everyone a sinner in need of Jesus?
Everyone is born a sinner and must repent.

Quote:

If the kid was a sinner then God punished him before the age of accountability?
No, a child born as a defective is punishment for parents/grandparents/siblings who are sinners.

God often waits till a person is 'aware' before He makes that person responsible for their actions.

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-12-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackskii (Post 381497)
Of course I know that, but this does not make us God.
Only he can judge.
By suggesting the chipper at the end of the finish line is judgement.
That is not for any of you to do.

The Bible stands contrary to what you are saying. God has indeed told us, in fact, commanded us, to judge others. Here is what Jesus Himself had to say...

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

This is Jesus Christ telling us we can judge.

hackskum 08-12-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 381957)
The Bible stands contrary to what you are saying. God has indeed told us, in fact, commanded us, to judge others. Here is what Jesus Himself had to say...

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

This is Jesus Christ telling us we can judge.

If a man on the sabbath, etc.? The argument is this: You blame me for healing an impotent man on the Sabbath; yet you break the Sabbath to circumcise a child if the eighth day after its birth falls on the Sabbath. You say that the law of circumcision was given to Abraham, is older than the Sabbath law, and must be kept if the Sabbath is to be broken. Now the law of love and mercy is older than Moses; why find fault if it is kept on the Sabbath? They should judge righteously, instead of by outward appearance.

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-12-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackskii (Post 381968)
If a man on the sabbath, etc.? The argument is this: You blame me for healing an impotent man on the Sabbath; yet you break the Sabbath to circumcise a child if the eighth day after its birth falls on the Sabbath. You say that the law of circumcision was given to Abraham, is older than the Sabbath law, and must be kept if the Sabbath is to be broken. Now the law of love and mercy is older than Moses; why find fault if it is kept on the Sabbath? They should judge righteously, instead of by outward appearance.

Exactly. Notice Jesus nowhere says for them not to judge at all, but rather does command them to judge righteously.

WWJDnow 08-12-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackskii (Post 381353)
I think prayer is needed here and not hate.

We don't pray in public. Matthew 6:6 tells us:

...when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father in secret shall reward thee openly.

I've been praying in the closet for many years, now.

Quote:

I have never seen any Christians have so much hate in their hearts. This is a sin.
Where does the Bible say that hatred in one's heart is a sin?

Quote:

You will be measured by the same rule as you measure.
That's true. That's why you won't see any Landover members with retardo kids.

Quote:

I didnt realize tough love was actually death.......
What's wrong with death? Christians don't fear death, for we share in the resurrection of Christ.

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection.... Romans 6:5

And for non-Christians, who cares?

hackskum 08-12-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 381976)
Exactly. Notice Jesus nowhere says for them not to judge at all, but rather does command them to judge righteously.

How convient, your words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 339663)
I was embezzling tithes and church dollars to finance my Rolls-Royce obsession and $10,000 a night 5-star hotel stays in exotic locales. It wasn't long before seedy photographs surfaced of me in a compromising position with a Thai transsexual prostitute.

But, the Justice Department filed charges on me for various crimes such as embezzlement, fraud, racketeering, and pandering. I spent the next 15 years in a Federal penitentiary.

I am no longer the hypocritical, greedy, scheming, duplicitous, conniving scoundrel that I was.

Yah, no doubt you have changed using the bible out of context.
It is for God alone to Judge, otherwise I would have some pretty harsh words for you here.
I cant even believe you are quoting scripture.
What ever you do, dont ask me for money...lol

James Hutchins 08-12-2009 10:18 PM

You are incredible! :gaa:
A man, a Rev., quotes scripture and you have a problem with it? Look bud, he reads and speaks the KJV 1611 Bible verbatim. Sorry if it is not the 'Disney Version' you are used to. But if you are going to insult the good members of this forum, I'll have to ask you to leave.

Johnnyboy 08-12-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackskii (Post 382005)
How convient, your words.

Yah, no doubt you have changed using the bible out of context.
It is for God alone to Judge, otherwise I would have some pretty harsh words for you here.
I cant even believe you are quoting scripture.
What ever you do, dont ask me for money...lol

Whats wrong with Rev. Jim quoting scripture? We've all had bumps in the road. He's a fine Christian man. You're wrong about God alone being able to judge. God commands us to judge.

John 7:24 (King James Version)

24Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Rev. Jim Osborne 08-12-2009 10:37 PM

hackskii, do you just not get it or something? You said only God can judge. I gave you quote where Jesus tells us to judge righteously. Obviously since you can't put two and two together, here's a couple more...

Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

Proverbs 31:9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

As for my sinful past, I acknowledge I fell from grace and was a sinner. I asked Jesus for forgiveness and became born again...again. Now I am ensured of my place in Heaven, for Christ has wiped all my sins clean!

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

winger 08-12-2009 11:54 PM

While we are on the subject, just wanting to learn as much as I can, can you loose your salvation?

Nobar King 08-13-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winger (Post 382120)
While we are on the subject, just wanting to learn as much as I can, can you loose your salvation?

Are you one of those losers who can't spell lose?
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:...9/03/loser.jpg

James Hutchins 08-13-2009 12:04 AM

Of course. All you need to do is sin. But remember, you can only repent so many times until God gets tired of your little games. For example, excessive spelling errors and God will smite you.